Amedica Corp Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great technology, Missed Opportunity Window, Weak Management Team
Vice President of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2015
Although Amedica has great ceramic technology worth capitalizing on, the consistent management turnovers has left a weak business model with a poor management team unable to develop and execute plans.
Great company to work for that valued quality above quanity.
CNC Machinist Level III for Haas (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 8, 2015
Work consisted of medical devices of very high detail. The only difficulty with working for this company was its permanent use of temporary employees to avoid any benefit cost.
Pros
Great pay, no micromangement
Cons
Purely tempory work with no benifits or job security.
Good place to work nice co workers a little top heavy with managment
n/a (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 21, 2014
The job itself is not to bad everyone seems to like where they are at. I was not trained very well but I learned a lot while employed there. Management was kind of clue-less of day to day operations until something bad happens or a department was buried and they had a deadline then they get involved. They try not to Micro manage which is good but sometimes it felt like they were so out of the loop you could not go to them for assistance or even suggest improvements. Also, the managers out numbers the workers 2 to 1. Overall it was a good place to work I think management needs a overhaul on how they operate but other than that I would go back.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours, clean and professional.
Cons
Great place to work, depending on which department you're in.
Product Development Engineer / Quality Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 11, 2014
I truly enjoy working here and hope to continue. I have worked under two managers now and the first was a micro-manager to say the least, but I really like my new boss. The employees are great to work with and the atmosphere is nothing but friendly and helpful.
Pros
Training allotment, benefits, small company with room to grow.
Cons
Management could be more fair and understanding.