Amedisys Employee Reviews

productive and fast passed job
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 9, 2018
the job is not hard, just alot of funtions to do in a day. Alot of changes due to the amount of staff that you are assigned to. You must be on top of your staff to make sure that they are exceeding the right amount of patients a day due to their productivity and lots of calls from patients asking for guidance on who is going out to see them and the time of the visit.
Amedisys
business office manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FL 33909December 6, 2018
I started out as a hospice aide, then 3 years or so in I took a new position as business office specialist. Switched back to an aide but filled in for the new BOS when needed. then moved out of state and transferred to a home care not office and to the position of BOS and BOM- business office manager.
review of Amdeisys
I started out as a part time hospice aide, after a few years I was asked to take the position. I loved working with the hospice side of the company. since then now 7 1/2 years later I have moved to another state I did transfer and took a new position again. I am the BOM and BOS, a lot more responsibilities, but I am up for the challenge. The transition was not smooth and the lack of training for the new part of the job was or is very frustrating.
Great Experience
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLDecember 5, 2018
Loved my Amedisys Team. Great company to work for! Tuition reimbursement is a great addition! Positive work atmosphere and show great pride in our care for our patients.
Great Company
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 4, 2018
Home health is not for everyone, travel can be rough in bad weather. Work hours vary. 8 to 5 it all depends on your planning and organization. Schedule often changes to meet patients needs, flexibility a must. Fair pay, easy going management.
Pros
Often breakfast served, flexibility
Cons
Schedule changes
Enjoyed my co-workers and patient care
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Winchester, TNDecember 3, 2018
HR is not supportive of the Directors.

Applied for advancement different times. Jobs filled prior to job posting.

The hardest part of the job was retaining visiting staff. Not enough hours in the day to complete all that Amedisys requires of you.

Office staff there for years but they also get to leave at 5pm
Pros
Insurance is expensive but good. 401K match is good.
Cons
Poor Advancement.
Work life balance was very poor and difficult.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 3, 2018
I did learn more about medications, disease processes, and insurances. Work life balance became very poor. The pay and benefits were great. Too much micromanaging occurred.
Lots of charting!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MD 21801December 3, 2018
Flexible schedule but excessive amounts of charting. Slow turn around time for EMR getting put into place to allow proper documentation. Multiple nights, days and weekends spent charting after hours, without compensation.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Excessive charting
Stressful but good team . Poor management
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2018
The mission of the company is great. Management not supportive with unrealistic expectations and lack of knowledge of the business. Best part of the job was working with the care centers as well as co-workers.
Pros
Great people with belief in the mission. Good compensation and benefits.
Cons
Management poor and expectations unrealistic
good company to work for
Clinical manager assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 28, 2018
Amedisys accommodates schedules and has a good pay scale. They offer good insurance package and have incentives for working weekends and holidays. overall good company
Great pay and flexibilty/ Expensive Benefits
VISITING NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYNovember 24, 2018
I love working at Amedisys, the compensation is great and work schedule is flexible. As a nurse I'm able to provide quality care to patients because of flexibility. The benefits are kind of pricey
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
expensive benefit package
high turnover rate
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCNovember 19, 2018
Poor home life/work balance. Promised you will only work 1 night, as backup on-call, every 6 to 8 weeks. people quit and you end up working several nights, weekends and holidays, both as primary RN and as Backup RN. admissions are put onto case managers at the last minute and you are expected to type them up over the weekend, on your own time. IDT notes also take a long time to type up. these must be typed up on your own time, as well. very little personal time.
Pros
nice people
Cons
too much on-call coverage by RN Case Managers
Amedysis was my first job as a home health care RN
Home Care Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32606November 14, 2018
They taught me everthing that I know about being a home care nurse. It was Amedysis that made me love home care. I was scared at first since I hadn't ever done home care before. The supervisor mentored me and gave me the courage and confidence that I needed to succeed . I wouldn't do any other kind of nursing now.
Pros
they have your back
Cons
can't remember any
Not Enough Info
Business Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2018
I didn't work for Amedisys long enough to give a proper review. Though I really enjoyed my time there and the people I worked with, but most of the management has changed since I left.
24/7 jobs
Registered Nurse -Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brent, ALNovember 9, 2018
I Enjoy the job with my patients but i Take too much work home, and feels as if I never get a break from work. Pay and flexibility is great I would like to go home with my work
great place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midland City, ALNovember 6, 2018
great place to work..awesome work and life balance along with great management..dependable work and I love interacting with patients and helping them learn different ways to improve overall life
not a good company to work for
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 4, 2018
Very poor management, short staffed, worked very long hours due to not enough nurses. High turnover, no Oasis training!! Not a good place to work!!Run!!!!
Productive company
Area Vice President of Operations (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 4, 2018
Lead conference calls. Meet with staff. Run financial reports. Work with Clinical and Business development daily. Travel weekly to all 9 care centers.
loved my Director & supervisor
o Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLNovember 1, 2018
Working for Amedisys was great until the change of management
I love my office but the upper management is all about the $$ and not the patient/employee satisfaction
High Employee Turnover
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDOctober 30, 2018
High turnover results from staff being treated as expendable. The company culture that is reported at the nationwide level is very different as it trickles down to the various care center. For-profit hospice and very numbers-driven.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight