Amentum

3.7Pay & Benefits

Found 687 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,836 reviews
amentummilitaryafghanistancontractaircraftoverseasgovernmentdyn

Good Company

Large company focus. Good management and benefits. The workplace culture varies depending on management and organization. Many opportunities for advancement.

Great pay, thats it

Pay is the only reason I'm here. Often guilted into NOT taking PTO cause the company needs you for this or that. When you do take PTO can feel like it's held against you. Standard 8-hour work day 5 days a week. Occasional travel to other sites to help out

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Little time off, Management can be overbearing

Amentum insights

Based on 1,005 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Shady Management

I currently work at Amentum in Fort Campbell, KY. The pay is decent and the benefits as well. The management, on the other hand, cares nothing about you or your personal life. They demand 6-7 day work weeks, even though you are informed upon acceptance of your contract, that overtime is voluntary. They hire and/or promote friends and family, the good old boy system is prevalent here. Good luck if you come here, it’s extremely toxic.

Could be so much better

My job itself working as an on site contractor is very rewarding. I am allowed to utilize my years of experience to make a positive impact on things. My core work team is great. Amentum as a company is not too great. Trying to get answers on anything from benefits to basic questions is a total chore and everything is employee "self service" based. The HR department is very unhelpful most times and usually "pass the buck" on everything.

Pros

The people I directly work with.

Cons

Too many to list

Horrible company

I worked on the same contract for 15 years and once they receive the contract, they cut the pay, required us to work overtime without compensation. They required PPE, however would not provide it.

Will never get a pay raise

Soul sucking job, never will get a raise (it’s contract work so there is no room to ask) been here 7 years. They love to remind you that there’s other places to work if you don’t like it there. Took their advice. BYEEEE

Not the worst place I have worked

Not the worst company I have worked for. However, they seem to be having trouble getting their stuff together and getting us a budget so we can order supplies to get our job done

Pros

good pay, excellent benefits

Cons

understaffed, business office seems clueless

Very Proffestional work place and Caring staff

I worked for this company at Iraq US embassy. Work and life balance is very important especially that type in environment. PAE management ensure and my boss ensured that was that case. They offered competetive pay and benefits. Also the vacation compensation was awsome. along with end of contract and performance bonus.

Pros

Pay and Overall care package they offer

Cons

No cons

Safe place with good leadership

I'd recommend working for Amentum to anybody. They have a strong safety culture with decent benefits and great pay. The leadership they have here is top notch with great communication skills and an open door policy.

Supports customer mission and employees

Great management that balances customer mission, challenging contracts that are SCA while striving to support and appreciate employees. I have been with the company 9 years and expect to remain!

Pros

Benefits, work/life balance, management

Cons

Challenging SCA contracts

Review

It's a very decent place to work, pay is loewr that whatvit should be. The union dosebt seem to care much about any but getting there money out of you. No room For advancement

Awful work environment

No Communication back after you email anybody in the company. Never have seen anybody of importance in this company at my facility. No sick pay. No raises

Military Minded Toxicity

I’ve worked here for a long time as a Aircraft Worker, Travel is mandatory was option, pay is ok but isn’t on par with the rest of Aircraft Workers/Plane Captains in the US. The Work Center has a strong military mindset and can be very toxic. Managements communication is terrible and employees feel like they are micromanaged by them. Union is a plus but too many union stewards with no training/ so protection is minimal at best. Benefits are great but if your not a military retiree or some who has medical though out sources be prepared to pay 100% of the cost. The Environment we work in leaks sewage/rain water and has a roach and rat infestation problem also mold on the ceilings. The work is rewarding at times but stressful Little to No room for error. Home life balance is terrible always traveling or being told to work on your scheduled day off and constant working hour changes. Seen a good worker quit because was told to travel but worker had childcare issues.

Pros

Travel, Union

Cons

Management, Work Environment, Benefits

Amentum is very supportive of employee needs from retirement account to pay and travel services.

Amentum is excellent company to work for. Its 401K automatically vests employee contribution immediately. There is no waiting period unlike other companies.When I returned to the U.S. in 2021, the Amentum travel clerk provided professional support in arranging my flights and other details such as Covid 19 tests.

Terrible Health Insurance

Terrible health insurance. $6800 deductible that has to be met before it pays anything. Cost over $700 a month for the family plan. Company only had one contract and lied to the employees that they had more coming. Soon as contract was completed they shut the doors.

Pros

Cons

Bad Health Insurance and cost to much biweekly

Military life

Our site works with a Navy squadron. Most of the time it feels like you are still active duty, minus the uniform. Overall, the job is simple, but MY hours are not reasonable, and not much you can do about your shift since seniority means everything.

I work with a great team. management is always in touch with the teams; you get heard and things do change for better. Benefits and salary are decent.

Pros

Remote work, flex hours, very effective and accommodating management

Cons

Can’t think of anything

Good pay, co-workers are what made the job itself enjoyable

When I worked for this company, everything seemed promising. However, when we were told exactly what was expected from us through OSHA and ASME, it made us raise a few eyebrows as to what we were actually doing. When we expressed these issues to the supervisor and manager, we were told that the company that we were contracted out of wanted us to do it the way that we were doing. Then we heard rumor that the company had not agreed to the terms. It was a constant worry of are we good to carry out what is expected of us or are we going to get in trouble for taking too long to complete tasks? When it was asked for the supervisor or manager to get it in writing from the company that we were contracted to, we were told that it was above our pay grade and we needed to do as we were told. With that, many people left because of this. If you're someone who likes to take risks, I mean big risks and possibly ruin your reputation in the job market, feel free to work for them. The ONLY good side of working for them was the pay.

One of the worst companies I've ever worked for.

Focused on the bottom line not the workplace culture. HR department will screw up pay, benefits and vacation time and are unreachable and vastly understaffed.

Secure Job, no real growth opportunities

An acceptable resume-builder for a year or two, but no real room for promotion, either in your work or payscale. Very stagnant, but decent pay and benefits.

Pros

Salary is average, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays

Cons

No real room to grow

Great experience

I loved working s an interpreter for this company. The pay was good, HR staff were always ready to help. We had good benefits and the job was rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amentum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss