Amelies French bakery Employee Reviews

great pay and also great hours
Barista (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2018
the only thing negative about working here is that you have to deal with the egos of people and deal with office politics. everyone is extremely friendly however i wouldn't recommend trying to be buddy buddy with everyone.
Great Experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2018
I loved working at Amelie's. The owners and management helped me tremendously and I will never forget their care and compassion they showed me. The skills they taught me were invaluable and I still use them in my daily life today.
Pros
Diverse cultures
Cons
No raises.
Clique Club
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2018
Even if you are a good worker, be careful. Management is young with little experience in a management role. The current manager took over for another manager that was relocated to a different location. The culture and environment changed from positive to negative very quickly. If you work here, watch your back. The management acts very unprofessional, yet holds a different standard to employees they are friendly with. Rules are enforced on certain employees,but not on all. Employees who aren't in the "clique" are constantly given correction, talking about employees in an unprofessional manner, and generally creating a very negative work environment. It's a real shame, because it has been a better environment in the past. They shouldn't allow someone who has little experience in management. They will end up facing a lawsuit if it continues.
Pros
fun atmosphere, great customers
Cons
poor management, compensation could be better
Fun place, good employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2018
Typical day was like opening any restaurant. Customers were friendly, lots of college kids. Most of the owners were great. Staff from Charlotte were great. After our first manager left, from lack of competitive pay, they hired a first-time manager who didn't fit the culture. Food was good. Coffee menu is great.
Great fast paced work environment!
Catering & Special Events Host/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2018
Chill work environment, fast paced shifts, wonderful staff and management! Great job to work up the ladder if you have a good work ethic and learn lots of new skill sets.
good people who have fun at their job
Lead-Barista/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2018
I had a great time working there, learned a lot of new things, met a lot of friends. everyone was always fair, and always tried to make sure the employees are happy
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 28, 2017
the management here is absolutely horrible. You are expected to be in charge of things out of your control. always short staffed. constantly ran out of product. management seems like they didn't care about employees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Super great atmosphere
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2017
As a Front Of House team member I was responsible for many duties through out the shift. A FOH employee I pulled pastries for customers, restocking the case, running food orders to customers and operating the cash register. I enjoyed working with like minded coworkers and serving a community that was so loyal. All of the managers and higher powers were super down to earth and never used their title as a way to get out of working along side the employees.
Great work environment
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2017
Upon being hired it was a friendly environment and I felt rather welcome early on. As time went by the people that made me feel welcome were moving on to other locations, I still liked the workplace, overall there were some snags. I met interesting people and would recommend it to those who can handle working in a food environment.
Pros
employee discount(s)
Cons
short breaks
Encouraging work environment with plenty of room for growth.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2017
My time at Amelie's French Bakery has been one of professional advancement and personal growth, met with friendship. The ownership and management team are very hands-on. The training program is world class, and their value for each customer is second to none.
Pros
daily lunch tab, bonus incentives, paid time off
Taught me alot
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2017
When I got hired I was a bartender, but by the time I left the company I had grown into a more mature employee . I learned so much about the culinary arts of the bakery.
wonderful place
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2017
The people are fantastic. Ambiance is like no other. Quality product as well. The management is very patient and relatable. Clientele is dedicated and pleasant.
There's a reason this place is always hiring
Baker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2017
Lower than average pay, management is unprofessional, unorganized, and blatantly racist.
They seem to replace almost the entire staff every 2 months so don't bother learning anyone's name.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
This place is very unorganized
Front of House Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2017
I worked here for about a year, it was ok for the time being but it is very unorganized and management is terrible also the pay is not good at all and management is racist.
Pros
food
Cons
management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2016
had lots of fun great pay people and customers hard finding payed parking had lots of freedoms not found in any other related job
Pros
good food
Cons
management
not the best place
Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2015
an bakery that overworks the qualified bakers and over hires bakers that are not qualified for the position to overwork the bakers that currently work there. opens bakeries when they are clearly not ready to open. honestly an extremely shady place to work. would never recommend to people tha are serious about their career
Pros
Cons
the whole company
Productive and interesting work environment
Front of the House Associate (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 20, 2015
Very busy job, so if you like being productive at almost all times this is a perfect fit for you. This job does require you to have an extensive knowledge of the operations, menu, and policies early on when starting work here or you may get a little lost. Training is quite brief and to the point. You will learn as you go along. If you are attentive to customers and do your best, you will be just fine with the help of other co-workers when you are not quite sure about something.
Pros
Management is friendly and helpful, hours are reasonable, flexible scheduling
Cons
Pay, can be stressful
This was a very productive job my hours were 8pm-6am and some days i would stay later.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2015
A typical day was jumping around from counter where you handle customers orders. To the register where you finalize the pastries that they got and see if they want a sandwich or a drink with that. The duties were spread out all over and we were expected to be able to understand that if your standing around your not working. Which means that you need to find something to do; like fold boxes, pick up dishes, wipe tables off, run food, handle customers on the line or at the register, and overall making sure that your co-workers know where you are and what they should do if they aren't doing any thing.
Pros
Got a decent break or several breaks, no dress code (needed to wear pants)
Cons
poor management
Fun Atmosphere
Patissier Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2015
Amelie's is a great place for a young Pastry student to learn and advance their skills. Management is great about inspiring creativity and teaching new methods.