Amcor Rigid Plastics Employee Reviews

Great work place with good management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chester, VANovember 10, 2018
Amcor was one of the best jobs Iv'e ever had. The people in charge took good care of the company. They often looked out for they're employee's to ensure the best outcome possible.
Pros
Flexible, and understanding
Don't Intend On Leaving!
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 7, 2018
This is a stressful job, but more rewarding than anything! The people here are amazing and I'd go to bat for them any day of the week! We have a great crew, and a great team. I'm proud to walk through these doors everyday and know that I can do a good job and hold my head high. The management here is tough, but this is a tough business... it isn't for everybody. If you want good pay with a lot of overtime, then this is the place for you. All jobs are hard... that's why they're called jobs. This is a great opportunity to anyone that puts in the effort. You only get out what you put in. I'm happily employed and I'm not going anywhere!
Pros
Pay, People, Management
Medical diagnosis
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2018
Was a great place to work till I received my medical diagnosis with M.S. had to to take Social Security. Now my M.S. has stabilized I thought I would work full time again, of course with some limitations.
Pros
Great pay and medical benefits.
Cons
12 to 16 hour days.
Productive, learned new skills
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Thomson, GAOctober 17, 2018
A typical day at work is watching machines and ensuring they work properly. Most days work is pretty steady pace. It is difficult becoming an permanent employee.
Pros
Steady work, overtime sometimes
Cons
healthcare, machine break downs
good job
Blow Mold Operator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INOctober 15, 2018
long hours but pay is good. job is easy and very straight forward. always busy. management works with employees. not enough man power to offer overtime relief.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
long hours and too much overtime
Wonderful company!!!
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYOctober 4, 2018
Amcor in Nicholasville treats you like family. Amazing pay and benefits. It's a joy going to work. Their training program for operators is amazing. It's not you are shown and thrown to the wolves. It's goes into depth, they want you to succeed at Amcor. You have a question one of the employees that train you is willing to answer. They encourage asking questions, they rather you ask a question to do the job right. Safety unlike other companies is #1. It's not a priority, it's a company core value. It's a culture shock from where I came from. Go from a company that treated me like a no one, to a company that knows success lays with the employees. You are sort of spoiled. You can't ask for more, I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to have employment with Amcor. I can't stress their enough about their Safety over everything. The CEO of the company has a policy of he would rather see you take a few minutes to think before you react. Them minutes will allow you to think straight and get the task at hand done in a safe matter.
Nice place to work
Sr Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MIOctober 2, 2018
Amcor is a friendly place to work, they can improve more with management, but overall benefits and safety are great there. Also should give employees more opportunities to transfer and relocate
A commodity business
ENGINEER & PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 23, 2018
Amcor produces quality products at the lowest possible cost. The major focus of the company is cost reduction, which is necessary in the highly commoditized packaging market. This business model makes justification for innovation, employee development, and increased pay difficult. Management is focused on driving profit.
productive and nice place to work, but closed and moved to Fairfield.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CASeptember 22, 2018
This is a good company, but they closed and relocate to Fairfiled. area, but Ican not to moved their becaused of my family issue.Good hours to work and have some overtime too.
Idiot management running in ground
LEAD MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Youngsville, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Only appreciate big talkers and sycophants. Do not value those who actually bring home the bacon. Treat talent as labor to be used and abused. Is that clear enough?
Average Workplace
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILSeptember 19, 2018
This was a unique workplace. Deep seated union culture, with all the positives and negatives which go with that.

I was treated fairly well there, but promises were made which were not kept. They dangle promotion in front of employees, but seldom delivered. There are worse places to work.
Good Company
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INSeptember 9, 2018
Long stressful days. No time for a total plant PM program. Management was driven very hard, due to production demands to meet customer requirements, which is not any different than any where else, but do more with less there is a limit.
Don't Bother
Management (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Amcor is currently a terrible place to work. No honesty, and they are only thinking in the short term. It is a miserable environment that I would not wish on my worst enemy. VERY high turnover.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
great company
Clean Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCSeptember 5, 2018
great place to work. great benefits and great pay along with good people. Job stability and pleasant atmosphere along with much overtime as needed.very safe and clean throughout daily routines.
safety always came first priority.
Production
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2018
Up building environment. Safety and quality oriented. Overtime friendly. Level up transitions. Skill improvement opportunities. Great Benefits for entire staff.
Fast pace must be able to stand and work well with others
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 30, 2018
Amcor was a fast pace job you have to pay close attention to machine and bottles of your machine is messed up you must know what to do to fix it if a worker on your floor is backed up you must help out to maintain steady flow of bottles
Pros
Good work hrs two paid 30 mins break and overtime anytime asked
Cons
Hot on your feet 12hrs in one spot
no plan
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 21, 2018
The Site Manager Manager was very young and was more interested in making a name for himself than taking care of the team. Ultimately 1/2 the salaried team left in the first half of 2018 with the rest searching.
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 21, 2018
Good place to work friendly staff .maintenance staff fast response to calls. Management staff excellent. Good place to learn on your own but you really have to put in the effort too.
good place to work
Premake-Tech (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAAugust 5, 2018
I have no complaints. Good hours and liveable pay. Work is pretty typical and steady. We also get one thirty minute break and two fifteen minute breaks.
Productive Place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
It is a fast paced company that runs very lean. Opportunities for overtime and lots of opportunities for training. Some travel may be required depending on position.