Amazon.com Employee Review

It was Nice. At one point.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAMarch 9, 2019
I worked at the fulfillment center since November 2018. It was pretty fun working there, especially lifting all the heavy packages that other employees would just leave there. The hours were great because they were four hours a day 5-9 AM, leaving the rest of the day off.

Unfortunately for me, I had a terrible experience. I injured my ankle, so they put me on Leave of Absence to heal (pretty nice right?). I thought so too until there was a huge mixup. I gave my doctor's note to the case manager, stating that I can return to work on 2/11. She sent me an email informing me that my leave was extended to 2/28.

When I returned to work on that day, I couldn't find myself on the list. I figured it was a mistake and continued working. I noticed my attendant point were through the roof at 61 due to the leave. So I talked to the HR there and he said that the date was tentative and I was supposed to return on 2/11. He was chewing me out for not knowing the right date. I was disabled for a few months and it seemed as if he didn't take that into consideration. He fired me on the spot.

He didn't even bother saying sorry. No look of compassion or empathy. That really agitated me that he couldn't just overlook the points. It's not my fault I was injured. All the information I was given was confusing, so they're saying it's my fault.

Takeaway:
The upper management and HR basically don't care about the associates. It helped me realize how disposable we are and that we don't matter. We don't have rights. This was the worst work-related experience I ever had.

WHEN YOU'RE WORKING
  more... HERE!  less
Pros
Hourly wage, hours, other associates
Cons
Short breaks, management, Hr

Other Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Fun sometimes
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 24, 2019
Ok place to work, but management was stichy. The management had their picks and if they didn't like you you felt it. Watching your every move couldn't go to bathroom in peace.
Pros
Good pay, time off if needed
Cons
Short breaks
Lively place.
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 24, 2019
Co-workers were amazing, management was very strict. They were extremely strict with how we use our breaks. Asking to use the bathroom was hard. Always had to keep a rate of over 100 every hour.
Pros
Abundant amount of hours
Cons
Lack of breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

59.6K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

42%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss