Amazon.com

Amazon.com insights

Based on 37,394 survey responses
What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

benefits and pay

Hardest part of the job is consistency and communication, there's times where you'll be same department doing the same things but if you communicate as much as you hopefully something different to do. pay and benefits were great!

Pros

pay

Cons

management, toxic work environment

Avoid working here unless you’re in dire need of money.

Of the labor jobs I have worked it is by far the least physical. My job is as a picker so that will be where this review is coming from. Physically the job is easy but it is extremely mentally draining. I have almost zero interaction with coworkers throughout the day and this is not by choice. It’s just you and your thoughts the entire time you are at work. I’ve worked here for almost 6 months now and have still yet to meet my manager. If I were to pass away, not a single person at my job would even be aware. People I have met in passing have for the most part already quit. The job is putting me through school so I am thankful for that but it has also destroyed my mental health. I have no sense of purpose or belonging at work. My disdain for this job has made me refuse to buy anything from this company. I am not a lazy person by any means and have worked in a steel mill and at an airport painting airplanes. Both of these jobs were way more physical but there was a sense of comradery between coworkers. That does not exist here.

Pros

Benefits, pay

Cons

Horrible work culture, micromanaging

The worst company I have ever worked for!

Amazon SAT 2 sucks from the word go. They are arrogant and ignorant.More chiefs than Indians. Lack of communication and organization.Great benefits if you are a blue badge. Like other big companies, there is more pressure than ever. More emphasis placed on the customer than employees. Stingy with PTO and vacation days. Poor attendance policy.More than happy to give UPT (Unpaid time) because it doesn't cost them anything. The worst company I have ever worked for in my life.F Amazon!

Health Insurance

Excellent Health Insurance. Great O.T opportunities. Great diversity. Meet new people. Management can ABSOLUTELY suck, especially with externals being brought in.

Pros

Cheap

Disappointing

They lied about how much they were gonna pay me, they gave me no training and then shoved me into a potentially dangerous work environment. Do not apply or work here unless you are absolutely desperate for money.

Cons

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

You meet a lot of great people

It is not a hard job at all, especially if you like work to keep you busy. Of course it is repetitive, but there are chances that pop up often to learn other departments in the warehouse. I have met some lifelong friends while here, and the benefits aren’t half bad.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Time-off hours

Cons

Long shifts

Great pay for what it is, with benefits

It’s labor. Hard work but you are well paid for a job that anyone with a couple brain cells can do. There are opportunities to move up if you apply. Definitely a great first job

Pros

Pay, benifits

Cons

Strict time off means if you don’t have enough hours to cover a shift your fired

Sucks

This job really sucks a lot. A lot. The managers are so rude and they think they can make changes without informing everybody. I would not recommend anyone to work here.

Great benefits and pay

Amazon is a very driven company and can be a very valuable asset to people wanting to be given enormous flexibility in their schedule, providing they earn it. Anyone driven to suceed will greatly prosper while working here. Helpfull managers and great HR.

Pros

great pay

Cons

fear of being fired every single day

Good place to work for the money paid

Work is easy enough for what you are being paid. Management isn’t always friendly to new staff so be prepared for that. If you need a job that encourages acceptance of individuality this is your place.

Pros

Easy to take time off it’s just unpaid

Cons

Takes a very long time to earn pto

It’s ok

Pay is pretty good for entry level. Job isn’t too bad just boring. Been working here 2 years as a small female and I’ve lasted. Just be mentally disciplined for the boredom but I personally feel it’s worth it.

Pros

Money, benefits

Cons

Boring

It’s a decent job with decent pay

Working long hours with short breaks constantly on your feet coworkers were the best part of the job always joking and helping out when things needed to be done management isn’t really to bad their there but don’t really interact with you only say hi or wave every once in a while working at Amazon thought me to work faster and get more things done in a short amount of time

Pros

Healthcare, decent pay, good overtime opportunity

Cons

Long hours, short pay, constant back and forth

Very fast paced, stressful, long hours

12-14 hour shifts and HIGH stress most of the time. It’s a lot of work, walking, and you don’t get to sit unless you are on break. You’ll deal with many new issues every single day. Don’t recommend unless you absolutely need a job.

Pros

Good to have company name on resume

Cons

Long Hours, stress, have to work on breaks to keep up, a lot of tasks given to you

Support and team mentality are on point!

The best company I've ever worked for!!! Had a lot of fun, always competitive on our numbers! Great people and great environment! I highly recommend applying for employment at any Amazon facility!

Pros

Lunch parties, Pto, quota incentives, morning and afternoon stretchs/clap in, Ppo, benefits from 1st day, stocks, sign on bonuses, overtime, so much more.

Cons

I really can't think of one, honestly!!

Horrible place to work

If you want to be treated horribly and get taken advantage of this is the place for you. It is a do as I say not as I do kind of work place. You won’t get ahead unless you throw everyone else under every bus possible.

Cons

Okay place to work. Work and life balance is not good at all

Okay place to work for. Life and work balance is not good. Definitely get underpaid for your job and a management makes it hard to grow within the company

Its an easy job but it can feel like a dead-end

The job is easy, mindless work. As long as you hit close to your rates (pack 2 boxes a minute) they'll leave you alone for the most part. You do have to be ok with being on your feet for long periods of time and lifting heavy items though. If you work the 12 hour over-night shift youll have 4 days off so youll have plenty of home time, and youll get paid $2 more. However, I feel like for the amount of work we do and for the amount of money Papa Bezos has, we should be paid more. Every time we learn a new duty at work we should be given a small raise. The thing about not being able to go to the bathroom is kinda true. If you stop doing your job theyll start tracking you, and if you take too long then youll get hours deducted. Also, Ive only been working at Amazon for 1 year and have had like 5 managers. No one stays because a lot of people end up not feeling valued. But if you need a job and dont mind long hours and heavy lifting then its not bad. Oh, and the benefits are top-notch.

Pros

OK pay, 4 days off, great benefits

Cons

inconsistent management, OK pay, feeling like a number

a lot of physical labor but fun

working at amazon i have made friends with my coworkers and especially during covid they take precautions seriously with 6 feet rules, temp. checks and even having free covid tests and vaccination events. through amazon i was able to get fully vaccinated and an $80 bonus for getting vaccinated

Pros

vending machines and snacks in break room

Cons

short 20 minute breaks

Sorree

It wasn’t hard at all. Fast pace but easy work. Keep you busy all night. But be prepared to stand the entire shift. You get to your station and do your task for the day. My opinion not too much micromanaging.

Pros

Paycheck. Flexible

Cons

Standing

Good Honest Work

Great opportunity for someone without a college degree. You can work your way up if you are on time, hard working (and fast), and a team player. The work can be pretty repetitive, that's why the best thing to do to survive: 1. make friends with people you enjoy talking to, 2. learn as many different tasks as possible so that you can find the handful that you most enjoy doing, 3. they are building amazon fc's everywhere so try to go on an away team to train other teams. Doing these things will help you enjoy your work as well as help you move up.

Pros

Good benefits: 50-75cent base pay increase every 6 months to a year, good health, dental insurance, career choice that allows you to transition into another career

Cons

Repetitive

stayed busy and productive

it was a pretty simple job. I enjoyed it. you stayed busy, so time went by quick. the managers were pretty nice and the co workers were nice too. pay was decent.

Pros

3 breaks, decent pay

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

22.4K

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight