Amcor

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Slightly above average pay for most job classifications

Amcor has been a stable place to work. Products come and go, but the plant has remained and added more products. Cost saving initiatives are problematic.

Pros

Decent insurance, slightly above average pay for the area

Cons

doesn't follow employee handbook, makes policies up

Good stuff

Had a blast working 2/2/3 12 hour night shift. Money was good schedule was alright. Hard on the family life if you have kids. That’s any nightshift job though.

Good pay, tough hours.

Pay is very competitive but the twelve hour shifts make it very difficult to have a semi normal life. Huge disconnect between the eight hour employees and the twelve hour employees.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours

Fast paced, typical factory work

You learn a lot fast, gotta be quick on your feet to be able to catch machine mess ups and so on. Work schedule is pre set which is nice to plan around. They are very strict about attendance.

Pros

You learn a lot

Amcor has great people.

Everyone at AMCOR is great to work with. Its more a family because you see them so much. I have had a lot of good opportunities at AMCOR. I work with a great team and hope to continue to help people grow.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Managers are having office romance with employees, and those employees are exempt from having to work ot and get special treatment. HRM is clueless.

Horrible Experience

Management doesn't care about the employees. Supervisor positions are given to people "on the buddy " system. Not to the employee that has earned it.

My day at amcor

Clock in have a shift meeting check the dock book eather i load that day or i unload trucks that day . Go out to warehouse do a safety check on my for truck and start my day from 6am to 6 pm

Good wages.

Fast paced and can be stressful. Job duties can change in a moments notice. Overtime is scheduled to cover vacations. Wages are better than average for area company is located in.

Pros

2 emergency vacation days per year

Cons

Overtime can come unexpectedly

Wonderful company!!!

Amcor in Nicholasville treats you like family. Amazing pay and benefits. It's a joy going to work. Their training program for operators is amazing. It's not you are shown and thrown to the wolves. It's goes into depth, they want you to succeed at Amcor. You have a question one of the employees that train you is willing to answer. They encourage asking questions, they rather you ask a question to do the job right. Safety unlike other companies is #1. It's not a priority, it's a company core value. It's a culture shock from where I came from. Go from a company that treated me like a no one, to a company that knows success lays with the employees. You are sort of spoiled. You can't ask for more, I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to have employment with Amcor. I can't stress their enough about their Safety over everything. The CEO of the company has a policy of he would rather see you take a few minutes to think before you react. Them minutes will allow you to think straight and get the task at hand done in a safe matter.

I enjoyed working in plastics

I enjoyed working withe the people at Amcor while i was there was a good place to work it is very fast paced place to work you need to know how to manage your time while working there and be very alert to whats going on around you.

Lots of overtime. Long hours

Lots of overtime required...long hours...great pay...good company....good benefits...good work environment...clean...cool in summer,warm in winter....

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Probably the best job ive had.

I went in through a temp agency and they immediately wanted to hire me on properly. The hours were amazing and with the pay it gave me I had both time and money to do what I both wanted and needed to do. They trained me in anything I needed in a quick and proper fashion without skipping any important details. Literally the only reason I left was I lived out of town and got a job closers to home.

Pros

Balance of family and work, great pay

Cons

I just didnt like standin at a conveyor belt all shift

very productive

could use better management not stable place to work your working fast all the time, and you do a lot of walking you do quality cheeks and a lot off moving around and inputting data into computer.

Pros

sometime

Cons

long walk to break area

productive and fun people were real nice to work with

Was a good place to work stayed busy and hours were good also good pay was only a temp the only problem i had was they took to long in hiring me in...

Pros

breaks were great and so was pahy

Cons

long work hours didnt have time to do much anything else but work and sleep

Production plant

Very busy production facility. Great employees who are dedicated to their jobs and professions. Great benefits and pay. Days/nights very busy shifts. Work 12-hour shifts.

Being Amcor means Safety is number one. Than customer focus, cost control, innovation, talent developement, and social responsibility. Great place to work.

Decent Pay

Overall it was a decent place to work. I like a fast paced enviroment and Amcor is just that. The job can get hard when the days get busy, but at the end of the day you feel accomplished.

amcor

at amcor i had the chance to grow and learn more and more every day the benefits were great and i got the chance to see how everyday things are made using math and science

Good Company

Good working environment. Everyone is on 12 hour shifts There is a lot of overtime. Decent Benefits Customer base is very strong and diversified. Products are everywhere in the market

Great Compensation. Poor life balance.

Amcor is a great place to work as far as compensation and benefits. There is zero work/life balance if you are in management. You are expected and required to be on call 24/7.

Pros

Salary/benefits

Cons

No life/work balance. Always understaffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amcor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Amcor with

Learn about Amcor in Nicholasville, KY

• Amcor
  • Nicholasville, KY
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?