American Access Casualty Company Employee Reviews

Worst company I have ever worked at
Senior Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2019
Very stressful.atmosphere. Management does not care for its employees. Pending are 350 and up for bodily injury adjuster.s Management will tell you they know the pending it high but expect you to keep up to date on diaries. They do not care how many hours you work to try and keep up with pending.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Only work their if you are desperate for a job but keep looking.
March 15, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had a poor experience with us. We are a growing company which results in larger workloads for our staff. To aid in this growth we are hiring additional staff. We will utilize your feedback regarding our staff and training to better our company moving forward.

Do not apply here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 17, 2019
If I could of put no stars I would, don’t even waste your time apply here. It’s basically a sweat shop it’s nothing really good to say about this job. I had the worst mangers ever she was very messy and gossip all the time and made fun of the employee. Everyone there is miserable so they always have a horrible attitude. The hire up are so rude and they act as if your be low them. Like I said just don’t apply
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No work life balance
January 28, 2019

Thank you for your insight. We are sorry to hear you had a poor experience and will look into your feedback regarding management and training to better our staff.

-American Access Casualty Company

You will not love this Job
Auto Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2019
If you don't like being micromanaged and never be able to reach management when you need to get answers on procedures and decisions, then do not work for this company. I would only get answers days after I needed them and usually questioning my work and communications with clients. All your decisions are questioned, and procedures change from one day to the next, so your workload changes constantly and you are never able to catch up. They make you travel 150 miles from one day to the next, work 10 or 12 hours and drive back home and expect you to complete all appraisals be end of day. After my manager insulted me by telling me I did not know how to do my job I had it!. How can you do your work when procedures change constantly? They never considered that I worked 12 hours a day, 6 days a week (even if you are hire for 5 days and 8 hrs). I did enjoy the meetings telling you were the company is going, and what they are doing to attend the problems. However, Micromanagement and poor customer service were the worst part of working for this company. Oh, and your boss’ boss doesn’t know who you are. If you call her, she will ask for your case number, as if you were a customer… If you decide to work here, Good Luck!! All you will be is a number.
Pros
company gifts, 401K, Paid vacation
Cons
Micromanagement, poor comunication, and overworked
January 14, 2019

We appreciate your feedback regarding our company. We are a growing company which means increases workloads however we are hiring additional staff to assist with this growth. We will evaluate and utilize this feedback to improve our training so that we can better prepare our staff and enhance our company.

-American Access Casualty Company

Awful company, management harassed employees
Associate Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 3, 2019
I worked at American Access for 3 months and let me tell you... RUN! This was the worst company I have ever worked for. The management does not know what they are doing and they are the ones training and grading you. Also employees that have been there 1 month longer than you are also training and grading you... the training is watching a 2007 video on a system that they don’t even use anymore... and then you meet one on one with a “trainer” who reads word for word a PowerPoint that is also outdated. You better slick back your hair and wear a suit to work or else you will get told to “dress more professional” even though the supervisors wear jeans and tee shirts. If you like sitting in a computer chair waiting on phone calls for 20minutes, not being able to check your phone, and being told to “sit straight up in your chair” as the unkowedgeable underwriting manager stares at you, this is the job for you.

Please please please... look somewhere else
Pros
Stale bagel Friday’s
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your insight into the company. We are sorry to hear you had an unfavorable experience with us. We will look into your feedback regarding management and training to better our company.

-American Access Casualty Company

I wish I never came here!!
FTZ Rep (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 29, 2018
The management here is horrible! A lot of favoritism and pointing fingers. They don’t communicate with their employees well except for the ones “they like”. It’s frustrating always seeing other employees laughing, talking, and standing around doing absolutely nothing! The supervisors aren’t helpful at all. The only incentive they offer is food. The health insurance sucks. They over work you while being under paid! They care more about filling seats then seeing how to actually improve the job culture. This by far is the worse company I’ve ever worked for, and would never recommend working here unless you need a check. Even then I still would look else where!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management, Short breaks, Healthcare, Training, Advancement, Environment
December 7, 2018

Thank you for your insight. We are a growing company and therefore workloads have increased due to this. We are working to add staff to aide in our growth and assist with the workload. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience and will use this to improve our company.

stressfull yet fun
Fast Track Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 30, 2018
phones are hectic, I have learned a lot but hard to advance in co. even if you know your stuff, your on the phones all day and it can be stressful, certain supervisors make it fun.
Pros
friday bagels, celebrate employees time at co
Cons
short breaks, and point system
November 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your positive reviews and will continue to STRIVE towards offering rewarding careers and opportunities to our employees.

