Amcor Rigid Plastics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Workplace culture
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILMay 4, 2018
Good place to work in maintenance with plenty of opportunities for learning and advancement. Had periods of lots of overtime. Company is very safety conscience.
Productive and Teamwork
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 3, 2018
People took time to train you. Lot of teamwork was involved. Management was fair and reasonable. Learned a lot about the equipment and got a lot of good experience throughout the plant. Co-workers were nice to work and talk with.
Pros
Met some nice people and got the experience I needed.
Cons
Long hours.
Good co workers to work with
Process Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILApril 30, 2018
Place was ok to work if it wasn't for managment and plant closing down. Over all place was decent most of the time. The pay was good compared to alot of other places.
Pros
pay
Cons
managment
Worst leadership since i have been employed there!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OHApril 7, 2018
Working 12 hour days and mandated overtime daily! Feels like we are basically on call employees, sometimes we are not advised about overtime till day before near end of shift! We were told they had to advise us by 11 am but demonstrates leadership there can change any policy at any given moment as they see fit! This all due to buisiness needs! Prior to Novemeber 2017, 2 to 3 people were being sent home a day, due to lack of buisiness? If there would have been better leadership we could have prevented this from happening! We continue to work with one day off at a time ... We are not robots.... Absolutly no work life balance... Any medical needs or family needs are null and void at this time. We need a break it has never been this unbearable. This leadership team needs replaced quickly...
Pros
Co workers, benefits
Cons
Leadership, communication, no worklife balance
Great Place To Work
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 6, 2018
On a typical day, everything is pretty well laid back. I learned the palletizer position and filled in for the Blow Mold Operator position briefly. Management was fair and not overbearing. They seemed to have a family environment throughout the duration that I worked there. The hardest part of the Palletizer Operator position was being by yourself with no other people to communicate with for a 12 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay, benefits, and laid back atmosphere. I've worked a lot harder to make a whole lot less money in the past. It's safe to say that this is the best place I've worked for.
Pros
Good, Laid Back atmosphere
Cons
Corporate Manipulation
A decent company to work for
Senior BI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILMarch 31, 2018
Amcor suffered a decline of revenue past three years. The work environment was good and the team members and the users were fun to work with. The work load had been fair.
Pros
Decent work environment
Cons
Financial instability
Very productive and I enjoyed my time there.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCMarch 30, 2018
It was a good challenge and an opportunity to take on something new. If i could go back and work there I would. The staff was great. No one minded lending a helping hand.
Wages are good
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHMarch 28, 2018
At the time I worked there they had management personal who could not be trusted. These people are no longer employed with the company. But with that wages are competitive and job is not awful. Just 12 hours shifts can be hard to have a life.
Pros
wages
Cons
12 hour shifts
Had it been my only option for employment, I could have found a way to tolerate the place.
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 11, 2018
I worked as a forklift operator in the warehouse on a temporary basis through a nationally recognized staffing agency. I was placed on a job alongside a full time company employee doing the exact same duties as the other employee for far less pay. That in itself should tell you something. At my facility,there were no real shift foremans but only "warehouse leads". These were hourly employees with foreman duties but no managerial authority. Lacking authority, I found that many "leads" had difficulty with giving orders to the many belligerent and quite frankly LAZY people there so they'd find the one person that would actually work and lay a ton of duties on them. If you don't like overtime or value your weekends then don't work there. You work towards your 3 day weekend all week only to be told you have to work anyway. The "bottle line" is terribly understaffed and should be a two person job. Loading trucks is good but prepare as the bottom hand to do all the difficult loads that the others don't want to do. Favoritism? You'd better believe there is. Double standards too! I noticed immediately when I hired in how unhappy everyone was there in the warehouse. Were they ungrateful and just belly aching like most people do on every job in America? Probably. But speaking for myself, I saw many, many areas that needed improvement. Perhaps morale would go up if those improvements happened. But I didn't stick around long enough to find out. That's the bad. Now for the good.........
I was a temp. That said, I didn't get paid near enough to deal with the aggravation of Amcor Wytheville.
  more... But if you can secure permanent full time employment with the company as an Amcor employee and not a wee little temp, the pay and benefits make enduring the bad things a little easier. But you'd better have forklift /material handling experience in a fast paced production environment. Preferably experience that involves removing and placing product on and off production lines at a continuous pace. I literally put as much as 11.5 hours on my lift on a 12 hour shift at times. If you can handle that, ignore the lazy people and complaining, accept that you'll be assigned duties that others cry their way out of, and not be a temp, then you might actually thrive and do well at Amcor.  less
Pros
As a temp? No pros at all. Full time? Good pay.
Cons
Well, you already read the cons.
Stressful/cut throat/Gossip
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Franklin indMarch 9, 2018
Cut throat, no support, lack of consistent training, management are back stabbers, team leaders are lazy as f**k, the gossip between grown a*s men is absolutely ridiculous! This company really need to step back and look at the whole picture and wonder why they cant keep help so they use the temp service to get people! Shame shame shame! No life working here
Pros
Cons
It's all bad
Autonomy and freedom to do job
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 6, 2018
Amcor is a good employer. I worked there for ten years and had a good relationship with Management, co-workers and customers. I enjoyed the challenge of my job and the autonomy to do my job.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Vision. Business was uncertain when I left
N/a
Industrial Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 4, 2018
Amcor likes to use temporary work agencies and is great at hiring temporaries that meet and exceed expectations required for the Amcor working culture.
Good company
Forklift Operator-Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 1, 2018
I could see working here forever. After 3 months the company moved to Chino, CAlifornia and I couldn't go with them. Really fast paced and everyone was professional.
Nice Enviroment
Receptionist (temp) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MIFebruary 22, 2018
Working for Amcor was my first job, I had a great overall experience. I liked my co-workers, and my hours. I was only on as a temp, but loved my time there.
Amcor
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAFebruary 19, 2018
I didn't mind working at Amcor I learned a great deal there as a Machine operator. I found the management was replaced to often during my time there. I f they could had one good stable manager there during my time I would still be with Amcor.
competitive wages
Process Technician II Injection Molding (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAFebruary 15, 2018
Competitive pay and excellent benefits. Good 401k as well as life insurance. Work as much overtime as you want. Shift work is 12 hour days or nights. Rotation of work days thru a 4 on.
Pros
pay
Clean, good paying job
MATERIAL COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 10, 2018
Training isn't so good, big focus on safety, very clean place to work, management has changed over 3 times in 5 years and not for the better. Pay is pretty good.
Pros
Good benifits, desecent pay
Cons
Poor management, 24/7 on call
Overall a solid company. Requires much effort to be successful when you are a super lean manufacturing facility.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAFebruary 6, 2018
A good company overall. I have nothing against Amcor but do have other values. My job as maintenance manager in this facility was a 24/7 affair and I live an hour away. I am the only child of my mother who now needs constant care. I am great full to Amcor for the opportunity provided to me. Simply I must put family first and find something closer with less demand thru this time.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
On call 24/7
This was a great place to work
Maintenance Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I learned a lot about how a proper HPO facility should look while working here. This was a great place to work. I had a small gripe about how pay raises were achieved. Its too bad the Lathrop plant shut down.
productive work enviroment that pays well
Injection Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJanuary 22, 2018
amcor is a good choice for those in the factory area of work, slow paced most of the time with fair scheduling and breaks, good management except for 1 or 2 bad apple supervisors