AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,570 reviews matching the search See all 2,643 reviews
I hated this place
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  El Mirage, AZAugust 16, 2018
It was horribly mismanaged and it felt like none of the managers knew how to do their jobs. some people would be left to do a whole team's job by themselves because the rest of the team was scheduled to leave early and if they stayed they got yelled at. I gave them my bank information for payment use and they just never put it in no matter how many times i gave it to them or asked.
Stressful work environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 16, 2018
The company does not value it's employees. Sometimes the general manager is not experienced. The business makes changes regularly and they are not always good changes.
Fun and exciting place to work at.
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2018
Working at AMC is really easy, not really hard work if you use to working with customers in a heavy volume. The culture of the place is young but also energetic if you get to know you co-workers, other than that like I said before, please easy work.
great job for teens
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10036August 14, 2018
amc was one of my first jobs as a teenager, my coworkers were the best & my managers loved me. it was a temporary job that i miss so much i made great friends that i still call today !
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Many opportunities for advancement.
Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2018
Many opportunities for advancement. I started as a concessionist in high school and worked my way up to manager in 5 years, and gained valuable work experience in that time.
Fun yet low paying
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2018
I would say this is a great first time job for a high school student or even a college student. However if you are living on your own I wouldnt recommend it. An upside to working here us that you get discount on concessions and free tickets to see movies.
Pros
Free movie tickets
Cons
Very low pay and bad management.
Okay Workplace
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 13, 2018
It was nice to see movies for free and it was also nice to receive free popcorn. The customers were pretty good for the most part, some nights it was bad customers because they were drunk.
Fun place to work and you can see free movies as an employee at AMC.
AMC Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, MDAugust 13, 2018
Good environment to work in, but when it gets busy it can be fast paced and somewhat stressful but it is not a hard job. I would recommend this job for anyone looking for a part time job.
Pros
Fun environment and free movies
Cons
Some times it not enough hours to work.
It’s whatever
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2018
It’s an okay job for a teenager to have. If I was older than 20 working there, I’d be miserable. The pay was minimum wage, but that is expected. If you have patience for rude customers and you like cleaning up after people, this is the job for you.
Nice
Usher (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJAugust 11, 2018
It was nice working there love the place. The people were nice as the well friendly place. West Orange is a nice and quiet place so it makes the movies a quiet surrounding as well.
Okay for first job...
Cashier/Sales Associate/Cook (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAAugust 9, 2018
AMC is a job that is great for first time workers. It's slightly slow, and not many hours a week unless you are a shift lead or manager. The pay is decent even after taxes are taken out. Some times it does feel like certain team members have groups and dont like alot of other employees.
Pros
food discount, movie discount
Cons
slow, low hours
great place to work
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 9, 2018
This is a great place to work as a first time job. A film crew job is best for young people who live at home with parents. You get free movies for working there.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Low wage.
amazing place to work!!!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2018
The pay at AMC is less than minimum wage to start however, they offer many opportunities for advancement. Several of my co workers that got hired the same time as me are already supervisors at other locations. It is a very fun work environment because the managers make sure the employees know they are appreciated.
Pros
advancement
Cons
not a set schedule
It’s an okay temporary job
Concessionist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 9, 2018
Definitely is not a job for someone who is depending on it to live. The hourly wage is way too low for how many jobs and hours the staff works. We only get raises if we advance. No benefits.
Get to watch free movies
KITCHEN MANAGER OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2018
A typical day at work was taking temps,preparing for the expected food production. I learned that people like to eat while watching a movie. The management was good, they supported us. The culture was very irresponsible, employees always late, and smoking marijuana during their shifts. The hardest part of the job was being set up for success by co management. The most enjoyable part of the job were the free moves, and seeing celebrities.
Pros
Free Movies, Free Food
Cons
Always had to work weekends and Holidays
productive fun fast paced work enviroment
Film Crew (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILAugust 8, 2018
I love AMC , fun job you never really run out of things to do while working its so much things to do and thats what i love about the job you can actually enjoy what you do
Working at the theater is always great for first job
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 8, 2018
I started out as a crew member, doing concession and ushering. Later got trained to work at the box office and later got the position to work at the guest services. After working there for a year, I got promoted to Lead. The work ethic was fair and well developed. The management was great but since a lot of them were really young from the age of 21 to 27, they had favorites. A lot of the lazier works got promoted quick due to easily convince management and causing some nightmare nights on opening days for big films.
Pros
Free movie
Cons
Lazy workers, age group varies
Very fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILAugust 8, 2018
Amc is a nice place to work but the management is bad. The hardest part about the job was keeping up with guest demands while trying to stay within regulations of the job. The most enjoyable thing about the job was working with such a great crew.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Management is terrible, and the pay is under minimum wage.
Fun workplace, but very quick-paced
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at work involved lots of difficult customers, concerns with movie passes, and a variety of tasks. On the positive side, you could watch movies for free, laugh with the nice guests, and hang out with your work buds during breaks. I learned many valuable skills, such as time management, communication, customer service, and how to deal with the absolute worst people ever. The management was pretty chill and I honestly loved all my managers and crew leaders. Overall it was an unforgettable experience and the good outweighed the bad on most days.
Pros
Free movies, discounted lunches
Cons
Mean guests, Cleaning disgusting bathrooms
Productive and good workplace
Movie Theater Attendant (Former Employee) –  Marlow Heights, MDAugust 7, 2018
I learned how to be responsible and self independent. Staying organized and focused while on the job as well as multitasking, being productive while making sure the customer is satisfied.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Flexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight