Amedisys

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great culture, supportive staff, varied hours that severely affected your paycheck every week.

I have no complaints about this company other than not having security of pay and hours. My position was only offered as per diem, being paid per visit. Some days I would be very busy, some days I would only be able to see 1-2 people, or none if there were cancellations. Great company, though, very friendly supportive team and staff. Sometimes it was confusing to know who to report to for individual questions or problems.

Pros

CEUs we’re paid time Free CPR classes

Cons

No security of pay or hours for per diem

Rewarding

Great benefits, support and above average pay. Love to go to work. The culture is team and family oriented. Opportunities to increase education and get CEs.

Pros

support, benefits, pay, and team environment

Cons

workload can be high, whichcan be stressful. But thisis the nature of hospice

Terrible company, terrible management

The working environment is toxic. Employees are not happy, they are overworked, overwhelmed, and unappreciated by management. Poor communication throughout. Insurance plans are expensive and offer minimal coverage. The only positive about the company is that they pay competitively and working hours are flexible.

Good Company

It’s a good company, but it’s still a company. The patients are wonderful, coworkers are competent and provide great care, management tries to advocate for the employees. In the end it’s a company and they’re in it to make money, the reimbursement rates fluctuate often to reflect this. More work is added, points are decreased. They pay well, but you definitely work for it. Charting is excessive and very time consuming, but that’s home health and oasis. Benefits are average and costly as with most places now.

Pros

High earning potential

Cons

Poor work life balance, excessive charting

Great company to work for

Flexible and good sense of Trust in what you do. Great benefits and very Management is respectful to Me as an employee. Co workers provide good work environment.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Long hours documenting

Documentation is long, and at times repetitive. Corporate makes changes and updates and doesn't realize the redundancy of the changes. Unpaid hours and paid per visit, difficult if not enough patients to see

Really great Company

Amedisys takes care of their employees especially throughout the Corona pandemic. Management is excellent, always an open door policy and they will work with you throughout any issues that may arise. This feels more like family rather than a job. Paperwork is bothersome at times but the flexibility of the job is priceless.

Pros

Flexibility and Compensation

Cons

Documentation

Initially a great place but changed out time.

Ok, for short term or temporarily work. I didn’t enjoy my work after one year of being employed there. Very high staff turn over rate. Low pay, low mileage reimbursement and low overall job satisfaction.

Policy inconsistency & deceitful.

● Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Amedisys is neutral.● Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Amedisys are substandard.● Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Amedisys, I think it's insecure.● ManagementIn general, managers at Amedisys are incompetent. I've had 11 managers in 6 yrs.● CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Amedisys is can be disappointing with some.● OverallMy experience working at Amedisys starting off being fulfilling but gradually changed over the years.

Run, Run far far far away

If you are thinking of working for this company, please don’t. They claim to be all about patient care when in reality they are just chasing numbers. The field clinicians are overworked. The office staff is greatly under appreciated. Regional and corporate leadership are so out of touch with the day to day work and again all about numbers and money. Through the pandemic when the risk of spread has been high care centers could easily have been closed and office staff provided the opportunity to work remotely but nope not unless your a corporate big wig. All of the field staff got a bonus for hazard pay, while the office staff had it rubbed in their face and got nothing. The insurance is cheap but the deductible is several thousand dollars. The PTO is a joke. For the first five years you accrue a little over 5 hours every two weeks. Seriously? Not even a day. Oh and if your office staff be prepared for no lunch break. They think the scheduler is the bottom of the food chain and the only person who should answer the phone. I wish I had done more research before working for this company.

Pros

6 paid holidays per year

Cons

No lunch breaks, lack of paid time off, no recognition, low pay, micromanaged

Feels like family

Fantastic managers, great work/life balance and a really rewarding place to work. The most difficult part of the job is the changes with covid but the organization is doing a great job of keeping all staff informed and protected.

Pros

Good compensation, great work atmosphere

Started off well...

When I first started working at Amedisys, things are going very well. The productivity requirement was 30 visits per week, a minimum of 25 visits per week in order to maintain full-time status. Once pay model changed to a point system where a routine visit counted for .9 points and the productivity requirement increased to 32 points per week (35.6 visits a week for those of you doing the math), it became clear that the main driving force for Amedisys was volume not quality. I was asked every week why the hours worked were more than the number of points, based off of some unknown metric established by Amedisys. When I did the math, I was spending an average of 1 hour and 12 mins per patient, this includes call time the day before AND the morning off the visit to establish schedule, calls to MD offices, calls with other disciplines, the travel time, and the actual visit itself. For every 10 patients I saw, I essentially was paid for 9 and Amedisys got one visit for free because of their pay model. They will not pay hourly and will not pay salary unless you are in an administration role.

Pros

High pay rate

Cons

Pay rate is all inclusive, very hard to reach the corporate threshold for “excessive mileage” to account for productivity

Doesn't give you a feeling of team, make difference with workers. Management at my office is not understandable.

Wouldn't recommend my family to company. More concerned about money and not the workers. No kind of incentive to feel appreciated but they recommend you give 120% and they don't reward you with a yearly raise. The 9 yrs I've gotten 3 raises. Communication is non existent if your position isn't on the high scale.

Pros

Meeting patients and there family

Cons

Under r paid, over worked

Excellent Culture and Leadership

Leadership and company culture is consistently focused on caring for patients and the caregivers of patients. This mindset is what guides most decisions. Excellent compensation packages as well.

Happy Hospice Nurse

I have worked here for just shy of a year, and it's the best job I've ever had! We have an awesome team, and the administration is extremely supportive. I have never felt so appreciated, and our management really go out of their way to make sure we have everything we need to get to our patients within the confines of the work day. I will say that documentation can be time consuming, but as long as you do your best to document before you leave each visit, your off time really is yours.

Pros

Great support, wonderful patients, autonomy, fantastic support within the IDG team, including the physicians!

Cons

Documentation can consume home time if you dont get it done during the visit, but practice makes perfect, and after several months of practice, I rarely find myself documenting at home. The position is also salary where I am, so overtime is not something you typically see

No expectations, no limits.

After being with this company for well over five years, there are no limits. Management is poor at times and frequently changes. The pay is per visit, not salaried, and they take advantage of that by overloading your schedule. I have a great team that I love and is the only reason i have stayed. Upper management is all about money, getting the visits in, and admitting new patients even without the staff to see them. Money hungry company. No passion for their patients, that is up to the field clinicians.

Pros

They might remember your “week” or “month” celebrating you

Cons

Minimal bonus. Minimal raises.

Great Experience

Great earning potential for motivated and organized nurses. There is a lot of documentation required, but the flexibility is unparalleled. Compensation is good but benefits are a bit costly.

Pros

Flexibility, autonomy, training.

Cons

Extensive documentation.

The Leaders in Amedisys truly care about the employees.

Amedisys fosters a culture of inclusiveness and teamwork. I feel that I am a valued team member and my opinion counts. Our CEO truly cares about employees--whether the employees are remote, or face to face with patients.

Pros

competitive salary, flexibility with working hours

Cons

IT challenges-being remote makes this more difficult

Good place to work.

Company has pros and cons. Pro,small office, lots of travel mileage reimbursement. Management cares about your opinion. Cell phone reimbursement. Paid holidays.Good insurance, vision insurance.The ability to grow into other positions.

Pros

Good group of people.

Some good things..not many

I saw up 8-14 patients a day, including a mix of SOC, ROCs, visits, Recerts, wounds, etc. They didn't care about the amount of work load they put on you, as long as you did it. Put our names up on a board with our transmissions time, made sure the ones falling behind were known to the whole office. Those were also the most productive and worn out employees. Benefits are awful..high deductible health insurance to save money for the company. A trip to Doctor's Care for 2 kids with Flu..$300. Good PTO accrual though. Decent charting system. My DOO tried hard and had a big heart.

Pros

Decent charting emr, Pto

Cons

health insurance horrible, work load unbearable

Official response from Amedisys

June 22, 2020
Thank you for this feedback. We're so sorry you did not have a good experience here and wish you the best of luck in your career journey!

nope

Work life blance is terrible, management doesn't seem to care about this for employees. You are their work horse. They do not pay what they quote you and don't tell you until after you're hired. Ridiculous standards. Ask all questions you can up front and make sure you get the right answer. The training pay is 10 dollars less an hour than the quoted base rate. For 2 months you're paid this training pay. I was on my own by week 2 and still being paid training pay. Its bull. Avoid

Official response from Amedisys

June 22, 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amedisys. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Amedisys with

• Amedisys
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?