American Academy of Pediatrics Employee Reviews

Very comfortable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 23, 2019
It is a comfortable work environment with kitchen areas located in each work area. However, staff and office software are difficult to work with and people are not friendly. Office equipment needs frequent repair and often delays work from being completed in a timely manner.
Pros
Fun events on holidays
Cons
Difficult people to work with and not friendly
Fun place to work at
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 16, 2019
Meet and greet visitors and vendors who came to meet with staff and CEO, answer multi-line phone. Best part about the job was my office was the Atrium and I got to meet different people every day.
Great Company
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2018
Great place to work. Loved working there great work culture and people. They really care about the work that they do there as well as making their members happy.
Great company that invests in employees
Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 5, 2018
I learn a lot while working at the AAP. The compensation was competitive and the benefits were great. I really appreciated the staff development opportunities.
Benefits
Cons
Lacks diversity
Temporary Assignment
Division Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 30, 2018
Inviting environment temporary assignment. I was placed in the job to cover for a medial leave of absence. Training was provided, administrative tasks.
No comment
Mission Support (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJuly 2, 2018
If you have nothing nice to say nothing at all. Karma is a witch, what goes around comes around. Some things are better left unsaid. What else can I type here to meet the character requirements.
Love working here
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILJune 6, 2018
AAP has experienced lot of changes during the last 3 years, (new leadership team additions, building and moving to a new building). Overall, this organization somehow maintains a positive vibe and the employees genuinely believe in the mission of improving children's health and supporting the membership. The employees are knowledgeable, helpful, and passionate. It's the longest place I have worked and do not have any plans of moving on.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, mission
Cons
Can't really think of anything
Membership Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 1, 2017
This company is a wonderful community with lovely people.
The work is well balanced.
The amount of work vs. hours spent on the job is pretty good. In other words there is good organization taking place.

We had a half an hour lunch on a typical 8-hour day.

The hardest part of the job. I really didn't have a hard part in the job. The most enjoyable, was processing data and answering members inquiries.
Pros
Great family/community to work in.
Cons
No cons.
A comfortable place to work
Word Processor/Help Desk/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 31, 2017
After 31 years employed with the Academy, I would recommend the Academy to anyone. The benefits are outstanding. Very comfortable place to work and expand your career.
Pros
productive and outgoing
Awesome place to work
Summer Temp (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 17, 2017
Everyone is so nice and it is a great organization with an amazing mission. The management is willing to help with anything. Everyone works together well.
Membership Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 8, 2017
The work life balance is typical of a non-for-profit association with its structure and schedule.
Meetings when needed, phone and computer and daily interaction with other staff members and pediatricians or students in the process of becoming one day pediatricians.
I have learned about the path one has to take in order to become a pediatrician. The various programs and venues that one takes before becoming a full practicing pediatrician.
There was no hard part of the job as I loved what I did.
The most enjoyable part of learning new things and putting them in practice as well as helping out in a very noble profession.
Some of the colleagues that I have worked with have also been a pleasure to work with as well as get to know on a personal level.
Pros
Good association to build long term goals.
Cons
A bit too political at times.
Terrific Atmosphere and Staff
Data Entry Specialist, Admin.-Conf. Call Coord. (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 6, 2017
Functioned as a temporary employee in a couple of different departments. Staff always treated me like a permanent employee with respect. Very amicable place to work.
consultant experience
Research Consultant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 19, 2016
My work with the American Academy of Pediatrics was as a consultant. I had interaction with only a few staff, but they were organized and produced ethical research.
Great environment to work in
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILJanuary 10, 2015
I was in a temporary, part-time position as a research associate. I found the work that I was doing on childhood obesity to be quite rewarding and greatly believed in the project that I was working on. I worked with a congenial group of people. It was a great environment to work in.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
temporary position
International Manager
Manager, International Affairs (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 24, 2014
Manage day-to-day communication with international partner, and internal stake holders.
Great Company, Great Mission, Satisfying and Challenging
IT Developer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 10, 2014
If you are looking for a great place with lots of opportunity, a chance to learn and make a difference, a wonderful mission, this is the place. If you are afraid of change and want to coast for the rest of your career, then I'd say probably not the place for you. Do not be fooled by those who would rather coast, not learn new skills and settle for the same thing year in and year out. I'm glad I'm here!
Pros
Work Environment, Benefits, Innovation
Cons
Parking
if they will know how to select managers it will be a good place to work
Grants Administrator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove VillageOctober 1, 2013
depends what department you are working, but finance has the worse managers
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
poor management
IT Department as whole
IT (Current Employee) –  Elk, WAJuly 26, 2013
This is the worst place ever. There is not a single drop of professionalism in this place. Specially in the IT department. The Director of IT department thinks he knows what he is talking about but has no clue how to manage the department.

They micro management like no other. I really feel bad for myself and others in the IT department as they keep going through re-org. Its just a horrible environement to be in and everyone in the IT department may leave as soon as more positions open up in other companies.

This is just a very bad place to work. Trust me, I know and don't jep, your career with this move here. It suck unless you like to be micro-managed all the time.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Micro management
Terrible company to work for
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 17, 2013
They are the worst company to work for. They are very old school, and the envvironment is terrible. They treat their emploayees horrible.
Pros
they have a cafe
Great place to have your career
Section/Council Membership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 1, 2013
The American Academy of Pediatrics is the best place I have worked. Everyone I worked with I had a passion for the work they were doing. The AAP offered amazing benefits and a great environment. Only staying home with my children could have made me leave that company!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Academy of Pediatrics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight