American Access Casualty Company Employee Reviews

I wish I never came here!!
FTZ Rep (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 29, 2018
The management here is horrible! A lot of favoritism and pointing fingers. They don’t communicate with their employees well except for the ones “they like”. It’s frustrating always seeing other employees laughing, talking, and standing around doing absolutely nothing! The supervisors aren’t helpful at all. The only incentive they offer is food. The health insurance sucks. They over work you while being under paid! They care more about filling seats then seeing how to actually improve the job culture. This by far is the worse company I’ve ever worked for, and would never recommend working here unless you need a check. Even then I still would look else where!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management, Short breaks, Healthcare, Training, Advancement, Environment
December 7, 2018

Thank you for your insight. We are a growing company and therefore workloads have increased due to this. We are working to add staff to aide in our growth and assist with the workload. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience and will use this to improve our company.

stressfull yet fun
Fast Track Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 30, 2018
phones are hectic, I have learned a lot but hard to advance in co. even if you know your stuff, your on the phones all day and it can be stressful, certain supervisors make it fun.
Pros
friday bagels, celebrate employees time at co
Cons
short breaks, and point system
November 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your positive reviews and will continue to STRIVE towards offering rewarding careers and opportunities to our employees.

Not recommended
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 27, 2018
A typical day at work would be being micromanages by my supervisor and getting almost always angry phone calls about insurance policies. Agents are not explaining coverage to customers. Training was okay but not enough as things are always changing. You are sort of set up to fail as there is too much work and you will get behind. Even if you stay on top of things you can get 30 files transferred to you with out notice. The appraisers are there for themselves and never communicate efficiently with you so they may tell the customer something completely different than what you are. It is also an issue that they can write up damages but it takes up to 3 days to get to you. if you just start you have to wait for a supervisors approval, most take almost a week to get back to you. so you are always behind. they do give out a Christmas bonus, your raise is not good. They pay below average for your position. The people that work here are full of drama including the managers. They all talk behind your back. My manager would talk negatively about other team members when they could not make the meeting. It was very unprofessional. I had seen managers talk about inappropriate things way more than I can count. Also managers are horrible at helping you, they scold instead of teaching and being supportive.
Pros
bagels on Friday, Christmas bonus, free coffee
Cons
no upwards mobility, micro managed, parking
October 9, 2018

Thank you for your insight on our company. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us. We are currently a growing company which has increased the amount of workload for our employees and we are working hard to bring on new employees to support our growth. We will be looking into the feedback you provided regarding management and company culture to help improve our company

- American Access Casualty Company

The ppl are awesome.
ARBI Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 30, 2018
HUGE workload with constantly changing procedures which are ill explained and mostly not well thought out. Management are awesome people just following the rules.

