America First Credit Union Employee Reviews

really professional.
CREDIT UNION TELLER (Current Employee) –  UTAH CLEARFIELDOctober 22, 2018
this job is good and I like the company, but the management is sometimes rude and inconsiderate sometimes. But the company is a really good place to work for.
Pros
good hours, good banifits.
Cons
menegment not good.
Great place to work great benefits and culture
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Ogden UtahSeptember 21, 2018
One of the best places to work and build up a career, Typical day of work is non-stop IT support work to provide members the credit union seamless service and support to those who work at the branch.

management that cares about you and your upward mobility. They provide tuition reimbursement, great motivations to go to school and improve your life.

Learned many different management styles and functions that will help in the future. worked with great friends and coworkers that made the environment fun and enjoyable.

Hardest part of the job was workload there is a lot to do in the time frame.

Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work close to home, great people, and benefits.
Pros
Ping pong table, flexibility
Cons
Productive and great work environment.
Service Center Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTSeptember 18, 2018
AFCU offers competitive pay which is why I find it hard to leave where I now make more than my husband and receive more raises that I ever have in a work place within the 2 years I’ve been employed there. I absolutely love my employer. However my position pays me very well and the position itself is no longer a position that suits my stress levels as they have changed. In a position that’s considered the hardest position in the whole credit union, trying to find another position that pays the same amount is near to impossible.
Pros
Great health benefits, paid time off, paid holidays, paid sick time off
Cons
No overtime allowed
Good job for beginner at work force
Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 17, 2018
This is a good job for recent graduates or those wanting to get back into the work force. The managers are usually pretty good about working with your schedule, but the pay isn't as high compared to other financial institutions. They also train their employees well, adding to the value of a beginners first job. Opportunities for advancement depend on how proactive you are and how your manager is with you.
Pros
Professional work ethic and standards
Cons
Low salary and advancement issues
Its ok.
Bilingual Consumer Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UT 84405September 8, 2018
Management is all promoted from within so not a lot of outside vision. They talk about how it only matters if members are helped yet it always comes down to the numbers.
Great training program to help you succeed and progress
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 5, 2018
They have a great team that helps train on regular trainings and management trainings. They set you up to succeed when you go to your respective roles.
Mostly Good
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTSeptember 2, 2018
Great place to work. There are two assistant managers and the VP that shouldn't be there because of their clear display of nepotism but other than that its a great place to work.
Pros
Paid vacations, tickets to sporting events
Cons
Nepotism
great experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 28, 2018
I love this industry.I love working hands on with people and meeting the members. It was a great environment to work for. Definitely room for growth. You will love it.
Quite and very to yourself
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTAugust 27, 2018
It is a great place to work. Management could have been better. I had some family issues and they refused to let me go with my family and made me work until my shift was over.
Repetitive
Proficient in teaching, sales (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 22, 2018
the job has a good up-beat atmosphere, there are times in each day that will have very repititious actions, and it gets very boring. and you also have to deal with angry people and their money.
Pros
learn financial stability and organization quickly
Cons
very repetitious
Career worthy!
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 18, 2018
Working at AFCU was the best, most professional job I've ever had! Everyone is so friendly, from coworkers to members. You build great relationships through-out. Not to mention they are still a growing company!
A great a place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 14, 2018
The co workers and managers that I worked with are amazing! This company really truly cares about their employees. I would 100% recommend working at America First Credit Union.
Great place to work to get experience but don't plan on staying here too long.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 10, 2018
This place will offer a lot of educational opportunities and advancement which is awesome but they do not promote individuality and new ideas. They want you to put your head down, shut up, work, and do what they say with no questions asked. They prefer only certain kinds of personalities and try to changed you into what they want.
Pros
fast advancement for talented employees
Cons
Terrible management styles
Stressfull
Member Service Rep III (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTAugust 9, 2018
Working at America First is Stressfull in the call center the mangment only cares about the numbers and not the members and they put alot of pressure on the employees to get through each call fast they have a lot of turn around in the call center due to managment. I enjoyed my co-workers and the members I also got to know alot of things about banking that I never knew that I am glad I now know. The hardest part of the job was the chages every day they would change things and then the next day it would be back to they way it was a week ago it was very stressfull going to work each day.
Pros
Bounous two times a year
Cons
Managment
great place to work at
Teller (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTAugust 5, 2018
America First is great place t work at and have friends help people and get some fun also.
great management and schedule. great placebo move on in your career
Great place to work. Great Enviroment
Loan Officer 6-8 (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2018
I would stay if i could! I have always had fun working with America First. Never a dull moment. Depending on which location you're at its typically pretty busy. Love my coworkers and the great enviroment.
Great
Teller (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTJuly 27, 2018
America First is one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. They’re great to they lit employees, as well as their members. Loved it!! I would go back to the NSL Lee’s branch anytime. For employment or for banking purposes.
Pros
Experience may vary slightly dependent upon coworkers and supervisors
Cons
Experience may vary slightly dependent upon coworkers and supervisors
Productive and fun workplace with downtime activities.
Mortgage Loan Closing Associate (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTJuly 26, 2018
Loved working for this company. I felt like I was a part of the team and my job was important. There are many opportunities for advancement or career change within the company.
Good Starting Job
teller line (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 18, 2018
Great job to start out with. I liked my time with America First Credit Union. It was one of my very first jobs. It taught me how to handle my money well. Although, the pay wasn't very great, the people were nice. Dealing with the public is always going to be stressful, but I will always remember it being pleasant because it's where the love story began with my husband and that is my favorite thing ever.
Fun place
Teller level 5 (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2018
Stressful but very fun place to work at.
flexible school schedule
fun coworkers
helping members is the fun part of the day
America first is the busiest credit union but very fun