Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker in Chester, VA

Amazon has good health insurance and competitive pay
We have great health insurance benefits. The pay is good for those starting out but seems to lack for pay appreciation for those working there 5 or more years.
It was fun
I love really working with that company . And it a nice opportunity to work at.i love the workers that’s there they is a really good team player with new and old people
Pros
Beat
Cons
Wonderful
Awesome job
Awesome staffing real good with balancing the choices between hours good techniques for getting started for work and preping for the shift to start. Would reconsider
Slave Labor at its best
There is a constant drive to perform, management is sneaky and untrustworthy and there is a lot of bias and favorites. The hardest part of the job is showing up and the most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
The workplace culture is awful, and will play games with the person(s) that struggle with low self esteem by not setting everyone up for success and longevity with the company, one should expect to feel as though after three or four years there with no promotion or continued education that its time to move on. I learned to stay focus on what I need to to be doing to ensure that I stay physically and emotionally healthy and not let the culture and underlying issues influence my attitude. People walk in, but limp out.
Ok
Overall not enough pay for amount of work and money made for company. Fast paced and rate system that was inconsistent at times with the work load. Bad management
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
very different enviroment to work in
HR and management work together. It's always "Amazon Way" no help for the employee. The employee voice is rarely heard and help isn't rendered if the complaint is against a PA or Manager.
Pretty fun meeting new people
You would have to get to work before 6:30 a.m. At 6:30 a.m start working immediately. I did stow, so I had a big cart full of items and had to look for open bends to put them in. We had a couple of breaks and also a lunch period. The hardest part is just being able to be up walking the whole tie you are there. There was good management, they would check up on you and let you know if you were making the rate for the day. Meeting new people and having a conversation with them was the most enjoyable part of the job. I learned how to be more active with people and better my communication.
Pros
bring your own lunch, multiple breaks, meet new people
Cons
short breaks, long walks
Has Ups and Downs
They work you extremely hard for 10 hours and micro manage your every move. The benefits are great and that is good because you may need a short term disability after 5 years. I enjoy the people the most there. They give out prizes for hard work, but unfair in the process of distributing those prizes.
Pros
benefits, stock, decent starting pay
Cons
pushy work environment, limited pay cap, hard on your body
Amazon 101
When i first applied to amazon, I was put into a ''picking position'. meaning i would have to get a company scanner and scan barcodes on totes to find items that will have to go out for shipment. My shift code was from Sunday through Wednesday working a total of 40 hours each week with Thursday, Friday, And Saturday off every week. About a little less than 600 people would show up for each shift and go a long with their scheduled duties and plans. The individuals in manger positions would work on the floor as much as regular employees did, helping out with whatever they needed to help with, which made them seem just like normal people and not just a manager. Although, the culture isn't too up to par with walking 10 hours a day, with carrying heavy boxes with only a step stool and being timed for each bathroom break or a second to catch a quick breath. There are many other conditions that are uncomfortable but that will be a conversation to the person who asked. With working 10 hours a day and being on your feet for 9 hours of it with limited breaks, there was never really a ''hard'' part of the job. It sure is fast-paced but you eventually adapt and adjust to the environment as soon as the shift is over. the most enjoyable part of the job, and i don't mean this in any selfish way, was the isolation. Being a picker meant going through the entire warehouse on your own searching for items, and that brought me some type of inner peace. But a big downside is that you really do not have time to talk. In conclusion i've learned that teamwork works when everyone is in it together, and - more...
Pros
High paying wage, benefits, paid time off, paid vacations, stock options, voluntary time off, voluntary working time, offers college and tuition payment
Cons
physically demanding, long hours, isolation
Tedious and long hours
Compensation is fair, not many chances to advance your career. The people are nice, but the way management treats the employees is unreasonable. Pay is even across the board based on seniority and position, so there is no incentive to go above and beyond.
Amazon is a good place to work, has competitive pay and benefits. Management can be better, but it isn't the worst I've experienced. Love the healthcare provided.
Amazon is NOT a Good Job
Amazon is only good for the money and benefits. Everything is unorganized and poorly ran by inexcusable people.The work environment would not be that bad if everyone worked as a team and properly understood their role.
Cons
Short breaks, poor operations and regular managers
Stressful environment
The culture at Amazon is that of every man for themselves. There is no team and you are graded harshly even on things far out of your control. Very cut throat. The managers will lie to you about indirect jobs and there is a lot of favoritism. There is limited room for advancement and for most people none at all. The job has a high turnover rate and you are considered a seasoned veteran if you can keep your job for 2 years or past their peak.
Pros
Higher pay
Cons
High turnover rate
Workplace culture
Really fast paced and great benefits. Need to make sure you are making rate at all times. Also family life has been interrupted by working so many hours and overtime during peak as well.
Pros
Beneftis
Cons
short breaks, micromanagement, and fast paced
A job with very good benefits
Being a Warehouse Associate at Amazon is a fatiguing and laborious job. Near mechanical in nature, it is not mind stimulating,
but that is what one expects of such a job, right? Very good benefits with low pay. The benefits for most employees are the hook.
Fairly nice place to work
Its a good place to work, just be ready to do hard labor. Other than that, an overall great place to work. Stay away from drama and trouble and just work and youre fine
Productive and fun workplace
typical easy day picking items and sending them off to customers.
Hardest part of the job was trying not to be sick from either other employees or the amount of dudt in the warehouse.
Pros
friendly enivornment and laid back work
Cons
short breaks
I've been working for amazon for 3 years
I've been working at amazon for three years. Each year has been a different experience. Things are constantly changing and I'm always getting to learn new things.
Pros
The benefits, the stock plan, and the career choice programs are all beneficial.
Cons
short breaks
Very Very Very arduous physical work
not allowed to sit in warehouse for 10 to 12 hours shifts. The two 15 minute breaks are in reality only 3 minute breaks for the 10 hour shifts. No on-site subsidized cafeteria. only 30 min lunch break not enough time to eat and rest.
Pros
accepts most everyone
Cons
extreme physical challenges and unrealistic goals for employees
Decent Experience
Should the opportunity ever arise to work at Amazon again, I would.

While I'm not too fond of working overnight shifts, I was glad to make a decent living and with the position I was working at the time, I adapted and thrived. I only had left because of wanting to return to receiving my education and was unable to change my schedule due to the fact that I would be attending classes in person and unfortunately I could switch over from working through the staffing company to being a full-time employee at the time. but I would've wanted to do it again should the opportunity arise
Pros
guaranteed pay
Cons
unable to alter schedule
Chaotic workplace... Good pay but overworked
Chaotic workplace.
Good pay but overworked.

no time for leisure.

It's all about Amazon

Walking becomes painful

Breathing wrong will get you fired

Not very professional
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.
11.7K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Amazon.com.