Amedisys

United States2,058 reviews

Found 2,058 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,064 reviews
patientvisithospicenursecliniciandooamedysisoffice

Good place to start

Is a good company to start and learn the field of home care. I appreciated the learning process and the support I had until I was required to perform more than 30 pts at week. Unfortunately, they are so disorganized with scheduling.

What is the best part of working at the company?Meeting pts and their familiesWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Poor communication, lack of trust from management, management wot(ing outside of Hospice guidelinesWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Poor, staff were told they did not need to be in the office. Needed supplies were not availableWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Getting schedule, addressing ongoing daily schedule changes. Having to address unrealistic expectations.

Amedisys insights

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Would not recommend - Saint Louis

Unrealistic job expectations. You could literally work 12 hours a day and still not meet the expectations that are given.Not enough staff, keep taking new patients and can’t even take care of existing ones. Company needs to start refresh and reorganize current structure. I’ve never been talked to and treated the way I did at this company. Work is too much and too stressful, they make it hard to want to work there. Cried more at this job than any job I’ve had ever.

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing when I worked for the company they were not diverse and they were racistWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?They expect one person to do all the work the work load is not evenly distributed What is the work environment and culture like at the company?If you were part of the click you were ok you didn’t have to really work I worked in the officeWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I know longer work there it was to stressful after 10 years my health took a real beating

Great place to work, unfortunately no patients

Worked as a field nurse doing skilled nursing visits. Love, loved my director and my supervisor.2 issues....1.No RN support from field case managers made me feel like a lone wolf. 2. No patients for me in area in which I was hired and ensured full time work made me drive further and further for far less patients, until the point I was working less than full time.Sadly that ended my tour with the company. I absolutely loved my job, felt supported by my director, even paying for my IV certification. Company car which I could use for personal-fleet card with low cost to enter Fleet program. I'd go back quite honestly if the caseload was in my area, and given the current climate with local hospitals aligning with other agencies, don't see that happening.

Amedisys - Great People and Environment

The people at Amedisys are wonderful! You really feel like you are one of the family/team as soon as you join. The learning opportunities and training provided are very much appreciated!

Team-oriented

Very team-oriented and supportive of employees for the most part. Training was adequate and fairly thorough. Not much opportunity for growth especially in salary negotiations.

Decent place to work.

Great pay. As long as you’re busy. Documentation is the main con. High turnover with management. Somewhat inconsistent expectations. Team is great, although somewhat undervalued.

Pros

Pay, the patients

Cons

Documentation, high office turnover

What is the best part of working at the company?Ethical and inclusive relationships with leadership What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Work life balance is not too goodWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Team oriented and open door leaders What is a typical day like for you at the company?Hectic and fast paced but very engag

Challenging but rewarding

Decent benefits but great training, wish that there was a work life balance. Not much room for advancement in your career but great starting salary with yearly merit increases.

What is the best part of working at the company?Company Benefits (PTO)What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everything else, especially working with office personnel that do not have any people skillsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment is terrible, because we have a poor example of leadership What is a typical day like for you at the company?Extremely stressful

Management doesn’t care about outcomes

Management cares more about numbers than patient outcomes . Constantly overscheduled and all field staff are burnt out so the turnover rate is high .

Not so great

Bad place to work run you to death, overwork you put you down and supervisor sleep in office I have seen many employees flip out because of how the management handled them and it didn’t have to go the way it did

Management with poor ethics

The admin team was awful though. They lied to patients and manipulated them to get them to agree to admissions; even when they did not want hospice care. There was massive amounts of turnover. They did not really seemed to care, they were dismissive and honestly really never made anyone feel like they were part of the team. I had worked for the Scottsdale branch previously and was injured and never had these issues. It was a totally different experience, so I know the company has the potential to be great. Just not that branch. It was harried.

What is the best part of working at the company?The other workers, such as other therapists, nurses, social worker, and the payWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Too many patients in too many counties( 5 to 7 counties covered), too much paperwork, terrible, redundant IT for documentationWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?It was terrible with nurses allowed to do poor care and covered up by mgr ( Daphne), use of HHA to increase dependency vs OT to increase independenceWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Long and stressful-- lots of miles to cover and too much documentation having to be done at home and on weekends

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing, Management were not doing their job. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Being the only one in the office working What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Not good, I had to have a surgery and was let go because after a couple days I had a weight limit for a week not to lift over 10 pounds. I was the Business Office Manager I did not have to lift more to do my job. I turned the General Manager in for doing nothing but looking for a new house at work.

Great team, good company

Great management supportHospice is very stressful but support or co-workers helps.Lots of continuing education Good benefit package, fair amount of paid time off

Good report with fellow nursing cohorts

Able to plan day effectively. Good interactions with family and patients. Management not supportive and micromanaged time put in to ensure families were adequately prepared to take care of patient. Attrition rate is high due to this. Hardest part was being acknowledged for good work. Only the inner cliques were able to be advanced. Most enjoyable moment was resignation

Pros

Development of Strong education for preparation for hospice and end of life care

Cons

Management as a whole

No training at all & high turnover

They expected an outlandish number of in-person contacts per day, even during COVID.This was one of the worst career decisions I have ever made.Do not work for their DFW locations.

Okay workplace

Flexible schedule. Not compensated well for drive time. Work and life balance difficult to manage. Communication among team members lacking. Corporate does nothing to show appreciation. Yearly cost of living raises are insignificant

Healthcare overall is hard. Some of the best caregivers work here. Most of those that leave eventually come back. Company overall tries very hard to make patients and employees top priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight