Amegy Bank Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Post-Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 2, 2019
Good company with great managers
Working environment was amazing.
Trading was great. Computer software was the best and everyone was helpful.
Nice clean break room
Pros
Good location
Cons
Woods
Terrible management
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 9, 2019
Micromanaging was rampant and most managers do absolutely no actual work and simply have their roles because of the fraternization and personal relationships they foster amongst themselves and their immediate supervisors.
Poor Management and Culture
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2019
Horrible management at the ft worth location, micro managed toxic culture for both employees and customers. Poor benefits and no job advancement. Managers will lie on you,
Pros
Cons
short breaks, micro managers, uneducated management.
Amegy
Lead Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2019
Good job, easy enough. Sales are pushed, can't speak for all branches but general manager made it difficult to enjoy work. Sad situation, company needs better insurance.
Nice place to work
Bankcard Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2019
Take customer calls and resolve bankcard and account issues. Some managers are very knowledgeable and willing to help. The best thing about the job was my coworkers great group of people.
Pros
Talking with great people
Cons
need a more up to date system
The overall culture of the company is great! The support of Leadership... eh
Associate Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 10, 2019
I can say that the ideology of the company’s core values is truly one that allows people to get behind and support! There is a sense of small bank feel with big bank products. The customers appreciate the personal touch that many “BIG” banks forget.

It was the lack of support that upper management failed to deliver. The talk was there but when it came down to delivering it fell flat. I should clarify that when I say “upper management” It was more so mid management. Specifically more of the Retail Area Management. The Executive Management always seem to stay consistent with their actions and words. The Retail Area Mgmnt lacked the commitment and consistency of being great leaders.

The Field Operations Management (aka Auditors) are in consistent with holding the branches accountable to the company’s policy and procedures, based on the regions. When challenging results or findings of internal audits - be sure to document and have your support to back yourself up. Even then don’t get your hopes up. I was even told that if I wanted to “continue to press a matter” that I could but that ... and I quote verbatim “you will loose so you decide”. Classless.
Pros
Great collaborations between lines of businesses, Business Banking Team one of the best I’ve worked with!
Cons
Dallas Retail Area Management lack of consistency, lack of confidence in support. Retail Field Ops (ROSM) horrible attitude and horrible support!
Productive and Fast Paced yet stressful
Bank Teller II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2019
Working for Amegy Bank gives many different aspects for working for a bank. Although it can be quite stressful to handle with so many rules as well as policy and procedures, the extreme complex system this retail bank holds while prepare you for any task that comes your way. Most definitely you should be qualified to work at any retail bank if you decide to move on from this bank. Be prepared to learn a lot of information so once learned, you'll be able to handle every task. Last but not least, this bank gives you a great amount of banking experience in which you learn a lot about finances and how banking accounts work (including loans, mortgages, insurance, credit, etc). Nonetheless, this job may be stressful at times, but at the end of the day, you will have a lot of knowledge about banking.
Pros
Paid sick days, Paid time off
Cons
Interferes with personal life
Not my cup of tea
Client Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2019
A typical day at work was busy. Workplace culture was competitive and stressful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a difficult co-worker who was supposed to train me but did not. I'm sure most people would find this a great place to work, but I prefer a more casual, relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful
I enjoyed the different office participation on special events
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 9, 2019
- Wait on customers & assist with their banking transactions.

- I did all the monthly review of paperwork for the teller line

- The hardest part of my job was working with a much younger group
of people & trying to find common ground to build a relationship with
them.

- The best part of the job was helping people & resolving any issues
or answering questions they had.
Pros
Company sponsored activities
Cons
Always had to work the evening shift
Good structured environment and positive attitude.
LEAD SR LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 7, 2019
Processed all types of loans submitted from loan officer such as purchases and refinances of loans already in the lenders servicing pipeline. Worked closely with loan officer, underwriter and closer to meet all closing date requirements.
Pros
Located close to home with overtime offered as needed.
Cons
Company did not actively solicit or offer FHA or VA loans.
Average workplace
Teller II 30hrs/week (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Slow paced work environment
Management could use more training
Co workers were friendly
Culture of the company went downhill when they were acquired by zions
Nice work place
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Nice work environment but the benefits could be better. With the company 10yrs and I just don't like the direction the bank is currently going but the management is great.
I was a nice experience working with Amergy Bank but exploring new ideas and other Domains paved way for looking for a new job.
MANUAL TESTER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 4, 2019
Personally I like woking the Company looking at the Team spirit that was displayed during my service. My management were supportive at all times and will go extra mile to make sure the desired goals achieved.
Teller review
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 3, 2019
No opportunity for growth. Promotions based on who the manager favors. Work is easy, not hard once you get the hang of it. Bank closes early so that is nice. scheduled every day to work Mon-Sat rarely any days off.
Good place to work with good people
Senior Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2018
Good environment to work in but need to be better at promoting and growing people from within the company. Working at headquarters, the people are for the most part friendly.
Great leadership and culture. Focus on customer service and doing the right thing.
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2018
Amegy has a credit training program that is a great way to learn the lending business and become a well-rounded banker. The culture of Amegy is very good which starts from the top-down. Definitely a great place to work for women, good benefits, and work/life balance.
Poor working environment. No training - expected to do jobs not connected with job description hired for.
PRIVATE BANKING LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2018
Okay bank to work for. Not much cooperation from upper management and middle management too afraid of losing their jobs to take care of any problems. Seems like any issues that were brought to someone's attention were not important to discuss. After speaking with employees at other branches, I was told they have some of the same issues.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Supervisor not interested in too much except her own advancement, discrimanated against when management found out what my age was, nothing could be proved, but the people over me continued to try to get me to quit.
Production and work place fun
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 9, 2018
a typical day at work consist of maintain your pipeline, making sure files are submitted to underwriting in a timely manner, so they will close on time. The hardest part was whe a property had flood insurance needs. Most enjoyable part of this job when client give a great review once their loan ha closed.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free items given doing Amegy's anniversery week
Steady workflow with excellent Senior Management Team
Office Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2018
Working at Amegy has given me a range of experiences. The Senior leadership is by far the most genuine about not only customers but their employees. They always go above and beyond to ensure that employees are happy. They are never in to much of rush to stop and chat and ask about how you are doing. It is the little things from them that are really carried down that enhance the culture.
Provided training to allow growth within company
Loan Department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
For the most part it was a pleasure working at Amegy. Great teamwork environment and plenty of cross training to allow coverage at all times. Could work on being a bit more understanding when it came to taking time off for emergencies.
Pros
Great teamwork and staff
Cons
Not very understanding when taking time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amegy Bank. Our community is ready to answer.