American Academy of Dermatology Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Team work, relaxed, fun environment
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 19, 2018
I worked in the Creative & Publishing department. I set up job folders, maintained job logs, participated in meetings, dealt with vendors, was responsible for maintaining vacation calendars and managed phone calls as well as mailings. Participated in yearly budget projections.
benefits
N/a
Member Engagement & Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Department wise, it will depend on who you work for. I have a great boss and I love working with her. Even if the company doesn't appreciate the hard work that is department does, she always shows us how much she does. She is always doing little things for everyone to make there day better.
Great benefits and salary
Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 14, 2017
Great benefits and salary. Good work/life balance. Fast-paced environment, shifting priorities, juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines. Provides an opportunity for professional development.
Nice organization overall, but vastly different work environment in different departments
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 3, 2013
Subcultures within the culture can make this either a pleasant place to work, or a very unpleasant place to work - depends entirely upon what department you are in. Very little latitude in implementing change or new ideas. Publishing and creative seems like the best place to be, followed by philanthropic programs.
Pros
good benefit package that includes 401a, 401b, excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flex time (in theory, not always in reality)
Cons
no opportunity for advancement, higher than usual dysfunctionality in some departments, typical lower pay range that prevails in association sector
Great benefits but limited opportunities for advancement
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 3, 2013
Great benefits but limited opportunities for advancement
Pros
benefits, tuition reimbursement
Cons
limited opportunities for advancement, lack of effective leadership
Solid company with good benefits
SR GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 15, 2012
I enjoyed working with AAD. I designed a lot of different marketing materials and books.
Pros
variety of work
Cons
limited growth opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Academy of Dermatology. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.3InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight