Amdocs Employee Reviews

activity
Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2018
Amdocs is a multinational corporation headquartered in Chesterfield, Missouri, with support and development centers located worldwide. The company specializes in software and services for communications, media and financial services providers and digital enterprises.
Pros
health
Cons
short break
Amdocs' business is declining at AT&T
Lead Project/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2018
Amdocs' business at AT&T is declining and the workforce has shrunk considerably. I enjoyed working as a project manager for AT&T and gained valuable knowledge and experience.
Business Operation Specialist
Business Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CA 95762October 8, 2018
Manage all employee time reporting on customers account.
Validated all travel expense data and created invoicing invoicing.
Completed monthly Business Planning Reports for Finance Dept.
Scheduled all related billing for signed Statements of Work, ensuring timely, complete and accurate invoices.
Tracked Licenses, Maintenance, Professional Services, Travel, Third Party Hardware and Software invoicing.
Used SAP for code and expense tracking.
Maintained expense tracking spreadsheets, comparing actuals to projected costs.
Reconciled data with SAP Reports
Pros
Food Provided
Awesome company
Information Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown NJ USAOctober 4, 2018
Mangers are helpful and not only concentrate on your professional growth but your educational and personal growth and goals too. Friendly team member make it more comfortable to work.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
New policies coming
Amdocs is not the place it once was
Business Operations Professional (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 2, 2018
Amdocs' current priorities are to save money and maximize profits at the expense of dedicated professionals. Amdocs once fostered a diverse and thriving employee culture, full of employees willing to give their all to help the company succeed. That culture is dead.
Fallen to competition
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 2, 2018
The projects have decreased dramatically and the company is struggling. I have not seen it this in the past 15 years. The management seems to be changing directions and failing to keep up with competitors.
celebrations for many of the occasions and team trips
Sr. Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at Amdocs.
I learned a lot!
I grow to be an expert tester. I attended a lot of trainings on different applications and testing tools include some automation tools like QTP and Win runner. Planed /executed and tracked bugs on different types of applications including web and client server
Conducted several types of testing techniques, attended a lot of conference calls with the customers and attended meetings with developers and testing teams. Traveled to the customer site for test help. The work load with heavy, but the compensations and benefits were ok.
. diversity environment
Nice Working Place
L2 Application Support - Software Developer (Current Employee) –  OrtigasSeptember 27, 2018
Nice working place, good for career growth employees are friendly, environment is clean and good benefits. Manager and supervisor are very kind to employees
company just for Israelies
Software Engineer/ System Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  EuropeSeptember 22, 2018
If you are not Israeli, don't join unless you are VP and up. also if you don't have Citizenship. they love to use L1 visas so you can't leave them. the paycheck is not good and no work life balance.
Tough culture
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2018
It's a very solid and a good company to work for, if you are not a sensible employee. This is an Israeli company driven by Israeli culture. They are very direct and they rise their voice frequently. It's highly competitive and you compite with Israeli professionals. They frequently talk in Hebrew.
Pros
it's great to work surrounded by smart people
Cons
Tough culture
North America Reduction
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Jobs are mostly being off shored as USA is high cost center. Inexperienced manager and he is remote from Israel . Teams are pressured to work 55-65 hours per week
Good communication
Software Support Engineer (LV3) (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 11, 2018
I always knew what was expected every day. Customer satisfaction was the number one goal. Security and compiling with customers contract was well communicated.
A good company to work for.
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 1, 2018
A good company to work for. It has flexible hours and people are friendly. Good support from management teams. The work environment is modern. Flexible telecommute policy.
Good company to work for
Group Lead - Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 26, 2018
The people I worked with at Amdocs were good people, that made the job a lot nicer. I worked on a managed services contract and with that, there were pressures financially that I don't think the rest of the company feels as often. They create a good environment and allow people to share their opinions
Good company with good learning opportunities and strong responsibilities
Customer Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 25, 2018
Worked a long time for amdocs and grew there as a professional. I am thankful. I had the chance to travel multiple times to different countries and learned different idiosyncrasies.
Average
Application Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2018
Offices and contracts around the world so each site is likely to be different.

Local managers do the best they can, but the company as a whole is totally bottom line driven.
I work remotely supporting the AT&T Account
Senior Software Support Engineer - AT&T Account (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, NJAugust 22, 2018
I enjoy my work at AMDOCS but like all contracting jobs they don't last forever. I find it hard to advance in this world-wide company and need to look else where to continue and advance in the field I have enjoyed for the past 25 years.
Pros
Work flexibility. Respected by peers.
Cons
No Job advancement or pay raises.
Not recommended
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 21, 2018
If you are in North America, stay away from this company.

1. Their business model involves letting people go to show their investors that they are earning money. They have been doing it at least twice a year, for every year I've been with this company. They just did so today, even when my manager told the team there is none in the works just a couple of weeks ago.

2. They are not interested in your career advancements. They will advertise company initiated 'learning' opportunities, but apparently that is only for their offshore people. You can study on your own, but most likely you will not find any opportunities since they are not developing their business.

3. Morale is really low in this company. You cannot help but feel bad for those who were let go, but those of us who survived the lay-offs are made to bear the brunt of the departures, and our workload will just double.

If there is anything positive to say, it is knowing we are at the point where there's practically no one left to let go. So it feels good knowing I will leave this company soon myself.
Pros
Average benefits
Cons
Frequent lay-offs due to mismanagement, no career advancement
Good to work
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  dallas,txAugust 21, 2018
Good to work as part of different projects.
There are international opportunities which people can make use of.
Encourages advanced technologies whenever possible.
Pros
international scopes
Job
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 19, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. We were also allowed to telecommute. They also provided a budget for a monthly team lunch or snacks.