Ameren Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 14, 2018
To become part of a group that shares a vision of helping those in need while allowing the opportunity to use critical thinking and emergency medical training in a health care setting.
Old school
Cyber Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2018
if you haven't been there for more than 15 years, you don't matter. they don't listen to new ideas. they are stuck doing things just because that is the way they have always done them, at least in the IT world.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
culture
Great place to work. Great people and above average benefits.
Procurement Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2018
Fun place to work with exceptional benefits. Hard to move up and if you turn down a promotion don't expect to be ever asked again. Very top down mgt. style (military). Have many union employees working in what are traditional salaried positions which I found quite bureaucratic and which slowed progress.
Great company
LIGHT INDUSTRIAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 1, 2018
Great company with solid room for advancement - competitive work environment but managers are enjoyable and work day is typically fast paced. Would recommend to a friend.
Great position
Customer Accounts Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOApril 12, 2018
I learned a lot about collaborating with other departments. The most frusterating part about working at Ameren communication between the union and management, it can be difficult to find answers to questions.
Very big company with lots of change happening.
Consultant Writer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 8, 2018
This is a very big company with lots of change happening. The benefits are excellent, and there are a lot of great people there. Particularly good for those just starting out.
Do quality work and you can climb quickly
Distribution Systems Operating Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 5, 2018
Turn off your cell phone. Don't bring problems to work. Respect others. Treat your co-workers as if they are your second family. Learn what is being taught. Work hard and you will be move up the ladder.
Great Job in every way!!
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2018
Ameren is the best company a man can land a job with. I would still be there if I did not have a very uncommon situation back in 1996.
The company really endorses first rate training and follows the union labor contract perfectly. The stewards have their work cut out for sure as they are between professional workers and professional management. Nonetheless I highly recommend any opportunity to work for this company. AAA+++
Pros
Great pay, advancement, stability.
Cons
None.
credit
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2018
Great company I enjoyed it. they were always eating and having parties. the company really care for its employees and didn't mind showing it...............
Relaxed but professional atmosphere
Gas Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 19, 2018
Everyone in my department got along. Highly technical work in a fun, relaxed atmosphere. Mapping of gas facilities.and calculations of pipeline integrity. Review of completed orders scanned and sent from all over the state..
Fast pace good working, and safe place to work
Troubleshooter, overhead repairman, lineman. (Current Employee) –  Union, MOMarch 5, 2018
Like I have said, Ameren has been a great place. I just want to see what else is out there. I know when you read the good things about what I say with Ameren, and why he wants to retire, ,,it’s hard to explain. I just would like to do something different.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Many long ot ours.
Poor Management
Distribution Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 21, 2018
The individuals that were placed as supervisors over my department in the Pioneer Park office were ill equipped to be in that position and therefore there were many problems and complaints by all of my peers. Also, in this department, there was not much room for growth in the company.
excelant work enviroment
Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time at ameren, very easy culture
helpful team , challenging tasks , supportive management very outgoing and easy going group, love working there and i enjoyed my time at Ameren
Heavily Regulated Industry Creates Slow Paced Business Environment
HR Professional (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2018
Strong leadership at highest levels, but it becomes muddled in the middle because of people who have been in the same job for 30 years. Many people assume they will be promoted because they are next in line after their supervisor retires. Low diversity.
Over all I would recommend ameren as a great place to work
Welder/Repairman (Former Employee) –  Coffeen, ILFebruary 2, 2018
Relax place to work. Not a lot of stress. Nice lunch room. Your able to take a shower after work lockers in the locker room . Coffee machine in the break area down stairs.
Cons
Health care could be better
Can be stressful and is Micro managed now
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL 61602February 1, 2018
First started it was like a "family", then several changes were made, they brought in a new Manager, who is all about the "numbers" not the people. All of a sudden you couldn't go to the bathroom without someone checking to see if you were in there on your phone or actually using the bathroom. If you were away from your desk for any amount of time, two-minutes up to five without what they considered a good reason they came to see what you were doing, regardless if you were at the copier making copies of items to send to customers.
A typical day meant you had to be at your desk, prepared for calls, IF it was slow, you were not allowed to read books, do puzzles, etc, but you could read their company learning materials. Not allowed to visit with co-workers much either, unless on break or your 30 minute lunch.
Hardest part of he job: Being nervous all the time that if you mess up a call you could lose your job.
Most enjoyable part: Your co-workers are nice.
Pros
If regular employee, good benefits
Cons
Stressful, lots of overtime with expectations that you have no life outside of work, on call during bad weather.
I loved it there
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78216January 31, 2018
I loved my job everyone was so amazing. It’s like a family over there. I really wish i could’ve stayed for my co workers but i couldn’t and that’s fine. But the company treats you like family.
Advancing upcoming competitor in the utility business.
Gas Transmission Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 31, 2018
Great place to work and leadership that is willing to mentor all so they have a very well knowledge of the company's business and culture. There are multiple opportunities to advance within the company.
Pros
Start off with 3 weeks of vacation, the ability to work inside office and out in the field, and pay.
Cons
Not in any other state but IL and MO.
No benefits for consultants
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL 61602January 26, 2018
Work environment was good. The full time employees were helpful and understanding. Had a good supervisor but management pacified questions of real concern. Hardest part of job was not having benefits or clear expectations on requesting time off or sick time.
ok job
AVP/Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2018
just come in do your job come home dont get into all that extra things that they have going on . i liked working over time was the best thing of my job