Amcor

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Good co-workers, bad management

Nice people working there but they are pushed even harder than the machines. Benefits and pay are good but the hard work takes a toll on your health. If you like running around for 60+ hours a week and pulling and pushing tons of preforms than this job is for you.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work/life balance

World Class Company With Over The Top Professionalism along with Family Like Culture

I can honestly say that Amcor is a World Class Company that strives at its professionalism and really takes care of their employees across the board. A sense of a family like presence among coworkers that everyone seems to really look out for one and other salaried/union alike. Safety really is a core value that is applied and not just preached about like other companies I have worked for. Amcor keeps up on technology and is climate controlled. It really has been a great experience for me so far. I enjoy working for Amcor.

Pros

Insurance starts on day 1

Cons

Can not think of any

Productive and fun place to work! People are very friendly

I loved working at Amcor! It involved a lot of teamwork! The work wasn’t hard but some days could be challenging if the machines weren’t working right! If the lines were down I would do lots of housekeeping! Friendly atmosphere and the supervisors were really nice and fun to joke with but still take care of business!! I will miss working at Amcor Fremont!

Pros

Good gain shares every quarter: Good insurance and 401k

Cons

Short breaks/ culture was going south

Good place to learn

I started as an operator and worked my way up to injection lead. . The schedule is good we work 12 hours and a 2-2-3 schedule. So either I work Mon, Tues, Fri - Sunday one week and the next just wed and Thur the next week. You learn hydraulic,Pneumatic, electrical. We work on Husky Injection molding machines.

Pros

Schedule

Overall good company

The company offers a competitive compensation and makes you feel like you are welcomed and par of the team. The technology is slightly outdated and process efficiencies are rarely questioned. The company does a good job at letting employees focus on what interests them and being flexible when it comes to work/life balance.

Pros

Work flexibility, team atmosphere, compensation

Cons

Antiquated technology, old facilities

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Good stuff

Had a blast working 2/2/3 12 hour night shift. Money was good schedule was alright. Hard on the family life if you have kids. That’s any nightshift job though.

Cons

Great work environment, lots to learn during a co-op experience.

Typical day involves numerous different tasks; usually a mix of office work as long as internal testing. Management within R&D is excellent and provides a lot of support for teams. Great opportunities to travel within R&D, however this may interfere with work/life balance and lead to working long hours.

Not a long term job

They hired me on to improve efficiency out on one of their production lines, but there are two different sides to their management team. One side wants to improve while the other benefits from it being antiquated because they’ve adapted so much to that system that they can’t survive any other way. Basically, they’re lampreys on a shark. They’re bottom feeders in the fish tank that fatten themselves up on all the waste products they themselves are responsible for. They’re Greema Wormtongue whispering false council to Theodin.So long as they remain, expect to be treated like a serf, and give them only what they pay you for.

Pros

They’re hurting for labor at the lower positions so they won’t punish you very much, They also don’t enforce the increasingly authoritarian COVID policies so that’s nice

Cons

Low pay and very few advancement pathways unless you have an in with upper management.

Decent job

Decent pay, busy and can be frustrating trying to communicate with plant personnel. Can be difficult when you first acquire accounts but it gets easier as you establish internal and external relationships.

Nice

This is a very good starter job , very fun & productive , nice chance at growing , easy to do very nice pay nice schedule . I wouldn’t have it any other way working from this company

Money maker

If you want to work, here is a job for you. They offer PLENTY of overtime and multiple shifts. You can work a couple days a week or all the days of the week. The benefits are good. And you get vacation time and insurance right off the bat.

Pros

Insurance, Vacation

Cons

LONG days, Overtime

To many games

Poor training, very high turnover. TONS of overtime. Leads and supervisors have no experience managing people. It’s even worse if you work nights. Hourly pay is to low for what is asked of you.

Productive, wide spread for advancement

I absolutely love this place. They took a chance on me. I've been here for 3 months and I've already moved up the chain. The pay is outstanding. All of the employees are very kind and considerate. I leave work with a smile.

Pros

2 15 minute breaks

Cons

Cannot smoke on premises

Good pay for babysitting

Workload is easy but working with a bunch of crybabies for 12 hours a day is draining. You get looked down upon if you're not constantly in the supervisor's office complaining about someone else. There are nice people there who are willing to help you, but they are few. Asking questions after being "fully trained" is frowned upon. Management only listens to the crybabies who have been there the longest. BEWARE You ONLY get one week of vacation to start and 2 weeks after first year, but they don't tell you that you have to take it one week at a time. Can't take a single day off to go on a field trip or schedule a doctor's appt or go to a wedding or a funeral. Never heard of that until I worked here.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work environment, vacation scheduling, don't ask questions

Slightly above average pay for most job classifications

Amcor has been a stable place to work. Products come and go, but the plant has remained and added more products. Cost saving initiatives are problematic.

Pros

Decent insurance, slightly above average pay for the area

Cons

doesn't follow employee handbook, makes policies up

Hard place to be promoted at

If you speak up you will fired laid off. They don’t care or have compassion for their employees. They work you into the ground and expect more. They don’t hire new and if they do they won’t keep anyone very long. Management is horrible to their employees and treat everyone like absolute garbage

Horrible management

Ok pay but not worth it. Bad management. Too much overtime and no concern for the employees well being or work to life balance. You do not get the tools you need to succeed at your job.

Pros

A paycheck

Cons

Hot dirty conditions, disrespectful management, too much ot

No mangers or boss tell people what to do and they just let anyone do anything they want

Work here for almost 2 years and plus when i first started as an packer they didn’t have an packer to train me so they had an machine operator train me and then the team leaders or boss doesn’t do a walk around to check on people or if the plant is running smoothly

Pros

Cons

Bad boss and team members would never recommend it to anyone

It’s really went downhill used to be great until Amcor

By far the worst company I’ve worked for. Salary shouldn’t be aloud to be in charge of farm animals let alone people. If you want to be miserable come work Bellevue Amcor.

Pros

Pay

No respect for workers

Always trying to tell you how you are over paid. Never want to give fair compensation when that can't get no one to work here.just going to get worse as it goes.

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Bad management

You stay busy all day.

We could and should be paid more. We work harder not smarter because of the old and broken equipment. I do not feel like theres opportunity for any major growth. Its very clicky at this place. I cant trust management. I cant even teust the immediate HR people here. Its a job and it pays bills. Looking for something better.

Pros

I get a paycheck.

Cons

Extremley hot in factory. Not able to trust managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amcor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Amcor with

• Amcor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?