Amcor Rigid Plastics Employee Reviews

productive and nice place to work, but closed and moved to Fairfield.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CASeptember 22, 2018
This is a good company, but they closed and relocate to Fairfiled. area, but Ican not to moved their becaused of my family issue.Good hours to work and have some overtime too.
Idiot management running in ground
LEAD MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Youngsville, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Only appreciate big talkers and sycophants. Do not value those who actually bring home the bacon. Treat talent as labor to be used and abused. Is that clear enough?
Average Workplace
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILSeptember 19, 2018
This was a unique workplace. Deep seated union culture, with all the positives and negatives which go with that.

I was treated fairly well there, but promises were made which were not kept. They dangle promotion in front of employees, but seldom delivered. There are worse places to work.
Good Company
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INSeptember 9, 2018
Long stressful days. No time for a total plant PM program. Management was driven very hard, due to production demands to meet customer requirements, which is not any different than any where else, but do more with less there is a limit.
Don't Bother
Management (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Amcor is currently a terrible place to work. No honesty, and they are only thinking in the short term. It is a miserable environment that I would not wish on my worst enemy. VERY high turnover.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
great company
Clean Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCSeptember 5, 2018
great place to work. great benefits and great pay along with good people. Job stability and pleasant atmosphere along with much overtime as needed.very safe and clean throughout daily routines.
safety always came first priority.
Production
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2018
Up building environment. Safety and quality oriented. Overtime friendly. Level up transitions. Skill improvement opportunities. Great Benefits for entire staff.
Fast pace must be able to stand and work well with others
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 30, 2018
Amcor was a fast pace job you have to pay close attention to machine and bottles of your machine is messed up you must know what to do to fix it if a worker on your floor is backed up you must help out to maintain steady flow of bottles
Pros
Good work hrs two paid 30 mins break and overtime anytime asked
Cons
Hot on your feet 12hrs in one spot
no plan
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 21, 2018
The Site Manager Manager was very young and was more interested in making a name for himself than taking care of the team. Ultimately 1/2 the salaried team left in the first half of 2018 with the rest searching.
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 21, 2018
Good place to work friendly staff .maintenance staff fast response to calls. Management staff excellent. Good place to learn on your own but you really have to put in the effort too.
good place to work
Premake-Tech (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAAugust 5, 2018
I have no complaints. Good hours and liveable pay. Work is pretty typical and steady. We also get one thirty minute break and two fifteen minute breaks.
Productive Place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
It is a fast paced company that runs very lean. Opportunities for overtime and lots of opportunities for training. Some travel may be required depending on position.
Decent company
Blow Mold Operator (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 21, 2018
Fast paced, but friendly environment to work in. Extensive troubleshooting skills required to keep the machines active, and recognize quality issuey with the product
Pros
Good pay, benefit
Cons
Lack of full hours
Great pay, inconsistent workload
Financial Planning and Reporting (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 18, 2018
Great salary
Good experience with my direct manager and Director
Opportunity for advancement
Inconsistent workload - work until 9pm or 11pm some weeks, then zero work the next week.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Workload
Nice place to work and family oriented athmosphere workplace
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILJuly 13, 2018
As a Maintenance personnel managements are working the welfare of the worker ,it is a nice place to learn and opportunity to advance .Supervisor are super nice taking care of everyday needs of workers .Company organized fun and activities like christmas party ,birthday ,holiday lunch .
Mismanaged, micromanaged, cutthroat, lied to 100%
Maintenance Technician Blowmold (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 11, 2018
I worked in maintenance on blowmold and there was not a single person, there that is a tradesman. Most of them were operators turned maintenance, most by just sucking up to management. A lead electrician that doesn’t know an electric dryer is 220v. The other lead that “qualified” me on the lathe and milling machine pointed to the surface grinder when I asked about a grinder to sharpen carbide lathe cutting tools, it wasn’t equipped with the appropriate wheel for that, he flat out didn’t know. The same ignorant mouth breather also brought me a woodworking belt sander to restore the profile on a machine cam. There are a handful of really smart, good techs there but they’re walked on and treated like idiots because they’re not about sucking up and actually do their jobs. The only detail this company did not lie to me about was the address, literally!! I was told about pay progression to get to top scale, they changed their wording on that ofter I quit a good job for that one. They promised 2weeks of vacation which I got but was impossible to get any “approved”. I was also told I would train in the facility for 90 days on all the equipment with the PM crew and then put with a shift tech for the rest of the training but in reality they stuck me mopping and cleaning up after the PM crew. After 90 days they put me on shift, not to train, but to replace another tech and learn as you go, but still with entry level pay progression. There, maintenance is responsible for quality, setting up the machine, change overs, and operator on top of maintenance responsibilities. They are also terribly  more... understaffed and there are only two techs per shift keeping the plant running. Furthermore, during my interview I was told that the reason that they have lost so many members of maintenance is “they weren’t a good fit for the company”. That statement couldn’t be farther from the truth. Apply at your own risk, I’m so grateful and happy to not have to clock in that s____thole anymore.  less
Pros
Really tried but can’t come up with a single one.
Cons
I don’t speak more languages to fully illustrate haw bad they really are
Used to be a good place to work, now management is bad
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 8, 2018
Good place to learn, due to a big variety of equipment, but management comunication is really poor. Always pushing, but not enough spare parts. No training program, just relaying on another coworker.
Pros
Good friends and good place to learn
Cons
Management comunication and desitions are bad.
Amcor Rigid Plastics Overall is a Great Company to work for!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MIJuly 6, 2018
I am proud to be able to say that I worked for a company such as Amcor. The culture of the workplace is one of sustainability, opportunity, safety, and compensation for the employees.
not an easy place to work for
Injection Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJuly 3, 2018
This place would be good for a lot of different people. There is a lot of opportunity there. Injection Molding is not an easy job to learn. It will take years to learn and it is a job you have to be patient but I would recommend it that would like to learn a new skill.
Pros
very challenging to a person who would like that.
Cons
stressfull at times.
Not always a friendly enviroment.
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJuly 2, 2018
Very unorganized ,and was expected to do other peoples jobs.Changed management offend with little to no support during the transition.With no salary increase in two years.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
No support