This company needs better organization, better training and more people.
Pros
bagel fridays, no one cares if you make mistakes, job security
Cons
too much work load, poor communication of constant changes, poor training
Its an up and downhill slope
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 28, 2018
It’s an great company just wished it was ran correctly, no room for growth in this company and if they do an interview for a position that everyone should have a fair chance for, its not , it’s fixed. They just hire and wait until someone leaves or gets fired. Low morale as well, if they actually took the time to talk to their workers about what should be changed, they would find out everyone is having the same problem. If your looking for growth not come here, nothing will be done.
Pros
Health care, 401k, dental, vision, bonuses
Cons
Lack of teamwork, lack of leadership, lack of morale, lack of pay
Don’t do it
Claims Department (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 22, 2018
All the reviews regarding the claim dept are spot on; the recent positive ones was no doubt made up by some brown nose that works there Upper management hasn’t a clue and not one of them including the claim manager could handle a claim to save their life but they can sure tell you how to do it. Wake up folks and admit what you are so sure would work isn’t and you have failed. A sure thing, install a revolving door you will surely get your moneys worth!!
Pros
Not working there
Find another job
Ftz employee (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 17, 2018
When i was intially hired here i was excited and ready for a new career. Wanted to make a difference in a smaller but thriving company or so i thought. Training consisted of being dictated to for 4 hours and sitting with someone for 3 or 4. Dont ask questions because they wont be answered youll just have to refer to your manual or figure it out on your own becuse the supervisors are over worked and too busy. Most employees are nice while managers make fun of you behind you back in which they use food as your motivater;Free lunches, donuts, and bagels. Lots of work but i like fast paced environments but this was lightning speed. Their team expects you to understand their backwards way of teaching things and thrive. If you have other options dont visit this place or their career fair that they often have because the lack of people to fill the chairs. Thats all you are to this company someone to fill a chair. Dont walk but RUN FAR AWAY!!!
Pros
Free food
Cons
10 min breaks no training
Executive Management doesn't understand their employees and there is no work/life balance
Professional (Former Employee) –  Corporate officeMarch 2, 2018
One of the things that led me to take a position with this company was the thorough interview process and the refreshing words from the people that interviewed me. I was told of things like work/life balance, progressive company, truly supportive of all departments and growth in IT etc. What I discovered was when push came to shove, none of this was true and I had been sold a bad bag of goods. This is a company, do not be fooled, that purely goes by the numbers. With all the technology at their disposal they still do not have the progressive forward thinking to allow employees to actually have a life or god forbid have to encounter and deal with a life changing situation and still maintain their position. If you're looking for a place that really cares about it's employees at all levels and understands that sometimes things happen beyond all control (and works with their employees), this isn't it.
Pros
Great Insurance Benefits
Cons
Lack of empathy at Management levels
A productive work environment with room for growth
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 13, 2018
American Access is a growing company with future potential for growth. Great job security, good benefits, 401k & great coworkers. I enjoy working for the supervisors in the company, whenever I’ve had an issue they’ve always had my back.
Pros
Good benefits, free bagels on Fridays, free lunch once a month, summer outings
March 19, 2018

We appreciate your positive reviews! American Access strives to offer our employees competitive benefits, an employee appreciation program, and perks to show our appreciation for their hard work

very poor management
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 8, 2018
If you don't keep up with your schedule, if you even dare to call in sick, take a personal day, or god forbid "vacation" you pay the price for so long just trying to catch up. The so called "training" consisted of 1-2 days sitting with someone to watch what they do and if they are fast, because in this place you have to be, then you never are able to see what it is that they are doing. God knows you cannot ask for assistance because you get that look that makes you want to crawl under your desk.
Pros
the end of the day...whenever you can reach it
Cons
having to come in on weekends & holidays to catch up all of the time
March 19, 2018

Thank you for your insight into the company. The company is currently in a state of growth that has allowed us to create new positions with potential for career growth. The additional positions have and will continue to help our current employees with the high volume of work. In addition, we have recently created a Training Department that will improve our overall training so that we can better prepare our employees with their positions.

Work Volume to Heavy!
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 17, 2017
Sweatshop! Workload very heavy, not enough hours in the day, to pressure filled!
Mgmt is sure what they are doing, very mismanaged place to work with time expected to work.
December 20, 2017

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the company and appreciate your feedback. We are a growing company which has increased the amount of workload for our employees therefore we are working hard to bring in new employees to aid in the growth. This has brought and continues to bring new opportunities for advancement to our employees. Our management team is striving towards improving processes and procedures that will aid our employees.

Not worth it
FTZ Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, IANovember 8, 2017
Working every Saturday is a must. Management not very helpful, irate customers due to slow claims process. Training available only when calls are down and that's not too often. Lots of gossip and immature people, parking sucks.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hourly slightly above minimim wage
November 14, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and insight. Our customer service representatives (FTZ claims rep) do work Saturdays in order for us to provide service to our customers which is standard in the insurance industry. We do provide training to our employees and our CSRs (FTZ reps) are able to train and become certified in various claims and underwriting tasks that increase their salary. This also leads our CSRs to start rewarding careers in the underwriting (underwriters) and claims (claims adjusters) departments. We will be looking into and utilizing your feedback of management and the environment to help improved the company.

