Amedisys Employee Reviews

Fast paced, one on one patient care, utilize nursing skills,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 24, 2018
Fast paced, requires you to be very organized. If you struggle with time management, you will struggle with home health. Paid per visit, and mileage or you have the ability to have fleet car, if you meet mileage requirement. Logging hours for charting done at home allows for being paid overtime when needed. On call once a month for 1 week at a time, compensation for this as well. Best nursing job I have had, because of being able to be one on one with patients and educate them about different disease processes without interruption. Amedisys also offers alot of education specifically for chf or copd with its own education pieces/protocol, very helpful for patients. Scheduling is a beast due to large coverage area, but all co-workers pull together for patients and most productive outcomes for all, management allows flexibility of clinical input to assist with scheduling.
Pros
One on one care, flexibility
Cons
Fluctuation in client caseload, scheduling due to territory
Clinical Assessment Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 23, 2018
You had an unrealistic goals to hit on a daily basis with minimal staff. The end of the month was horrible and you worked 16+ hours a day to get finished what needed to be completed. Management would not entertain the idea of adding additional employees to help lighten the load.
Cons
Uncaring management
long hours at work and then hours of computer work at home every night
Field Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 21, 2018
No consideration givin to driving a hundred fifty to two hundred miles a day but still expected to see a full load of patients. No family life do you to doing computer work at home after work hours. On call is treated as any other work day and you are givIn a full schedule each day you are on call on the weekend. You work 12 days straight when you are on call for the weekend with no days off in between. Treat you like another number.
Pros
coworkers are nice
Cons
no home life
Stressful
BUSINESS OFFICE SPECIALIST-RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 18, 2018
Stressful- Many staffing issues- Large turn around. Minimal training.
Poor management. Staff over worked. No incentives. The only positive was the PTO time.
Amedisys was a great place to work.
Database Administrator, Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 17, 2018
I enjoyed working with the AMS3 team. Most teammates knew their responsibilities and were held accountable. Everyone was treated with respect and compensation was fair.
Pros
Cons
Systems were outsourced
Nice place to work
Present PRN (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed working for Amedisys Hospice. I enjoyed assisting families and patients pass away with dignity, compassion, and grace. The other employees are awesome.
Productive place to work
Care Transition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLApril 13, 2018
Great experience! They treat employees well. I was given a car, a credit card for work expenses, great pay and incentive bonuses. I learned so much. I set my schedule and carried out my plans and goals. I am self motivated and grew the business. My manager was very approachable and a great leader and developer. I was able to use my creative skills and customer service skills to grow our business. I targeted physicians, hospitals, Rehabs, assisted livings, wound centers and dialysis centers. We offer skilled services to patients with medical needs. Follow up and communication skills are a must for this position.
Stressful environment
Regulatory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 13, 2018
The job can be very stressful and the pay is low. There are a lot of details and paperwork when dealing with other States. Waiting on information from other departments in order to get your work submitted is the worst.
Pros
It's a job but they offer massages and a exercise room.
Cons
Not enough pay
good experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 13, 2018
good place to work if you are looking for a more flexible schedule, and above average pay compared to what local hospital/rehab nursing positions offer.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
poor internal communication
high work load
Hospice Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 12, 2018
high work load, very rewarding work, on-call requirements. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the fact that your clients are terminally ill.
Great
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 10, 2018
Overall great place to work. The pay was poor! I loved working on my own, one on one with the patients and family members. Learning from some of the rn's.
Pros
Working independantly
Cons
Pay
salary / management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 9, 2018
When you go into the orginal interview, you are given the expectations to meet. They do not account for travel time in between patients that could be up to 1 hr away from each other. Management not good, does not listen to employee opinions even though asked. Half way through your first year the expections suddenly change and you are working 10 hrs for only seeing 5 patients due to travel time and not compensated. I would not recommend this company to any other nurse. I have heard the same from therapists and aides in the company as well.
An excellent place to work
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILApril 9, 2018
Amedisys was an excellent place to work. The management team was supportive and knowledgeable and fun. The management team was well educated and always available to help. The company was well staffed and nurses rarely left.
Pros
The work culture was condusive to growth
Cons
Lots of changes
awful environment. negative all the way to the top management
manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 2, 2018
Awful environment. AVP and other upper management allowed your co workers to threaten and harass each other and branch managers. No one cared and they all talked about each other negatively as well. very negative work environment
Pros
Cons
all of it.
It could be better
Business Office Specialist, Scheduler (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 28, 2018
The local Tucker management office needs to be stream lined on staffing issues. The employees are very nice and pleasant until you ask them to see a patient that's not theirs. Which makes a persons day a little rough, especially since it happens almost every day. Though my pleasure comes from my conversations with the patients. When I contact a patient to inform them of a technician change; usually they get upset. Once I tell them about the Tech and assure them that they will be well taken care of. Their attitude changes and they receive the Tech with open arms. I usually call the patient to learn how the appointment went; I'm glad to say they were very pleased.
Pros
Low traffic area
Cons
Lunch is at your desk, long hours, no bonuses
worst year of my life
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Masontown, PAMarch 27, 2018
-ridiculous call, worked 15 days of call my first month
-unpaid hour, supposed to be 8-5 but 99% of the time its not
-very poor orientation, a computer and 2 weeks with another nurse will be your orientation.
-unreal expectations
-hostile office environment
Expectation from leadership is often unrealistic
Leadership and Management (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 27, 2018
work/ life balance is poor
most enjoyable experience with patient care - patient satisfaction is high
quality of patient care is high
training programs are good
the new hire process is strenuous for anyone not absolutely self-directed, self-motivated & driven to achieve
attention to delivery of care utilizing industry best-practices is good
Pros
competitive wages and benefits
Cons
poor work/ life balance, employee disatisfaction is high
Excellent learning experience
AVP BD, HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE SALES (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 26, 2018
Great place to learn home health and hospice LOB's. Solid management and growth opportunities. Solid management team. great opportunity to expand management skill sets and manage profitability.
Pros
Exellent learning opportunity
Cons
Quite a bit of travelling
Poor culture and poor communication from management to staff
Home Health Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 25, 2018
Very little consideration for work life balance. Poor follow up from area management as it relates to staffing issues, educational resources and lack of concern for well being of staff level providers.
Pros
Financially profitable
Cons
See above
why do I have to fill this out
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 24, 2018
I don't like creating reviews for previous employers, and this company no longer operates in Baton Rouge..............................................................
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Cut-throat management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight