Ambulnz

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

good way to spend your time

*good pay, good benefits*everyone was kind and fun to work with*meaningful job*time passed quickly *lots of flexibility with scheduling*strong emphasis on healthy work/life balance

Hard work goes a long way!

7AM start time walking in to great coworkers. Every morning greeted with great smiles. I learn that my coworkers and I are a great team. I have the best GM ever. That is a definite plus. Workplace culture is so diverse which is really great. I love that about Ambulnz Diversity. The hardest part of the job for me doesn't exist because I really love my job so I enjoy working. Getting to see all the EMT's and Medics knowing we are all a team working with one goal in mind and that is to make Ambulnz the number Ambulance service in NY. I also enjoy having RRT orientations knowing this is a great project to be a part of. Making a difference is my most enjoyable part of my job.

Pros

Stress free workplace.

Cons

I don't have any.

Great first position for new RN

Ambulnz is a great place for a new RN to start their career as a Covid-19 vaccination. The company gives some flexibility in location borough and time of shifts.

Pros

fair compensation

Cons

no weekend shifts

fun work place

They care about their employees which is amazing. After seeing the horrors on the news over the pandemic, its an honor to work for a company that is doing a vaccine roll out.

Fantastic work environment and great company to work for

Awesome work environment with great coworkers! Everyone is like a family and management helps you achieve a great work life balance. Employees are compensated well for the work they do, and management reinforces positive energy! It’s a pleasure working for such a great company!

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Fun place to work

It’s fine, just be careful! This is a temp job. Management will stress you to do overtime but it’s really up to you. They can be pretty annoying. Other than that it’s cool!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Temporary

Fun, Easy Going, Yet Productive Workplace

Ambulnz is a great company! The employees and managers were always so kind, this was a very family- feeling work environment! I enjoyed working here so much! I loved my position at Ambulnz! I was new to the work field in general and they made me feel welcome and were always there when I had any questions! I hope to return to the company soon!

Pros

Travel, free time between calls, meet new people

Cons

Some week hours were shorter and some were longer

Ground Floor Company/ Plenty of Room for Advancement

I've been with the company for a year this month. I've been promoted 3 times already. Each promotion was to a brand new position. If you are detail oriented, driven and looking to grow, then this is the place!

Fast-paced and operationally-focused workplace

Some companies speak of teamwork but Ambulnz practices it daily! When a project needs attention, all hands on deck refocus their efforts and prioritize their time to meet the mission. No task is beneath anyone regardless of title. It is a refreshing place to work to see people work hard and support each other.

I feel like a hero

I feel like a hero working here. I’ve saved so many lives, and I know that my impact has made the world a better place. If I was hesitant about whether or not being an EMT was right for me before, after working at Ambulnz I know for sure that it is.

Jobs at Ambulnz

See more jobs

The pay is okay

Management is unprofessional and rude. Please do not ask questions, they hate questions. The hours are extremely long. The coworkers are cool to work with.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Short breaks, rude management

Easy going job

Work/ life balance is great and pay is very good! There's plenty of room for optional OT if you're a workaholic. PTO takes a while to accumulate, unfortunately, but this is definitely a great private company to work for managed by nice people in the Nashville region. Definitely a great place to start or stay with if you enjoy interfacility transports.

Pros

pay, work/ life balance, people

Cons

benefits, redundant work

Awesome experience so far

I’m new to the company but the experience has been great so far. They really care about their employees and their customers, and the environment is great to be a part of. I highly recommend it to anyone considering applying.

Amazing Culture

The culture in not one most are used to seeing and feeling. We are a family here. Everyone helps everyone and we all communicate. It’s a drama free zone. It’s definitely a breath of fresh air when you walk in and is a job you don’t mind getting up and going to everyday.

Pros

New equipment, awesome teammates, great pay, Recognition

Cons

Healthcare benefits need work

Productive and fun place to work

I love working for Ambulnz because it's different (in a positive way) and everyone I've met have made me feel like I belong here. The culture is great and getting better. Ambulnz is definitely the place to be.

Pros

Growth opportunities

Cons

There is room for improvement in the benefits package

Great introduction to the industry

If you’re a newly-licensed EMT, I cannot emphasize enough how great of a company Ambulnz is. There are a lot of opportunities to grow and take on more responsibility and you can move through the ranks pretty quickly here.

Good Company Good People

Ambulnz cares about the employees and the patients. They offer tons of training, have nice managers and coworkers, and tons of scheduling flexibility. Their benefits could use a lot of work but they pay well with bonuses. Overall, a good company to work for with good people who actually care and treat their patients well.

Pros

Good people

Benefits

commercial EMS

Its commercial EMS. Been a paramedic for 17 years and do it because I love the job. I am paid pretty well here. As for motst commercial EMS agencies, its all about your partner and the attitude you bring to work.

Inclusive and low stress place to work

As a new EMT, this place definitely helps you learn the ropes. They are great at training fresh out of school EMT's and the work environment is very inclusive. Part time is very flexible as you can choose your own shifts and the manager is willing to work with you. Trucks and equipment are also fairly new.

Made it through COVID!

Been a rough year with COVID, but we’ve made it through to the other side and still going strong. Being an essential worker during the COVID outbreak was about as rough as it gets. I knew I was putting mine and my family’s health at risk, but we’re too important to simply stay home. I’m grateful for everything Ambulnz did as a company to keep us all safe and make sure we were healthy and getting the help we needed to cope with the additional mental and emotional stress. Glad the worst of it is over and looking forward to the year ahead.

Great opportunity for an HR professional

This company is growing significantly and as an HR professional I get satisfaction from sourcing, molding and retaining our employees. Happy to be working with an awesome hr leader. Learning a lot in this fast paced organization.

Pros

Great leaders, work life balance

Cons

Having to work in the office full time. Should be a hybrid work model.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ambulnz. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ambulnz