America's Car-Mart Employee Reviews

Poor management
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKMarch 22, 2019
I was a inventory associate aka automotive retailer for 6 months for the lot in Claremore. The new general manager is probably the most rudest person I’ve ever met. She does not care about any of the associates especially the detailers. She will belittle you, and threaten you for speaking your opinion about anything and for standing up for yourself.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication
Car-Mart is about the Community
Collections Support (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALMarch 15, 2019
I really enjoy my role at America's Car-Mart. I get up each morning looking forward to the day, and enjoy a variety of tasks each day. It's all about helping people, and that is what keeps me here. In my position, I can help associates of the company improve their quality of life, but in doing so I also impact hundreds, even thousands of customers lives. It is truly rewarding, and I wouldn't trade it for any other company on Indeed!
Pros
Sense of accomplishment, Helping people in difficult situations
Cons
New opportunity everyday meeting people
Office Manager, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKMarch 13, 2019
If you enjoy people and like to be around cars this is the job for you! Where else can you get paid to help people find the perfect car for them? Fun atmosphere, great team members, excellent company! Drive Easy as Hank would say.
Pros
Fun environment, great company
Car Mart
Sales Associate/Sales (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 10, 2019
Days there at car mart, its a day of unexpectancy. The customers itself that are truly amazingly different. Definitely an exciting time when you arrive.
Horrible company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 9, 2019
They only cater to a select few that have been with company for years. If you're not in the group, they could care less about you. Verbal abuse is so widespread. Just overall bad company.
Cons
Productive and fun place to work.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Albertville, ALFebruary 19, 2019
In my words, this is one of the best companies to work for. They always do what they can to make sure you have the right tools to be successful. They make you feel like family and that you are appreciated.
Very friendly and productive workplace
Automotive Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARFebruary 14, 2019
Car Mart is a great job for those of you who are good with face to face sales and talking to people. I really enjoyed working with the general manager and was very happy, over-all, with my job, benefits, and pay at the company.
Pros
The customers
Cons
No cons
Terrible dont do it
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 13, 2019
Dont work for this car mart!! It doesn't matter how you are treated u are wrong and get written up!! No one in corporate wants to help! U cant transfer and they sure ain't gonna fire you so you can draw unemployment! But they will make you chase the cars on repos at high speed endangering your life! And make you do all the jobs there not just yours!! And then if a manager or assistant manager says it happened it did no matter what really happened. In my experience the managers lie on the employees a lot and also talk mess about there employees to there other employees causing drama in the work place!! Nothing at all is professional about this place!! For me quitting was the best options because I couldnt handle no more stress from car mart. They are inconsiderate and definitely dont live up to any of there mottos. Especially the respect and compassion one. They arent the most valued buy here pay here either
Cons
Not somewhere you would be proud to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 11, 2019
One of the worst job experiences ever Nice coworkers bit rude management. Cars in bad shape and they always want a quick sale before someone can reconsider
If your on disability your a shoe in for a sale. They know they will make double off of you because they will sue you and get the piece of junk car back to sell again. No one on disability can afford $400 plus a month. This is a business model designed to screw the poor some more that can't get financing. Very long , hot work hours. You do every job, not just what your hired for. If you have a conscious I would not recommend this job to you. At the end of the day all you have done is put the poor into more debt. Also, don't expect a break or lunch at any specific time.
Pros
Coworkers were nice
Cons
Rude manager
Long hours no pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKFebruary 10, 2019
Long stressful hours phone won’t stop ringing can’t locate manager or always on phone, won’t return phone calls, poor organization skills, poor attitudes
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Corporate
Love my job
Sr account rep (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 8, 2019
I love this job and the people I work with. Wonderful atmosphere and people who want to see you succeed in your role and advance to any other roll you may want. I plan to retire here I have found my work home.
Pros
Wonderful company and management
A job
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 24, 2019
Collections is just an awful experience, but it does teach coping/problem solving. The cars could be better quality. Some techniques to collect payments may be a bit scheming in nature, but the bonuses are decent. Hourly pay WAY too low.
Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJanuary 23, 2019
Management was bad. Would not go back. They did have good pay. Decent hours all but in the summer time. If management would have treated everyone better I would reconsider
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
not a great place to work
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKJanuary 14, 2019
While working at car mart the ceo was great it was the general manager at my store that was not, They would all make me do things that made it impossible to meat my monthly bonuses and i was doing all the dirty work while they were benefiting from it.
Pros
health benefit
Cons
long hours not enough
Fun place to work at
Office Clerk Front Office (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJanuary 7, 2019
The people are great, it's a fun place to work at you just don't make enough money here, you would think that they would pay you for what your worth but they don't
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no good pay
Fast Paced
Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MODecember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Car-Mart. They have opportunities to move up within the company and they also offer good bonus incentives. This was one of my favorite jobs
Car Mart
account representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 17, 2018
My first day at Car Mart was a big clue that I would not be making any career plans with this organization. I was hired as an account manager but was forced to do sales and repos.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Love the atmosphere, need better benefits
manager (Current Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 4, 2018
The company has a fun culture and is like a big family. I just want a lower deductible on my insurance and more company paid holidays! You will be able to call your manager or upper manager with no worries! Accessible people!
Pros
The family atmosphere and advancement opportunities
Benefits
holiday activities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IANovember 20, 2018
Drama people, good money but I believe in famiky time famiky is important and not 12 hours 9-9 6 days a week but it was unorganized and I need organization great people positive vibes I’m a good person over all and wanna be around good people.
Pros
Cons
12 hour days 6 days a week
na
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 15, 2018
It was okay, but they moved me to fast and I had a short notice for my family. Tuscaloosa location was nice, but the others I would not refer to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at America's Car-Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight