American Addiction Centers Employee Reviews

Very busy place
LCDC/ Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 29, 2018
If they were staffed appropriately it would make the job so much better. very high turn over and it seems they like to fire people for whatever reasons. Bosses are very demanding and at times degrading to their employees.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Very long hours
Great Company
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 20, 2018
This is a wonderful company for writers that understand addictive behavior. You most likely need a degree in psychology or a related field or are an experienced recovering addict to be able to write for the company. The pay is decent and the work interesting. There can
be quite a bit of variability in the type of writing and this helps to keep it interesting.. Management is very supportive!
Pros
Interesting work, fair pay schedule, flexibility in work schedule.
Cons
The only con that I can think of is that the work volume has declined recently, so this more part time now.
My years with AAC
Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2018
A typical day at work involved checking in with my staff to see what transports were scheduled for that day. Then I attend our daily leadership meeting which was followed by our clinical operations meeting. If anything was brought up in those meetings that involved my department, I would work to resolve them. In addition to transportation, I also overlooked reception, patient account, and computer (Salesforce) issues. I would then work with my staff maintenance issues and how best to ensure all transports were successfully completed.
I've learned quite a lot throughout my promotions within AAC. I've learned how to get the most from my staff members in regards to productivity. I've also learned how to plan for any unexpected issues that could arise and become problematic. I've become very effective with the hiring process which and have helped to develop employees which is evidenced by how many have been promoted to other positions. This is the hardest part of my job as I lose a valuable employee but also enjoyable as I watch them progress in their careers. I am experienced with payroll whether it be through ADP or Ultipro.
Management has changed several times within the years that I've been at AAC. I've worked with five different CEOs in the five years that I've been there. I've adapted to whatever changes are made with each new administration and have solid working relationships with each CEO. With every new administration there is obviously going to be change which impacts the workplace culture. There are always highs and lows as not everyone is as open
  more... too these changes but this typically brings the members of leadership closer together to ensure that all of our departments are successful.

departments in regards to
Pros
free lunches, benefits, Pto, promotions
Cons
Constant changes with administration
Need more money
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 3, 2018
Typically the ones that make the $$$$ are of course management, and then maybe the sales team. Basically, the salary can let you just get by, though you will not be able to save or pay for an emergency.
Loved worked for AAC
Business Development Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 29, 2018
Was great, especially in the beginning but in October 2018 AAC went public and it was the first IPO for a rehab company which was neat but also eventually brought about a huge and glaring problem later on and the board finally realized it.
Pros
Building, culture and insurance benefits are great.
Cons
On an island in the treatment world
It can be rewarding, but sometimes challenging
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 25, 2018
I was only here for a short time, but the job itself was ok. The facility was nice. The MHT's were given a reasonable amount of responsibility. The job was not overwhelming, to say the least. At the time, the most unenjoyable part was having to tell grown men that they could not talk to the women there. And vice versa. They could only speak and not hold a conversation with them.
Pros
Free health insurance and meals for employees
Cons
Rounding on over 15 patients in a 2 story building (they could be anywhere)
Great entry level to experience recovery for incoming and continuing alcohol and drug addiction
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 13, 2018
Had a lot of fun especially in the detox house where new (and returning) clients start their journey of recovery. Mgmt was dictatorship, pay insufficient for the job expectations. It was a great way to find out if the treatment atmosphere is something worth persuing,
Pros
developing relationships with clients and therapists
Cons
long hours, inadequate pay
Disrespectful management, underpaid punching bag
Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2018
A typical day at work can vary from watching movies and playing cards with youth to breaking up fist fights and getting hit in the process. Management is horrible and does not follow their own rules (that they fire people for). All staff hates management, which is about the only thing you can bond over. The best part of the job is clocking out and going home.