Not recommended
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 27, 2018
A typical day at work would be being micromanages by my supervisor and getting almost always angry phone calls about insurance policies. Agents are not explaining coverage to customers. Training was okay but not enough as things are always changing. You are sort of set up to fail as there is too much work and you will get behind. Even if you stay on top of things you can get 30 files transferred to you with out notice. The appraisers are there for themselves and never communicate efficiently with you so they may tell the customer something completely different than what you are. It is also an issue that they can write up damages but it takes up to 3 days to get to you. if you just start you have to wait for a supervisors approval, most take almost a week to get back to you. so you are always behind. they do give out a Christmas bonus, your raise is not good. They pay below average for your position. The people that work here are full of drama including the managers. They all talk behind your back. My manager would talk negatively about other team members when they could not make the meeting. It was very unprofessional. I had seen managers talk about inappropriate things way more than I can count. Also managers are horrible at helping you, they scold instead of teaching and being supportive.
Pros
bagels on Friday, Christmas bonus, free coffee
Cons
no upwards mobility, micro managed, parking
October 9, 2018

Thank you for your insight on our company. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us. We are currently a growing company which has increased the amount of workload for our employees and we are working hard to bring on new employees to support our growth. We will be looking into the feedback you provided regarding management and company culture to help improve our company

- American Access Casualty Company

Don’t work here if you can help it
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 11, 2018
First off they just started training people correctly.....meaning a lot of people are doing things wrong but not being retrained. The management only cares about numbers and not helping their staff reach goals. Most people that work here work up to 60 hours a week just to keep up. The customers are risky and always yelling and threatening you. The agents that sell the polices do not explain them good enough. High stress, heavy workload, pay is okay but less than industry standard, hard to get help if you really need it. New policies are always coming in and it’s hard to keep up with what management actually wants. If you ask questions some managers act like you are bugging them so a lot of people just don’t ask. No one ever walks you thru the policies they just give you them and expect you to understand. Don’t go on vacation because no one will cover like they say will happen. Most people that work here have horrible customer service. Managers are all different; some micromanage you while others don’t. They push you into handling more responsibilities when you are not ready. No proper raise. They say 5% but everyone gets 3%. They rush you to close at months end. Some managers just walk around and goof off most of their day while others can not be found.
Pros
Bagels on Friday. Own desk.
Cons
Workload, stress, customers, no consistency
The ppl are awesome.
ARBI Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 30, 2018
HUGE workload with constantly changing procedures which are ill explained and mostly not well thought out. Management are awesome people just following the rules.

This company needs better organization, better training and more people.
Pros
bagel fridays, no one cares if you make mistakes, job security
Cons
too much work load, poor communication of constant changes, poor training
Its an up and downhill slope
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 28, 2018
It’s an great company just wished it was ran correctly, no room for growth in this company and if they do an interview for a position that everyone should have a fair chance for, its not , it’s fixed. They just hire and wait until someone leaves or gets fired. Low morale as well, if they actually took the time to talk to their workers about what should be changed, they would find out everyone is having the same problem. If your looking for growth not come here, nothing will be done.
Pros
Health care, 401k, dental, vision, bonuses
Cons
Lack of teamwork, lack of leadership, lack of morale, lack of pay
Don’t do it
Claims Department (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 22, 2018
All the reviews regarding the claim dept are spot on; the recent positive ones was no doubt made up by some brown nose that works there Upper management hasn’t a clue and not one of them including the claim manager could handle a claim to save their life but they can sure tell you how to do it. Wake up folks and admit what you are so sure would work isn’t and you have failed. A sure thing, install a revolving door you will surely get your moneys worth!!
Pros
Not working there
Find another job
Ftz employee (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 17, 2018
When i was intially hired here i was excited and ready for a new career. Wanted to make a difference in a smaller but thriving company or so i thought. Training consisted of being dictated to for 4 hours and sitting with someone for 3 or 4. Dont ask questions because they wont be answered youll just have to refer to your manual or figure it out on your own becuse the supervisors are over worked and too busy. Most employees are nice while managers make fun of you behind you back in which they use food as your motivater;Free lunches, donuts, and bagels. Lots of work but i like fast paced environments but this was lightning speed. Their team expects you to understand their backwards way of teaching things and thrive. If you have other options dont visit this place or their career fair that they often have because the lack of people to fill the chairs. Thats all you are to this company someone to fill a chair. Dont walk but RUN FAR AWAY!!!
Pros
Free food
Cons
10 min breaks no training
Executive Management doesn't understand their employees and there is no work/life balance
Professional (Former Employee) –  Corporate officeMarch 2, 2018
One of the things that led me to take a position with this company was the thorough interview process and the refreshing words from the people that interviewed me. I was told of things like work/life balance, progressive company, truly supportive of all departments and growth in IT etc. What I discovered was when push came to shove, none of this was true and I had been sold a bad bag of goods. This is a company, do not be fooled, that purely goes by the numbers. With all the technology at their disposal they still do not have the progressive forward thinking to allow employees to actually have a life or god forbid have to encounter and deal with a life changing situation and still maintain their position. If you're looking for a place that really cares about it's employees at all levels and understands that sometimes things happen beyond all control (and works with their employees), this isn't it.
Pros
Great Insurance Benefits
Cons
Lack of empathy at Management levels
A productive work environment with room for growth
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 13, 2018
American Access is a growing company with future potential for growth. Great job security, good benefits, 401k & great coworkers. I enjoy working for the supervisors in the company, whenever I’ve had an issue they’ve always had my back.
Pros
Good benefits, free bagels on Fridays, free lunch once a month, summer outings
March 19, 2018

