Amedisys Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,044 reviews matching the search See all 1,047 reviews
Wonderful Place to Work
Occupational Therapist: Home Health (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAAugust 15, 2018
I love Amedisys. I felt that our values alligned with the way we view patient care and I felt supported by my supervisors in providing my best care to patients. I loved the people I worked with and felt that the compensation/benefits were generous. I was very sad when I had to leave such a positive and collaborative work environment.
With the right Director and Office Manager it could be a great place to work
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Business Office SpecialistAugust 15, 2018
The daily workflow is good for the most part; but, duties are added to an already overloaded work schedule at the whim of the Director. Management is absolutely haphazard at best.

Their idea of employee coaching is absurd at best. They are quick to put a write-up in your record while no proof of issues or problems are ever presented to you.

Favoritism is rampant. No formalized training was offered until months down the road. It's basically learn as you go and pray you don't make mistakes because management will descend upon you like a vulture.

The overall work culture is difficult at best due to constant changes and an overload of attitude. There is an absolute lack of professionalism.

Micromanagement is the worst part of the job. All of the work you've done is changed and moved around by the time you come in the next morning!

During the interview, the job was presented as 8-5 with a 1 hour lunch. Sounds great doesn't it? Well, in reality it's 7:30 am until sometimes 6:30 pm with maybe a 30 minute lunch (which you are required to take now).
Pros
Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Cons
Way too many
Overload of patients. Tons of travel.
Lpn (Current Employee) –  MorgantownAugust 14, 2018
Vary little time to spend at home with your family if you work there. You have patients added to you all day and end up charting most of your evening.
Company work well.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJAugust 14, 2018
It’s too many change in short time.
The priority it’s in well definition
Company work it’s focus in pt care, the motivation to promote inside the company it’s no good enough.
Great Company!
Payroll (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 11, 2018
Amedisys has a culture unlike any other I have seen in its industry. They truly believe in family and the spirit of teamwork. All departments work closely together to ensure the success of the company and its patients.
Fast pace,comortable atmosphere
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 10, 2018
Working for Amedisys was a very good experience. Working with dedicated professionals, and pleasant office staff. Home health is a very fluid business, schedules and workflow changes everyday
Would have been the perfect job
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 9, 2018
I started working at Amedysis Home Health after looking for a job for eight months. I was there for about three and a half months, assisted with hundreds of chart audits and billing, it consumed most of my time during the day. Unfortunately, since the billing was so behind, they had to let two of us go and eventually closed down both Broward offices.
Health Care Nightmare
Business Office (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 8, 2018
Staffing issues. Low company morale. Bad management. Over worked clinical staff. Too much work place gossip. Management does not like to get involved.
Pros
Cons
many
Not the job for me
Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Columbia, KYAugust 6, 2018
DOO did not work with my school schedule after telling me she would. She would put me on-call the night before class or a test. When I attempted to talk to her about it she suggested I find another job, so I did.
Pros
Not in one place all the time
Cons
No back up if you get in trouble.
Excellant company
Area Vice President / North Florida (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 2, 2018
Amedisys thrives on creating an atmosphere for individual growth. They are passionate about patient care and hire people with those qualities. I would recommend this company for anyone.
Cons
Fast-paced, ability to multi-task is a plus, and must be flexible.
BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 1, 2018
As with all health care organizations, the work day starts when you walk in the door. I was fortunate to work with a staff devoted to the well being of our patients.
Pros
Enjoy teammates
Okay for anyone that like homecare.
Admission Nurse and Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 1, 2018
This job owns your life without separation of work and home. Often times work went home with you and the Oasis take entirely to long too complete. Training is terrible and then you're on your own to figure out how to perform your job. Turnover is very high.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Training
Womderful and supportive team and management. Rewarding profession
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 1, 2018
Hospice nursing is very rewarding but can be difficult, sad and stressful at times. We have a great team that provides support and reassurance and attending funerals can provide some closure. Our management is very open to our opinions and problem solving and can be flexible regarding schedule issues within reason.
Pros
Supprtive environment
Stressful work place.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 27, 2018
This company was not what I expected. No ill feelings toward the company. The mission and goals of the company were not inline with my personal mission and goals.
Pros
Fellow employees.
Cons
Stressful and long hours.
Great Learning Experience as a Volunteer
Hospice Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 24, 2018
• Assisted social workers during their patient visits
• Observed therapeutic communication between patients and their families
• Managed healthy bereavement process and offered counseling services to families of the deceased
High stress, but decent place to work
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 21, 2018
Most days are busy and stressful. lots of organization in the company. Good policies in place. Lots of support to accomplish your job duties. But not all can be accomplished in 8 hours.
Great Home Health Company
Home Health Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC 27703July 18, 2018
I enjoyed working working there meeting new people and co workers. Easy to work for and complete documentation because it was computerized and you just need to be connected to the internet.
Pros
flexiblity
Great family atmosphere
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJuly 17, 2018
Productive fast pace and very organized structure. All employees were tremendous and great to work with and my supervisor was excellent. Iwould recommend this company for anyone in the health care work enviroment. Salary is competive and good benefits. This company is very family oriented. They also are nationwide and will work with employees to relocate.
Pros
Good insurance and benefits. Everyone worked well together and helped each other with no problems
Cons
Had to cover a wide area which stretched our staff thin but goals always meet or exceeded
overwhelming experience
Behavioral Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAJuly 15, 2018
very overwhelmed as new behavioral health nurse in the community, attempting to serve 3 counties on a daily basis, while doing charting at home and attending school for both my BSN and my MSN
Employees are put under the bus. Immature Management. Do not work her.
former worker (Former Employee) –  nashville hospiceJuly 15, 2018
The Nashville Hospice office is challenging. Staff is put under the bus by immature management that does not support staff. Money and profit is the main focus. People that work at this location are immature and back biting. This is not a location that you want to work at. Very unorganized. Work culture reminds you of being in high school. Too much driving is required. Rate of pay for miles is below what is supposed to be paid.
Pros
Cons
immature management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight