America Works Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A wonderful place to grow
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2018
America Works is a resource center that provides a number of services to people that are trying to gain employment. My Professional Experience in this work place is full of learning and helping customers accomplish their goal of employment.
Productive place to work.
Greater NY Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2018
The days were fast paced. I learned that the corporate work setting was not for me. Management was available when needed. The work place culture was of a Corporate setting. The hardest part of the job was working in a Corporate (stiff and unyielding setting). Nevertheless, I enjoyed working with the clients in a fast paced setting.
Pros
Fast paced setting; clients were well prepped.
Cons
The Corporate setting was not something I enjoyed.
Working for the company was fun and it transformed my way of thinking.
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2018
What I learned, was to think on a broader level. The workplace culture was diverse, and the hardest part of the job was to, leave after the day ended.
Pros
healthcare, salary, management, co-workers!
Cons
Sometimes, the customers would get under your skin, but you have to be good in customers skills.
Entry Level Role Review
Corporate Accounts Liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2018
One of my first jobs out of college, my only function was to communicate with our corporate partners and connect with them. It was mind-numbing work and quantity seemed to be prized over quality.
This was very rewarding work.
Sales Manager/Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 6, 2018
This is a welfare to work program offered to recipients receiving social services benefits. They had to attend job readiness training and then apply to jobs provided by the staff.
Very professional
Job Prep/Computer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 8, 2017
Americaworks is a company that helps people of all aspects of life to fine employment and helps them get back on there feet. It is an excellent company to work for
Pros
excellent benefits and management
Cons
due to changes travel became stressful
Good Company Concept
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2017
If you do the research on the company you will find that it has good bones. The goal of the organization is to help people get back to work rapidly. Key word is rapid. That means quickly. With that said sometimes people may have to take jobs that they do not like but it still puts food on the table. That is probably the hardest part of the job because the business is set-up to make money on placing people which is fair but there is not always a lot of time for advanced screening and training. But overall, it is a good business and the help is needed.
Pros
Good first job for case managers
Cons
Rude clients
America Works is an agency / L & R is the company
Quality Control Checker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2017
It was not one of the best environments to work in. I learned on the job what I was my responsibility. Management had other employees cross train me for the position. The culture was multi cultural. it was very difficult as I had to stand on my feet most of the day.
Pros
Happy assignment ended
Cons
My feet were ruined after that
Fear Driven
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2017
There is no training, no job security, you will live in fear of losing your job monthly. They are numbers driven and that is it. They do not care about their clients or their employees, it is all money all the time. They expect you to do a job without the tools to do it. You will be dealing with angry, mentally ill clients who will test you and be combative. Your managers will be ineffective.They want a million different reports saying the same thing and this takes you off task constantly. It's like watching kiddies play at running a real company. They know they have a company culture that is toxic and they don't care. As long as they're making money off the backs of poor minorities, they don't care.
Pros
Less than Zero
Cons
Job security is a joke, stressful
Incompetent directors, micro managment
Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Too many tasks, high client volume, incompetent leaders, no HR, low wages, overworked and underpaid. However, they were flexible with time off. Poor benefits.
Intense work with little support
Timekeeper (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2017
Management often does not take people's experiences into account and instead, expects them to just keep going when it gets hard. There's no recognition for those who stay with the company when it gets tough.
Cons
No fridges, microwaves or breakrooms.
America Works was a horrible place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 4, 2017
Management at America Works is horrible, the clients are extremely hard to deal with, the atmosphere is very stressful and I'm so glad I don't work there again.
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 8, 2017
Rate this company*required
Overall rating*
No balancrekkgftttt
Solid Organization for Entry-Level experience
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 28, 2017
Account Executive, America Works, Bronx NY June 2015 to Present
• Ranked #3 in the New York City District for billed placements
• Conducted cold calls to generate accounts based off of company leads
• Developed business partnerships with employers whom will staff participants of the back to work program
• Created network leads for placements with referrals
• Created career preparation programs and exercises with referrals to ensure success in hiring process
Pros
Decent work life balance
Cons
Not much job Security
Lack of Professionalism
Corporate Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 2, 2017
Management were very unprofessional. Clients were very disrespectful.Frequent changes and lack of professionalism. Management were not fair. People were not paid fairly
Pros
Productivity
Cons
lack of professionalism
Horrible company culture
Corporate Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 27, 2017
This company is grossly incompetent in regards to how to treat their employees like decent employees. The CEO likes to micromanage while sending out daily passive aggressive emails.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Incompetent management
America works
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I met new people. I stayed sit a smile on face. I enjoyed working at the computers. I love computers and good at it.
Pros
Free lunched
Cons
Short breaks
Supportive, but Tough
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 12, 2016
Company is friendly, job itself can be challenging as many of its clients are unwilling to attend.

Did the fellowship program. Learned a lot and felt like I made a difference.
Best Company I've Ever Worked For
Grants (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2016
America Works is the best place I've ever worked. The management is fantastic and the corporate culture is amazing. It is wonderful to be able to work with smart, intellectual and engaging staff. I feel so glad to be a part of this team. Most importantly, everyone here is dedicated to helping those less fortunate find jobs. I feel blessed every day because I am able to work in a job I love, at a company I love, while helping people who are struggling to find employment achieve their goals.
Senior National Account Executive
Senior National Account Executive / Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2016
I learned how to become a harder worker and trouble shoot problems! Competitive environment! I was an experience that I will never forget!