We appreciate your positive reviews! American Access strives to offer our employees competitive benefits, an employee appreciation program, and perks to show our appreciation for their hard work

very poor management
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 8, 2018
If you don't keep up with your schedule, if you even dare to call in sick, take a personal day, or god forbid "vacation" you pay the price for so long just trying to catch up. The so called "training" consisted of 1-2 days sitting with someone to watch what they do and if they are fast, because in this place you have to be, then you never are able to see what it is that they are doing. God knows you cannot ask for assistance because you get that look that makes you want to crawl under your desk.
Pros
the end of the day...whenever you can reach it
Cons
having to come in on weekends & holidays to catch up all of the time
March 19, 2018

Thank you for your insight into the company. The company is currently in a state of growth that has allowed us to create new positions with potential for career growth. The additional positions have and will continue to help our current employees with the high volume of work. In addition, we have recently created a Training Department that will improve our overall training so that we can better prepare our employees with their positions.

Work Volume to Heavy!
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 17, 2017
Sweatshop! Workload very heavy, not enough hours in the day, to pressure filled!
Mgmt is sure what they are doing, very mismanaged place to work with time expected to work.
December 20, 2017

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the company and appreciate your feedback. We are a growing company which has increased the amount of workload for our employees therefore we are working hard to bring in new employees to aid in the growth. This has brought and continues to bring new opportunities for advancement to our employees. Our management team is striving towards improving processes and procedures that will aid our employees.

Not worth it
FTZ Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, IANovember 8, 2017
Working every Saturday is a must. Management not very helpful, irate customers due to slow claims process. Training available only when calls are down and that's not too often. Lots of gossip and immature people, parking sucks.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hourly slightly above minimim wage
November 14, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and insight. Our customer service representatives (FTZ claims rep) do work Saturdays in order for us to provide service to our customers which is standard in the insurance industry. We do provide training to our employees and our CSRs (FTZ reps) are able to train and become certified in various claims and underwriting tasks that increase their salary. This also leads our CSRs to start rewarding careers in the underwriting (underwriters) and claims (claims adjusters) departments. We will be looking into and utilizing your feedback of management and the environment to help improved the company.

-American Access Casualty Company

Run! Only come here if you have no other options
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 2, 2017
Employees are expected to work 50+ hours a week to get the job done. Incompetent supervisors, aloof managers, lots of barking orders and lazy managers. Loyal workers are over worked until they either walk out or are fired. Unrealistic, super high pendings, mass layoffs every feb to make room in the budget for their bonuses. Good employees are taken advantage of, lazy ones are promoted. Worst of the worst of non-standard.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Underpaid, over worked
November 14, 2017

Thank you for your insight into the company. We appreciate all the feedback and we will be working hard to utilize this information to better the company. We are currently a growing company which has increased the amount of workload for our employees therefore we are working hard to bring on new employees to aid in the growth. This has brought and continues to bring new opportunities for advancement to our employees as we have created numerous supervisor and management level positions within the last year. We have in fact never experienced a layoff of employees in our companies’ history as we have continued to grow since our inception. American Access values our employee and therefore we offer very competitive benefits that include a 401k with employer match, generous PTO, a Wellness Program that also includes a gym reimbursement plan to name a few. We are sorry that you are having a bad experience and welcome the opportunity to discuss any concerns that you may have. You can reach our Human Resources department at any time to discuss. Thank you again for the feedback.

Ok Company
IT (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 23, 2017
Company is rapidly growing but ways of thinking and organizing are outdated. Overall, the company has a good culture and the perks are great. I would recommend for college grads and people who are looking to make a difference in a small company.
December 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your positive review and will utilize your feedback to continue to improve our processes and procedures.

Productive and accelareted
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Productive and accelareted environment. It was rewarding to help out in 5 states with car claims and insurance issues. It was busy constant work flow with great management.
Pros
Free bagels every friday
November 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your positive reviews and will continue to STRIVE towards offering rewarding careers to our employees.

-American Access Casualty Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Access Casualty Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6