AMDEX Corporation Employee Reviews

Bad place from the begninning
Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  FAA - Washington, DCMarch 20, 2018
Horrible bosses, HR people who didn't tell the truth about the horrible bosses, overall miserable work experience.

The boss at FAA was absent and expected us to produce something without any direction. It was a toxic environment and I wish that I had never stepped foot in the AMDEX corporation.
Good company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 20, 2018
Everyone I've worked with on client sites and the headquarters have been great to work with and the executives and managers are supportive. As a small company, there is opportunity to participate in many aspects of the business. The same challenges exist here that exist with every government contractor. I think they do the best they can to work through any challenges that come up and offer competitive benefits and opportunity to the employees.
Pros
Great people
Amdex Corporation is not a good place of employment for project schedulers.
Project Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 24, 2017
Supporting the Census Bureau as an Amdex contractor was not a good experience. The branch customers do not use best practice guidelines. Schedule building is very confusing as schedules are migrated from Primavera into a Microsoft Project Server environment. Time sheets are applied and the mistakes and decisions made are very hard to process through. The right answers are never given and problems are not adequately resolved. Confusion is a way of working in that environment. Management on both sides are poor and distant from one another. The turn over rate for schedulers is high. The hardest part of the job is feeling any self worth at the end of the day. There was very little value added. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting some good people.
Pros
Great place to take walk breaks
Cons
Very expensive food
Sad place to try to earn a living
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 8, 2017
Passive aggressive micromanaging is the name of the game. Lies and deception are standard. Incredibly high turnover: 9 in 6 months. Offered one salary in letter then told it was an error AFTER I accepted the job and turned down another offer.
Pros
Paycheck. Easy commute.
Cons
Work environment. Salary. Morale.
No upward mobility...
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 20, 2016
Micromanaging executives. Not a place for someone looking for upward mobility. As for the workload, the mission statement says it all (if it hasn't changed)... Something about the reward for work well done is more work. High turnover, be ware.
Pros
Ok benefits
Cons
No upward mobility, minimal raises
Terrible Company
technical (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2016
I worked here as a contractor for a government client. I don't know how Amdex won this contract. Totally incompetent management. Duties: Unspecified. I did duties that were unrelated to my title. Pay: Lower than typical. Management: the VP came into a meeting and said this" "if your work can't be measured, then it's not work." Turnover was very high. I was the fourth employee in this job in a year. In hindsight, I should have departed when I found this out. They micromanage on steroids. I had at least four or five different methods to report the work I did every hour of the day. The worst part: salary negotiation with the COO. She actually delivered a contract to me with a lower rate than we negotiated. I heard from other colleagues that she did the same to them.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Productive and fun workplace.
Program Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Fort Detrick, MDMarch 6, 2015
AMDEX Corporation provides an ideal corporate culture where knowledge and experience set the stage for future advancement. The company offers a wide range of company contracts from Customs to DoD Scientist positions. There is great pay compensation and employee benefits offered with 401K package. The moral of employees is uplifted with company picnics and holiday parties. This is truly a great place to work.
Pros
Compensation for travel and annual increases based on performance.
Cons
No career track for long-term employees at end of contract.
Supportive Mangement Team
Continuing Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 20, 2014
Amdex is a small contracting company but it supports its employees and they have great benefits.
Diverse company to work for
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 21, 2014
Limited upward mobility and growth potential. Company is very small, but you are able to learn many different functions and aspects of other departments within the company.
Pros
diverse work environment
Cons
limited upward mobility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMDEX Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6