AMC Networks

AMC Networks Employee Reviews

United States98 reviews
TV Network and interdepartmental project collaboration was a good learning experience. I needed to be very independent without relying on others. I had to quickly adapt to perform jobs well outside the scope of what I did whenever the work called for it - which was quite often. Company culture was really pleasant and the offices fully renovated.
Some of the nicest, smartest people I've ever worked with, many of them underpaid. Many people were let go far too quickly, and there was a distinctive lack of investment in one's career growth, and getting a promotion was near impossible.
AMC Networks is a great place to work. They have good benefits. They make job serious but in a relaxing atmosphere. They are very inclusive and do have various activities to make the job fun
As any job, we have deadlines and professionalism. But the team is very friendly and understanding with life and customer engagement. Very much like this job so far.
Amazing flexible company with opportunity for growth and new challenges. Company and people offer amazing benefits, work life balance & great culture.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Despite some management little problem they have a great teamwork, nice office, great people. One of the best working experience I've ever had. I Love to work at AMC Networks.
• General Transmission Controller duties Using ITX and PebbleBeach Marina
• Working on channels broadcast across the world in Multiple audio languages as well as subtitle languages and intervening where necessary to ensure service availability
AMC is filled with wonderful people, who are the best part of the job. Everyone is very committed to the success of their department. The company could use improvement in culture, employee retention and career path cultivation.
Depending on which department you are in, duties change but pace does not. There is always something to do and tasks that need to be done. I had both wonderful managers and not-so-wonderful managers. Good place to work if you are a self-starter but don't expect superiors to have a lot of time to train you.
Productive Environment. Too many layoffs and unfocused 5 year plan. Culture was lost over 5 years ago but seems to be in proving now. Many good people work here.
AMC is an employee focused company. Overall, a comfortable environment for most to work and grow their careers. The company is extra generous in its support of employees Health Benefits and 401(k) matching plans.
This is a great job. Supervisors are always willing to help and teach you anything you needed. I would log in times and report any on air issues to my supervisors and we work together to fix it. Some of the nicest people to work with.
Working at AMCN feels different from some other media companies in the industry. It's more boutique in size and scale, so I found you have more of a voice. My coworkers were immediately welcoming and friendly, I got to learn about so many different kinds of roles, and felt like I was a part of an important group doing important work.

My only qualm is some of the limitations Temp employees have when hired. All company holidays and early dismissals do not go toward temp paychecks, and Temps are not invited to certain training events or many big company events (e.g. holiday parties, annual meetings).
Pros
work environment, location, staff
Cons
temp benefits
Very professional place to work. I enjoy working with this very considerate group of media professionals. They are very helpful and want everyone to succeed.
I love AMC. I loved my boss, co-workers, the culture and every minute I spent there. I would probably have spent the rest of my work life at AMC, happily, if my job wasn't eliminated. You will be hard pressed to find a better place to work. I have so much love and respect for everyone there, and would return in a heartbeat given the opportunity.
Pros
It was all a pro for me
Cons
can't think of any
Bom aprendizado, trabalho em equipa e trabalho bem dinamico.
This was my first time ever interning for a large company, and it was not disappointing. The work area is very clean and professional. The rooms are covered with windows, allowing for easier access to others and an open vibe. The days weren't the most action packed, but I was kept busy writing coverages and watching films. The managers are very friendly, and want their interns to actually learn something during their time there.
Pros
Gained good amount of work experience, prestigious company, caring managers
Cons
Work flow could get slow, office not as welcoming as other places i've been
An excellent place to work. Great management and AVID workflow system. Competitive salary. Experienced producers who run their sessions well. Wonderful support staff.
Pros
Warm, friendly staff. Organized.
Cons
Facilities need an update
the job does not pay enough an does not beliebe in raises they want you to work very hard but will get rid of you in seconds to avoid any pay increase or stability in company .
They ask to drug test you first of all, the pay is good. but days off are limited and the office work environment is SO boring. No fun activities nothing very corporate. you live in your cubicle
Pros
Pay, your own space, no one bothers you
Cons
everything else
I love working at AMC. The people, show content, and work/life balance has made me excited to come to work everyday. My job requires travelling on a monthly basis which allows me to experience new opportunities.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Networks. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.