America's Home Place, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 30, 2018
AHP is a great place to work, I have always felt like part of the team and that my contributions were appreciated. The Fredericksburg Team is really committed to making our customers dream home become a reality.
Family enviroment
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 2, 2019
Enjoyed working there, but down sizing happens. All of the people that i worked with were very pleasent and professional. Not sure if I agree on how the lay offs were handled.
Productive and felt as if I am working with family, Everyone cares for everyone.
Office & Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 17, 2018
Love working for America's Home Place. It is fast pace and a lot to keep up with, but makes the hours go by fast. Everyone in our office works together as a team.
Productive, fun place to work.
Sales Assistant/ Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 13, 2018
Americas Home Place is a great Place to work for. They are like family there. They strive for excellence in customer service and sales. They go the extra mile to make sure all of their customers are completely satisfied. The owner is a outstanding, great gentleman.
Pros
Great work family.
Great Place To Work
Drafter (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 29, 2018
Great Place to work, flexible schedule, great pay, and great people to work with. Management is great, and a great place to excel. I have learned so many skills from Americas Home Place.
Pros
Everything besides the lack of windows
Cons
No Windows
Great Starting Point
Construction Manager (4yrs) (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 16, 2017
AHP is a privately held company with more than 35 offices spread throughout the Southeast. I was pleased to start my career in "corporate culture" with such a strong, faithful company. No matter the challenges, results are the only measurable criteria.
Pros
Great Co-workers, Good Upper Management, Fair Pay, Opportunities to Grow
Cons
No Direct Deposit, Too many manager's manager, not enough in the trenches support.
Good company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 11, 2018
The owner was nice however the general managers that were chosen NOT so great. Long hours and no life basically. Job is for someone who doesn't have a family in my opinion
Not in service
District Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 20, 2018
During my time at America's Home Place, I enjoyed my work. The employees seemed to work well with one another. The major draw was company downsized, eliminating the local office.
Excellent Company to work for
Permit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJune 7, 2018
At Americas Home Place, I was able to learn many tasks from pulling permits to working with Engineers and Architects on the job for many homes. Excellent place
fast paced, well inspected jobs and job sites
Framer/Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 2, 2018
my review of framing for a year for them is overall excellent. Mostly due to crew super and structural engineer that creates/ manages and continues the contracts with America's Home Place. Fun job for moving around the region throughout the annual framing season in North GA
Pros
Flexible work Atmosphere
Cons
Never had the power hooked up for us. Always after we left for the next job.
Great team environment!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 24, 2018
Great atmosphere and culture to work! The training program is lacking but the effort to train is there. Everyone is so busy, just like any other building company.
Pros
Team
Cons
Training
Mismanaged
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 19, 2018
Manager not properly trained or not able to perform as trained.
Always passing off responsibility of failures.
No morals, Cheated customers and instructed me to try to short cut jobs, which I did not.
This is why I resigned, No evidence of change in the inner workings of the company.
Pros
Holidays and vacation pay
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Do not work for AHP
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 23, 2018
They will use you. I purchased a truck after I was hired for the job. They kept me on and once the houses were all finished for the year they let me go for a lack of work. They never supplied tools for me like they did their other employees. I was completely taken advantage of and now I am stuck with a vehicle payment I can't afford.
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
Big corporation. Only concerned with their profit.
Productions Coordinator/Building Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 18, 2017
I was only one of thousands of employees there. They would lay off and hire at any time. They were not concerned with the well being of the employees. I did not feel appreciated at all.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No concern for the staff
Very fun place to work at
BIM Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 5, 2016
Management are some of the best people ive worked for. Will to teach if you do not understand. work life balance is great.
Americas homes place
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJanuary 22, 2018
I was always worried about the future of the company. Sells were hard with the tools that were given to us. You do the job of multiple people and get little pay.
Pros
Off Sunday and Monday
Cons
Low pay
very rewarding to help families qualify for and build their new homes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 4, 2015
Prequalified applicants for mortgage home loan, explained verious house plans and costs involved in each. Worked with building superintendents to completion of home and with bank thru closing and modification of contruction loan to permanent financing.
Pros
Helping people realize the dream of their own home
Cons
Extremely long hours, straight commission pay
Good Company
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 30, 2017
Held full responsibility for ensuring all stages of construction projects were completed in compliance to contract specifications. Worked with corporate estimators to ensure project costs stayed within estimated budget. Coordinated with sales to ensure all site allowances and special items were accurately priced and all inclusive. Managed the construction permitting process by certifying all municipality requirements were met. Conferred with AHP personnel, homeowners and contractors to maintain open lines of communication throughout the construction process. Conducted audits of all customer files to ensure compliance with municipal code requirements and company construction standards.
Great working experence
Home Builder/ Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 31, 2017
Americas Home place spent allot of money training and further educating their employees. This was something that I found to be a great tool. My time with the company was very profitable to my knowledge.
Sales job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2016
This sales job started out great. I brought new sales in by cold calls, advertising thru emails and having knowledge of the residential construction by walk ins. However, this particular location was not the best location. More than half of the people that would inquire about building a house or need help in purchasing land did not qualify. The majority of the possible prospects had terrible credit ratings with a huge debt or they may have been in bankruptcy. We were not a subdivision builder, but we built, designed and customized homes with people that had acreage. We built homes within 150 miles from the Memphis office in Arkansas, Mississippi and northwest Tennessee. Due to the lack of being able to get prospects qualified, the Memphis office was shut down.
Pros
Meeting great people and being able to travel
Cons
not being able to find prospects that were qualified

Ask a question about working or interviewing at America's Home Place, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.