AMC Networks Employee Reviews

Great Company
VP Digital Research (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Loved working at AMC Networks. Part of a very cohesive team, and felt contributions were held in esteem. Felt the opportunity for advancement was limited, and took the opportunity to explore a different pathway. Would recommend the experience working at AMCN.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Tough Work/Life Balance
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
It was wonderful working at AMC networks as an intern. Everybody I met there was willing to help me and made me feel comfortable as a new, temporary employee. I was able to gain a ton of business experience along with collaborating with other interns, and public speaking.
AMC was a great company...but the marketplace has changed.
Vice President, National Advertising Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
AMC was on top of the world with hit shows: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Walking Dead (at its peak). Mad Men and Breaking Bad ended and Walking Dead has experienced ratings decline. Since then, AMC has struggled to remain competitive in the marketplace. They have gone through multiple rounds of layoffs and I believe are a ripe target to be acquired by another media company.
Warm and Artistic Environment
International Programming Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
I loved interning for AMC. I had smart and capable bosses with a huge investment in my learning and future. The whole culture of the company was intellectual and artistic.
Pros
Good Compensation, intelligent management, artistic coworkers
Nice
Lead Desktop Support / Executive Support (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 10, 2017
Nice place to work. 35 hours a week can be to little for some people to make ends. Santa Monica is too congested. The water garden is beautiful on site gym,
Pros
Nice office
Cons
35 hour work week.
Needs to clean house
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2017
Too many people doing as little as possible for as much compensation available. No outlet for young and hungry employees to advance or gain any skills
Good Benefits, not so great people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2017
Like most TV jobs, the pay was bad, the hours were long, the management was short tempered. Lots of sexism and the management did nothing when we complained.
Pros
Pay was okay, offered healthcare
Cons
no breaks
Slow paced with low opportunities
MEDIA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  new yorkOctober 24, 2017
There isn't much opportunity to move in AMC networks as they are an archaic network.

I have a great manager who listens, teaches, and leads however there isn't much room for advancement.
Pros
Short work days
Cons
low pay, hard to move up
It was ok.
Commercial Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
The wasn't a lot of room for advancement at AMC. Like most things it depends on what department you are in, but where I was there was no room for advancement, people were nice but kept to themselves.
Exciting and fast paced
Origination Tech (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYSeptember 5, 2017
The company provides an exciting place to work for those who enjoy a fast paced and quick changing environment. I would recommend AMC as a great place to work.
Productive workload
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2017
Workplace culture is ok, not much incentives, no overtime offered salary is not enough to commute and the cost of living. Needing to find another job or get a second job to help out with the bills.
Cool Company, Cool CEO and great giveaways!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
If you think you're going to see celebrities at this location every day - think again! I can't speak on all of the departments within the company but I will say it's really not a bad company to work for.
I just think the most you should stay at this company is no more than 3 - 5 years.
Pros
Great benefits, Free lunch sometimes, etc.
Nice people if you are comfortable in a corporate environment
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
This is a very strict corporate environment -- no working from home or flexible hours. The people are nice though and the culture is friendly. That is all I have to say for now.
Work experience is personal
Prime-Time On-Air Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 7, 2017
I choose not to discuss my prior employer on this site. I did not leave the company on poor terms and wish the company and its employees the most possible success.
Work and life balance is tough as you are on call 24x7
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMarch 22, 2017
Compensation and benefits are good. Company takes good care of it's employees. Free Pizza and bagels 2 times a month. Busy working environment. You have to be A in your Job responsibilities.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
Busy always
Great company- not great for growth
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2017
Great company. Good benefits, I wish there was more space to move up, but I've had a good experience while here for 3.5 years. I do sometimes wish there was better office morale. It was a great first job out of college.
Very Productive work place manly the people.
Senior Media Management Technician (Former Employee) –  11 Penn PlazaFebruary 14, 2017
Working at AMC NETWORKS was a big learning curve on the production part i have met a lot of good and interesting people with all kinds of skills plus talent that helped me along though out my years.
Being at AMC NETWORKS help me with all kinds of skills with CPU's PC and Mac as well with the equipment that company had provided.
Pros
Having the time to work and pick up technical skills.
Great company to learn and grow within a technical broadcast facility.
On-Air Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Responsible for the daily supervision of approximately 6 national movie networks and 6 regional sports networks and related staff being held accountable for maintaining optimum air quality in a broadcasting & technology facility.
Productive and Technically advanced Enviroment
Broadcast Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Great Place to work. AMC Networks was always evolving technically and as a engineer you got to learn and use the latest hardware and software.
AMC Networks had a friendly atmosphere but could also be hectic at times like with any broadcast network.
Pros
Sometimes free Lunches, friendly atmosphere, high tech
Cons
Sometimes you had to work late but that comes with the industry
Comfortable work environment but stagnant culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
The workplace is open and inviting, which is nice. However, the opportunities for advancement are close to none and there seems to be no emphasis on innovation or thinking outside the box

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2