Amedisys Employee Reviews

Found 1,160 reviews matching the search See all 1,162 reviews
Receptions work
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lockport, LAFebruary 20, 2019
Answer phones, fax and scan documents, scheduling appointments, ordering supplies, putting in referrals, making sure all patient information was correct and updating patient information
Heartless and Souless Company
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 18, 2019
As a field nurse I learned very quickly that it was not about patient care at all but, opening cases and their ratings. This is not a "homecare company" but, "how much money can we make company" Clinicians are asked to open cases without the minimum amount of information given. Managers are incompetent, lazy and afraid to speak up in behalf of field staff or patients. These managers knew close to nothing about the patients, ignored the complaints that they received from families and staff. From what I understand there has been a revolving door with Directors, experienced two myself in short period of time one worse than the other. Staff morale was down the drain, I knew I made a mistake working there when I saw these clinicians faces filled with frustration and anger. I worked very closely with the field staff and was amazed how unprofessional some were, the others however were very nice, knowledgeable and supportive, unfortunately they were also the ones that got the worst treatment. Overall, I learned about homecare and found an agency that is more well rounded, provide more support, more education and staff is appreciated. I would absolutely not recommend this company.
Pros
I left
Cons
Lack of leadership
Short Time There
Home Health RN (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCFebruary 18, 2019
Focus on numbers not quality time with patients. OASIS just introduced and not explained well Saw patients during the days and documented until 11:00 PM at night.
Fast-Paced but Rewarding
Home Health Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2019
The office I work out of is cooperative and supportive of the clinicians. The pay is better than average and the benefits are really good. The government destroyed health insurance so those premiums are high.

Great work-life balance with the flexibility of home health. Sometimes Thursdays and Fridays get over-booked due to late referrals and having to reschedule patients from earlier in the week but hey, that's home health.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Fluctuations in patient load.
poor place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 17, 2019
The office from which I work was constantly changing management, they could not keep staff. They were always giving you more patient than you could handled in 8 to 10 hours, then you spent another 5 to 6 hours charting. They have no orientation for new employees, you sink or swim. Patient don't always get the care they need. Poor place to work.
Pros
Flxible hours
Cons
No orientation, long working hours, heavy patient load, cater to males
Don't waste your time
nursing (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAFebruary 17, 2019
I would never work for this company. If you call training completing computer modules for 3 weeks adequate this job may be for you. Very poor management. My office was so poor the cm, bom an rn and and an lpn quit within a month. I would never let this company be responsible for my loved one. If you like to tear your car up and drain your bank account for gas money this is a good place. Drive between patients average 15-35 minute,drive times. Please take my advice. Don't work for this company . I resigned after 6 weeks.
Cons
Best home health job i have had
LPN (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLFebruary 17, 2019
I learned alot with the systems in place here and the management was great. All about teaching and leadership. It was alot of driving and my vehicle was getting upset with me lol other than that. I would still be there. I have had the opportunity to grow but I declined due to my children's schedule.
Pros
Management, car program, case conferences.
Cons
Distance between patients
poor management
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Winchester, TNFebruary 17, 2019
after 3 years of working with Amedisys Home Health management changed. The new director of operations did not show good work ethics. She was more concerned about numbers than patient care.
Pros
Excellent co workers
Cons
poor management
Flexible schedule
Home Health Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 16, 2019
This position gives its employees Great flexibility and autonomy. I baby enjoyed working with my patients in their homes. They are much more relaxed in their own environments.
unknown
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 15, 2019
You need to be a special kind of person to work for Hospice. There is death and sadness daily. There is also great relationships and bonds you make with the families that you are helping
Flexible work schedule
RN Case Manager ( contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2019
This company provides many opportunities for advancement of knowledge. The pay was competitive. Work life balance was good. The management and employees worked well together
Cons
Work was limited
Unsteady Amount of Work
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  KentuckyFebruary 12, 2019
Somewhat disorganized office staff leads to a lot of wasted energy and effort. No real concern for making sure the full-time employees have full-time work.
Duluth branch: Worst of the Amedisys managed!!
Full time Nurse (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GeorgiaFebruary 12, 2019
Extremely poor training process for new to home health RNs.
Training is lax, to say the least. The best description is like this; you are placed into the fire and frying pan before being relieved by the fire service.

No guidance along the way, very long hours for charting totaling 14-16 hours for admissions. Too many patients, including Starts of care; Recerts; not paid for high tech wound care and the list could go on and on.
The worst of all is not knowing what your check will look like. Pay is unpredictable!
Mileage is not reimbursed or either no one shows you how to get your money for damaging your car taking care of company's business..... Simply stated, do not work here!!
Pros
the benefits dangled like a carrot
Cons
Long hours, No mileage paid, Not knowing pay rate
Not Amedysis. Tender Loving Care was a great place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Our Company Tender Loving Care was bought by Amedysis.

I worked at Tender Loving Care for 14 years. I had a wonderful

bosses and learned everything from them.

Learn how to touch my paperwork only once and process it.
Public Speaking, Management, Leadership and Recruitment,

and On-boarding.

Great opportunity for growth Tender Loving Care.

Amedysis was more like slavery, working so hard until you got sick.
Do not care about the experienced nurses
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLFebruary 5, 2019
They are pushing out the seasoned nurses, for untrained nurses. Actively works at not paying the staff for miles driven during the course of a day. Some days are over 100 miles. With a full count of patients that need to be seen. In reality, nurses work over 100 hours a week, but, are only paid for 40 hrs in the salary. 12 - 14 hour days are common.
Pros
Car for full time employees
Cons
Poor pay, very long hours, try to not pay for visits and mileage every chance they can.
Poor management and low morale for a work place
Hospice Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 5, 2019
Constant change in staff resulted in patient care to suffer. Management skills lacked in people skills. Not a friendly place to work which added to the low morale.
Pros
company car
Cons
stressful place to work
Productive business
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 4, 2019
Meeting physicians and staff to discuss opportunities for patients who receive homecare. Also, speaking with referral sources and discussing what types of services the company can provide to patients.
Pros
Meeting new people on a daily basis
Working more than 50 hours a week is an expectation.
Area Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Central RegionFebruary 4, 2019
I began with Amedisys as a field nurse, was shortly promoted to clinical manager, then to director of operations, finally to area vice president of operations. I had a wonderful experience throughout my tenure with Amedisys until I reached the final level of area Vice President. At that point politics surrounded me, and shortly thereafter I was terminated. I won countless awards with Amedidys, and was considered a wonderful employee. I did everything I was asked to do such as covered multiple agencies that didn’t have a director, I took on multiple projects, I even developed a new system. Once I reached the AVP level, I found the upper management To be crooked. Eight years of a wonderful career, with a flawless HR record, and it ended so abruptly. I worked so hard for this company, and gave the most honest work I’ve ever given, all to have It swept out from under me without them even batting an eye. No concern as to how my family and I would survive. They denied all unemployment payment after my termination, which to me, as a clear indicator of how much they appreciated the work I did. I gave up so much personally for this company, and then it was my personal life that suffered through and through both during and after my employment with Amedisys. My career was swept out from under me without them even batting an eye as to how me and my family would survive. My termination was a slap in the face, and I am here to tell you that upper management is not to be trusted. However, The clinical teams within the care centers are phenomenal. If you or a loved one need personal  more... care, or skilled care, this company has amazing clinicians.  less
Pros
Good pay
Cons
You will work your life away with no appreciation
Very competitve in field with top line inovation
SVP Operations (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2019
Amedisys is very fast paced and innovative. The culture is primary set by the region closer to the boots on the ground. To be successful you must give 120% and give your all. The CEO is very accessible and appreciates all the staff giving the care. Very relaxed corporate office
Pros
very innovative
Cons
many hours to commit to excellence
Great company; poor leadership
Quality Care Coordinator/Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 29, 2019
In 2008 I was a hire to retire applicant. I was all in; I drank the koolaid. I believed upper management were trustworthy. Arpund end of 2009 things started on slow downward spiral. Job title changed annually if not more frequently. Often my department was called off task to perform special projects. Requirements for the job changed...required certifications then didn't require, because leadership didn't want to reimburse that cost. Special projects included developing new programs geared to improve reimbursement, prevent rehospitslization, only for naught because once implemented staff were unable to manage within recommended best practice guidelines. Program was pulled to prevent negative outcomes & avoid deficiencies at survey times. Workloads became inhumane. Once behind managers were not interested in saving good employees....everyone was expendable.
Trust no one at Amedisys. Oh, it looks good with all the bells & whistles. They sing a great tune, but all of it is staged
Pros
Stock
Cons
Poor regard to employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight