AMC Theatres

AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

United States4,869 reviews

Found 4,869 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,974 reviews

Fun place to work

Fun place to work but not very challenging and pay is not the best(it is a movie theater). Management is fun and knows how to have a good time. Good company to move up in or start a job.

It's was ok

I only worked there for a little while and it was ok. It is really busy and takes a lot of hard work on the weekends. I would see the employees during the week and it didn't seem too bad but come the weekend, it is non stop!

AMC Theatres insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Very Fast Paced

As a crew member you clean everything including bathrooms, theaters, and concession area. And then sometimes they put you as greeter, cashier for tickets and concession. It’s a lot of work, but you get paid pretty well and you get to watch free movies and get free popcorn and slushees.

productive place to work at

I will say that there was always something to do at amc. The workload was usually busy, but when it wasn't, management made us do something like clean the floors or wipe the counters. It does get to be a fast-paced environment, so there was not a lot of down time. management was ok, pretty strict at times.

Great for first Job

This is a great place to work if its your first job. Outside of that don't expect to discover your passion here. The pay was minimum wage and there is not much opportunity for advancement.

Pros

Free snack

Cons

terrible pay

boring and not the best

it was a good first job and I am grateful for my experience but I have moved on and those managers didn't care about us. the co workers there that I had weren't nice people so that didn't help anything

Great summer job for teens

Working at AMC during my teenage years were the best! However, as I got older the 7.25 wasn’t going to cut it. Raises were pretty much non-existent when I was there. I met a ton of friends and my managers were so laid back, yet professional.

Pros

Free popcorn, free movies, discount on concession

Cons

Low pay

Enjoyable work environment for those who thrive on stress

Throughout multiple years working with AMC, I had a fantastic time learning the ins and outs of the movie theater industry. Well, I had mixed experiences with management, working across several buildings and companies. most theaters had a strong sense of unity with the general goal of providing a fun experience to any customers that walked in the door.

Fun but Basic Workplace

The workplace was decent with good coworkers and some of the managers were great to get along with. At the end of the day though there was basically no promotions, no raises, no full time status, and no benefits beyond free movies. It was a great first job or get back on your feet job but is not all that viable to be a forever job.

Not enough hours

Way overstaffed. They hours are super inconsistent since they're based on how many people are coming it seems movies. Thinking about quitting because for the last couple weeks I was only given one day of work per week and next week I'm getting 0 hours. Not the place to go if you want the same hours every week.

Nice

It was a good job to have. I enjoyed the little get togethers the managers would throw for us. They did great with training and scheduling. It's definitely nice with the free movie tickets.

Fun Workplace

Employees are very welcoming and easy to get along with! It’s a great place to work if it’s your first job.Hardest part of the job is customer service and keeping up with the weekends fast pace. Once you adjust to things, it’s easier to rely on team members for help if things are falling behind.

Good job to start

I worked at amc for 6 months in Tennessee and mostly it was an easy job with good people and customers. It could get difficult when their were customers in bad moods but your staff always helps you.

Understaffed on busy days, not worth rude guests and management was unprofessional

Slow days were the highlight of working at AMC as it gives time for crew members to readily package supplies for the next busy days. Crew members are trained to be proficient in all departments such as Concession, Box Office, and Ushering, and the longer a crew stays with the company, they are trained to do Hot Food Assembler and Guest Services. Dealing with guests is a hit or miss however on busy days and big movie opening weekends, rushes are nonstop and there are never enough people schedules.

Pros

Free movies, fun coworkers

Cons

Short breaks, no other benefits outside of free movies, no offered PTO

Fun work place

Great place to work , great atmosphere , great people to work with , just an overall great experience if you’re young and looking for a 1st time job!!

I mean

You always need to be doing something even if it’s nothing to do on your down time. Management is okay. There’s nothing hard it’s just a lot of stress cause of bigger movies.

Fun

The job is very catchy and fun for new workers. If I would’ve known about amc hiring at 15, this would’ve been my first job. I started off as team then moved up to crew lead after a couple of months.

Stressful and mediocre

You stress about going into work wondering if you'll have a job the next day. Parts of management shows they do not care about the employees and will if they can replace you and others for a whole new crew to pay at a lower rate

Pros

Free Popcorn and drinks

Cons

Pay, hours, management

Amazing people and a very fun environment

Working here really helped me get out of my shell and get more social. Before I took this job, I could barely imagine myself being any kind of cashier and talking to random people but now I can quite effortlessly. I also loved my coworkers and became good friends with every single one of them, the culture of the work environment is great and there were lots of great activities to do together when we weren't working, with the managers often hosting crew screenings for movies and other fun events like BBQs or hide and seek. When it gets busy (which isn't very often at the location I worked at) it can get hard though but after you get through any rush it feels quite rewarding, although after those it feels like it would be nice to be paid a little bit more. Overall it was a great experience and I'd do it all over again and recommend this to any young person looking for a job :)

cool people

co-workers and management were really nice and respectful, can't say the same for the customers though. really good place to work if you're trans, they respect your pronouns and identity which makes it a comfortable workplace. constantly interacting with customers can be mentally exhausting and there aren't any scheduled breaks for lunch or rest unless there's a break in customers, if there's a new marvel movie you won't be getting a second of break time lol

Movies are fun, work isn’t

AMC’s budgeting and use of money is not the best. The overall product which is concessions, not movies, is typically subpar while simultaneously being overly priced. The movies themselves are fine and dandy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare AMC Theatres with

• AMC Theatres
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?