Play YouTube video button
Ambulnz

Ambulnz Employee Reviews

United States106 reviews
Featured review
Ambulnz selected this as a representative review
Having the opportunity to participate in an organization that truly cares way past just performing a service is incredibly fulfilling. Ambulnz is revolutionizing the ambulance industry and improving the lives of everyone that surrounds it and I am thrilled to be along for the ride.

The management team is incredible. They are constantly looking for feedback in every direction and work incredibly hard. They are not afraid to roll their sleeves up no matter how granular the issues are. This type of culture is incredibly infectious and it really is a team effort across the board.

It is very much a work in progress given how much the company is looking to disrupt the industry and I would ask anyone looking to join to be excited and open to change.
Pros
Management team and culture
Cons
The workplace culture is both professional and exuberant. There is a mutual respect among employees and everyone is open to new ideas. Overall, I have had a great time working here.
Ambulnz is changing the medical transport, and telemedicine industry. They are doing important work to assist in COVID 19 testing. They are a great place to work and they support their employees
Pros
great people-tremendous growth
The company cares about the safety of their employees. They provide the necessary PPE, testing, and tracing. The company truely values all employees, it is a pleasure working with everyone on a daily basis. One of the most valuable things this company has is that Upper Management is friendly, respecful and involved.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Health plan is a bit too pricy
I began working at Ambulnz earlier this year and I have to say it was a great decision. There has been a good balance between being offered a variety of projects to complete with co-workers while also being apart of a welcoming and down-to-earth office. There have been extremely positive communication between myself and my co-workers. I look forward to continuing this journey.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Coming into Ambulnz was a seamless transition. I was able to jump right in and was able to participate in a variety of projects with co-workers that were very welcoming from the first day.
Pros
Co-workers, Flexible hours
Cons
None!
As a student interested in a career in law, being a legal intern was extremely helpful. I learned more about this specific field than I ever could've dreamed, and this internship allowed for me to balance the information you gain from your classes in college with actual legal issues that arise at a company. My coworkers were kind and seem to really care about my progression throughout my time at the company. Overall, working at Ambulnz has been a splendid experience, and I would have nothing but positives to say if asked for a recommendation on the company.
Pros
Laid back, important tasks, interesting information
Cons
n/a
Seen as the better of the transport companies in NY, to an extent I can see the potential. Unfortunately, many of the EMT's are poorly trained and there is no consistent level of training among the staff, supervision included. This company is plagued by grossly incompetent supervision who make the job twice as hard for those who know what they are doing. When you have a competent partner with good supervision things are great, but that goes without saying. I do not see much change ever occuring as they do not have much to compete against with the other transport companies being the same or worse.
If you are excited to be an Emt and waste your life doing pointless calls at a company that expands to fast mass hires while cutting there employees shift only to fire everyone new they hire this is the place to go. They under appreciate, cut shifts whenever they feel like. Watch your hours and pay to cause you get a lot less of that a lot. Everyone knows your business that was spoken to only HR. Plus the employees that actually are hard workers no matter how long, such as this one crew thank god they both left their talent was wasted at this company, they worked hard barely received recognition for there hard work wanting to stay longer always asking for another call, the hard work that all the crews I knew and dispatch noticed they would get in trouble for small things over another lazy crew that waited in the rig for hrs not responding to calls received no punishment. They fire people based on how long they’ve been there not on performance which says a lot about management and the staff. All in all not a good company to work at. Also a common belief is the company will be shutting down in CA. They even are vacating their HQ and already got rid of rigs and stations before. And downsized on many employees.
Pros
Downtime depending on call volume
Cons
Gossip, under appreciated, management issues
Top quality equipment, paperless, great communication with dispatch, responsive management, supportive environment, truly values each employee! Training was a breeze. Knowledgeable coworkers. Ability to really take the time to care for patients
If you’re burnt out or need to learn how to talk to patients this is the place to go, you wont practice your skills, you get 0-3 calls a shift, theres very little room for growth in the company, no real communication system as everything is done through a phone app so if you don’t have service in an area then you cant really do your job. The pay is better than most other companies and you get an extra $3 after tax per call.Its great if you need to learn how to talk with people or if you’re getting out of this career but you wont become any better at what you went to school for.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Boring, bad communication
I have been working at ambulance for a while now. The station supervisors are pretty good and they listened to concerns. What I like the most is the per call bonus that they have set up. It makes the job more interesting and the day goes faster. I highly recommend ambulance if you're a new EMT or if you're an EMT with experience.
This company has very good leaders. They work with their employees with kindness and respect. They are very considerate and understanding with each one's situation. They also give opportunities to work from home and they will never fail to pay you on time. Although we are still hoping for the medical benefits for the remote employees, management is working to make it possible. This company is highly recommended for job seekers who are looking for a balanced career-family-life.
I moved to New York from Miami to work with the organization after working as a contractor. I love the culture, the innovation, the appreciation, and the organizations vision.I am enjoying the growth they are experiencing and that I am experiencing. There is never a dull moment, and I mean that in a great way. I love my job and look forward to the future.
I would say that I have learned a lot on my job at this company. I really enjoy working here because I now have more time with my family, and my teammates are kind and approachable.
Great company to work at. Management is very supportive and knows how to recognize excellent employees. Teammates are cooperative and willing to help each other.
My journey as a Medical Coder and Biller with Ambulnz has been nothing but constant learning and improvement. The constant collaboration with the team regarding the different issues and scenarios each one of us is encountering helps a lot in improving our skills and knowledge with Medical Coding/Billing. Top management also makes an effort to reach out to everyone to make sure every concern is being heard and noted. With all these, I am grateful.

Culture here is also great! Everyone is friendly and open to help you with any concern you may have.

With full-time remote job and flexible hours of work, you can surely have the best work/life balance you are searching for.
Awesome culture and people, they will always check on you if there is anything you need. I enjoy that my work is always appreciated / noticed.
This company provides work life balance at its best!!
I've only been with Ambulnz for a short while, so far:
• I love that I work on a fully remote set-up and can earn whenever I am without compromising my job. Perfect for a frequent traveler like myself.

• Tasks have been diverse and challenging so it doesn't get boring even if I don't work in a normal office setting.

• Compensation is higher than the traditional office rate here in the country but without the stress of traffic and commute.

• I feel that they are doing their best to treat their employees in the fairest way possible.

I am excited for my future with Ambulnz :)
Great company to work for, been with Ambulnz for 2 years full time now and I'm enjoying my job. Amazing people and team work. Smart driven colleagues.
Happy to be working with a great team. We communicate with each other. Our manager is super too. He is always open to suggestions. Overall, a great company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ambulnz. Our community is ready to answer.