America's Tire Employee Reviews

50 plus hours, work hard play hard.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CASeptember 5, 2018
Start 7:30 end 7pm long hours
50 plus hours work hard. Get to meet nice people. get know vendors often and attend events.
401k
Vacations
Fun place as stepping stone
It was a fun job.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 24, 2018
It was fun but also very physical. Somedays we had heavy workloads due to a lot of cars being written up and waiting to be serviced. All my co-workers were really cool and laid back. Everyone is one big team and we help each other out.
Fun
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 14, 2018
At americas tire co. You learn how to be efficient and work as a team. Management is always helpful, and trying to figure out how they can make your time at work easier.
Pros
Friendly envirement, good management.
Cons
Inconsistent lunch periods, and breaks.
Great place to work, good employees, great work environment, ang very team oriented
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJuly 31, 2018
This company is a great company to work for they take very good care of their customers and more importantly their employees very team oriented help is given when needed weather by manager or employees great time management is taught and executed very clean environment and over great place to work
Perfect high school job
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAJuly 16, 2018
this job has really good benefits. It also a very hard working environment that can be extremely stressful. Great for a high school or part time job. Great staff really good teamwork
Quick Bio
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJune 24, 2018
Great source of work experience. Built integrity and disiplince. Had dry periods. Low hours up to 8 hours a week. Great co-workers. I should've stayed longer. Helped me stay out of trouble.
Pros
Open at 7 close at 6. Society
Cons
Small town= small hours
fun and great team
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJune 8, 2018
it was fun and fast passed and i had to keep moving and i liked that. the coworkers kept it fun and entertaining and i would work there again any time
Quick pace & FUN
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAJune 4, 2018
Americas Tire is a great place to work. They don't offer the best pay for part time employees, but the job's duties are very approachable. Some days were more difficult than others, but that is found at all jobs.
Fun place to work with great people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 9, 2018
People that care about you and your career.
Great benefits, hard work but very fulfilling.
Tons of work and life experiences.
Go all in, work hard, have a great attitude, and you will be rewarded.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, customers.
Cons
They ask a lot out of you
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAApril 9, 2018
In all honesty this is a great place with a great culture. The benefits are really good and the bonuses are nice also. However, I do not feel like this job is a great fit for most people. Allow me to explain. It's an extremely fast paced work environment. Usually busy from the moment you open until the moment you close. You're constantly hounded to go faster and you have constant orders barked at you. The hours can run very long. Managers put in 50 hours a week! Then when customers come in late your 10 hour day becomes an 11 or 12 hour day, ruining your work/life balance. My biggest gripe is the sheer amount of hours you have to put in here, it's absurd. You're out of your house more than you're ever home. Asking so much out of employees burns them out. In all reality the paychecks need to be better if you're running your employees into the ground.
It does have upsides though! The employee comradery and banter is actually a lot of fun. Customers are great to interact with, and you get to learn quite a bit. They offer benefits and paid leave... (for full time people). Its a solid place to work... just not if you have a family or want to spend time witb people outside of work.
Pros
Benefits. Paid leave, comradery.
Cons
Long hours, pay
coworkers Make the day
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 2, 2018
The people I worked with and the customers that I served were the things that made this job bearable. It had its ups and downs, but ultimately, I did not feel employees were fairly compensated.
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
pay, management, disrespect
Amazing company to work for
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CAMarch 4, 2018
America’s Tire (Discount Tire) was my first job in which I enjoyed so much, I am still with them to this day. Due to my busy college schedule and my other job, they work with me and make sure I still get hours and are always taken care of. I have learned a lot of management experience at this location and I feel that it is one of the best places you can work for. You can come in as a new guy on day one and if you try hard enough and are open to learn, you can get a management position within a year.
Fast pace and work environment was fun
Tire Technician-Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMarch 2, 2018
I learned many new things when I first started for the company. I was well trained and within a week I was familiar with the entire facility and job itself. I enjoyed the year I worked their because we were always busy and the people I worked with made work fun. At America's Tire I had one of the best managers, he taught me a lot the year I was there and enjoyed learning how to work new equipment.
Pros
We got two bonuses per year and lunches were long.
Cons
hard to request time off.
Safe work place
Service Technician/stock (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 12, 2018
It was a fast pace environment but safe. I learned how to change a tire. the most enjoyable part was my co-workers. A typical day was working on 4-6 cars an hour.
Good place
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJanuary 25, 2018
This place is calm good co workers. Nice customers.
Fast paced but slow at times. We get cars out at a timely matter. We offer water to all customers especially if it is hot out.
Pros
Good workout
Cons
Weather on occation
Not recomended
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Not trained properly, The pay was horrible for the work needed to be done. They make you feel stupid for not knowing something you where not trained in. They forget about your 10 minute breaks.
Pros
nothing
Not recommended
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Very stressful and busy with bad management. Over 100 cars per day never respected. Decent pay and hours but for the amount of work and effort needed they way was not enough for me
Pros
hours
Cons
pay, treatment
very competitive
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 2, 2018
A typical day at work would be going to your assigned team members and changing the tires of customers and helping them get back on the road safely ..
Friendly
Sales consultant/Service adviser (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 28, 2017
Friendly place to work. Clean show room but slow paced and varmint and the company needs more stability financially. Potential growth in this environment but need stronger management and better communication skills
Fun and busy place to work
Tire Tech (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 13, 2017
Working at america's tire was a great experience. I loved the fast paced work, the amount of hours was awesome, my schedule was great and the management was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at America's Tire. Our community is ready to answer.