If you enjoy being severely underpaid for getting beat up and verbally abused by clients, then this is the job for you!
Pros
literally nothing
Cons
low pay, bad management, no advancement, no respect
Company seemed to be more interested with money than client's welfare
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2018
Case mangers worked with 2-3 therapists and had very heavy case loads. We were expected to see a client every 30 minutes. This is impossible to do short term disability, FMLA and and initial assessment. At time of discharge we were also expected to do last assessment, discharge paperwork, and after care planning in 30 minutes. We often worked through lunch to get our work done. There was not good work morale in our office.
Pros
Developing rapport with clients, hearing stories from families that they are doing well, getting positive feedback from clients, seeing them start to recover.
Cons
Seeing people being let go so company can save money, which puts extra work on remaining employees, high case loads
Addiction with addicts and alcoholics services along with dual diagnosis patients
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Riverview Fl.March 11, 2018
A treatment center focused on recovery of the alcoholic and addict and also the Dual diagnosis patient. Medication-assisted detox helping patients through the detox process of 7 to 10 days transferring to higher level of care PHP or RTC and then transferring to IOP very rewarding as addiction is the number one killer of men and women of today very rewarding helping these people get clean and sober and on the road to recovery teach them groups about recovery their health their addiction including anxiety depression and mental health disorders they are learning a new way of living through the tools of recovery to also include a 12-step program.
Pros
Detox
Cons
Long drive
stressful place to work
former employee (Former Employee) –  TXFebruary 28, 2018
If you like your schedule change every month and the management to talk to to like your lower then them then yall its a great place to work they also it very unorganize and they don't tell you until your hired that they don't paid holiday pay.
Pros
1 free meal pre shift
Cons
To much work and not enough pay, rude mangagment
Some great caring people but overall a horrible place to work
BHT (Current Employee) –  Aliso ViejoFebruary 6, 2018
Management plays favorites all of the time. If you aren’t with the “in crowd” they’ll eventually make you want to leave. Certain managers have no business being in the positions they are in. If you like to kiss your boss’s butt you’ll go far or better yet, sleep with them. Human Resources is a joke and does nothing to help resolve conflict. Some of the worst employees are treated like royalty and can do no wrong in the eyes of management. Management does not know how to maintain professional boundaries with their subordinates.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many to list
structured living in a home environment
BHT Lead (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAFebruary 5, 2018
cooked meals transported to and from doctor counslor and therapist
appointments, picked up medications,constant interaction with clients and peers.
I learned patience and tolerance, don't take it personal when clients yell at you and cuse, active listening,
Stressful and fast paced
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 25, 2018
American addiction is a rapidly growing company through out the US. In a Management role the hours can be long and stressful. The job can be rewarding at times and the opportunity to help people is always there. The do offer a great benefits package and positive outlook on continued education
Poor Management
CHEF (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJanuary 24, 2018
If you are not in the inner circle, you are not trusted or valued.
Your opinion does not matter. This organization is more interested in reacquiring the addict after relapse, than helping to end their use of drugs or alcohol. "give them whatever they want whenever they want it.
Run Away!!
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 22, 2018
Horrible, and unethical company--Greenhouse has had 5 CEO's and 4 clinical directors, they are on their 5th in 5 years. There strategy is "hire and fire." It is always point the finger-- and blame employees. Not a place to work, and would suggest you not even start--they pay well for therapist position--not worth the extra money. No stability or support.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
For profit ogranization
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 18, 2018
I had never worked with a for profit organization before and this company is really for profit. The clients are perceived as a number not has a person therefore the level of care being provided is very minimal on a humanistic level of care or concern. "Don't Miss a Group, That's $1000". the client's would repeat. The goal with this organization is to run up peoples insurance plan and put them out once benefit coverage is maxed out and please don't every come here with great insurance they will try and keep you beyond 90 days if possible and use anything as leverage for you not to discharge. A limited number of patients rarely receive the care they really deserve. This is a great company for male white employees regardless of your education or backgroudd. It was like working in an all boys club. There are only 2 HR people but only one really calls the shots and you can never really obtain assistance if need and the boundary issues with the administrative staff is unreal. Many of the staff are in recovery and in a matter of time you will know exactly who they are.
Benefits
Cons
Adminstration
A typical day at work
Health Technician/Medication Technician/Lab (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Management is never organized. The hardest part of this job is getting paid semi-monthly all to feel like you are getting paid minimum wage. I love the clients and what I am here for.
Not in the Business for the Patients
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 11, 2018
It was nice working their when I started,but after a while,it changed for the worse. Patients weren't getting the help they needed as a person/addict.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad Managment
Job Security
Treatment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 10, 2018
Job security does not exist. You may not want to consider my review if you are used to the sales lifestyle. This position is extremely stressful with high quotas that are difficult to meet when working with addicts and their moms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Addiction Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

2.0Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight