Amazon.com

Amazon.com insights

Based on 39,643 survey responses
What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Lots of work and can't slow down

Job consisted of getting a shopping cart and going around the warehouse with a scanner, aisle per aisle looking for whatever people ordered. The warehouse is divided into 3 locations. Ambient where the room temperature food was located, chilled where the refrigerated food was and frozen where the frozen food is at. The job wasn't bad but you had to work quickly because you'll constantly be getting warnings that your productivity is going down if you don't pick food fast.

Fun, easy to learn didn't take me much time to figure it out.

Amazon is an awesome company to work at. It was my first job and I can honestly say that its been amazing. The only thing is that some assistant managers are simps (they treat girls differently). Ill say this when I was working and finished what I was doing I was waiting in line for my next task I was really tired because they tell me to try to go fast so the orders will go through which was understandable, while I was waiting the other guy was giving something to the girls but the guy was being too nice like he said and I quote "you seem really tired what do you feel like doing I don't want you to feel exhausted", the guy was literally telling the girl what she wanted to do since she was "exhausted" that doesn't seem fair and to make it worse he said "take your time" when it was my turn the guy said do this and hurry. Some of the assent managers are also nice but some are simps.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Simps

Boring work day

The pay is the only reason somebody would work here. It’s an Amazon fresh location in Vernon, and picking grocery orders gets boring real quick when working 10 hour shifts. If your gonna work here stay to Flex instead of full time

Sucks working here

Sucks to work there it’s fast pace at times and other times it’s slow but they don’t ever send you home early instead they make you do stupid little jobs

Fun and fast place to work

I loved the people that worked there it was a great and fast paced company to work for. I loved it because time went by fast. I also love the benefits that Amazon offers.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

it’s ok

Worked at the amazon fresh warehouse, they don’t really keep tabs on how long you’re in the freezer so be prepared for long cold hours. Overall I wouldn’t recommend it but if you don’t have a job they hire you quickly.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

not very safe

Management & HR

They don't care about the employees all they do is think about themselves people in the HR department are dumb as door knobs they don't know anything and I have proof of how they run things in ULA6

Flexible

I was able to choose my own hours but the location I worked at only allowed me to do 4 hours per shift. Not enough for someone who was starting a family. Benefits and pay was great but the hours were terrible.

Pros

Can make your own schedule

Cons

Not enough hours

Started Okay and Went Downhill From There

It started out almost enjoyable, but, as they say, bad management can make a good job terrible. Turnover rate is high for both warehouse staff and management, so if you enjoy the workplace environment one day, you may hate it the next. Unsurprisingly, profit is put far above employee welfare, and employees will often be tasked with keeping up with near impossible goals. Bathroom breaks are almost nonexistent if you want to keep up with what management wants you to do. The people can be great, but considering the turnover rate, that's not exactly a stable or valid reason to stay.

Pros

Almost always hiring, so it's great if you're unemployed and desperate

Cons

Short breaks, low pay, bad management, high turnover rate

Good?? Or bad.

Everything was so fast paced, not that I care for that at all, but amazon overworked their workers. Management made people feel tiny. Management chose favorites and it was very unfortunate to the people who were new or just genuinely needed a job.

Pros

free lunch sometimes, good snacks

Cons

short breaks, no breaks, 4 hours in freezer

Repetitive but good pay $

Good luck if you have to use the bathroom on your break. They give you 15 minutes but cut it down to 10 minutes. Don't know why. But this jobs good if you want easy work and pay.

Pros

Free Lunches (sometimes), Good Pay

Cons

Short Breaks, Cold Environment, Small Warehouse

Fast paced

Working at Amazon has friendly staff any questions or concerns you may have are answered. Great pay and opportunities for advancement and growth within the company.

Always busy and challenging at times but my coworkers make it fun. A great place for anyone that enjoys photography. Prepping items for photographers is challenging at times but satisfying.

Very good

Its a nice place to work at I loved it nice people I had a good time made some good money the breaks were always on time I really appreciate it and everything

Pros

Job

Cons

N/a

Better push those numbers up

Got to meet that quota, Loud working conditions, Forced me to go on medical leave for actually going out of my way to get a doctors note for my hand pain I was not allowed to return until I got another note denouncing that initial note.

Physical and fast paced

I’ve been here for 2 months. It’s very physical, but it keeps you from watching the clock because you don’t have time to honestly. You are able to cancel any shift 24 hours in advance with no penalty.. Make your own schedule..

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

No discount 🙄

distressing

No real future here, do the same repetitive task. Managers ask for too much that was actually possible we sometimes couldn't meet expectations due to shortage of equipment.

Cons

short breaks, no free snacks, very stressful, could get fired at the drop of a pin

only worked there for a week

I only worked there for a week. The company is a good company to work for but I changed to another company to work because of the hours. I would recommend it to another person.

A Challenging Workplace

Very challenging work considering its physical effort and tolerance working most especially at chilled and the freezer. Hoping the company would state flexibility and more choices straight at the hiring process for some wokers are willing to work at the freezer & chilled without any problem so do the wage rate may differ for them giving them more favor and rewards for doing so.

Fun but fast paced working environment

I worked at amazon for about one year and i came to the conclusion that the company is very successful because they are run very efficiently and keep costs to a minimal.

Pros

They offer paid time off

Cons

They demand great speed.

not any advancement

Not the best place, no raises whatsoever. The only insentives were Smart Bucks tha can buy you an Amazon shirt or binnie or a cup. when a good deed was done you only get like 2 smart bucks. The prices of the gear are like 15.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Amazon.com.
Powered byComparably