AMC Networks Employee Reviews

Best company EVER
Senior Executive Assistant to the President & GM (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2018
I love AMC. I loved my boss, co-workers, the culture and every minute I spent there. I would probably have spent the rest of my work life at AMC, happily, if my job wasn't eliminated. You will be hard pressed to find a better place to work. I have so much love and respect for everyone there, and would return in a heartbeat given the opportunity.
Pros
It was all a pro for me
Cons
can't think of any
Empresa conceituada no ramo da Televisão, ambiente favorável e bom aprendizado profissional.
Coordenador e supervisor de Pos produção. (Former Employee) –  Miami - EUAOctober 2, 2018
Bom aprendizado, trabalho em equipa e trabalho bem dinamico.
Clean and Organized office
Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 1, 2018
This was my first time ever interning for a large company, and it was not disappointing. The work area is very clean and professional. The rooms are covered with windows, allowing for easier access to others and an open vibe. The days weren't the most action packed, but I was kept busy writing coverages and watching films. The managers are very friendly, and want their interns to actually learn something during their time there.
Pros
Gained good amount of work experience, prestigious company, caring managers
Cons
Work flow could get slow, office not as welcoming as other places i've been
Amc
Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
An excellent place to work. Great management and AVID workflow system. Competitive salary. Experienced producers who run their sessions well. Wonderful support staff.
Pros
Warm, friendly staff. Organized.
Cons
Facilities need an update
does not pay enough
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
the job does not pay enough an does not beliebe in raises they want you to work very hard but will get rid of you in seconds to avoid any pay increase or stability in company .
Location is great if you take LIRR
Commercial Operations / Ad Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
They ask to drug test you first of all, the pay is good. but days off are limited and the office work environment is SO boring. No fun activities nothing very corporate. you live in your cubicle
Pros
Pay, your own space, no one bothers you
Cons
everything else
Great Work/Life Balance
Vice President, Talent Relations at WE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
I love working at AMC. The people, show content, and work/life balance has made me excited to come to work everyday. My job requires travelling on a monthly basis which allows me to experience new opportunities.
Empresa muita boa para construir uma carreira profissional.
Senior Editor/Coordenação de Pós produção. (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2018
Uma das melhores TV de séries e Filmes da TV paga, me possibilitou aprender muito do lado corporativo da indúdtria de TV.
Com uma filosofia moderna de lidar com o profissional, temos uma flexibilidade bem grande, importanto no final a questão do produto entregue no tempo com eficiência.
Pros
Bons benefícios e flexibilidade.
Cons
Está começando no mercado latino americano.
Fun place to work with lots of work perks
Sr Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2018
Typical day a work varies depending on the season, it can be slow paced or you'll be putting out fires all day. There's a lot of room for growth as they tend to hire from within.
Excellent Experience
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10001May 6, 2018
Dynamic work environment and executive management. My Boss retired This is why I am seeking new employment. It was a pleasure to support such a great manager.
Pros
Upbeat and Great culture
Cons

Want to know more about AMC Networks?

Ask a question
Contractor position
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
At AMC this was a open ended contract position. Typical day was handling Service Now Tickets.

I learned how to provision mobile phones with selected vendors (Verizon, T-mobile)

I also acquired more skills in troubleshooting macs

enjoyable part was learning more about macs

challenges hard to get promoted to full time employee
Pros
mac learning
Cons
no incentive to be hired, job was strictly a contract position
Horrible Work Atmosphere
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 25, 2018
In the dictionary of abusive work culture, there is a picture of AMC Networks Santa Monica. I would never advise anyone to work there expecially in the Legal Affairs department. There is screaming, back stabbing and low pay.....need I say more?
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything about about the place
very laid back workplace
Manager, Post-Production (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Unfortunately I wasn't there long enough to give this a full review since I was on the unfortunate end of a layoff after a few months, but the culture was very laid back and collaborative.
Great Company
VP Digital Research (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Loved working at AMC Networks. Part of a very cohesive team, and felt contributions were held in esteem. Felt the opportunity for advancement was limited, and took the opportunity to explore a different pathway. Would recommend the experience working at AMCN.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Tough Work/Life Balance
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
It was wonderful working at AMC networks as an intern. Everybody I met there was willing to help me and made me feel comfortable as a new, temporary employee. I was able to gain a ton of business experience along with collaborating with other interns, and public speaking.
AMC was a great company...but the marketplace has changed.
Vice President, National Advertising Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
AMC was on top of the world with hit shows: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Walking Dead (at its peak). Mad Men and Breaking Bad ended and Walking Dead has experienced ratings decline. Since then, AMC has struggled to remain competitive in the marketplace. They have gone through multiple rounds of layoffs and I believe are a ripe target to be acquired by another media company.
Warm and Artistic Environment
International Programming Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
I loved interning for AMC. I had smart and capable bosses with a huge investment in my learning and future. The whole culture of the company was intellectual and artistic.
Pros
Good Compensation, intelligent management, artistic coworkers
Fine for now, but not forever
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New YorkDecember 27, 2017
Lack of teamwork and advancement leads to an overall negative experience. Not a place I would want to advance my career (if that were even possible here). Free food and swag sometimes are nice, but not enough to justify working here for a long period of time.
Pros
free food and swag sometimes
Cons
lack of teamwork and poor management
Nice
Lead Desktop Support / Executive Support (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 10, 2017
Nice place to work. 35 hours a week can be to little for some people to make ends. Santa Monica is too congested. The water garden is beautiful on site gym,
Pros
Nice office
Cons
35 hour work week.
Needs to clean house
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2017
Too many people doing as little as possible for as much compensation available. No outlet for young and hungry employees to advance or gain any skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss