America's Car-Mart Employee Reviews

Love the atmosphere, need better benefits
manager (Current Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 4, 2018
The company has a fun culture and is like a big family. I just want a lower deductible on my insurance and more company paid holidays! You will be able to call your manager or upper manager with no worries! Accessible people!
Pros
The family atmosphere and advancement opportunities
America's Car-Mart
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 6, 2018
Better than working in fast food but don't believe everything they tell you upon hire because it's most likely a lie to get you to work for them. You will work there for 2 years without getting a raise or bonus and everything you do will be unappreciated and unacknowledged.
Pros
Somewhat decent hours.
Cons
Everything else.
Love car_mart of tuscallosa
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cottondale, ALOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work period !!!!!! Awesome managers & co_workers great pay for the type of company it is and they actually give an annual raise and commend you on your work if you have been doing well.
Pros
free food
Cons
They will work thru any situation with you
Car Mart
account representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 17, 2018
My first day at Car Mart was a big clue that I would not be making any career plans with this organization. I was hired as an account manager but was forced to do sales and repos.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Great Place To Work ! Like Family !
Corporate Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 27, 2018
I have been with Car-Mart currently 3 years. I have advanced with the company and willing to work harder and advance more with this company. Great people to work with and they always push for you to do better. Car-Mart is limitless with opportunity's for advancement. If you work hard you are awarded greatly and they will keep you around and do more with you (like every business should be). I am a single mother and they treat me great. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.
Great Company
Senior Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKJuly 21, 2018
Company takes pride in the business and employees they have great advancement opportunities and promote within based on experience skills. They offer a great benefit package just no DUI,s while working for company or suspension will be issued
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Saturday work required
Americas cartmart overall
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 9, 2018
I would highly recommend working for Car-Mart to anyone that I know. I absolutely love my job here and I could not ask for better employees or managers. I am so thankful to have such a great job and such a great work experience.
Pros
Great management, awesome co-workers, and winderful benefits
Cons
There are no cons! 😊
Loved my coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJune 2, 2018
It was the most stressful place I have ever worked. Could careless if your home with your family or not. It’s a very greedy corporation. I loved my co workers but hated the upper management. I asked many times about advancement and would not listen.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
can go far with company if you have the right attitude
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOJuly 25, 2018
I was given a great opportunity with this company. the compensation for the job I do is great. The monthly managers meetings are usually fun and informative.
Run and don’t look back, you will not be valued and will always be reminded that you can be replaced
General Manager, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARSeptember 3, 2018
They paint an awesome picture and make very large promises that will never be delivered upon. While i can say that I did enjoy my job and working with and helping customers and employees be successful. If you are luck y to get a good location you can do well and make great money. However if you are not one of the select few and end up with a small lot in a poor area like the lot I ended up with in Forrest City AR. You will struggle from day one. I did have success and was the manager of the month which was a first for that location and I won several other awards as well. They ultimately decided to close my location down and I was relocated to Springfield Mo. as an assistant Manager. The general manager position came open around that time as well and I was not even considered for it and they stuck a guy in there that had never ran a lot. He had been an AOM for a few years but there is a lot of things about running a lot that he didn’t know. If you are lucky to be handed the keys to a store like Springfield North a six figure salary is very easy to attain. They do try to live up to their mission vision and values however they are getting so big they have lost sight of it all. I was treated like I had done bad and that my store closing was all my fault, however at the time all I had was praise and pats on the back. In this company it’s all about who’s butt your kissing and that’s all there is to it. It is hard to hire and keep decent employees because they don’t pay well at all...unless you are in management and if you are you are in constant fear of loosing your job. They are  more... now making a transiston to having a GM run more than one store, but only that select few golden boys. Take it from experiance and don’t fall into this trap and run fast the other way.  less
Pros
Helping customers, meet a lot of nice people
Cons
Everything else, selling High prices low quality vehicles to people that don’t have any other choice

Want to know more about America's Car-Mart?

