Americall

Americall Employee Reviews

Stressful working environment
Inadequate training time frame. It was a relaxed work environment, but very fast paced. Could be difficult to keep up. Since I was part of a group that excelled at sales, we were constantly moved to work unfamiliar programs, without time to review program. As part of this group, we were chosen for all Quality Audits. This was very stressful. The best part of the job was getting hired quickly.
Pros
Able to work with nice people.
Cons
Short breaks, no preparation time to learn programs.
This is the worst job i have ever had.
Management will not help you when you ask a question. They just tell you to refer to the KB page. They will never give you a straight up answer to a customers question because they are hiding things, lying to customers....or having us lie to them. I did customer support for STARZ Entertainment. The customers are so rude and you are just expected to deal with it and smile.
Pros
Cons
Lying to customers and having to take the backlash from it
It helped with commication
I mostly took the telemarking job because and need the work and salary. but working for americall helped and a lot with commination skills and salesmanship ability, I helped a lot in talking to other and getting my ideas across and being less shy.
Pros
good hours and deceint pay
Cons
lack off benifits
Relaxed
Work was pretty relaxed. All you have to do is sit on your butt and answer calls. and type in information. The job sometimes consisted of completing you learns.
Not one of the best jobs
It was a job to get me through college. Truth is, I hated the job. I sucked at phone sales and you had to meet a criteria and a number of sales per day. Our supervisor was a lot of fun, but the calls and ticked off people and the stress of having to make so many sales and the screaming fax machines that damaged your hearing made it suck. I heard the company got shut down a few years ago so there is no way to experience working for them yourself.
Pros
great supervisor
Cons
everything else
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Hard job
For someone to work a call center you have to have thick skin. I was not prepared for this. This was my first job so there was definitely a huge learning curve. This job spiked my depression and anxiety. It was very hard for me.
Sales calling
Sales calling to sell cell phones and packages. I also worked the customer service phones and eventually was promoted to Administrative Assistant for a specific department.
Decent place to work
It didn't work out for me just because the poor quality seating was aggravating existing back and shoulder issues I have, and I do not have the mental fortitude to provide customer support for a service or product I hate. And I truly have come to hate the main service they hire support for. On the plus side, I liked most of the coworkers I interacted with and if you are in good health and more patient than I am you could likely do just fine there.
Pros
good coworkers, decent pay, fairly consistently available overtime, many shift options
Cons
short breaks, bad chairs, frustrating product, sparce parking
A Daily Need.
A typical day at Americall recently consisted of taking calls for a larger company dealing with entertainment.. While there are hundreds of other companies that Americall takes calls for, this company always to priority. The calls for this company would begin normally around 5 A.M.assisting each caller, whether it was for a technical issue that would have to be escalated to the next tier via email/ticket or going to the basic information of payments and refunds, which resulted normally with an irate caller. The hardest part of the job is dealing with being belittled all throughout the day, normally almost every call.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Management.
Company review
This was a job that gave the employee and opportunity to make sales goal and earn healthy bonuses. It was a job that didn't require too much training. The turnover rate was very high. and the benefits were less than desired. Management was great. The hardest part was calling customers and being rudely spoken to. The pay rate was low and the benefits were not good. I met many good friends at this company.
Cons
lack of insurance
Very corporate office
The typical work day was clocking in to your station and answering calls that were directed to you unannounced. We trained on the different accounts that AmeriCall serviced; we were the after hours emergency call center for doctors offices, the receptionist for real estate agencies, the online customer service representatives for online stores, the technicians for issues concerning products and the help desk for questions regarding fishing and gaming. We had prompts that we were required to follow, sometimes steering the conversation of an angry customer to ensure they were less angry. There really was no down time in this environment. Calls came in regularly. The most enjoyable part was if we did have down time, co workers would try to have a conversation with one another to get to know one another. Sometimes, there were office pot lucks that were scheduled, but even then, you would only be able to conversate with those co workers that started at the same time as you. So there wasn't much of a social life. Down side was that our schedules to work were given to us as a raffle system. The longer you worked at AmeriCall, the more seniority you got to choose a schedule that fit yours. It was always a fight and the issue of not knowing what your schedule would be like the following week that was hard for me and for many others who had families etc. There were also rude callers that we had to handle with niceties that sometimes made it hard. Overall the experience was very interesting.
Pros
Job description varied and wasn't repetitive
Cons
Sat for 8 hours a day, environment not family friendly and your schedule varied each week
Diverse workplace culture
Americall is a revolving door as far as hiring new employees. A typical day at work includes selling insurance competing with other employees for sales.
Pros
overtime
Cons
Workplace environment
Unstabled environment
Did not like the environment in which I was in due to poor management, no kind of upscale available to other positions, did not seem to care about any complaints coming their way
Content job but not survivable
Typical day at work would include answering phone calls from incoming customers from different accounts (mostly tech support or answering as after hours services for doctors / hospitals). I learned and sharpened my skills to de-escalate customers who were calling in angry or upset. The workplace during the day is not meant for those who can not handle stress well, due to the call volume, not every one realizes that 24 hour call centers are in existence, at nights the call volume is low and not as intense.
This is a good starting job as a call center agent, a good place to dip your feet in the water to see if it is something you can handle, but past that it is not survivable, the pay is not something that you can live off of if you have bills, rent, car payments etc.
telemarteking, Worst Job experience.
First job, so it was my worst job. Wouldn't say it was a bad job, just everything isn't for everyone. I learned from my experience though and it did prepare me for my next job.
Americall
Americall was a good paying job. They have a lot of things you have to keep track f while on the phones. But you do get paid weekly. They do treat the temporary employees unfairly in my opinion.
Pros
Computers, Pot Lucks, Weekly Pay
Cons
Strict, Unfair
Tough sale
Management was not very helpful. Most calls customers already had a service and did not want to switch. Had to dress up with no in-person interaction.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
no benefits
fun,family
great place to work, felt like family, love my manager, enjoyed that I had my own desk, I learned how to do live monitoring, learned how to listen to call and make sure the rep was saying what the script said
Productive and fun work base
I loved working at Americall. I sat down while doing my job, so that was a plus for me! Also the work wasn't too hard to do. So overall it was great! I also loved talking on the phone to different people around the world, i think that was the coolest.
Pros
Great benefits and long breaks
Cons
Not enough off days or overtime
Stressful workplace
Americall is slowly improving, but I would not recommend working here if you are not able to handle stress well. Management and training are not handled well.
Pros
As many hours as you want
Cons
Poor management and training
Americall was a great experience
Americall was a telesales company. Our goal was to reach Discover Card holders and make sure they were satisfied with their line of credit. Also to reach out to potential card holders and let them know the great benefits of the Discover Credit card.
Pros
Great commison
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Americall. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9