-American Access Casualty Company

Run! Only come here if you have no other options
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 2, 2017
Employees are expected to work 50+ hours a week to get the job done. Incompetent supervisors, aloof managers, lots of barking orders and lazy managers. Loyal workers are over worked until they either walk out or are fired. Unrealistic, super high pendings, mass layoffs every feb to make room in the budget for their bonuses. Good employees are taken advantage of, lazy ones are promoted. Worst of the worst of non-standard.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Underpaid, over worked
November 14, 2017

Thank you for your insight into the company. We appreciate all the feedback and we will be working hard to utilize this information to better the company. We are currently a growing company which has increased the amount of workload for our employees therefore we are working hard to bring on new employees to aid in the growth. This has brought and continues to bring new opportunities for advancement to our employees as we have created numerous supervisor and management level positions within the last year. We have in fact never experienced a layoff of employees in our companies’ history as we have continued to grow since our inception. American Access values our employee and therefore we offer very competitive benefits that include a 401k with employer match, generous PTO, a Wellness Program that also includes a gym reimbursement plan to name a few. We are sorry that you are having a bad experience and welcome the opportunity to discuss any concerns that you may have. You can reach our Human Resources department at any time to discuss. Thank you again for the feedback.

Ok Company
IT (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 23, 2017
Company is rapidly growing but ways of thinking and organizing are outdated. Overall, the company has a good culture and the perks are great. I would recommend for college grads and people who are looking to make a difference in a small company.
December 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your positive review and will utilize your feedback to continue to improve our processes and procedures.

Productive and accelareted
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Productive and accelareted environment. It was rewarding to help out in 5 states with car claims and insurance issues. It was busy constant work flow with great management.
Pros
Free bagels every friday
November 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your positive reviews and will continue to STRIVE towards offering rewarding careers to our employees.

See below
Litigation adjuster (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 24, 2017
American Access is a sub standard company and is very fast paced and work overload. The management is very hard on their employees and they have a very high turn over rate. I would not recommend anyone working at this company as they be very unhappy and totally stressed out by the work load and working conditions.
November 14, 2017

We are sorry that you had a bad experience and appreciate the insight that you are providing to us. We are currently working hard to bring in new employees, both experienced and entry level, to bring the workload down. While we do expect good work from our employees, we do provide generous benefits and growth opportunities to them. We welcome and opportunity to discuss any additional concerns that you may have as we will utilize this to better American Access. You can reach our Human Resources department at any time to discuss. Thank you again for the feedback.

Great Job Security
FTZ Specialist (Claims Specialist) (Current Employee) –  2211 Butterfield Rd Suite 200 Downers Grove, ILJune 13, 2017
All in all it is a great place to work. Yes the customers are very difficult to deal with but the pay is good and the benefits are also very good. 3 weeks PTO start off and solid base pay. Only thing that is frustrating are the customers but hey what industry doesn't have difficult customers?
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
always changing procedures not always for the better
November 14, 2017

Thank you for your positive review! We value our employees and their hard work which therefore we ensure that we offer competitive benefits. As a growing company, we are working on various procedures to update and better our processes. We welcome the opportunity for your feedback to help improve processes and procedures. You can reach our Human Resources department at any time to discuss. Thank you again for the feedback.

growing company
Fast Track Zone Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 31, 2017
Lots of oppertunity for growth and career advancement. Good overall benefits, 3 weeks paid time off, 401k, yearly bonuses, monthly lunches and christmans raffles.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Work day full of work with no breaks
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2016
A typical day at wor can be very stressful but the work is not rocket science. There's just a lot of work to get done in one day. Also, the management there is awful. The company does not care about its employees. However, the employees on the floor are great people and everyone sort of becomes like a little work family.
Pros
Free bagels every friday
Cons
rarely get a break if ever
Customer Service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grove, ILJune 23, 2016
We receive calls on a daily basis. advancement isn't always for better position. Demand on this environment is very stressful.
Pros
customer satisfaction.
Cons
enviroment inst encouraging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Access Casualty Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8