Amcor Rigid Plastics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nice place to work and family oriented athmosphere workplace
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILJuly 13, 2018
As a Maintenance personnel managements are working the welfare of the worker ,it is a nice place to learn and opportunity to advance .Supervisor are super nice taking care of everyday needs of workers .Company organized fun and activities like christmas party ,birthday ,holiday lunch .
Toxic work environment with horrid management.
Maintenance Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 13, 2018
I took a position at Amcor’s Wytheville facility as a level 2 top pay maintenance technician. During my interview process I was told everything I wanted to hear. That I would be able to use my strengths in PLC troubleshooting and programming as well as my strong background in electrical troubleshooting. On the 1st day I worked on the floor, I knew immediately I had made a grave mistake. I was assigned to the preventative maintenance team and for the 1st 90 days I was essentially a highly paid grease wiper. Not a job one would place someone with a very specific skill set. After 90 days I was placed on shift with their automation tech to “train”. After a few hours I realized this facility is about 15 years behind the times in terms of automation and nobody had a strong grasp of the basics of troubleshooting control systems. Time passed and it became increasingly obvious that no matter how good I was, my skills would never be utilized as the automation tech is considered an untouchable golden boy by plant management.
I then switched my focus to learning the mechanical side of the equipment. I managed to get moved to a shift with a very experienced, very wise mechanic. During this entire time period I spent most of my free time searching for any other job I could find with comparable pay. I turned down several positions with less money.

During the time spent of shift, I really got to know just how Amcor Wytheville operates. They preach safety and quality to the outside world, but in reality production is the ONLY thing that matters. I have seen safeties bypassed, dangerous
  more... practices pushed on maintenance by management for the sake of getting a machine running, preventative maintenance skipped, running bad product that they knew was bad, and constant hateful and hostile words at maintenance by managers and supervisors and just a horrible overall work environment.
The management at this facility know that they are the highest paying manufacturing employer in the area, so they don’t have to treat their people with respect because nobody can get a comparable job elsewhere.
Rampant favoritism and a blatant disregard for basic human decency is a plague at this facility. If you offer a 2 weeks notice, you’ll be fired immediately for a false reason. If you get injured, you better take it home with your mouth shut.
I wouldn’t tell my worst enemy to go to work there.
Pros
Money
Cons
No work life balance, toxic environment, unsafe.
Mismanaged, micromanaged, cutthroat, lied to 100%
Maintenance Technician Blowmold (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 11, 2018
I worked in maintenance on blowmold and there was not a single person, there that is a tradesman. Most of them were operators turned maintenance, most by just sucking up to management. A lead electrician that doesn’t know an electric dryer is 220v. The other lead that “qualified” me on the lathe and milling machine pointed to the surface grinder when I asked about a grinder to sharpen carbide lathe cutting tools, it wasn’t equipped with the appropriate wheel for that, he flat out didn’t know. The same ignorant mouth breather also brought me a woodworking belt sander to restore the profile on a machine cam. There are a handful of really smart, good techs there but they’re walked on and treated like idiots because they’re not about sucking up and actually do their jobs. The only detail this company did not lie to me about was the address, literally!! I was told about pay progression to get to top scale, they changed their wording on that ofter I quit a good job for that one. They promised 2weeks of vacation which I got but was impossible to get any “approved”. I was also told I would train in the facility for 90 days on all the equipment with the PM crew and then put with a shift tech for the rest of the training but in reality they stuck me mopping and cleaning up after the PM crew. After 90 days they put me on shift, not to train, but to replace another tech and learn as you go, but still with entry level pay progression. There, maintenance is responsible for quality, setting up the machine, change overs, and operator on top of maintenance responsibilities. They are also terribly  more... understaffed and there are only two techs per shift keeping the plant running. Furthermore, during my interview I was told that the reason that they have lost so many members of maintenance is “they weren’t a good fit for the company”. That statement couldn’t be farther from the truth. Apply at your own risk, I’m so grateful and happy to not have to clock in that s____thole anymore.  less
Pros
Really tried but can’t come up with a single one.
Cons
I don’t speak more languages to fully illustrate haw bad they really are
Amcor Rigid Plastics Overall is a Great Company to work for!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MIJuly 6, 2018
I am proud to be able to say that I worked for a company such as Amcor. The culture of the workplace is one of sustainability, opportunity, safety, and compensation for the employees.
not an easy place to work for
Injection Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJuly 3, 2018
This place would be good for a lot of different people. There is a lot of opportunity there. Injection Molding is not an easy job to learn. It will take years to learn and it is a job you have to be patient but I would recommend it that would like to learn a new skill.
Pros
very challenging to a person who would like that.
Cons
stressfull at times.
Not always a friendly enviroment.
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJuly 2, 2018
Very unorganized ,and was expected to do other peoples jobs.Changed management offend with little to no support during the transition.With no salary increase in two years.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
No support
not bad place to work
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 26, 2018
work not bad most managers ok not much chance of moving up to amcor you are just a number not a person they dont mind spending money they just dont want you to have it
Pros
large company
Cons
large company
The Compensation Won't Compensate
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 19, 2018
The pay and benefits are good... the rest is bad. Management in this facility is easily the worst I've ever seen, the HR department in particular. In fairness there are a couple good ones but they're out numbered by far. The administration will straight out lie to employees be it one on one or to the group as a whole. There is a very "me" mentality which leads to finger pointing and blame instead of looking for solutions. I would not recommend working in this facility unless all other avenues are exhausted.
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Poor management, no work/life balance, everything else
Good quality company to work for. I wish i was still woking for them.
Extrusion Blow-Molding Line Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 7, 2018
As an EBM Operator my day would be diagnosing machines and getting them back up and running. I learned a lot about hydraulic pumps, cylinders and valves, and pneumatic cylinders and valves. The management relied on mechanics to get quality products.
stressful work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, OHJune 4, 2018
This place has their pros and cons. I have worked there for a year and a half. The management is a joke. its so hot there in the summer time. they have fans but not a lot you have to wear a hair net and a hat on top of that. the drama in that place is unreal. NO ONE gets treated fairly.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long hot 12 hr shifts with a joke for management!
Fast pace environment
ISB Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Blythewood, SCJune 4, 2018
The job can be very challenging at times and it requires a lot of standing climbing and kneeling throughout 12 hour shift the pay is great management is fair
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long work hours
Good company
Plant Accounting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 28, 2018
Good place to work with the exception of upper corporate management and HR department and their "friends". Very unprofessional HR department and I witnessed a lot of shady situations including they always "worked from home". They did not want anyone to succeed unless you were a favorite.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Horrible Human Resource
terrible
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 27, 2018
it was a horrible place to work and would never work there again the manager was unbareable and you would get written up for any reason the lunch breaks were only 30 mins long and had mandetory overtime almost everyday
Good place to work.
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHMay 26, 2018
Amcor has been a very good company to work for. The past two years have been challenging due to management and structural changes within the organizations. Each new level of management wants to better understand the business so is very needy and requires additional time to provide the data they need. It has been exhausting at time.

