Ameren Employee Reviews

Great company
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2018
This is a company that generations of my family has worked for. There is a lot of opportunity for moving to other positions or promotions. The pay is very well and the benefits are great.
Pros
Flexible schedule, benefits
MDF Specialist
MDF Specialist (Former Employee) –  DecaturOctober 8, 2018
Working at the MDF building was an experience I will never forget. The work was super easy, and slow paced. Anyone could work there at any level. Supervision was awful, they were 100% out of touch with problems in the warehouse. Many "personal" relationships happen in that building. One girl in particular has dated every man in the warehouse and acts completely inappropriately. She has also had men fired from there. It's a hellish place where the union steward is having an inappropriate relationship with a newer employee. This is 100% the type of thing you would deal with daily. Union and company arguments daily. Stay away from working at Ameren's MDF building.
Pros
Pay for Decatur
Cons
Everything else
Good company with stable employment.
Civil Engineer- Dam Safety & Hydro Engineering (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2018
Ameren is a good, steady company. It provides a secure work environment. There is a good culture among employees and it is a fun place to work. The one criticism I heard from employees is that is can be slow paced.
Excellent place to work
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 7, 2018
This is a great place to work for engineers, customer service representatives and union workers. High pay, great benefits. Many people retiring in the coming years so opportunity for growth.
Pros
culture, pay
Ameren is a great place to work
DISTRIBUTIONS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Ameren is a great place to work. They have excellent benefits, training and job security.

I loved my job at Ameren- I was just tired and the swing shifts required to do my job were taking a tole on my health
Pros
Excellent Pay and benefits
Cons
Shift work and most jobs are in the St Louis area-
ok
Apprentice Lineman (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL 61614August 25, 2018
its a good career if you like working in all weather coniditions. A lot of overtime and plenty of time off when you get your time in...................
Worked at Company for 10 years
IT Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOAugust 14, 2018
I worked at Ameren for 10 years and thought I would be there for the long haul. The company and culture depends on your immediate supervisor. The last supervisor I had was more than horrible when it came to being fair. Upper management has no clue what is going on and the company thinks things are changing. It was an interesting last year at the company. There are many changes, new senior leadership and lots of "new" college grads. The people that have been there a while are frustrated because they are left out of the new changes and no one in senior leadership cares what is going on.

It seems like the people who choose not to work are the ones getting promoted while the worker bees are left out in the cold.
Pros
Some of my coworkers were great, others were horrible
Cons
manipulative people, the pay is sub par, the middle aged generation is getting pushed out
Friendly Enviroment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 12, 2018
Nice please to work, friendly atmosphere. After a year of employment will you will have to opportunity to advance in the company. There is overtime available.
Cons
Hours
fair workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2018
I was at Ameren for almost 9 years. customer service rep. took calls gas and electric service, made at least 7 calls per hours. bonuses not good also pay not good
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 14, 2018
To become part of a group that shares a vision of helping those in need while allowing the opportunity to use critical thinking and emergency medical training in a health care setting.

Want to know more about Ameren?

Ask a question
Very Strict
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pawnee, ILJune 13, 2018
I was only with the company for a couple months past training (which is the same with most of my entire training class that I started with) before I was let go for having to miss some of training. Training was fun but as everyone that works there will tell you, after training it is very stressful.
Old school
Cyber Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 1, 2018
if you haven't been there for more than 15 years, you don't matter. they don't listen to new ideas. they are stuck doing things just because that is the way they have always done them, at least in the IT world.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
culture
Great place to work. Great people and above average benefits.
Procurement Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 22, 2018
Fun place to work with exceptional benefits. Hard to move up and if you turn down a promotion don't expect to be ever asked again. Very top down mgt. style (military). Have many union employees working in what are traditional salaried positions which I found quite bureaucratic and which slowed progress.
Great company
LIGHT INDUSTRIAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 1, 2018
Great company with solid room for advancement - competitive work environment but managers are enjoyable and work day is typically fast paced. Would recommend to a friend.
Great position
Customer Accounts Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOApril 12, 2018
I learned a lot about collaborating with other departments. The most frusterating part about working at Ameren communication between the union and management, it can be difficult to find answers to questions.
Very big company with lots of change happening.
Consultant Writer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 8, 2018
This is a very big company with lots of change happening. The benefits are excellent, and there are a lot of great people there. Particularly good for those just starting out.
Do quality work and you can climb quickly
Distribution Systems Operating Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 5, 2018
Turn off your cell phone. Don't bring problems to work. Respect others. Treat your co-workers as if they are your second family. Learn what is being taught. Work hard and you will be move up the ladder.
Great Job in every way!!
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2018
Ameren is the best company a man can land a job with. I would still be there if I did not have a very uncommon situation back in 1996.
The company really endorses first rate training and follows the union labor contract perfectly. The stewards have their work cut out for sure as they are between professional workers and professional management. Nonetheless I highly recommend any opportunity to work for this company. AAA+++
Pros
Great pay, advancement, stability.
Cons
None.
credit
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2018
Great company I enjoyed it. they were always eating and having parties. the company really care for its employees and didn't mind showing it...............
Relaxed but professional atmosphere
Gas Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 19, 2018
Everyone in my department got along. Highly technical work in a fun, relaxed atmosphere. Mapping of gas facilities.and calculations of pipeline integrity. Review of completed orders scanned and sent from all over the state..