Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

United States66,081 reviews

Found 66,081 reviews matching the searchSee all 84,185 reviews

Relaxed Work environment

Amazing company to grow as an IT professional. Started here with no IT background and in less than a year I learnt so much about Networking and Data centers from the countless amazing colleagues who will stop at nothing to teach you as much you want to learn

Fast-paced working environment.

Amazon offers the ability to move up quickly. However, due to the fast-paced nature and repetitive physical demands, most people choose not to pursue a long-term career with Amazon.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Long periods between breaks

Amazon.com insights

Based on 63,628 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

RT shifts

The co-workers are wonderful, it really seems like a team. Everyone gets along great and no reason to bum heads. Management is the issue, there is no improvements on making the job enjoyable for everyone. It can be very depressing when you’re constantly there for twelve hours. There is no music and sitting allowed, even when the working stations are idle. The work is not difficult, it’s rather easy but standing and lifting things for twelve hours can take a toll on your body.

Pros

easy workload

Cons

Standing for 12 hours, lack of encouragement

Nice pay

It's an ok place to work. People show up to work to just get their check. The trainer on the first day seemed miserable like he hated his job. Kinda ruined it for the new hires

Pros

4 breaks

Cons

On feet all day

It’s ok.

Not the best job but also not the worst job. Working nights are hard to adjust to. No real balance between work/home life just sleep and work. Boring but easy.

Productive and fun workplace

Great place with good benefits and a very diverse working atmosphere easy to meet new people and enjoy work while doing we also have to thirty minute breaks one paid for and the other is not

You vs CPUs

Slave but with good pay. Hard to have fun and enjoy. Basically was depressing. Basically have to be a butt kisser. Will fire up you for the CPU saying you're inadequate.

Pros

Women

Cons

You vs CPU

It's definitely a job.

You'll get a great workout that's for sure. I hope you're ready. You need to stretch. And stop by the leg, back, and arm store to get some new ones because the ones you have are going to be falling off the bone.

Horrible management and organized and facility

The pay and the benefits are really good at Amazon everything else is to be desired poor management dirty and unorganized facilitie . Their HR department is useless But it’s still good place to work

Pros

Benefits, pay, perks

Cons

Management, separate lunch breaks, unorganized

Fun and productive

Not much to say about this company.They have flexible shifts as well as being able to use your PTO uto and vacation whenever you may like as well as to use it to leave early.

Pros

Utoo, pto, schedule, vacation

Cons

Short breaks, Boring.

Great benefits, bonuses, good pay, swag handout weekly

They are always giving away shirts and swag on a weekly basis, the benefits are great, always room for advancement, bonuses and pay raises, paid vacations, paid time off, you also get 20 hours per quarter of UPT (unpaid time off).

Pros

Bonuses, above average pay for that position, swag handout, games, health and wellness on-site, and you will definitely get a workout with all the walking.

Cons

It gets boring and lonely because some positions you have to work alone.

Amazon is not a bad company to work for

The company treats you without any respect. You are literally by yourself. Management is so disorgonazited. However, the pay is not bad, if you need quick money. The benefits are great!! You can grow up there, but it is very hard

Good job for quick money

Management would let people go home to save money. So if you stayed and worked you will handling a job that needs more people to finish. And the packages never stopped coming.

Pros

Free lunches once in awhile

Cons

There were so many managers

If you work hard and can handle being on your feet all of the time, the sky is the limit.

Amazon does everything they can to help you succeed in your career. The benefits are excellent, the pay is good, the people are friendly, and the opportunities are endless.For me personally, being on my feet 40 hours a week was difficult. I've had issues with my left foot and toes for the past several years, and it simply became difficult to constantly stand and walk for 10 hour shifts.Everything else about my job was great. I wish I had started with Amazon years earlier.

Pros

Benefits, 4 day work week, opportunities to advance

Cons

tough on the feet

Could be great. Depends on the position and building.

Good pay, great benefits, horrible management. They cherry pick who gets to move up and they don’t seem to care about tenure. If they want to get rid of you, they’ll find a reason to get rid of you. Managers can see when you put in a shift or department transfer and when they do, they’ll prevent you from transferring especially if you’re good at what you do. And if you are really good at what you do, they won’t let you learn anything else because they’re so worried about their numbers.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Everything not listed in pros

Horrible place to work at

They lie about how much the boxes on the aisles weigh and they don’t train you enough before sending you out on your own to do your job. Don’t work here!!!

Pros

3 days off

Cons

Short breaks, safety not enforced, favoritism

Absolutely the best move I’ve ever made.

BEAUTIFUL people. AWESOME environment, and GREAT opportunities! Amazon has it all in the BAG!I am eager to go into work everyday. I like the fact that I am able to perform multiple tasks, and be helpful in most areas. I hope to extend my tenure with Amazon through upcoming promotions, advances, and opportunities. If there is one thing I would suggest, it would be that Amazon offers life/career coaches. This would assist individuals like myself to discuss productive paths to aid in my success here at Amazon.

Pros

Free safety equipment…PPE…and sometimes free snacks

Cons

Hire more people who take pride in their work, Get rid of the consistent bad apples! Those that are just there to soak up the time/pay.

The work is physically demanding. Most people are not friendly.

You get to choose hours and shift. The pay is decent. The work is back breaking. 1-15 minute break for 4 hour shift. Not recommended for older workers

Pros

Pay and shift

Cons

Short breaks, they work you too hard

Fast pace and many opportunities for advancement

Fast pace and many opportunities for advancement for some of the best workers. Pay is nice in comparison to other neighboring warehouses. Dont get too attached to your manager, as you have alot of different ones throughout your tenure

Pros

Pay and advancement opportunities

Cons

High turnover

Just a number

You are stuck with your job forever. You can't really move up, and if you try, it's very difficult. You basically walk or stand all day and naturally, you are always tired at the end of your long shift.

Human robot

Hope you enjoy mindless work without any social interaction for 10 hours. People are zombies here. All about work, with absolutely no fun. Managers treat you as a number rather than a person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Amazon.com with

• Amazon.com
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?