Amec Foster Wheeler Employee Reviews

A lot of travel
Survey Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2018
As a surveyor you gotta expect to travel a lot. In the summers there's a lot of work around alabama and Tennessee where it's usually very hot, but you set your own work pace which is great
five of five
Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  KWJuly 13, 2018
I am glad to had dealing with this Company where I got good relations along with the work invironment. It was my pleasure to work for Amec Foster Wheeler
Better than most
Sr. Scheduler (Former Employee) –  VariousJuly 11, 2018
it is an ok place to work. Work goes from Very Busy to Slow. Lot of opportunity to excel since few people have a great deal of experience. Lack of personal responsibility with most groups.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Not many
Fast paced never slow.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZJune 29, 2018
Amec kept me busy never a slow day, which made days go by fast. Only problem I had there was never knew until you got paid if you were going to get paid your weekly per diem.
Pros
Lot of hours
Cons
Working in stressful weather conditions
Summary
Sr. It Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 26, 2018
My experience at Amec Foster Wheeler was overall positive. As the sole IT Administrator supporting multiple Offices and 180 employees I was able to Manage my Office as needed. I was allowed to request updates to Infrastructure and procure equipment to allow people to continue being productive following computer issues.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Wood Plc acquired Amec Foster Wheeler
Marketing Specialist
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. The industry was hit hard when coal was down; therefore, the business declined. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
pay
Cons
work day hours
Very good place to work. Management helped it's employees
Project Controls Engineer 5/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
AMEC was a very good place to work. Everyone (mostly) went out of their way to assist fellow employees in achieving the ultimate goal in completing projects ontime and under budget.
Pros
Very intelligent employees willing to work together.
Cons
A few people want to work out of their scope.
Productive and Family Oriented Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 25, 2018
The Topeka AMEC Office is made up of great leadership, trusted work relationships, and value to all employees who are apart of the staff and team. Although the assignment was short term, it was a great experience!
Pros
Friendly work atmophere
Cons
I couldn't stay on with the company at this time.
Very goal driven environment
Lab Supervisor and Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 22, 2018
Company offered plenty of opportunity to expand your knowledge base if it suited their branch and/or corporate goals. Personal goal setting did not receive as much positive encouragement.
Pros
I could work as much overtime as needed to accomplish project deadlines.
Cons
Everyone pretty much maxed out on their own goals/deadlines. Help was hard to come by when asked for, and (not necessarily a con), errors or dropped deadlines were not tolerated.
Quite political and selfish culture
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2018
The management at AMEC tended to be very self-involved and not at all fostering of a team environment. Infighting among business units was very detrimental to project execution and technical skills are all but non-existent. Management is primarily focused on sales, and project execution is not regarded as important.
Pros
Its a job and pays the bills.
Cons
Little professional development opportunity, salary adjustments are often delayed or cancelled, and performance is not connected to salary adjustments.
Love of co-workers
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXJune 16, 2018
When you love the people you work with it makes your day better. I loved going into work every night. The nights went by so fast with the busy schedule.
Was outage at coal-fired power plant, was hot, long hours,but i hope to work for them again
Outage, pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Lena, LAJune 7, 2018
The job was an outage but i wasnt pushed, management brought in a bunch of pipeline welders, true its all welding, BUT, there are a few procedural differences, all told, i say Amec Foster Wheeler is a solid company to work for
Collaborative
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 5, 2018
There was interment flow of staff, all were dedicated to the assigned duties. Everyone was very welcoming and understanding. Very easy to communicate with staff and management.
It is definitly a place to work if you want cash and good bosses
Metallurgical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTJune 5, 2018
Good bosses and people to work with, very flexible with how many hours you can work, good location and environment, very good drive and direction the company is taking.
Pros
lotsa hours
Cons
lotsa hours
MATERIALS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 4, 2018
Work environment was really nice. Co -workers will help you if you don't know how to do a test. Management was good and knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job was when it is slow they send you home and not get at least your 40 hrs.
Good people to work with.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2018
Amec FW's (Pittsburgh Office) offers an a positive and challenging work environment. Even in the current APC market conditions, they have be successful in maintaining a positive work environment.
Pros
Great work hours.
Cons
Market conditions have forced them to make staffing cuts.
Work Hard for what you want.
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
Loved working here. Unfortunately my project ended and no other projects came along so I decided to move on. I did want to build my career and retire with the company but opportunities where not available at the time.
Pros
The People, Flex work schedule
Cons
Micro-Management
Challenging company, loosely structured
Sr. Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 28, 2018
As site manager, I was given a project which was underway, understaffed with AFW inexperienced staff, insufficient guidance for success, and limited support when requested. I would consider the project and my own performance to be a failure, though I should have recognized these symptoms earlier in my commitment to the project.
Sorely Missed
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2018
Amec Foster Wheeler was my first introduction into the IT world. They gave me a chance when I had no previous IT experience and allowed me to grow exponentially within the field. I was able to experience stress beyond anything I had ever experienced but I was able to do so in a supportive environment with exceptional and talented technicians that allowed me the opportunity to grow from those experiences. I truly enjoyed my 10 years at Amec Foster Wheeler and I will miss all of my co-workers and customers.
Pros
The free lunches left over from client meetings were something to behold, The vacation time was first rate as well, wonderful work environment
Cons
While I developed at an accelerated rate, I was (in my opinion) not fiscally accommodated in relation to the tasks I undertook, especially when you consider the fact that I took them on out of seeing the need for it, and without being told or requested to do so. That was truly my only issue with Amec Foster Wheeler
Cool Job
Electrical/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mitchell, ALMay 15, 2018
The work is strenuous because this is strictly manual labor in extreme conditions and lots of repetitive motions. Not very good for a family man because of the lack of benefits and hours, but the pay was OK.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amec Foster Wheeler. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

51out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Amec Foster Wheeler.

Powered by Comparably