AMD
72Above average

AMD Employee Reviews

United States312 reviews
I enjoyed working with my colleagues and creating special that we could be proud to say we made that. The opportunity to learn and grow with them was an experience i would not trade for anything.
Everything is great about work.and things go so well and everything get completed on time. This job is seasonal but still goes great. There is lots of people here. We get alone well.
Pros
Cons
Less money
Great team to work with
Great products to sell

Great technology to develop

Super friendly culture

Supportive management

Good equity value

Benefits can be improved
Had fun at my job learned how to use the walkie talkies and learned 10/4 lol it was a good work experience i had to put on my resume the only hardest job was just remember all the codes lol
I loved working at AMD. It’s a great company filled with great people! It takes allot of organization l, communication and time management skills. Things can change and so can your job very quickly so you have to get to know the internal structure and find a place where you fit.
Work ethic and skills of team members is among the best in the high tech industry. Lots of frustration throughout the organization due to insufficient staffing and resourcing of projects.
AMD prides itself on a diverse culture and it's commitment to the community and making great products responsibly. I am proud to work for a company lead by an amazing woman and dedicated engineers. It is a team environment and everyone's voices are heard. The company values your input and uses employee feedback to continue to grow and improve.
The company is small when compared to its primary competitors ... therefore, I find that there are many opportunities to take on challenging and fun tasks. However, many of the middle management are focused on maintaining their status rather than driving innovation.
Most of the people at AMD are very talented and have desire and willingness to do a great job. The overall culture of management in the company is not "do it right"...it is "do it right now"....

Consequently, problems STAY problems...they don't get FIXED, they get 'patched'...time and time and time again...

Substantially over worked and understaffed...hopefully, it will change someday....but, it has not changed, yet....
Lacks consistent corporate culture - your experience varies widely depending on your manager/org. But there are many great people there and they definitely are good at innovating.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AMD?
Spent 7 years with AMD. a roller-coaster for sure but overall a lot of fun and great experiences.. I would recommend anyone to interview and work here.
You are given great liberty to do your work as you see best. Great teammates within the SLT realm. Very supportive, respectful, and fun environment.
I worked as a market research intern and enjoyed everyday till my last day here. My boss was great, she was friendly and guided me properly during my induction phase. Work and office culture is also great.
Pros
Great place to work at. The work/life balance is such a plus and the opportunity to think out of the box and take of the blinders is an awesome touch.
great place to be around innovative engineering
the people are pleasant and communicative

exciting technology

good leadership

relaxing atmosphere

good benefits
On my first day nobody said a (f ing) word, no body; nothing. This company exemplifies as one that is so big they don't give a rip about treating a new employee with dignity. Pathetic. YouTube "toxic workplace" AMD is everything on the list! Nice. Remember, YOU ARE WHO YOU ASSOCIATE WITH!
Lack of investment in foundational financial systems leading to manual and inconsistent financial reporting processes that are not repeatable or scalable with growth. No interest in original ideas from outside talent, which leads to micromanagement. That tone is set from the top.
AMD is paying employee pretty low, and the stock compensation is very low. When I was in AMD, AMD is not doing very well, so the working experience is not very good to me. But, overall, this company is very good at management and motivating people.
Very nice staff; I wasn't fond of my job on a daily basis. I would have liked more investigation within the job. I didn't think they paid well when I first started. Was told later you either get the "Money" as you come into the company or you don't get it. This was by another employee - may be way off base?
Micromanagers, promote isolation, a dont care attitude for the individual. Had to reverse engineer almost everything to come up to speed, and complete goal..
Can be a bit hectic at first, the fast pace will continue even after the understanding settles in. The campus in Austin has a lot of nice features such as gym and cafeteria.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMD. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight