Amcor

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Overall good

It's a good job, although it can get overwhelming at some points. Bills gotta get paid and this jobs pays good. That's the good thing. Benefits are pretty great too.

Good place for hourly but don't recommend advancing into salaried

I would not recommend advancing into a salaried position that can be cut as a "cost take out". Hourly wages are competitive for this area and are protected by a labor union.

Bemis in a nut shell

Bemis as a job is ok the problem comes down to there upper management "off site". the "foot on the ground" management are pretty good guys that care about the employees. but to the upper management you are a number to be used up and tossed out.

Bad management

They said once I complete three months I would get hired, but I have been there for four months and they fired me, basically they said to me your performance is not satisfied.

Fast paced job

Very fast paced job, you work a lot of hours but have rotations. Over time is not mandatory. The management is supportive and most seem to care. Great benefits and pay.

Pros

paid good

Cons

short breaks

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

My opinion of Bemis is reflected in the ratings

My opinion of Bemis is reflected in the ratings already provided. I don't feel the need to explain beyond that. I'm not a disgruntled employee it was simply the way the company was run.

Factory

Printing company for plastic , operator, assistant. Wash ups, had yearly schedules, had a union and 12 hour shifts; busy work . Running presses . And working hard

Pros

3 breaks . 12 hour shifts with overtime when wanted

I enjoyed working at bemis but i was wanting to go back to school full time so i was unable to stay. It was a fun environment with good people to work with. Management was also very good to work with

Pros

4 days a week, voluntary overtime

Cons

schedule is different every 7 weeks

production plant

I enjoyed my job and found it able to advance. I used to run the machinery and fix the machines when they broke down. I would relieve other employees for their breaks.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Operator in converting and print

Poor work environment that was many times hostile. Experienced racism and bigotry by many of my co-workers to include supervision. Many times dealing with hazardous or unsafe work place . Constant intentional deception of job benefits , pay and job promotions by supervision. While there I had a child born with Downs Syndrome. That earned me the nickname "Mongo". Bad language and physical threats were a constant there.

Pros

A paycheck

Cons

Terrible place to work

Terrible place to work

Do not work here unless you are absolutely desperate for a job. I would rather cut small pieces from my genitalia and sell it on the black market than work for this company again.

Not employee friendly company

There is a high overturn in employment at Bemis. There is no room for professional growth or promotion. Bemis cares more about profit and less about employees. The employee base isn't diverse.

Needs inprovement

Sorry to give this company such bad press but when I was there nothing was good about it. Hopefully they have cleaned it up !!

Pros

Union

Cons

Managment on down was bad, Unsafe work enviroment.

Good

Good place to work. Good business culture. Very friendly personnel. The major downfall is the malignancy mobility, it takes an average of eight years to move up to day shift.

Good pay and benefits but long hours and rigid schedule.

Bemis is a good place to work if you enjoy working. There are many opportunities for overtime, and it is actually encouraged and rewarded to take extra shifts, unlike many places where I have worked. The only drawbacks are the long hours and consecutive days. It will feel like all you do is work.

Pros

Benefits, good pay

Cons

Long hours, consecutive 12 hour shifts, unflexible schedule

Productive workplace

Good work environment and fellow co-workers. Fast paced factory with high productivity. Many different job tasks made for a good learning experience. Management was decent.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Non climate controlled factory

A one time great union plant

A typical day was busy and productive. I learned a lot about several different machines. Management was easy to work with more often than not. Most co-workers were great. The hard part was the politics. The pay, hours worked, and just the average day were good parts.

Pros

Holidays, vacations, overtime

Cons

Politics

very uncomfortable place to work.

management was not willing to help train new employees, it is left up to employee to learn all processes and procedures. And if you don't fit in, they will let you go.

Pros

Cons

they will give you no warning and walk you out of plant.

Typically Corporate

If one remembers that this is a corporation and therefore incapable of being anything but that, one can use it as a mechanism for providing for their family. But little else. It's driving force is to produce material, sell it, make money, and continue the cycle. Whereas at one time, they valued the peasantry, erm, employees, they now look upon them as numbers, and little very little else. That is not to say anything particularly bad about them. They are exactly as they project themselves to be. A factory.

Pros

Fairly good compensation and reasonably stable work

Cons

Typical factory setting with employees treated more or less like numbers

Great job ruined by some terrible people

The pay is good. It's typical 12 hour shift work. Lots of different things to work on and learn. Many, many great and knowledgeable people to work with. Unfortunately this place is ruined by a significant amount of people who are just hateful and want to see other people, and the company, fail. Despite the many good individuals working here, from janitors to management; overall the atmosphere is toxic. This job is a soul crusher.

Pros

good pay and benefits

Cons

terrible work environment

Stable Work enviroment

Daily work involved set up of machines operations and quality control as well as packaging. Upper management was a joke, always being replaced never stable in upper management. Crew leaders and supervisors were great, fun to work with and were always willing to help troubleshoot any problems.

Pros

Great pay, yearly schedule handed out every year

Cons

Felt like a prison, once you were there u were locked in couldn't go outside except for a small gated area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amcor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight