AMC Networks Employee Reviews

does not pay enough
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
the job does not pay enough an does not beliebe in raises they want you to work very hard but will get rid of you in seconds to avoid any pay increase or stability in company .
Location is great if you take LIRR
Commercial Operations / Ad Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
They ask to drug test you first of all, the pay is good. but days off are limited and the office work environment is SO boring. No fun activities nothing very corporate. you live in your cubicle
Pros
Pay, your own space, no one bothers you
Cons
everything else
Empresa muita boa para construir uma carreira profissional.
Senior Editor/Coordenação de Pós produção. (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2018
Uma das melhores TV de séries e Filmes da TV paga, me possibilitou aprender muito do lado corporativo da indúdtria de TV.
Com uma filosofia moderna de lidar com o profissional, temos uma flexibilidade bem grande, importanto no final a questão do produto entregue no tempo com eficiência.
Pros
Bons benefícios e flexibilidade.
Cons
Está começando no mercado latino americano.
Fun place to work with lots of work perks
Sr Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2018
Typical day a work varies depending on the season, it can be slow paced or you'll be putting out fires all day. There's a lot of room for growth as they tend to hire from within.
Excellent Experience
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10001May 6, 2018
Dynamic work environment and executive management. My Boss retired This is why I am seeking new employment. It was a pleasure to support such a great manager.
Pros
Upbeat and Great culture
Contractor position
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
At AMC this was a open ended contract position. Typical day was handling Service Now Tickets.

I learned how to provision mobile phones with selected vendors (Verizon, T-mobile)

I also acquired more skills in troubleshooting macs

enjoyable part was learning more about macs

challenges hard to get promoted to full time employee
Pros
mac learning
Cons
no incentive to be hired, job was strictly a contract position
Horrible Work Atmosphere
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 25, 2018
In the dictionary of abusive work culture, there is a picture of AMC Networks Santa Monica. I would never advise anyone to work there expecially in the Legal Affairs department. There is screaming, back stabbing and low pay.....need I say more?
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything about about the place
very laid back workplace
Manager, Post-Production (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Unfortunately I wasn't there long enough to give this a full review since I was on the unfortunate end of a layoff after a few months, but the culture was very laid back and collaborative.
Great Company
VP Digital Research (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Loved working at AMC Networks. Part of a very cohesive team, and felt contributions were held in esteem. Felt the opportunity for advancement was limited, and took the opportunity to explore a different pathway. Would recommend the experience working at AMCN.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Tough Work/Life Balance
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
It was wonderful working at AMC networks as an intern. Everybody I met there was willing to help me and made me feel comfortable as a new, temporary employee. I was able to gain a ton of business experience along with collaborating with other interns, and public speaking.
AMC was a great company...but the marketplace has changed.
Vice President, National Advertising Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
AMC was on top of the world with hit shows: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Walking Dead (at its peak). Mad Men and Breaking Bad ended and Walking Dead has experienced ratings decline. Since then, AMC has struggled to remain competitive in the marketplace. They have gone through multiple rounds of layoffs and I believe are a ripe target to be acquired by another media company.
Warm and Artistic Environment
International Programming Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
I loved interning for AMC. I had smart and capable bosses with a huge investment in my learning and future. The whole culture of the company was intellectual and artistic.
Pros
Good Compensation, intelligent management, artistic coworkers
Fine for now, but not forever
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New YorkDecember 27, 2017
Lack of teamwork and advancement leads to an overall negative experience. Not a place I would want to advance my career (if that were even possible here). Free food and swag sometimes are nice, but not enough to justify working here for a long period of time.
Pros
free food and swag sometimes
Cons
lack of teamwork and poor management
Nice
Lead Desktop Support / Executive Support (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 10, 2017
Nice place to work. 35 hours a week can be to little for some people to make ends. Santa Monica is too congested. The water garden is beautiful on site gym,
Pros
Nice office
Cons
35 hour work week.
Needs to clean house
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2017
Too many people doing as little as possible for as much compensation available. No outlet for young and hungry employees to advance or gain any skills
Good Benefits, not so great people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2017
Like most TV jobs, the pay was bad, the hours were long, the management was short tempered. Lots of sexism and the management did nothing when we complained.
Pros
Pay was okay, offered healthcare
Cons
no breaks
Slow paced with low opportunities
MEDIA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  new yorkOctober 24, 2017
There isn't much opportunity to move in AMC networks as they are an archaic network.

I have a great manager who listens, teaches, and leads however there isn't much room for advancement.
Pros
Short work days
Cons
low pay, hard to move up
Productive, Interesting, Educating
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2017
An amazing team to work for and with. The work load is exciting with a consistent routine. Weekly meetings that explores, teaches and compares the real world to the nature of the company. An opportunity I would definitely repeat again.
Casual working enviroment
Coordinator, Programming Department (Freelance) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
It was a casual working environment; however, I do think there was a major disconnect with departments which may have changed years later but at the time it seemed to be pretty separate.
Pros
Great leadership and team
Cons
healthcare and freelance benefits were lacking.
It was ok.
Commercial Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
The wasn't a lot of room for advancement at AMC. Like most things it depends on what department you are in, but where I was there was no room for advancement, people were nice but kept to themselves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Networks. Our community is ready to answer.