Amedisys Employee Reviews

Found 1,077 reviews matching the search See all 1,080 reviews
great place to work
LPN (PRN) (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 17, 2018
Amedisys Home Health is a great place to work. You will have unlimited help and resources any time you need it. It is a different pace and you have to learn to work on your own and be independent. You have to be responsible to yourself and your patients and complete your notes and communicate with the staff. Its not for everyone but its worth the time and effort to see if you would like to be a part of a great company.
Pros
a lot of experience will be gained
Cons
lots of miles....
Cut-throat and extremely stressful. They care nothing about your work-life balance.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 11, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They lie to you on a daily basis. First they will tell you that you will see at least 7 patients a day when hired. Reality is you only see 4-5 on average and literally fight everyone else who wants to take the visits away from you. If you consult with a manager, they will most likely yell at you for the complaint, then turn right around and ask you why you didnt meet productivity. Bottom line is, they may cut you to 3 visits on one day, then expect you to see 12 visits the next day. At the end of an 8+ hour day, you have to get home and CHART for another two to three hours. Then they require you to complete computer based training every quarter totaling another 20+ hours away from family time, or you cant work at all. Plus you do it for roughly half the regular wages. So... There is no work life balance at all. Its all about them, not the employee. They dont pay you for your trip to your first patient or your drive home, even if the last patient is an hour from home. The mileage is roughly 10+ cents less than the national average, and they will tell you to deduct the other 10+ cents on you taxes. Not that easy, unless you write down every single mile in detail for the entire year for the IRS.
Pros
It's a paycheck if you cant get a job at McDonald's or Walmart!
Cons
Stress, never knowing what work you will or won't have from day-to-day, buried alive in unpaid paperwork, communication is horrible at best, never paid for all of your work or mileage, the insurance gets worse every year, the board forced it's founder and Original CEO Bill Bourne, (The greatest boss and inspiration in my lifetime), out the door for being good to the real-life everyday worker's!!
very rewarding but Life consuming.
CLINICAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 11, 2018
Hospice is an incredibly rewarding line of work but it is a calling and very difficult to draw boundary lines. Getting corporate and management to know what a day is like is impossible and it is very difficult to do what they think should be expected.
Pros
helping patients and familys
Cons
Balancing home and work, On Call
Amedisys
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE/PHYSICIAN LIAISON (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2018
Company is very demanding numbers mean everything at the end of the day. I don't really hav emuch to say but , get your experience and get out of the company. Money making is the key.
Pros
good benenfits
Cons
lack of training where needed
Corporate company is great, but each site is an island
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  TNOctober 10, 2018
I greatly enjoyed promoting hospice, it is something I believe in and was proud of my contribution and ability to help families in need. The corporate environment is very positive, though the training was pathetic. Upper management is very approachable and asks for feedback- but nothing comes of it. My problem is each office is basically an island into itself, some are great and some are horrific. Unfortunately I worked for a horrific one. So much depends on the DOO, without a strong director the office can't perform. The DOO at my center was in over her head and it showed, like having a medical director with an expired license. The only nurses were 50/50 of really great with a hospice heart and downright awful,.couldn't find another job. After 3.months.of service failures, resulting in patient suffering and premature death with nothing being done to change or fix the issues and no reprecussions to those at fault I started looking for another job. I was extremely disappointed that when I spoke with corporate about the issues and some blatent laws being broken in regard to medication transport and disposal nothing was done, nothing changed, not even a meeting to discuss the issues.
Pros
Great service, good corporate culture
Cons
To many service failures, nothing done about complaints, nurses with bad attitudes making fun of dying patients
Great company, but the office you work for makes a HUGE difference
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 8, 2018
overall its a great company, but how well organized, flexible your schedule, and etc etc all depends on the office you work for. I enjoyed working for the Chattanooga office very much, but not happy with the office I currently work for.
Whatever you do.. DONT work here!!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 4, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They lie to you and tell you that you will see at least 7 patients a day when hired. Reality is you only see 4-5 a day (you honestly can’t even fit more because you’re driving an hour to each patient) by the time you’re done working 8+ hours of the day you have to get home and CHART for another two hours. There is no work life balance here. These people expect you to be working all day everyday. You literally work 12 hours a day and only get paid per visit. These people do not care about their employees. They act like they love and care, but then they turn around and fire you with no notice because they are not busy enough. I have been a nurse for 5+ years and have never in my life seen such a horrible company, and such cold hearted people. This company does not care for their patients, it’s all numbers and charts for them. So sad! Hope they get shut down sooner or later.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Horrible pay, don’t care about their employees, all around horrible.
Great opportunity in sales
Hospice/Home Health Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 3, 2018
This company had the best of intentions but often fell short with nursing staffing and had difficulty living up to expectations due to a constant nursing shortage. Other than this hurdle it was a great place to work
Excellent place of employment
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAOctober 2, 2018
Amedisys gave me the opportunity to expand my knowledge with autonomy in the community caring for my elderly psychiatrist patients along with med surge experience.
Disorganized
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSOctober 1, 2018
More about $$ than the patients or workers. Set rate for seeing a patient, then all documentation + is on the clinician, for free. Management could have been better.
pleasant work environment
Home Health Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 30, 2018
was just starting in this area, so work was inconsistent and cases often far apart with increased travel time which you don't get paid for. manager very supportive
Management chaos
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 26, 2018
Management does not seem to know how to smoothly operate a home care agency. Scheduling is a mess. Follow through seems to fail. This is my 3rd home care agency and it needs serious improvement.
Do not recommend employment with this company
Registered Nurse Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PASeptember 25, 2018
Would not recommend employement with this company. They do not value good employees and too often work the nurses into the ground. They have a terrible benefits package
Excellent company to work for
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 22, 2018
Loved everyday going to work. Excellent team co-workers and management. Company has closed all their California locations. I would have loved to retire from Amedysis.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no cons
always has a low census
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2018
i travel to patients homes and provide care as in bathe the patient make there beds clean up their area if needed. I enjoy helping the patient feel comfortable
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
low census
The worst job I ever had, upper management is horrible, micro manage driven
Employee (Former Employee) –  Montgomery AlSeptember 18, 2018
Run from the montgomery al location extreme turn over, unorganized, vp’s for that location are bullies they make your job very difficult!! Very unhappy and unpleasant place to work!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
Unhappy
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Batesville, ARSeptember 17, 2018
I do not like being paid per client. When patient load is down so are our paychecks. CNA's are not treated with respect. I do not feel that I can confide in any of the office staff. We do not get recognized for our performance . We do not receive any bonuses at all . We are not paid enough for our milage .
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No break's
Excellent place to work
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALSeptember 16, 2018
Opportunities for advancement
Continuing education
Administration was very approachable
Working meetings with great opportunities
Friendly but demanding and add extra work to an already documentation heavy setting
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNSeptember 16, 2018
Inconsistent in message of how to effectively/properly carry out your job functions in a changing setting and add their own process changes constantly.
review
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Masontown, PASeptember 14, 2018
When I started at Amedisys I was told I would have a certain territory, after working there for 3 years, now I am told that no one has a certain area to work in I drive an extreme amount that I feel is unnecessary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight