AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Found 2,783 reviews matching the search See all 2,859 reviews
Management played favoritism. Promoting those they liked regardless of qualifications
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 15, 2018
It was nice in the beginning. Then certain managers played favoritism. They were not an equal opportunity employer. They didn't hire many employees from a protected group. Some of the managers were Mexican and mostly hired and promoted Mexicans. The male management flirted with female subordinates.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free movies
Cons
Bad management, favoritism, racism and harassment.
needs friendlier people
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHOctober 14, 2018
lots of coworkers playing pranks and being bossy, i enjoyed it for the most part until one of my coworkers was playing pranks and another one was being bossy even though she had the same position as i did
Pros
50% of concessions and free movies
Cons
no breaks unless 18 or under
Company seems to not care about their stores
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 13, 2018
From the time I worked at AMC, the company itself didn't seem to care about anyone that worked in their stores. Completely disconnected from what went on.
Pros
Managers were amazing people making the job an overall fun place to work
Cons
General Manager made the job stressful
Great Atmosphere
CREW LEADER (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 13, 2018
AMC has a great friendly atmosphere, is good with flexible hours, part time work, but sometimes can be a bit much. Night showtimes on weekends can be overwhelming at times.
ok place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAOctober 13, 2018
I like the people I worked with but to be honest this job is really stressful. and the management even though they are fun people don't really know how to do their jobs.
crew member is fun!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 12, 2018
I got to sell tickets and sell concessions in addition to being a ticket-taker. I also cleaned theaters as an usher. It was good work but not glamorous.
Love this place
Manger (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXOctober 12, 2018
I love what I do and how were treated. The location im at now wants new ways to deal with issues so there bringing in many new managers. Plus they have great benifits
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
No breaks and staff changes alot
Typical day at work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 11, 2018
The pay was bad and problems at worked never seemed to have improved. The breaks were short for the amount of hours worked. The only benefits of working there was the free movies and discounts on food.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Bad pay, Poor management
Would not make this a career choice; a means to an end.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed working there because I got to see some movies without charge. This was a temporary part-time position while I completed school. There were times I felt my supervisor was being unfair and showed favortism to employes who she liked.
Amc
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2018
I love working as a manager, however since having my daughter I would rather not work holidays and I would like something with a set schedule and not such late shifts. More of a 9-5 job.
Pros
benefits, free movies, great pay.
Cons
no set schedule, gotta work holidays, gotta work late hours(almost two in the morning some nights)
Fun, Relaxed
CONCESSION STAND WORKER (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLOctober 11, 2018
At my location it was very slow, mostly seniors, and because of that our location wasn't open as long as most, so getting hours was a struggle. Its a fun place to work with easy opportunities to advance.
Pros
discounts, 401k
Cons
not many hours avaliable
Fun
Server / Busser (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 11, 2018
If you're a crowd pleasure and you love Hollywood this is the place to be! You get more insight into your favorite entertainment and get to grow with a fund and friendly environment. Your co-workers will feel like family and you will love to catch a movie afterwork! Great first job and part time! Free unlimited movies and discounts on f
Productive and fun if have an interest in movies
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, NJOctober 10, 2018
Typical bartending job, weekends were busy and provided decent amount of income. Lunch times were slow but allowed ample time to greet guests and spend time conversing with them.
Terrible place to work
Movie Theater (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 10, 2018
They treat their employees like garbage, especially since most of them are highschoolers or young adults. They dont listen, they fire like crazy and they put you on terrible hours, even when you let them know in advance that you cant. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
discount movies
Cons
everything
Eh
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2018
its just a regular low paying job free movies i could care less the pay is so low i couldn't even get a break treated like dogs tries always get written up for no reason managers gets mad when students cant make it to work but co workers "was" nice
Pros
Discount
Cons
No breaks no raise low pay
Up and Down Position
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJOctober 9, 2018
Good company to work for, but there is no life/work balance. You are at work more than you are away from it. You cannot call out, or you will be diciplined. Management does not train you, and they expect you learn from the SOP on your own.
Pros
Benefits, Free movies
Cons
No breaks, no work life balance
Productive fun place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 9, 2018
This company provided me with more learned skills over 5 years than I could have ever imagined. I met many business professionals that were highly motivated and now long-term friends. I was able to grow personally through every experience I encountered. I loved working at the big theater because it opened up more opportunities to meet the people around the area.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
late hours
meh
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILOctober 9, 2018
I want to forget about working so bad, at first it was pretty fine until some of the team members were pretty rude and some of the mangers were lazy, even the gm at the time who didn't even care about the employees when the company closed down. we were promised that we would have jobs at other locations but it was all a lie.
Great coworker management is difficult
FA Crew (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 7, 2018
Nice relaxed environment but they struggle with scheduling and with attitude in many departments. Overall good place but they need to know better communication and service.
Fun and fast paced work environment
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 6, 2018
Every day was pretty much the same at AMC, there were some exceptions tho when a guest gets a little rowdy or something goes wrong and makes things more exciting. But overall it's a pretty chill place to work for a while.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Not the mest management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss