Amboy Bank Employee Reviews

Teller- regular banking environment
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJMay 27, 2018
It was a typical banking environment without the sales goals, which is a plus. Most banks have daily sales goal that can be stressful. While I was working there, the bank was not modern. They still used old registers and computers were only used to check account balances, etc.
Pros
The manager would buy us lunch with surplus petty cash given by the bank
Cons
low pay
demanding put productive
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJMarch 18, 2018
The job itself wasn't bad. A bit tedious but necessary. A lot of the way the work is done seems outdated and the training is not the best. Once you know what is expected of you the work becomes easier to handle. I was able to learn various duties outside of what I was responsible for. With the new Management in place I think things will get much better as far as working for the company.
Lovely company
Marketing and Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJDecember 4, 2017
Such a lovely company--they truly care about their employees and make sure they are taken care of. I enjoyed every day working here, and would definitely recommend this position to people looking for internships.
good work environment. not the most up-to-date
Trust Department Intern (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJSeptember 21, 2017
It's a good place to work, They just do not keep up with the times. i am considered an intern so i don't reap the benefits. it's very slow paced and i am not given much to do.
Great summer picnic and Christmas Party
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJAugust 28, 2017
Great place to use your interpersonal skills. Learn something new every day. Meet a lot of nice people working at other branches. Con: I've seen people put into the worst jobs because of not taking other positions offered to them.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Unfair to employees
Poor Managment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJJuly 24, 2017
My manager did not give me a proper review after three months and it become a problem when it influenced my raise, I was very disappointing and was not treated fairly.
Great Experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJJanuary 15, 2017
Working at Amboy Bank was a wonderful, they taught me a lot of great things that will last a life time. The work environment was friendly, and welcomed me with open arms. They placed a great emphasis on customer satisfaction, and you can really tell that the goal is to make each customer satisfied and happy when leaving the bank. The head-teller at my particular location was amazing, she made sure everything was running at 110% before leaving for the day, and would go out of her way to help other tellers, customers and management.
Good
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 12, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Head teller
Bank Teller / Headteller (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, NJOctober 23, 2013
Putting threw transactions, making customers happy, ho to manage others money. Management was great very east to work for.
Fast pace and customer-oriented environment
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJFebruary 22, 2013
As a Bank Teller, I dealt directly with most customers. I was the first person that a customer sees at the bank. The position requires me to be pleasant and interact with the customers, providing them with information about their accounts and bank services. Some day to day transactions involved check cashing, deposits, withdrawals, ordering products for the customers, balancing my cash drawer and batching/processing proof work. The most enjoyable part of being a Bank Teller is getting to know the customers that come in everyday.
teller
Full-Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJMay 1, 2012
Extreme problems at this bank....employees are nasty and do not know how to treat other employees/underlings.....

management excourages the nasty treatment of employees because they do this also...
Cons
poor employee to employee relations
Productive and professonial workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 7, 2012
During certain parts of the day, it would get extremely busy, but together we helped each other and always got customers in and out in a timely manner. No one waited for someone else to do it; if it needed to be done, it got done, and we all took turns doing certain tasks.
Pros
the branch bought breakfast on saturday's
Cons
part-timers didn't get invited to branch dinners.