Ask a question
not a great place to work
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKJanuary 14, 2019
While working at car mart the ceo was great it was the general manager at my store that was not, They would all make me do things that made it impossible to meat my monthly bonuses and i was doing all the dirty work while they were benefiting from it.
Pros
health benefit
Cons
long hours not enough
Work Hard get promoted must have common sense
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXMay 11, 2018
If you have a good work ethic and have common sense you can get far in this company, Now that being said GM's make less that a GM at McDonalds, Panda Express, and other fast food facilities on the base Salary not counting bonuses and GM at Car-Mart works 3 times as hard promise you.
Fun job with advancement oppurtunities.
Senior Accounts Rep (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MODecember 13, 2017
Worked here for a long time, held several different positions and had fun in most of them. Moving up to a job with significantly higher compensation requires a training program that isn't accomodating to those with families, upper management is expected to make sacrafices in their personal life to maintain a position. Overall, a good place to work and great oppurtunities for advancement if you can justify sacrificing your time, changing locations, or don't have a family. Lot level positions were fun and rewarding, and most of them can have an impressive bonus potential based on performance.
Pros
Benefits, fast paced, interesting
Cons
Requirements for advancement, some management allowed to be condescending with no recourse
High level of excellence expected.
Sales (Former Employee) –  MississippiJuly 13, 2018
Great place to work. If you work consistently the job is easy. If you slack off it is impossible to get caught up. Lots of advancement possibilities. Management does care about employees lives. They strive to have a good work-life balance
Pros
Constantly something to do
Cons
Customers complaining
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Okmulgee, OKOctober 25, 2018
Hostile work environment, shady car sales, horrible customer service and discrimination. Management only cares about sales, not their employees. They sell cars that are in horrible shape and then put them in the shop for weeks at a time. It's a clique-high school environment, not professional at all and they discriminate against people they don't care for and they try to get them to quit as opposed to firing them because they refuse to pay unemployment.
Benefits are not equal to other organizations.
Not Named (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 28, 2018
PTO time and holiday time should be increased in order to be more competitive with other companies.
Company does a good job of trying to train associates when they change procedures by requiring online training modules.
I wish I saw more smiling faces each day. Too many people look like they're not happy working at Car-Mart.
The CEO is a great guy.
Not a great place to work if you have family
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARNovember 6, 2017
I worked at a lot in Arkansas, and it was horrible. The pay wasn't nearly high enough for everything that I was asked to do, there was no opportunity for advancement for my position (I was in the office, it was the only position with no promise of advancing, and was the lowest pay as well). You get no sales commission for the vehicles you sell unless you're in sales, you don't get to keep your overtime unless you're in sales, and if you have family members with illnesses or special needs they will fight you until you give up and quit when you need time off. Managers are all salary, and will spend hours on their phones and cleaning their personal vehicles, and get mad when you interrupt them so they can do their jobs, or will hide so you can't find them. I don't recommend working there.
Pros
Good insurance benefits
Cons
Poor management, high amounts of favoritism, no sales commission
A typical day
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 4, 2018
This is a buy-here pay-here organization. It gives those who have sub-prime credit an opportunity to drive in cars that they have desires to drive but did not have the funds for. They also have a repair budget that allows customers to remain in their vehicles.

I worked all day as an Assistant Manager and their was a plateau. The assistant managers worked the longest hours and could only max bonus $500 a month. The General Manager varied on the work/life experience. I worked at four different stores with four different cultures. With the hours and the pay, an Assistant Manager will make less than the sales associate with a lot more accountability.

The growth opportunity was based on your relationship with upper level management. The company stopped the expansion and did not offer raises to Assistant Manager. Therefore, if you are not a GM, you will not make any more than the cap at $44K.

The company has a great mission, vision, and values. It needs the right personnel in the positions to fairly distribute the valuable people at the right locations to continue to grow the business.
Pros
Meeting people, learning the finance industry, free meals, and selling cars.
Cons
Only 4 holidays off, long hours, not a family-oriented business, PTO is not banked.
working at carmart
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOOctober 23, 2018
You meet a lot of people the job is okay except the fact that they do not understand the meaning of teamwork and what ever you are hired for they have you work every position and the management does not back you up when needed to do your job. the pay is good but the way the employees are treated and and the way employees treat each other really needs to be improved. not to mention be prepared to not have a family life. this job will take over everything in your life.
Rat Race
General Manager (Current Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 24, 2018
Don’t waste your time. It’s cut throat and all about who you know not what you know. The hours are long and they expect you to stay over not caring about your home time
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Long hours work 6 days a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at America's Car-Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight