Amdocs Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
used to be good company
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 17, 2018
no work life balance; great people; very good benefits; upper management does not care about people and does not "walk the talk" anymore. used to be much better company
Pros
Good benifits, great people
Cons
no work life balance;most of upper management does not care about people
Fun People to work with
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2018
Amdocs was a fun place to for at the people were very helpful and friendly. You will learn a lot. Great off site events, employees were appreciate with off site event.
Pros
I was the manager of the department.
Cons
To much red tape.
Getting worse day by day
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Dallas, USAJuly 7, 2018
Used to be a very good company but declining faster. Company leadership is lacking vision for future. HR policies are changing very fast to be against employees. Not anymore a company to be in.
No a bad place to work
Software Development Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2018
I like this company but need to find something new because they not allow to work by remote and I am moving for the place where is no Amdocs office exist.
Not a good experience
Sr. Project Manager / Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 2, 2018
This was not a good work experience. Most of the people at the job site were related and they looked out for their relatives.

Work balance/life balance was not good.
Pros
Paid Vacation
Cons
Too many projects for one person
Fun to work
Sr.SME (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2018
Worked here for almost 10yrs in different roles, starting as developer to production support. Loved working here. Worked on all modules of their billing software and also worked on CRM and other products.
Pros
Health Care
Amdocs
Consultant / Program-Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 20, 2018
Amdocs major revenue in DFW area is generated by one telecom company, which is facing difficult time with recent mergers and acquisition.
This has caused thousands of thousands resource to be laid-off.
Pros
Flexibility WFH
Cons
Lacks career develoopment
On-shore staff are 3rd place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2018
Company going through reorg for 4 years, moving jobs offshore. If you are not Israeli or India you are 3rd class and treated as such. Best to work with Israeli vs India groups, the India groups will cut you out of everything and keep for them.
HR process designed to block and prevent at all cost the ability to advance. HR is there only to provide visa and work permits.
Comments about long hours, little to no work life balance all true.
Pros
Medical
Cons
Everything else
Used to be a good place to work...
Analyst (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 23, 2018
Unfortunately things have changed.

Outsourcing to India and an attempt to rapidly expand via acquisitions and mergers has led to a complete stall of salary raises and bonuses, while work load, responsibilities and additional tasks are creeping ever wider.

The company used to, so it seemed, run with an 80/20 rule, i.e., it's acceptable if 80% works and 20% doesn't. Not great, but tolerable as long we're profitable.

However, now, we're more like 70/30 or even 65/35. If you're work ethic doesn't align with this philosophy, it can difficult to tolerate, especially when coupled with a work force reduction here in the states.
Very productive.
Senior IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 13, 2018
AMDOCS is a very productive company. They provide training opportunities for career growth. The company is forward thinking and makes changes to keep up with business trends.
Pros
Training
Fun-place to work at, learned a lot
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  2150 North 1st street, San Jose CA 95131May 10, 2018
Manage Corporate Conference Center Coordinator: all logistics for the onsite/offsite events for Amdocs foreign and domestic conferences, product demos, group tours: winery tours, dinners, boat tours, golf...
Customer service schedule, catering, department budget, AMEX card, Calendar, “On-Line Form” (OLF) and Gifts and Hospitality (G&H).
Prductive and fun work place
Agile Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2018
Its always best to work with Amodcs at any location. I was connected to Amdocs more than 8 years. Strongly recommend to work with this company in future as well
Pros
Smart work and salary as per market
Cons
Na
fast paced environment
Director IT (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 23, 2018
very fast paced environment with plenty of opportunities to learn and build your skillsets. The working culture is very broad and you meet people from all over the world.
Great place to work.
Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 20, 2018
Amdocs is a great place to work. One is surrounded by incredibly intelligent people. The environment is collaborative and team oriented rather than competitive. Amdocs products are the best in the industry so a certain degree of pride and success naturally follow. One is expected to work hard and put in well above a forty-hour week, but the amount is not excessive nor does it typically cause a problem with work-life balance.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers, Collaborative team environment
Cons
Job Security
Consulting Manager, Amdocs (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2018
Challenging projects, great working culture. Great mentoring program, fast rack for high performers. Fortune 50 clientele. great benefits, good compensation
Job Security is a big issue
Client Production Support, Ad Hoc Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 18, 2018
Since I started, 2-3 people from my team have been laid off each year. Most of the folks that worked on my contract felt disconnected from the company.
Pros
Full time work from home is available and there are good benefits.
Cons
Job Security is not good
A new release mgr position
Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2018
I was hired in for a totally new position with none of the release manager skills. I learned RM skills on the job. For the most part I had a great team although some were territorial.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Not much internal training or support
Enjoyed working for Amdocs
Second Shift Group Lead (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 14, 2018
I enjoyed working for Amdocs, but my time was cut short due to being a Contractor. They respect a hard working and aggressive employee most of all. They try to relocate you if possible, if your job or department is eliminated.
Pros
Hard work is rewarded
Cons
Can be stressful.
Collaborative working environment.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 13, 2018
It is not steady paced due to bad planning and lack of exact boundaries for responsibilities. The training materials most of the time just scratch the surface and does not provide enough foundation for future development. My manager is great but I see many people are struggling working under their managers.
The hardest part of the job to catch up with the deadlines due to bad planning.
Cannot find anything enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Working in fast paced stressful environment.
Productive and fun work place
PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMarch 9, 2018
I learned how to communicate with different group and support them as well, I was an onshore Manager and I support an offshore team. We supported Maintenance, processed billing monitored different platforms.
Pros
I was able to work from home some times and support my team/
Cons
communication sometimes was lacking