Amedisys

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Very caring staff

The staff at Amedisys Hospice was comprised of the nicest group of people that I have ever had the privilege to work with. Unfortunately, I found a higher paying job elsewhere.

Staff easy to work with. Training needing more one on one before going live.

The only reason I quit was because the drive was just to far to drive. Traffic was stressing me out. An hour and half is just to far to drive. The scheduling job I had could be done from home, but wasn’t offered.

Pros

Pay was great

Cons

Too far to drive, need a remote location, too far between offices.

Profit centered not patient centered. No work life balance.

The culture is cowardice, punitive, divisive without regard for work life balance. You are truly working all waking hours because the charting is not easily done in the home of the patient. You chart at night after a caseload of 6-10 visits a day.

Pros

Autonomy, Relationship with patients, being a valued member of the community you work.

Cons

Disregard for workers priorities at home.

Great company and great people. The focus is the patient.

Your work is what you make it. Flexible and the priority is patient care. You make your own hours scheduled around patient appointments. Your time is yours to manage. You need to be strong at assessment and computer charting.

One of the worst place to work no communication team leader don't care about there staff

No communication and no good pay. They don't pay well. They expect alot but no good treatment don't care about their stuff complain and consent. One of the worst place to work

Pros

No pros in 2 years

Cons

There no communication in this company and no future for growing

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Horrible company

There is a high turn over on employees so we’re always short staffed. The training is rushed and unorganized, unprofessional leadership, low pay and low compensation for mileage. Non stop calls during the day and Micromanagement from office staff. It’s impossible to plan your day effectively Bc the office will call you multiple times and force you to pick up additional patients on top of the 8-10 you’re already scheduled to see.

Very focused on employees and job satisfaction

Great culture and employee focused. I am offered a large amount of education. My manager offers me time away when needed and my DOO and CM will see patients if needed.

Sense of purpose in job responsibilities.

Company often picked up patients that were not appropriate for hospice, ie dementia patients in nursing homes that were not declining. Big focus on census and signing as many patients on to hospice as possible.

Flexible schedule

This company will allow you to make your own schedule. A day I will have 4 to 5 patients. Is a very nice company to work for. I would usually cover sebring, avon park and lake placid.

Pros

Manage your own time

Cons

Short breaks

they're too short of nurses so they work you l I ke a dog. I'm being assigned things that I've never been oriented to do. There's no oversight.

there must be something better than this. It would be nice to have a mentor but all of the RNs are quitting. I've requested a meeting with my manager but I don't have high hopes,

Pros

salary during training. Sorry I can't think of anything else.

Cons

orientation program is nonexistent

Some of the management are difficult to work with.

Definitely not what I expected. Gas lighting from a part of the management team. I had hopes of it getting better and unfortunately things just got worse.

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

Management, on-call, firing of staff due to modules

Great culture, supportive staff, varied hours that severely affected your paycheck every week.

I have no complaints about this company other than not having security of pay and hours. My position was only offered as per diem, being paid per visit. Some days I would be very busy, some days I would only be able to see 1-2 people, or none if there were cancellations. Great company, though, very friendly supportive team and staff. Sometimes it was confusing to know who to report to for individual questions or problems.

Pros

CEUs we’re paid time Free CPR classes

Cons

No security of pay or hours for per diem

Management is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!!

This company really needs to take time to screen check their management before putting them in leading roles. Management is manipulating, they side with one another lying their way out of things. Always pointing the finger somewhere else. Management doesn’t appreciate the hard workers dedicating their lives to their work to better the company. Every patient is a dollar sign to the branch they over accept patients to build the branch’s census leaving field staff over scheduled on a daily basis tons of visits missed due to staffing issues. High turn over with staffing due to management. Horrible place to work!

Pros

Schedule, compensation

Cons

Management, career advancement

If your not part of the team you will never make it with the Dallas office

Dallas pod is awful to work for . They have their own lil team and make it very hard for new staff . No a good pod to work for . Dallas pod management sucks

Great culture

Love it here. Great culture and nice people to work for. Management is supportive and considerate. Large company a lot of support, resources and room for growth.

Pros

Opportunities to learn and grow

Micromanaging!

Micromanaging, too many meetings, too many sales calls, no flexibility, constant change, PTO is NEVER approved, favoritism. Contestant staff shortage.

Pros

Everyone seems nice at first.

Cons

Great place to work, we all work together to improve patients lives.

I love what I do for Amedisys. We are encouraged to work as a team for the betterment of our patients (business development, clinical and operations). It is a very challenging job and takes a very strong person to accomplish all that needs done.

Pros

Flexibility and great pay

Cons

Not being able to accept all insurances.

Good place gone bad.

I worked for Amedisys for 12 years. It was great for most years but changes the last couple of years made miserable. Mostly money driven by lying to patients and providers to get their business then once they are on service the nurse has to answer for the lies. Then the cuts in pay and mileage. All hidden in the points per visit rate. Impossible to meet productivity because of the long drive times.

Pros

Average benefits

Cons

You won’t feel good about yourself facing these poor patients knowing the poor care they get.

Nothing you do is right continual turn over in management

More then 65% of the work week is spent in meetings. Zero compensation for any on-call work for manager. The company does not compensate fairly. Compensation is based on if the agency makes a profit. No matter how good of a job you do your performance is based on how well your boss does with the finances. The company is way to corporate and sales based to be a healthcare company. The corporations poor decisions fall on the backs of the field staff. The sales staff is catered to and there is too much of a divide between operations and sales. The culture is admit whether the patient is eligible or not then you better justify why you did or did not admit a patient.

Pros

Some flexibility during the day but you have to make up the hours

Cons

Corporation culture of sales instead of patient care

Excellent company culture

The culture at Amedisys is absolutely amazing! Everyone works very hard and is passionate about their work and our patients. There is not a bunch of overtime in our area, so work life balance is good. The hardest part is dealing with our department manager who should not be a people manager.

Pros

Culture; people, services provided to the public

Cons

Disorganized direct management, limited tools in our area, continuing to add more work without increasing staff to adequately manage the work load.

Meaningful work. National company that misses caring for the local employee.

Hospice is deeply meaningful work. This company promises work/life balance, but simply doesn't know how to staff properly or train directors & managers. Staff are constantly burning out and leaving to do the same job elsewhere. Great co-workers, management miss caring for staff and retaining competent employees.

Pros

Meaningful work.

Cons

Guilt used to motivate filling shifts when short staffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight