Ambassador Personnel Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ambassador Personnel was a very pleasent temp agency to work through
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJuly 16, 2018
They placed me very quickly into a job that paid well enough to live off of and kept in contact with me throughout my employment, inquiring about the job and offering assistance with any issues that arose. They were available to me whenever I needed anything from them and I would happily recommend them to anyone looking for a temp to hire situation.
Poor management, mediocre recruiters
Dissapointed (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJuly 9, 2018
HIGH TURNOVER! There seems to be a revolving door at ambassador...they cant seem to keep managers or recruiters. The recruiters at Ambassador are POOR. While they are friendly, they do not do the necessary research needed to give their temp employees ALL information needed to prepare for assignments. This is very frustrating, though this seems to be a common trend among recruiters at most staffing agencies. Maybe they are over worked, which is sad, BUT researching and giving temps ALL information such as: Correct address, making sure that their client (person who interviews the tmep) IS ACTUALLY IN THE OFFICE DURING THE SCHEDULED INTERVIEW TIME, making sure the interviewer/client IS AWARE that a candidate is coming in for an interview, haveing details on parking and if there is a cost involved, correct contact info, etc., IS PART OF THE JOB and what makes a GOOD RECRUITER. They don't seem to grasp these concepts.
Good
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCJuly 6, 2018
They are a very good company to work for they treat ever one wit respect an don't mind helping. Also they will find you a job fast an they have good workers
Productive, overtime
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 11, 2018
Nice personal, great finding you a job ASAPNiWork environments in plants nice and clean. Nice clean work place. Fast paced which makes time go by fast.
Pros
Nice & clean work environments
Cons
Breakrooms too far. By the time you get there and warmfood and sit down. Time to go back to work
Montgomery AL Recruiters Sucks
Survey Caller (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 26, 2018
I had an interview at 1:00 for the Montgomery AL location! The Recruiters was still on lunch break I was outside hot sitting in my car! Other job seekers had interviews too! And we was all outside waiting to get interviewed! Two of them left! The recruiters came pulling up late as ever laughing and giggling about something! It was 1:30 at this point! It was so horrible that the manager from another company saw it and came and ask for my resume and that he will hire me! I got the job! And it sad I still see them come back from lunch break now while potential workers waiting to get interviewed! I don't know who over those recruiters but the need to be sent home! Two girls there were horrible!! They have no customer service period!!
Pros
Bad recruiters
Cons
Bad recruiters
Fast paced
Warehouse Worker/Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 2, 2018
I love working here it was very nice. I worked in a warehouse where I was treated fairly and with respect they kept me work daily the interview process was nice.
excellent work environment and a lot of freedom
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 25, 2018
For over 6 years I have worked for Ambassador Personnel I have enjoyed a very good but challenging work environment, a good pay and a supportive team.
A typical day start around two a.m. and lasts until 3 to 4 pm. and in some cases up to 5 pm.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
working long hours
Don't apply for the bread truck route!
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2018
When you are filling out your company paperwork for the bread route there is paperwork in it for a loan. They are very slick trying to get you from the day you apply to apply for a loan to buy the bread route. They are not up front and honest at all. Don't waste your time. RUN!
Professionalism
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 31, 2018
My employment was temporary. The staff was professional and showed concerned for their employees.
I operated as an office Assistant which entialed filing, answering phones, email and repor submission.
The work culture was fairky laid back.
Assistance with needs were met with concern and quick applications with completion.
The insurance is still a challeneg, where something fell through the cracks. Having challenegs with getting Ambassador to correct the issue.
Other than this incident (on going) Ambassador Staffing is good place to work to maintain self-preservation, at least periodically.
Pros
Starting pay was ok.
Cons
Not enough choices
Don't Waste Your Time
ONSITE STAFFING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAJanuary 30, 2018
They pay coordinators less than 9 per hour. You work 50 hours but no overtime just straight time.High insurance premiums. Hadn't got a raise in 2 years.
Pros
Not physically demanding
Cons
Pay, healthcare, advancement
Good place to work.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Batesville, ARJanuary 15, 2018
Very good place to work. Room for advancement. Benefits package good. Work culture is good. Job/Life balance could use some work. Overall a very good experience.
Not ok to work with them
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 12, 2018
They will move you for job to job like when you bout to get hire on they will move you to another job its a ok tamp job cause you get paid every week in the hours is ok
Steady work
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GA 31799January 7, 2018
Steady work day, just a little pushing to get work done. The management was fair to all. The work place had an assortment of different cultures. Pay was good and job was steady.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Temp work
A wonderful place to work at
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 8, 2017
I loved working for ambassador, If I didn’t have to go off to school, I would’ve enjoyed working for ambassador for the long run. All the people at ambassador are like family so we all get along.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Very well ran work place friendly.
Sewing machine operator (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCOctober 25, 2017
All is good with me. The staff we're very helpful.
They took time out to help me find the right job do me. An asked questions as far as how can I get along with people in a new environment?
Pros
30 minute lunch.
Cons
Good Health Care Plans.
Great staff
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 6, 2017
I enjoy working here. Call in the morning and they will have a placement for you the next day. It’s mostly general labor or warehouse work but it definitely pays.
Great and friendly people
Employee (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 23, 2017
These people are very willing to find you a job and will work with you to find a place to be hired on. The staff is very friendly and always have a smile on their faces.
Temporary Staffing Services
Process Technician- Otto Environmental Systems (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2017
Ambassador Personnel gets great temporary positions but not a lot of temp to permanent positions. There are often times when there are long periods without assignment.
Pros
GREAT pay
Cons
Temporary Assignments
7 Days a week - Work you til you're dead
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAJuly 28, 2017
Route sales for this place will physically kill you. Day's off are non existent due to their refusal to hire merchandisers. On average I had one day off a month. You will work 60-70 hrs a week on average. The money/overtime is the only thing that keeps people going. Your personal life will suffer. There is no work/home life balance.

I enjoy the dsd industry, but this place literally sucks the life out of you. Job security is non existent now that routes are selling. Either you sign your life away and purchase a route, or you wonder if you're going to have a job the next day because somebody purchased your route.

If you like free bread, then have at it, otherwise...be prepared.
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
Everything else.
Testing peanuts
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 26, 2017
well i would say my most experience job was grading peanuts.It was a new experience for me .And very exciting because i never did a test on peanuts. I learn how to mix chemicals .It was not hard at all just something new .It was interesting again because i met so many new faces. that is the truck drivers .I would say the most hardest part about it was trying to remember all the new faces of the truck drivers.I had a partner that i worked side by side with and we got along very well together .The company were always rewarding our great work ethic by giving us a dinner , we would have fish fry on some Fridays . A great out door event for the employees to fellowship together and with the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ambassador Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight