AMD Employee Reviews

Great Flexibility
Software Engineer for D3D QE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2018
Overall a great company. Coworkers are great, but there are some bad apples that have negative outlooks and make it hard to work with. Make sure the employees you work with are legit and aren't egocentric.
Overall
Contract Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Southborough, MAJune 14, 2018
Liked it there. The team was great; opportunities were there; the management gave me direction and support. What else is there to say. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Support
Cons
Sometimes noisy atmosphere.
Scrappy and fun
Manager, Acting Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX and remoteMay 31, 2018
I enjoyed my many years and many roles at AMD. It's always in a precarious market position relative to Intel and everyone knows that delivering an outstanding competitive product is essential to the company's survival.
nice place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 25, 2018
It is a very busy faced production line but working with good people. Lots of free food management. Good management. Unfortunately, some production dept moved offshore.
Pros
free lunch most times
Flexible Work Culture
Senior Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 25, 2018
Pros:
Flexible Work Culture
Open atmosphere
Knowledgeable Colleagues

Cons:
Lack of accountability
Poor Business Processes
Organizational Churn
Great in 1997, not so great by 2014
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 16, 2018
Great place to work and learn and grow in 1997. By 2014 too many bad executive changes and decisions were bringing the company down and senior leadership were being promoted into positions they should not have been. Toxic management in the end. I am happy to see that the current CEO has really turned things around and I hopeful for the future of AMD!
Great in theory
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2018
You will learn a lot on your own
Great pay and benefits
They say one thing but do another
Refuse to set expectations to show progress and growth
Employees talk horrible about each other behind each other’s backs including management
Plot to get people fired
Lacks transparency and ethics
Work place culture is unwelcoming
An unpleasant place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2018
Promised training was never provided, computer based classes were never set up. Recruiter promised perks that were never made available. Manger never provided support or instruction when needed. When I was injured on the job I was ignored for almost a month before I was contacted by the insurance company (not by AMD).
Pros
Security Personnel were polite and helpful. Three days off per week
Cons
Hostile work environment.
Fun place to work
QA -Technologist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2018
AMD was a very fun place to work. The staff there is very friendly and supportive. Everyone enjoys there job and it reflects on their work. I have learned a great deal about the inner workings of the graphics industry.
Pros
Bagels on Friday
Good engineers, very poor management
MTS (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 5, 2018
The engineers working here are good, smart, and productive. The first level managers are pretty decent. However, the upper management has recently started a very dishonest process of laying people off without a severance package by blatantly misusing the "Performance Improvement Plan" process. I know of three good engineers who were let go due to bogus PIPs. In all three cases, there was no prior indication or warning of poor performance - it came out of the blue, after a good performance review. The PIP goals were not realistic, and even when they were met, management came up with excuses to justify termination. The blatant dishonesty used here tarnishes what used to be a decent company.
Cons
Dishonest management
Nice place to work.
Electrical Engineer contractor (Former Employee) –  Boxborough, MAFebruary 14, 2018
Nice place to work. People were friendly and it was a nice environment. I would work there again. Leading edge technology and tools. Lots of smart engineers.
Great company/rewarding and challenging career
Wafer Fabrication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2018
AMD was to date the best job I ever had. Rewarding, interesting and very fun. We made various types of memory chips for all sorts of applications in a clean room fabrication facility. Technology for our products changed about every 6 months.
Pros
everything: pay, hours, people, benefits etc.
Cons
nothing I can remember.
MBA+ Project
MBA+ Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Enjoyed working with AMD. Nice people, collaborative culture.
Easy to access
management was good and supportive.
time was also good for project.
Equal opportunity
Nice place to work
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 10, 2018
It was so long ago, that I'm sure it's not the same as it was when I worked there, but it was a good place to work, with great people and a lot of fun was had.
Product Development Engineer at AMD
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Working at AMD has been very fun and the teams that I had there were great. As a Product Engineer hours were really good. The hours obviously would go up drastically when a new product arrived, but overall I enjoyed the management and compensation.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good Work Culture
Productive, fast-paced environment
Global Production Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2018
AMD is a very productive, fast-paced environment with highly intelligent, cooperative employees. It is a workplace that provides many opportunities for personal and professional development.
validation lab manager
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 20, 2017
Managed engineering lab, responsible the day to day operation to facilitate 30 validation technicians and one hundred plus engineers. This include a software library, server farms and environmental chambers
Times Are Changing
Sr. Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2017
When I left AMD, the leadership and management was in disarray. Times sure have changed and I could not be more excited about the direction AMD is headed. Their CEO is sharp and focused, leading them into the future with a strong portfolio of products. This is a company on the rise once again that's reinvented itself. Additionally, they have once again become one of the best companies to work for in America.
Free coffee.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 28, 2017
Challenging place to work. Fast paced and rewarding. Always something new to learn. Excellent work was complimented and appropriate bonus was received.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2017
history is marked by a commitment to innovation that's truly useful to our customers — putting the real needs of people ahead of technical one-upmanship
Pros
Great People
Cons
Great Food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMD. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AMD.