However, we now have our players in place and we are now ready to move forward and get back to our historical self of Outperforming!

Our future is looking better.
Pros
True safety culture.
Cons
Work/life balance is out of balance.
Good Work Environment
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJMay 12, 2018
First job in the industry. Took everything in that I could. Good people, good work. Different types of machinery and equipment allowed me to gain a vast knowledge of what is out there.
Workplace culture
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILMay 4, 2018
Good place to work in maintenance with plenty of opportunities for learning and advancement. Had periods of lots of overtime. Company is very safety conscience.
Productive and Teamwork
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 3, 2018
People took time to train you. Lot of teamwork was involved. Management was fair and reasonable. Learned a lot about the equipment and got a lot of good experience throughout the plant. Co-workers were nice to work and talk with.
Pros
Met some nice people and got the experience I needed.
Cons
Long hours.
Good co workers to work with
Process Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILApril 30, 2018
Place was ok to work if it wasn't for managment and plant closing down. Over all place was decent most of the time. The pay was good compared to alot of other places.
Pros
pay
Cons
managment
Worst leadership since i have been employed there!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHApril 7, 2018
Working 12 hour days and mandated overtime daily! Feels like we are basically on call employees, sometimes we are not advised about overtime till day before near end of shift! We were told they had to advise us by 11 am but demonstrates leadership there can change any policy at any given moment as they see fit! This all due to buisiness needs! Prior to Novemeber 2017, 2 to 3 people were being sent home a day, due to lack of buisiness? If there would have been better leadership we could have prevented this from happening! We continue to work with one day off at a time ... We are not robots.... Absolutly no work life balance... Any medical needs or family needs are null and void at this time. We need a break it has never been this unbearable. This leadership team needs replaced quickly...
Pros
Co workers, benefits
Cons
Leadership, communication, no worklife balance
Great Place To Work
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 6, 2018
On a typical day, everything is pretty well laid back. I learned the palletizer position and filled in for the Blow Mold Operator position briefly. Management was fair and not overbearing. They seemed to have a family environment throughout the duration that I worked there. The hardest part of the Palletizer Operator position was being by yourself with no other people to communicate with for a 12 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay, benefits, and laid back atmosphere. I've worked a lot harder to make a whole lot less money in the past. It's safe to say that this is the best place I've worked for.
Pros
Good, Laid Back atmosphere
Cons
Corporate Manipulation