Play YouTube video button

Amedisys Employee Reviews

United States1,517 reviews
Found 1,517 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Amedisys selected this as a representative review
Most amazing place I’ve ever worked!
If you have a caring soul and are a hard worker then this company is for you! I absolutely love my job and the people I work with! My team is wonderful even when we get busy and tensions start to rise. I couldn’t ask for a better work family! I love getting to know my patients and their families and I’m blessed to be the person that provides the care and support they need.
Acceptable Home Health Aid Buisness
I felt that the company would have a better rating in my eyes if the management was better. My biggest issue is the miscommunication between the three parties involved in a HHA's work life.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Bad Communication, Lack of Connection Between Workers
Great Working Environment
The office I work out of is wonderful. They have a large staff and everyone is very helpful and always available to answer questions or give guidance. Low turnover because the management team truly tries to help employees when needed and are always available and willing to listen to and address any concerns. I love this company. It is the best Home Health Care company I’ve worked for by far
Great Local Management
Local management fosters a team atmosphere. Birthdays and work anniversaries are celebrated. The staff get along well. Hopefully there won't be too many changes with the current virus pandemic.
Pros
teamwork, some flexibility
Avoid
Was a wonderful place to work when I started. New Director of Operations only cares about numbers. RNs are often asked to keep patients on service that do not meet Medicare requirements. When short staffed, 2 RN clinical managers sit in the office without offering to help make visits. This often runs over to the on call nurse (which is frequently one of the RN case managers). Wonderful team with very poor management which will eventually tear a team apart
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Overworked and underpaid
Little job security, inept leadership, no consistency between care centers. under compensated for the for all the work they expected to do. loved my clinical co workers
Nothing good to say about this branch...
Management is a joke. I have never worked for a company more unprofessional. DOO and CM were spiteful. Retaliation and Favoritism played a huge role..
Busy and productive caseload
Great place to work with high expectations. Good staff to work with, Staff is generally assigned to specific locations to decrease travel times between patents which helps with decreasing the length of the day.
Micromanaged and all about numbers
Micromanaged, undertrained and unqualified management. High turnover. Not alot of internal support specifically non clinical roles. If you are not a nurse or mgt you are nobody
Cons
Not a team environment, alot of favortisim
POOR leadership
Amedisys core values and principles are not enforced. Harassment, bullying, and racism is demonstrated within some of the facilities. Micromanagement and unethical practices are exhibited on a daily basis.
Terrible management
Management was not fair.. They talk poorly about staff.. not enough workers working and no blacks in office. Scheduling is hectic... shows favoritism....
Incredibly Poor Management/ Professionalism
Management lacks couth and professionalism. I have years of experience in management and as a clinician with close to 100% productivity, and was terminated via text messaging by a newer staff member I've never met. Supervisor would not respond to request to talk. Overall the company treats employees as if they're disposable. Communication and collaboration are non-existent. Negative culture overall.
Lovely company
Great company with supportive staff. Never made you feel like an outsider, wonderful to their staff and clients. Always flexible on scheduling to help you with your personal life also. A strongly structured and committed company. A lot of driving but a wonderful company. Would highly recommend this company for anyone interested in home health!
Great place
Best job ever. Great people to work with and for. There is a strong sense of inclusion and everyone is so caring and helpful. Many members of the team also do activities outside of work together. It’s a very supportive team and very positive environment.
Poor management and leadership
Amedisys 3 years ago was the best place I’ve ever worked. Over the past year new mgmt has evolved who care only about the bottom line. Staff is inconsiderate to patient needs and treats employees as disposable entities. Rude and disrespectful in the way they speak to employees
Pros
Patient base is great
Cons
Poor leadership
Good company to work for, with great opportunities. Very career oriented.
This company gives you the opportunity to train and advance in your field if you wish to travel. They are a fast moving forward company. They are very corporate driven in their methods while trying to stay small business. Sometimes the two just don’t mix.
Don’t do it
Amedisys used to be a caring place to work. The company lost its ceo in a hurricane a few years ago and it’s gotten unbearable since new takeover. Management DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. They use you up and spit you out.
Horrible
Likely the worst place I have worked. Poor management, poor leadership. Not sure how they stay in business. They closed down here a year after opening. Just say no...
Hospice case manager, sometimes felt unsafe in home
enviroments. Route was often spread over 3-4 counties.

Great Director and Medical Director, easy to work with, great

coworkers for the most part.
We are recruiters
Recruitment wears a lot of hats.
We have changes all the time.

It would be nice if management understood all we do.

We always get a list of stuff to do that is someone job.

Enough is enough having to help everyone do their job. We don't get the same help.

Our VP needs to be more assertive and stop always being the comic of the group. He comes back with information that seems like he gets dictated to. All he does is add more to our plates.
Excellent Staff and Supervisors
Great place to work. Would recommend to anybody who enjoys working with the elderly. Salary is competitive. Job satisfaction appears to be high. Enjoy the corporate culture.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight