Amdocs Employee Reviews

Work and Projects are fun to do. But people management is not satisfactory.
Software Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 9, 2018
Work is interesting and there is a lot of scope to learn. But because of the production support position, need to work extended hours there is no work life balance. Managers help for the work related issues, but not with the growth or salary reviews. At the end of the day, not much satisfaction with the salary growth.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
too high work hours with less payment
celebrations for many of the occasions and team trips
Sr. Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at Amdocs.
I learned a lot!
I grow to be an expert tester. I attended a lot of trainings on different applications and testing tools include some automation tools like QTP and Win runner. Planed /executed and tracked bugs on different types of applications including web and client server
Conducted several types of testing techniques, attended a lot of conference calls with the customers and attended meetings with developers and testing teams. Traveled to the customer site for test help. The work load with heavy, but the compensations and benefits were ok.
. diversity environment
Wonderful company when I was there
Developer - Acting Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2018
I left Amdocs in 2005 so not sure how it is now, but I can do this review based on what I remember.

This was a great company to work for. You had to work some overtime most of the time, but you felt like you were doing something that helped the customers, and like you were part of a big family that cared about doing a good job.

The coworkers were great and here I include the managers. Management at Amdocs, even at the highest level, always felt like it was just another member of the team. They had an open door policy and you could just go to any office and talk to one of the managers, no matter who it was. Everybody from the last to the ones on top was part of the same team.

They didn't allow for remote work when I was there but the company was flexible enough that you could schedule your day around your life, as long as you got your job done. They also had great benefits.

Another thing I liked about Amdocs is that I used to think that people that became managers actually deserved to be managers and they always made sense. Sometimes there is a disconnect between how things really are and what management thinks they are. I didn't see that at Amdocs.

Would definitely recommend this company.
Not recommended
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 21, 2018
If you are in North America, stay away from this company.

1. Their business model involves letting people go to show their investors that they are earning money. They have been doing it at least twice a year, for every year I've been with this company. They just did so today, even when my manager told the team there is none in the works just a couple of weeks ago.

2. They are not interested in your career advancements. They will advertise company initiated 'learning' opportunities, but apparently that is only for their offshore people. You can study on your own, but most likely you will not find any opportunities since they are not developing their business.

3. Morale is really low in this company. You cannot help but feel bad for those who were let go, but those of us who survived the lay-offs are made to bear the brunt of the departures, and our workload will just double.

If there is anything positive to say, it is knowing we are at the point where there's practically no one left to let go. So it feels good knowing I will leave this company soon myself.
Pros
Average benefits
Cons
Frequent lay-offs due to mismanagement, no career advancement
Great product company to work with
Application Architect/Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Richardson,TexasAugust 11, 2018
Great company to work with in the telecom domain. Leaders in the telecom solutions like Ordering management system, CRM. Being a product based company gives you access to the latest in the field of technology. One of the best employ friendly companies present out there. Good compensation benefits
Pros
Being a product based company get to work with the latest technologies available in the market
Cons
Long hours and weekend works due to client pressure
I work remotely supporting the AT&T Account
Senior Software Support Engineer - AT&T Account (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, NJAugust 22, 2018
I enjoy my work at AMDOCS but like all contracting jobs they don't last forever. I find it hard to advance in this world-wide company and need to look else where to continue and advance in the field I have enjoyed for the past 25 years.
Pros
Work flexibility. Respected by peers.
Cons
No Job advancement or pay raises.
Used to be a good place to work...
Analyst (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 23, 2018
Unfortunately things have changed.

Outsourcing to India and an attempt to rapidly expand via acquisitions and mergers has led to a complete stall of salary raises and bonuses, while work load, responsibilities and additional tasks are creeping ever wider.

The company used to, so it seemed, run with an 80/20 rule, i.e., it's acceptable if 80% works and 20% doesn't. Not great, but tolerable as long we're profitable.

However, now, we're more like 70/30 or even 65/35. If you're work ethic doesn't align with this philosophy, it can difficult to tolerate, especially when coupled with a work force reduction here in the states.
Nice Working Place
L2 Application Support - Software Developer (Current Employee) –  OrtigasSeptember 27, 2018
Nice working place, good for career growth employees are friendly, environment is clean and good benefits. Manager and supervisor are very kind to employees
used to be good company
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 17, 2018
no work life balance; great people; very good benefits; upper management does not care about people and does not "walk the talk" anymore. used to be much better company
Pros
Good benifits, great people
Cons
no work life balance;most of upper management does not care about people
Great place to work.
Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 20, 2018
Amdocs is a great place to work. One is surrounded by incredibly intelligent people. The environment is collaborative and team oriented rather than competitive. Amdocs products are the best in the industry so a certain degree of pride and success naturally follow. One is expected to work hard and put in well above a forty-hour week, but the amount is not excessive nor does it typically cause a problem with work-life balance.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers, Collaborative team environment
Cons
Job Security
Not a secure place for US based employees
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2018
I transitioned to this company as part of an outsourcing arrangement; this was not a voluntary hire. There is no job security for the US based workers. This is a company that is trying to move as much work as possible to India, Israel and Mexico, so they do not value the American employees. Layoffs are continuous, and they do not have offshore people with the skills needed to perform the work, This seems to be a company that hires recent trade school 'graduates' who have no practical experience.and poor language skills. The onshore managers have absolutely unrealistic expectations of the onshore team; they are expected to assume other jobs from layoffs with very little training. The threat of being laid off if you don't work more hours is continuous.

Cost is the only thing that matters here - there is no concern for Quality or the job satisfaction of the staff or having personnel trained with the skills needed.. 'Just be happy you have this job' is often recited. The work/personal life balance is non-existent. You are expected to be on-call ALL the time even while on vacation or dealing with medical issues. Management has no clue what their staff is doing, and is extremely demanding and not tolerant of issues beyond the staff's control.

Compensation is very unfair - most people do not receive annual raises or bonuses. The method of determining those is very secretive and speaks of favoritism. Ten years after I left AT&T, my compensation was the same.

The offshore people seem to think it is a good place to work - they are provided meals and transportation,
  more... and do not have the demands to work off hours or excessive hours. (placing a further burden on the onshore teams).  less
Pros
Excellent medical benefits, flexible work hours, virtual office
Cons
unrealistic demands, no personal life
Na
Software Quality Assurance Director (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 22, 2018
Good company, great leadership, good benefits and insurance package. This company deliver to its customers. Challenging work-life situation with many extended hours.
Collaborative working environment.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 13, 2018
It is not steady paced due to bad planning and lack of exact boundaries for responsibilities. The training materials most of the time just scratch the surface and does not provide enough foundation for future development. My manager is great but I see many people are struggling working under their managers.
The hardest part of the job to catch up with the deadlines due to bad planning.
Cannot find anything enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Working in fast paced stressful environment.
Stressful no work/life/balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MissouriMarch 9, 2018
Sat in front of a computer for 10 - 12 hours a day. Did not like unhealthy sitting for years. Company is trying to right-size their profit, therefore most work is moving off-shore. Did not experience any internal movement for career opportunities.
Pros
Good benefits. Flexible work schedule
Cons
Long working hours. Over worked, 10 - 12 hours a day. No internal career movement experienced.
Prductive and fun work place
Agile Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2018
Its always best to work with Amodcs at any location. I was connected to Amdocs more than 8 years. Strongly recommend to work with this company in future as well
Pros
Smart work and salary as per market
Cons
Na
Job Security is a big issue
Client Production Support, Ad Hoc Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 18, 2018
Since I started, 2-3 people from my team have been laid off each year. Most of the folks that worked on my contract felt disconnected from the company.
Pros
Full time work from home is available and there are good benefits.
Cons
Job Security is not good
Great people to work with
Americas Global Mobile Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 7, 2019
Great company once you can get in the door.
Not much job security if you live in America. Many jobs are being sent to India for cheaper rates.
Always food around to eat.
Pros
free food
Great company
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  DallasMarch 26, 2018
Great company to work, good mentoring programs, fast track for high performers, good compensation, good benefits, good work life balance, fortune 50 clients.
Excellent benefits and opportunities but no team culture
Optima Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 6, 2018
Company has good benefits and gives employees opportunities but the culture is not the best. Minimal Collaboration between teams. People is looking to blame someone else instead of looking for solutions
Get Ready.
Financial Business Planner (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 18, 2018
Cons:

The Job is incredibly demanding within finance, a closing method that makes little to no sense you will be in a constant state of closing numbers. No work/life balance whatsoever.

Pros:

Flexible work Attire.
Ability to work from home
Excellent Health Care Plan