American Advisors Employee Reviews

Great people but company is broken they can't close loans
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 6, 2016
Expect to earn 30k-45,000 a year. Processing is broken, the way they order Appraisals is broken and the commission structure is broken. We are paid a small amount per closing each loan with a carrot held in front of the LO's with a bonus structure. If you can close 4 loans a month you will earn $70,000 AAG can't close loans so you will not get paid. Average closings 1-2 loans a month $40K a year. If you don't hit their goal you will be fired; if they don't close your loans no big deal. AAG is a revolving door. Your pipeline stays behind when you leave.
Pros
People, distance from home
Cons
Pay, Pay, Pay.
I real ripoff
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 4, 2016
Worst company to ever work for. They lie about everything no one really makes any money. There products is not recommended.
Pros
Cons
Their product their 401k plan their salary
Its a fun workplace
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 31, 2016
Not too much to share, was working most of the time on troubleshooting issues all the time and not sure if anyone wants a story
Pros
Coffee vending machine
Great Work Environment
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 23, 2016
The company has a great culture where employees feel comfortable and empowered. Employees are engaged and excited to come to work The best part of my day was making my daily rounds to see what new problems had popped up in the company.

The hardest part of this job was the slow process of change that happened when problems were identified. The management team cared a great deal and continually tries to improve the company.
Pros
Great culture, constant strive for improvement
Cons
Long hours, high pressure production
Great Workplace, Limited Individual Growth Potential
Talent Acquisition Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 4, 2016
My favorite place I've worked yet. The culture was tremendous, and I really liked the management I worked with/for. There was not room for advancement as was promised initially.
Pros
Cons
Limited Individual Growth Potential
Great Employees
Sr. Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Horrible Management ! You always feel like your position is in jeopardy. Employees are miserable, quit without having any other positions. It could be a great place but the management need leadership training.
AAG Experience
Loan Servicing Client Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 21, 2016
AAG has really been good to me. A typical day starts with walking in to the office greeted by friendly faces and "Good Mornings" from fellow co-workers. Employees are valued as the individuals they are and are treated with respect for the most part. Management would make it a point to walk around the office and greet everyone individually. The hardest part of the job is explaining Servicing's processes and procedures to borrowers who don't understand or have been misinformed during the loan process. Another challenge is establishing that sense of trust because so many of the borrowers have been taken advantage of in the past either by scams or family members. AAG offers peace of mind and a more comfortable way of living for those who are in need.
Pros
Family Orientated, Friendly, Value of Employees
Cons
Advancement and continuing education are not encouraged and are opportunities posted but are bias