Ameresco Employee Reviews

management is very hard to please
HVAC Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2019
operate machinery which is always breaking down but expected to produce.I did learn how to operate machinery but feel the knowledge is limited to this job only.The management is very hard to get a point across to.There is no culture.
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
dead end job
Job-to-Job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 17, 2019
A lot of Ameresco work place culture (or lack of) is determined by the client, and specifically the client point of contact. I had both wonderful and miserable experiences; both open/sharing and closed/difficult.
No work life balance
Project Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 16, 2019
ameresco does not provide the hardware necessary for engineers to do their job, prefers to hire outside experience yet at times with the lack of knowledge, over advancing its own employees, management does not care work / life balance, that is a topic I never heard of in the many years I was there.
Company helped me achieve income goals
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2018
Good place to work. Management worked hand in hand with me to developt new business and to close it. Marketing was key component of position. Workplace culture was supportive and innovative. Hardest part of the day was long hours. Most enjoyable was meeting with customers and helping them define and implement energy saving strategies. Core product I was selling was funding energy related improvements and increased performance through energy savings.
Great Company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 6, 2018
Great company to work for. But it certainly depends which office and what your role is. I have no complaints about my immediate supervisors. If I didn't want to move, I would probably not leave the company.
Productive and professional work environment
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 23, 2018
I appreciate the opportinities Ameresco has given me in advancing my career in the solar and renewable energy field. Ameresco has a highly professional work environment and is very team based. There is always someone to lend a helping hand if you need it.
Pros
Work culture, professionalism
Cons
frequent travel between sites
Dynamic and collaborative
Engineering Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 25, 2018
From day 1 I was exposed to the real projects and got an opportunity to spearhead a new software called HOMER.The team gave constructive feedback and the manager was ready to accept new ideas
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No free food
Senior Project Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2018
Dedicated staff, who know how to get projects done. Good resources to help ensure you are successful at your job. CEO and management team are top notch. I had a great experience working at Ameresco
Pros
great people
Cons
team spread all over the US
Great Company
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Even though I was only a temporary Employee, this company was a joy to work for. They hire competent people and trust them enough to manage themselves within reason. The management culture was always helpful and encouraging.
Energy Services and Renewable Energy
Sr. Project Manager, Renewable Energy Division (Former Employee) –  California & Southwest USAugust 2, 2018
Generally good, opportunities to contribute positively to the environment, interesting and challenging assignments, opportunity to work remotely, some divisions could use better management.
Horrific
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 24, 2018
The manager is completely lacking in training and does not know how to treat people with respect. Every single day I was talked to with the utmost disrespect and treated like I was less than human. There is no training for the job so you are forced to learn everything on your own, but if something was done in a different manner than how the manager wants it he will come over and make you do it again. Absolutely no upward mobility, this is a great job if you like being stuck at a dead end. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Free Wifi and water
Relaxed Energy Consultation Company
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 12, 2018
Easy place to work. Very common day to day activities. Lots of time spent on excel doing energy calculations and writing reports for potential customers
ok place to work
Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 10, 2018
The day starts at 6 am and goes to 5 pm. Like most people, the most enjoyable part of the day is quitting time. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the different personalities of several different managers on the same project, which makes the workplace very stressful
Pros
pay
Cons
work enviorement
Ameresco has some great people
Environmental Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 26, 2018
The goals of this company, Green, Clean and Sustainable, are important to work for. Everyday tasks can inform you about running projects. Looking beyond your group can teach you about finance, dealmaking, business development, organization "politics," and renewable energy and accepted efficiency practices.
It is a decent work-life balance but not a ton of opportunity to move up.
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 14, 2018
I cannot review Ameresco because I worked in a smaller consulting group. It is a good work-life balance but not a ton of opportunity to move up. Not too stressful but the pay is not competitive at all.
Lot of good people, but no possibility for advancement.
Engineer / Project Developer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN / Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2017
The majority of the people are great to work with and very good at their jobs. The working environment at the local office is very good and laid back.
Pros
Good pay / mostly good and fair people that work there
Cons
No room for advancement
Good experience
Engineer Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 17, 2017
Very intelligent people, they were willing to work with my schedule. Learned very useful skills while on the job as an intern. Good company culture, very friendly.
12 hour days are normal
Senior Project Manager, Safety Committee Chair (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 14, 2017
Don't ask for time off
Don't be creative
Fit our mold or else
Don't try to save money on travel
Don't expect any help from corporate (HR..."Oh, you're one of those California people")
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Hours, travel methods
Enjoyed my time there but not much career advancement
M&V Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2017
pretty chill job and work culture. Ave pay. Not much room for increased salary, responsibility, etc. Wish I had the option to advance my career in terms of pay, performance, skill acquisition
Slow paced work environment, with low cost benefit package
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXSeptember 21, 2017
In the begining work hours were abundant working at least 50hrs per week. As slow periods were coming in over time got very restricted. As lay offs began other company incentives became scarce and accountability was heavily scrutinized. Downsizing of branches and staff absorbing made it very competitive.
Pros
Low cost benefit package
Cons
Nepotism, unstructured