Amazon.com

Amazon.com insights

Based on 37,356 survey responses
What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Relaxed Work environment

Amazing company to grow as an IT professional. Started here with no IT background and in less than a year I learnt so much about Networking and Data centers from the countless amazing colleagues who will stop at nothing to teach you as much you want to learn

Work From Home is the only benefit

Imagine one day you’re doing your regular job and your boss tells you that you’re going to go answer phones and sell doorbells to people. Wait, what?Amazon took our team and sent us over to Ring who the previously purchased with the expectation that we would be back to doing our regular job in no time. One year later and our team has dwindled down to less than 20 people nationwide. On average 2 people are leaving this job ever week.

Pros

Work From Home

Cons

Translating a website

Honestly the people at amazon make work bearable.

Amazon makes you work hard for the money lol. It's a good place to work if you love staying on your feet during your shift. I worked there for 7 months though and I did the same thing everyday.

Pros

You will get to meet amazing co workers.

Cons

Short breaks, Easy to get injuries, they can honestly do better with their benefits.

OKay

Working here was okay I will work with them again as long if there no mandates. Nothing wrong with the job itself just management they do not know what to do at all.

Pros

Weekly pay, good pay and bonuses

Cons

management

Work life balance is a mess..

I've never worked so many days and long hours on mandated weeks. If I wanted to work almost 60 hours a week I would choose it. Then on top of that they split my mandated overtime day into two so I only have one day off.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Decent pay tiring work

Pay was okay but the work was super tiring and you work alone for the most part of the whole shift. Typically good schedules that are stable and stay the same.”

Bad Pay

Long hours, horrible pay. Worked as a customer care agent and hated it. Rude customers, horrible pay, little to no room for advancement. They add to your job duties without any extra pay.

Good place to work.

I really liked Amazon as my first job. I liked my position (picker) and overall the pay and the flexibility schedule was great. I had some trouble clocking in, but overall it was a good job.

Pros

Benefits, Flexible, etc

An okay place to work

Alot of times Amazon has new managers coming in every 8 months to a year and not knowing what they are doing most of the time. Some managers are very friendly and understanding other not so much. Alot of changes come a week or 2 in advance but alot of times people don't get anything about certain changes and finds out last minute. This is a good job if you need extra money but wouldn't recommend unless there's full time available

Pros

Place to grow, pay

Cons

Short breaks, hours

Hard work, do not recommend

Not worth it, long hours standing and the mandatory overtime is absurd, almost inhumane.Benefits seem to be good I didn’t even have a chance to use it, out of work I had time only to try to sleep.I even wonder if mandatory overtime is legal!!

Benefits

Cons

Mandatory overtime

Work Quality

You come in on your shift, You prepare to start your workday, You are on your feet for 10 hours. Haven't had the opportunity to learn different things. I've asked to be crossed trained in different areas. That never happened. It was more of being micro managed by management. Although there was rude people at this particular site, the work culture was ok. The hardest part of the job was you are on your feet constantly. For a that kind of work you will need at least an hour lunch break. I wish there was an enjoyable part of that job.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Short breaks, constant work

Bad

Don’t do it! Worst experience ever. Worst management they don’t care about there employees thaey on care about they selfs and thats what really bothered me the most

It's ok but don't count on the unexpected

Very hard to get schedules as a flex worker. Yeah it's great to work when you want to and not be on a set schedule. But when you want to work it's hard to get the hours. Hours released to 300+ employees on Thursday at 330 and gone in seconds. So much anxiety and stress to get hours isn't my idea of fun.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Not getting hours

Fun flexible

Working here is fun if you don’t mind long days. You are independent and they offer support while on the road. You can pick your own shifts with Amazon flex but it is hard work. You do not pick your territory you find out where you deliver when you show up to pick up packages. If your app fails on the road it does take time out of your day that is fast paced to stop and fix errors or get directions.

Pros

Choosing when you work

Cons

Time you may spend if your app is not functioning

It sucked. Don't do it.

Very labor intensive lonely job. You work in a hot environment pouring sweat and constantly moving. Management is nearly non existant. They water from the fountains made people sick.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Everything else.

Stressful and not worth the time or pay.

Las2 specifically treated employees like trash. No respect between management and tier 1 workers. Very high school. Not good for mental or spiritual health.

Pros

pay was okay

Cons

the rest of it.

Fun workplace

Fast passed. Fun. Bonuses. Just a really great place to work. Hours worked great. Flexible schedule. Great job for people who like to work out. Very innovative.

Pros

Couch in breakroom

Cons

Bathrooms is far

Flexible with hours

Working here gives you a lot of opportunities to accumulate PTO (paid time off). Additionally, you can pick whatever schedule you want. You can use PTO at the last second or even days later.

Pros

Win prizes

Cons

Peak season

Good work space

Good company good evenvironment great benefits good location nice managers sometimes get hectic but the people I work with helps in stressful situations

L4 & L5 Management

I would recommend this job for a quick 1 year position to make some money and get out. Amazon tries to consume your life with this job and a lot of people will do anything the company wants...including abuse your work hours big time. Couple notes below:1. High stress2. Terrible training programs3. Low morale4. Everyone always angry and looking burnt out, no real leadership, and always, always, always micromanaged from above.5. Senior leadership is always mad when you spend time "MANAGING" the associates and not having your nose stuck into your computer looking at the metrics.

Pros

Pay with the sign on bonus, Working with the associates was my favorite part of day

Cons

Work / Life Balance, Senior leadership, Promotion is based how much they like you

good pay, limited opportunities, unclear guidance at times

good pay, limited opportunities, unclear guidance at times, good overall atmosphere and culture, lots of fun activities during peak. training somewhat limited, expect to do a lot of research on your own to succeed

Pros

good pay

Cons

unclear guidance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

22.3K

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight