Amcor Rigid Plastics Employee Reviews

Wonderful company!!!
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYOctober 4, 2018
Amcor in Nicholasville treats you like family. Amazing pay and benefits. It's a joy going to work. Their training program for operators is amazing. It's not you are shown and thrown to the wolves. It's goes into depth, they want you to succeed at Amcor. You have a question one of the employees that train you is willing to answer. They encourage asking questions, they rather you ask a question to do the job right. Safety unlike other companies is #1. It's not a priority, it's a company core value. It's a culture shock from where I came from. Go from a company that treated me like a no one, to a company that knows success lays with the employees. You are sort of spoiled. You can't ask for more, I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to have employment with Amcor. I can't stress their enough about their Safety over everything. The CEO of the company has a policy of he would rather see you take a few minutes to think before you react. Them minutes will allow you to think straight and get the task at hand done in a safe matter.
A place of good values,safety,integrotiy
Quality Inspector/control (Former Employee) –  Nicholaaville,KY.y USAJanuary 8, 2019
A typical work day would start out with a safety meeting before change over of shift.We discuss the days business,priorities,issues from previous shift and a safety topic.
I have learned so much while working at Amcor. It has opened my eyes to daily safety habits I never paid attention to before.I have learned how to operate equipment,drive a forklift ,do quality control and so much more.
Management are great to work with.They are quick to listen and respect any input you may have.They are also quick to work on or resolve issues that arise.
Amcor is of a mixed culture,all equally treated with the same respect.
I did not find any part of the job hard,it could be extremely busy at times but not hard.
The most enjoyable part of my job was having the training and tools i needed to do a good job,and work with such wonderful people in a wonderful atmosphere.
Pros
There was always room to advance
The Compensation Won't Compensate
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 19, 2018
The pay and benefits are good... the rest is bad. Management in this facility is easily the worst I've ever seen, the HR department in particular. In fairness there are a couple good ones but they're out numbered by far. The administration will straight out lie to employees be it one on one or to the group as a whole. There is a very "me" mentality which leads to finger pointing and blame instead of looking for solutions. I would not recommend working in this facility unless all other avenues are exhausted.
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Poor management, no work/life balance, everything else
Medical diagnosis
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2018
Was a great place to work till I received my medical diagnosis with M.S. had to to take Social Security. Now my M.S. has stabilized I thought I would work full time again, of course with some limitations.
Pros
Great pay and medical benefits.
Cons
12 to 16 hour days.
Nice place to work
Sr Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MIOctober 2, 2018
Amcor is a friendly place to work, they can improve more with management, but overall benefits and safety are great there. Also should give employees more opportunities to transfer and relocate
Worst leadership since i have been employed there!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHApril 7, 2018
Working 12 hour days and mandated overtime daily! Feels like we are basically on call employees, sometimes we are not advised about overtime till day before near end of shift! We were told they had to advise us by 11 am but demonstrates leadership there can change any policy at any given moment as they see fit! This all due to buisiness needs! Prior to Novemeber 2017, 2 to 3 people were being sent home a day, due to lack of buisiness? If there would have been better leadership we could have prevented this from happening! We continue to work with one day off at a time ... We are not robots.... Absolutly no work life balance... Any medical needs or family needs are null and void at this time. We need a break it has never been this unbearable. This leadership team needs replaced quickly...
Pros
Co workers, benefits
Cons
Leadership, communication, no worklife balance
great company
Clean Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCSeptember 5, 2018
great place to work. great benefits and great pay along with good people. Job stability and pleasant atmosphere along with much overtime as needed.very safe and clean throughout daily routines.
safety always came first priority.
Don't Bother
Management (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Amcor is currently a terrible place to work. No honesty, and they are only thinking in the short term. It is a miserable environment that I would not wish on my worst enemy. VERY high turnover.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great Place To Work
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 6, 2018
On a typical day, everything is pretty well laid back. I learned the palletizer position and filled in for the Blow Mold Operator position briefly. Management was fair and not overbearing. They seemed to have a family environment throughout the duration that I worked there. The hardest part of the Palletizer Operator position was being by yourself with no other people to communicate with for a 12 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay, benefits, and laid back atmosphere. I've worked a lot harder to make a whole lot less money in the past. It's safe to say that this is the best place I've worked for.
Pros
Good, Laid Back atmosphere
Cons
Corporate Manipulation
Great pay, inconsistent workload
Financial Planning and Reporting (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 18, 2018
Great salary
Good experience with my direct manager and Director
Opportunity for advancement
Inconsistent workload - work until 9pm or 11pm some weeks, then zero work the next week.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Workload
good job
Blow Mold Operator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INOctober 15, 2018
long hours but pay is good. job is easy and very straight forward. always busy. management works with employees. not enough man power to offer overtime relief.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
long hours and too much overtime
Production
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2018
Up building environment. Safety and quality oriented. Overtime friendly. Level up transitions. Skill improvement opportunities. Great Benefits for entire staff.
Amcor Rigid Plastics Overall is a Great Company to work for!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MIJuly 6, 2018
I am proud to be able to say that I worked for a company such as Amcor. The culture of the workplace is one of sustainability, opportunity, safety, and compensation for the employees.
Not always a friendly enviroment.
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJuly 2, 2018
Very unorganized ,and was expected to do other peoples jobs.Changed management offend with little to no support during the transition.With no salary increase in two years.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
No support
Good company
Plant Accounting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 28, 2018
Good place to work with the exception of upper corporate management and HR department and their "friends". Very unprofessional HR department and I witnessed a lot of shady situations including they always "worked from home". They did not want anyone to succeed unless you were a favorite.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Horrible Human Resource
Don't Intend On Leaving!
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 7, 2018
This is a stressful job, but more rewarding than anything! The people here are amazing and I'd go to bat for them any day of the week! We have a great crew, and a great team. I'm proud to walk through these doors everyday and know that I can do a good job and hold my head high. The management here is tough, but this is a tough business... it isn't for everybody. If you want good pay with a lot of overtime, then this is the place for you. All jobs are hard... that's why they're called jobs. This is a great opportunity to anyone that puts in the effort. You only get out what you put in. I'm happily employed and I'm not going anywhere!
Pros
Pay, People, Management
Good place to work.
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHMay 26, 2018
Amcor has been a very good company to work for. The past two years have been challenging due to management and structural changes within the organizations. Each new level of management wants to better understand the business so is very needy and requires additional time to provide the data they need. It has been exhausting at time.

However, we now have our players in place and we are now ready to move forward and get back to our historical self of Outperforming!

Our future is looking better.
Pros
True safety culture.
Cons
Work/life balance is out of balance.
very people oriented clean and fun work place
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 19, 2019
enjoyed my time with amcor, good managers, we were treated as family. great time while working there, lots of successes and promotions opportunities. Amcor is very supportive of its employees iniciative and the willingnes and eagerness to promote from within as needed.
Pros
family oriented mgrs
Cons
sad i no longer there
Overall a solid company. Requires much effort to be successful when you are a super lean manufacturing facility.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAFebruary 6, 2018
A good company overall. I have nothing against Amcor but do have other values. My job as maintenance manager in this facility was a 24/7 affair and I live an hour away. I am the only child of my mother who now needs constant care. I am great full to Amcor for the opportunity provided to me. Simply I must put family first and find something closer with less demand thru this time.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
On call 24/7
Average Workplace
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILSeptember 19, 2018
This was a unique workplace. Deep seated union culture, with all the positives and negatives which go with that.

I was treated fairly well there, but promises were made which were not kept. They dangle promotion in front of employees, but seldom delivered. There are worse places to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amcor Rigid Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.