AMC Theatres Employee Reviews

Found 2,906 reviews matching the search See all 2,985 reviews
Great job just needs better pay.
Crew (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 15, 2018
A typical day at AMC is really slow, only on 5$ Tuesday, Friday-Sat, or if there's a movie premiere is AMC crowded. Never call customers anything other than GUEST. Management is mostly relaxed as long as you have no guest to help and stay on your job. Nobody has a set position, everybody gets cross trained. The hardest part about the job is probably closing cause certains days you might not get done until 3am.
Note: the guest take the premiere and a-list line SERIOUS.
Pros
Free movies, discounts.
Cons
The low pay.
Good
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARDecember 15, 2018
I like it but want something else and they are good for you to have a fist job at and then we did get a little late by leaving st night but I like being there
Pros
I got to see movie for free
Good
Fun place to work
Crew Member/Cook/Backbar (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2018
It is a great place to work. Especially, if you are a student or need some flexibility with your hours. I learned a lot of things working here, met a lot of great people
AMC is amazing
Crew (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSDecember 13, 2018
AMC is the best work experience I have had so far in my life. I wish my personal life didn't make me leave this job, it was definitely something I enjoyed doing and I definitely recommend it.
Pros
Pretty much everything
Cons
Food costs alot
amazing place
AMC Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLDecember 13, 2018
the pace was fast you had to get in and get out the mangers helped alot and i got alot of hours there. the more you showed them that you can work the more hours they would give you
Only stood for the free movies
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 12, 2018
This is a low-paying job, which deals with a lot of unfriendly guests depending on which area you work in. I won't say which one that I was employed with, but the guests are rude and cheap. The management only appreciates brown-nosers instead of actual hard-workers.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Terrible management team, terrible and rude guests, low pay
good for a first time job
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 12, 2018
the pay is not good at all have to work all holidays and every weekend the pay is not well to live in San Diego ca. it was fun job in my younger years
very stressful, management is not the most intelligent
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 12, 2018
Its a alright place to work if and only if you are under 16 if you work there you will know. management tends to favor women for promotions and easy positions.
Pros
free movies
Cons
short breaks, bad hours, bad managment
It's okay.
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, MDDecember 12, 2018
It's pretty relaxing working at amc, I just wish there were more benefits, all we really get is free movies and free popcorn as if that's enough but oh well.
Busy and Fun place to work at
Food Runner and Busser (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GADecember 11, 2018
As a former employee I would only recommend this job to a teenager mainly. It's a great starting job but do beware of your manger, as for I had bad luck and they didn't do so well for their workers. As a first job the pay was decent enough and I would say go for it!
Pros
You can get free tickets for movies every week, discounts from the menu
Cons
Tried to keep their workers from getting a break, kept workers much longer than suppose to shift wise.
Only good for free movies, not money
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 11, 2018
It’s a tolerable place to work for the experience, though find a better job as soon as you can, like everyone else has. The customers are rude, you get paid nowhere near enough for what you have to do, and the manager’s routinely are patronizing towards you for no discernible reason. If there’s other options, take them first.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Abysmal amounts of hours, Management that gossips about you, customers are all 60 or older, low pay, nothing to do for long periods of time, etc
fun place
Crew (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 9, 2018
it’s the easiest job you can literally get, recommend working at any AMC ! The crew memebers are fun to work with, schedule is manageable & managers push you to move up .
Good Experience
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 8, 2018
I really enjoy working at AMC, they have a good environment with interesting and helpful staff members who put me in a position to succeed from day one.
Amc
Part-time Employee (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 8, 2018
Did not get enough breaks, got minimum wage, cleaning supplies were not always ordered on time by managers, etc. These may have been location-specific problems, and I worked there years ago so maybe they have improved.
Pros
Free Movies
Active Workplace with fun coworkers
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CODecember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Sometimes is a little over demanding (like sweeping up one piece of popcorn on the floor two minutes before a customer comes and leaves a pile) but mainly is fun and what is expected is easy to follow through with
Great first time job!
film crew (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2018
This was my first job and it was AMC amazing! I made amazing friends. Great environment to work in. And of course, the free movies were so amazing to have.
Pros
free movies
Cons
Short breaks
Dont work here if you respect yourself
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tyngsboro, MADecember 7, 2018
My experience with Amc , overall, is mixed. While at times it can feel like a family environment with good freinds, most of the time it is just chaos and frustration. Fankly, Amc Theatres does not pay their leadership team enough. The managers and the supervisors are quite literally the back of the operation in many locations and the pay does not show for it. If you want to promote from within and keep talented workers in your workforce, on the theatre level, it is a good idea to pay them enough to feed their familys. Apart from that, the tight scheduling in most locations calls for working almost all holidays and being at work for longer then 8 hours a day. This job is boring and you will go nowhere quickly from theatre level positions. I advise all of you to DO BETTER, respect your career and get a job elsewhere.
Cons
Holiday hours, Pay, Promtion Opportunity
It's a movie theater
Usher (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXDecember 6, 2018
Nothing really special about this job. Same stuff different day. It wasn't remarkable or anything, but I love working at the movies so it was fun for me.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
no raises
Its okay
Food Handler / Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2018
keep your head down and get your job done . Dont Expect to get but overtime or get any extra pay on holidays as a part timer . The one people who get full benefits are supervisors / managers and GM’s . So basically a very select few
Loved it!
FOOD AND BEVERAGE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSDecember 5, 2018
It was a fun work environment. They care a lot about company culture because it is in the entertainment industry. There was always food and fun and movie-associated activities. The facility is beautiful and well maintained. It is a professional and collaborative environment. I really enjoyed my time as an intern.
Pros
Fun environment, beautiful facility
Cons
Kansas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMC Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AMC Theatres.

Powered by Comparably