America's Tire Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
They ask a lot out of you
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAApril 9, 2018
In all honesty this is a great place with a great culture. The benefits are really good and the bonuses are nice also. However, I do not feel like this job is a great fit for most people. Allow me to explain. It's an extremely fast paced work environment. Usually busy from the moment you open until the moment you close. You're constantly hounded to go faster and you have constant orders barked at you. The hours can run very long. Managers put in 50 hours a week! Then when customers come in late your 10 hour day becomes an 11 or 12 hour day, ruining your work/life balance. My biggest gripe is the sheer amount of hours you have to put in here, it's absurd. You're out of your house more than you're ever home. Asking so much out of employees burns them out. In all reality the paychecks need to be better if you're running your employees into the ground.
It does have upsides though! The employee comradery and banter is actually a lot of fun. Customers are great to interact with, and you get to learn quite a bit. They offer benefits and paid leave... (for full time people). Its a solid place to work... just not if you have a family or want to spend time witb people outside of work.
Pros
Benefits. Paid leave, comradery.
Cons
Long hours, pay
coworkers Make the day
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 2, 2018
The people I worked with and the customers that I served were the things that made this job bearable. It had its ups and downs, but ultimately, I did not feel employees were fairly compensated.
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
pay, management, disrespect
Amazing company to work for
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CAMarch 4, 2018
America’s Tire (Discount Tire) was my first job in which I enjoyed so much, I am still with them to this day. Due to my busy college schedule and my other job, they work with me and make sure I still get hours and are always taken care of. I have learned a lot of management experience at this location and I feel that it is one of the best places you can work for. You can come in as a new guy on day one and if you try hard enough and are open to learn, you can get a management position within a year.
Fast pace and work environment was fun
Tire Technician-Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMarch 2, 2018
I learned many new things when I first started for the company. I was well trained and within a week I was familiar with the entire facility and job itself. I enjoyed the year I worked their because we were always busy and the people I worked with made work fun. At America's Tire I had one of the best managers, he taught me a lot the year I was there and enjoyed learning how to work new equipment.
Pros
We got two bonuses per year and lunches were long.
Cons
hard to request time off.
Safe work place
Service Technician/stock (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 12, 2018
It was a fast pace environment but safe. I learned how to change a tire. the most enjoyable part was my co-workers. A typical day was working on 4-6 cars an hour.
Good place
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJanuary 25, 2018
This place is calm good co workers. Nice customers.
Fast paced but slow at times. We get cars out at a timely matter. We offer water to all customers especially if it is hot out.
Pros
Good workout
Cons
Weather on occation
Not recomended
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Not trained properly, The pay was horrible for the work needed to be done. They make you feel stupid for not knowing something you where not trained in. They forget about your 10 minute breaks.
Pros
nothing
Not recommended
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Very stressful and busy with bad management. Over 100 cars per day never respected. Decent pay and hours but for the amount of work and effort needed they way was not enough for me
Pros
hours
Cons
pay, treatment
very competitive
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 2, 2018
A typical day at work would be going to your assigned team members and changing the tires of customers and helping them get back on the road safely ..
Friendly
Sales consultant/Service adviser (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 28, 2017
Friendly place to work. Clean show room but slow paced and varmint and the company needs more stability financially. Potential growth in this environment but need stronger management and better communication skills

Want to know more about America's Tire?

Ask a question
Fun and busy place to work
Tire Tech (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 13, 2017
Working at america's tire was a great experience. I loved the fast paced work, the amount of hours was awesome, my schedule was great and the management was great.
Very nice people to work with
Service Technician/ crew chief (Current Employee) –  Artesia, CANovember 7, 2017
It's a very busy and fast paced environment
Very good management
Hardest part is that it is very fast paced
The most enjoyable thing is the people that I work with very comfortable to work with
Pros
Very simple job
Cons
Hours
Fun work place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAOctober 28, 2017
Fun work place. They were unsafe and didn’t do work to standard. They claimed they were the best but they would always cut short. Breaks were reasonable. Hired new employees at an higher salary then old employees.
Pros
Good breaks.
Cons
Lack of communication, no care is work.
Productive and fun
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 26, 2017
This job is fast paced and has very friendly staff. Everyone works hard and had a positive attitude. The hardest part of the job is working on a big truck but that is when we ask fellow employees for assistance. It is a pretty fun and hang out with all the guys and working on cars.
Pros
Friendly, positive attitude, excellent customer service
Cons
Weather conditions
if u like cars and like to run around all day this job is for you
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Industry, CA 91748September 19, 2017
very stressful. lots of running. heavy lifting. management can be rude.
there is opportunity for you if you work hard and fast all day. with willing to learn you can move up fast.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 15, 2017
My time at Americas tire was not a very good experience. Management was not very good, therefor made the job unpleasant to attend. This job was a good job to have because it taught me a lot about hard work.
First Job
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 11, 2017
Was my first job, loved it. Was working after school for a few hours a day, and learned a lot from the experienced mechanics. Went and joined military.
Fun place to work with great environement
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 3, 2017
This was a fun place to work because of the atmosphere. It wsa a fast paced environment to work in to to the young people that worked there. Great place for a young person to work in part time while attending school.
manager is the worst, but other employes are great
Sales Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAAugust 2, 2017
The Guys who work there are really good guys its like a big family but, the manager is the worst part he is two faced, can not be trusted. would be a great place to work if the manager was a different person a lot of turnover because the employs don't get along with him.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Manager is the worst
Fast pace and fun place to work
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at work would be come in an take out all the tires in the bays left from the night before. Then we would wait until we have customers and start to bring tag into the bay to work on them. I learned there is a lot of safety precautions before working on someones cars. The management was run by good people who cared about their employees but also they were in a constant rush and fast pace. The culture was fun and fast moving. Hardest part of the job had to be trying to balance giant uneven truck tires. The best part of the job was being a Crew Chief and helping all the cars get in and out of the bays as fast as possible.
Pros
Good benefits and constant pay.
Cons
Constant fast pace hard on body