America's Car-Mart Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 13, 2018
To many promises that were never kept. When time off requested if it was a weekend they wanted you to plan your time off during the week. Good ole saying to many chiefs not enough Indians fits them perfectly
Americas cartmart overall
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 9, 2018
I would highly recommend working for Car-Mart to anyone that I know. I absolutely love my job here and I could not ask for better employees or managers. I am so thankful to have such a great job and such a great work experience.
Pros
Great management, awesome co-workers, and winderful benefits
Cons
There are no cons! 😊
Job would've been great if the management wasnt horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 5, 2018
Job is fairly simple and can be enjoyable if you're willing to deal with a manager that will throw you under the bus to save her skin. She constantly leaves work, even when short staffed and leaves employees scrambling. You are never sure what new policy will come up, and once you implement that policy she gets angry with you for doing what she said because shes changed her mind. I wouldn't recommend working or purchasing from the lufkin dealership. Others may be fine, I'd check other cities first.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Horrible and unorganized management
Loved my coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJune 2, 2018
It was the most stressful place I have ever worked. Could careless if your home with your family or not. It’s a very greedy corporation. I loved my co workers but hated the upper management. I asked many times about advancement and would not listen.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Don't
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 29, 2018
They don't care about their employees. You can make more money almost anywhere else. They over charge customers. They repo everyone whenever they feel like it.
at the work place
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 27, 2018
Was hired at one location then moved to another that was out of the way. Was hired to do a job and was then moved to another where I not only had make phone to collect payments but had to go out and find the vehicle and repo.
Great company
On call driver (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOMay 21, 2018
I highly enjoyed working for this company, the management was amazing and so was my fellow co-workers. Always had fun while working. Awesome company with great people
Only apply if you can handle stress
Payment clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 17, 2018
A very stressful atmosphere. Certain management was difficult to deal with. Turnover rate is high. Learned how to keep filing system up to date and organized. Co-workers were mostly great but some were difficult to get along with.
Pros
1 hour lunch, 1 week paid vacation after 1 year of service
Cons
Overly stressful
Decent pay but quality of life at work was sub par.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMay 13, 2018
If you want to sell junk vehicles to good people for bad management then this is the place for you. The hardest part of the job was selling junk cars. The best part of the job was the customers.
Work Hard get promoted must have common sense
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXMay 11, 2018
If you have a good work ethic and have common sense you can get far in this company, Now that being said GM's make less that a GM at McDonalds, Panda Express, and other fast food facilities on the base Salary not counting bonuses and GM at Car-Mart works 3 times as hard promise you.
My experience was good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 4, 2018
Car-Mart offers many opportunities for career minded individuals. I enjoyed my time with the company and the customers. Car-mart offers a unique opportunity to develop strong relationships with the customers. Car-Mart does their own financing so the flexibility to work with customers are there
Pros
Team work, Build relationships
Cons
Service
Great Place To Work ! Like Family !
Corporate Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 27, 2018
I have been with Car-Mart currently 3 years. I have advanced with the company and willing to work harder and advance more with this company. Great people to work with and they always push for you to do better. Car-Mart is limitless with opportunity's for advancement. If you work hard you are awarded greatly and they will keep you around and do more with you (like every business should be). I am a single mother and they treat me great. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.
Benefits
Great company.
ACCOUNT MANAGER/ SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALApril 27, 2018
Best company i have ever worked for. Great place if your looking for corporate support. Plenty of opportunity to promote. Teaches you all skills you nees to know.
I loved my job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  ArkansasApril 23, 2018
You need not be afraid to work and be ambitious, to work at ACM. This is a place for winners and people excited to get up and go to work. I have never worked for a company, that took such great care of me. This was my mistake ALL ON ME. I choose not to work there any longer and regret it every day.
I had a great future there and well life happens. If you are looking to work and be treated fairly for your work, not be afraid of reaching out and giving your all. This is for you. The reward is very well worth the work.

I wish I was still there.
Pros
They 100% take care of you in every aspect
Cons
you work long hours and travel, but I liked that kind of thing. So, I guess a Con?
Review
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 21, 2018
So the pay is one of the biggest complaints. Seens like if you aren't management your pay is very low. I wouldn't even be able to afford a car at the company i work for
Pros
Gm is awesome
Cons
Pay sucks
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOApril 19, 2018
A typical day would consist of working together as a team to complete the best customer service possible. Team members also provide helpful advice to advance in your career to help everyone grow.
Pros
comrodery
Cons
slow days
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 17, 2018
Very great COMPANY tonwork for very family oriented and caring corperate people!! GM should really be evaluated and looked over some put on a good show in front of big bosses but over all I love my job my co workers and customers!!
Pros
A awesome COMPANY to work for!!
Cons
America’s Carmart is a amazing place to work, but the lot Gm isnot mgnt material, she has a bad attitude and poor customer service
Driver/Floater
Driver/Floater (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 7, 2018
At my work location, everyone was kind to me. However, the pay was not up to standard. $7.25 hour which is the min wage in Texas. I was a driver to make sure all new intake vehicles were up to part, by maintaining a progress report showing, no leaks, brakes are good, getting oil change, inspections, tires are good and no vehicle body damage. Once that is complete, I place the vehicle in line for proper cleaning prior to sale on lot.
as a Floater:
if shortage of workers or nothing to do, my supervisor will have me to answer the phone, take messages, go to post office or pickup vehicle license plates and repo vehicles.
Pros
Everyone was team player
Cons
Vehicles are not repaired completely prior to sale
Long term career
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 4, 2018
Car-Mart offers a unique career advancement program known as the MIT program (Manager In Training). You could travel around until you receive your own dealership. Car-Mart has dealerships in 11 different states totaling over 130 lots.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Inconvenient hours for family life. Late days.
very good
SMALL CLAIMS SPECIALIST (LEGAL ASSISTANT) (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKMarch 30, 2018
very good very welcoming company 154 stores to work at very helpful employees different places to work at transfer and advancement. try to help customers out as much as they can

Ask a question about working or interviewing at America's Car-Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight