American AgCredit
Coronavirus update
Information from American AgCredit:

American AgCredit Employee Reviews

United States24 reviews
But they expect top notch quality from their workers. The benefits are incredible and the farm sector isnt going away anytime soon. Earn valuable skills.
Going through pain points with Agile Transformation. Management team is quite new and keeps changing creating an ongoing unsettling feeling for employees.
• Understanding the several Processor components
• Analyzing the data in design database.

• Maintaining the data with different levels of access privileges
I've been here for over 2 years and can attest to the pain of change occurring across the organization. The direction we're going is great but getting there is hard. This is not a company for the faint of heart.

If you're looking for a challenge with BIG rewards at the end, this could be a good place for you. You've got to be willing to roll up your sleeves and dive in wherever you can. Successful people here tend to work hard, collaborate, and not take themselves too seriously!
Pros
Great benefits, even better mission, passionate people
Cons
Still building some core areas that are key to long term success
I worked there as a temp for over 1 year and found it was a great place to work (I was in IT) with minimum oversight, developing new software, great free food and drinks, cool location.
Pros
free food and drink
Cons
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Successful, growing, but struggling with legacy systems and legacy people. Timid middle managers bow to tenured tyrants. Change initiatives abrupt and not effectively communicated.

The mission is great: serving agriculture. The talent is considerable and the CEO and COO are decent, smart and trustworthy. Sadly, day to day delivery is bloated and inefficient, due to entrenched minds who believe if they just wait out the "change du jour", they can go back to doing things the way they've been done for decades.
Pros
Good benefits, corporate mission, care of company for employees and customers after natural disasters
Cons
Middle management, fearful culture, lack of accountability in management for bad calls
Great people working together. The purpose of helping to put food on people's tables is rewarding. Doing a lot of exciting IT and Digital initiatives. CEO Byron Enix is amazing.
Started at 8am was always happy to go to work every day for I was always busy with my department and others as well. Everyone worked well together and accomplished a great deal of projects.
Pros
We were taken out to lunch often for doing a great job
Cons
Not enough promotions
Do not take an IT job with this company if you are looking for a chance to advance your career. IT Leadership looks to hire from outside the company before even considering promoting from within. If you like dead end jobs, this company is perfect!
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
No chance for advancement
It was a great company to work for. The people I worked with were genuine! I was able to do a lot of traveling and meet many of our customers! I would recommend this job to any who is looking to enjoy traveling and talking with employees and customers across the nation!
I enjoyed it here, too bad that I had to get a job closer to home. My kids were smaller then and I was a Single Parent. For my time there, they were nice to me and understanding. They appreciated my work and saw that I had great potential.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
too far for me to travel at that time.
Great company with a lot of growth and opportunities. I left after meeting my wife and moved to Palm Springs. We didn't have an IT dept in Southern CA, so I ended up starting a contract IT business and American AgCredit hired me to perform their IT related services at the Southern CA branches.
Nothing to appreciate about working for this company. This company boasts about serving communities and being the best lender to agriculture, but in reality the company only serves senior management and lends to shareholders' year-end bonuses. HR is practically non-existent and out of touch with the realities of day-to-day issues that affect employees. I would not wish my worst enemy to work here, let alone have to deal with the their lousy HR department.
Pros
The end of the day, when I can go home and drink myself into oblivion.
Cons
The HR department.
High paced environment; always something to learn while expanding skills and knowledge. Team promoted company that works well in the right teams. Some management is incredibly invested in team and staff and encourages promotion although some departments do not have the option for mobility
Pros
Direct management team was phenominal
Cons
Some team leads and management require intensive mentoring
Interesting that all the glowing reviews of this company are from current employees either in management or in the HR department. That should tell you something.

As a former employee, I would characterize the environment there as high (often unrealistic) expectations for the worker bees while management dictates from on high. It used to be a close knit team environment but mergers and rapid growth have made it a corporate bureaucratic maze. If you enjoy long, unproductive meetings then this is the company for you!
American AgCredit has a strong presence in the world of Agricultural finance. Some significant differences that set it apart from the competitors are: 1) it is owned as a cooperative (i.e. owned by the borrowers) 2) Funding is through selling bonds on the open market as compared to taking deposits. Being owned as a cooperative, the idea is that the company is managed to ensure that it is a sound and stable source of financing for Ag, well into future generations. The company is not driven by Hokus Pokus that drives stock multiples and massive executive payouts. The simple and focused mission is: "To be the best lender to agriculture. Period". Funding from the open market issuances ensures that rates, by definition, are in line with the market.

Yes, the organization has beautiful buildings and snacks. All of that aside, If you want to work for an organization that has a simple stated purpose, American AgCredit is it. The importance behind ensuring America's farmers have access to capital cannot be understated.

The types of people that are successful at American AgCredit: Friendly, collaborative, hard worker, smart, self-motivated, open and honest, possess integrity, creative, embraces change, future thinker, process improver, courteous.
Pros
The company is always true to the mission and the people are great
Cons
If you want work-life balance, you better be a good time manager
When I made a decision about what I would do for a career, I knew that I wanted to work for a company that makes a difference. I found that with American AgCredit. I have stayed for over 30 years because the company makes a difference in their community, in their commitment to their employees and in their support of agriculture. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
Pros
Employee development, commitment to agriculture, commitment to their customers
I’ve been at American AgCredit just over a year and I have to say I continue to love my job and feel I might the right choice coming to work here. I purposefully took almost a year to find the “perfect” job with an ideal employer. My criteria was simple (but not easy to find).

I wanted to work for purpose-driven company that lived by its mission and values – where the mission was more than “words on a wall”. This is one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. The mission to serve agriculture feels like a very real thing that connects people to each other and to our customers.

I was seeking a company focused on the future. I work closely with the management team and I am impressed with the genuine and authentic nature of the executives. They truly care about customers and employees and work together to make the Association relevant and competitive for the future.

The daily work environment is challenging and invigorating. People are encouraged to use their talents and passions to make the company better and suggestions for improvement are welcome. I’ve been able to propose and implement several creative and innovative programs with the full support of leadership.

While not for everyone, if you are adaptable, attracted to making a difference for real people, like to find solutions to challenges, and thrive in a team-oriented culture, I invite you to consider American AgCredit.
Pros
opportunities that come with growth
Cons
requires self starters to manage their own careers
This is a busy environment with an organization which is quickly growing. There are many opportunities to learn about the organization and wonderful mentors.

The staff is made up of wonderful, hard working people who care a lot about each other and our customers.

With the rapid growth in the organization, it can cause work-life balance to be a challenge at times, but the change now will make this organization even better in the future.

I can honestly say that working for American AgCredit has been an excellent career move for me.
I have been with the company for 20+ years and have served in several different roles over the past 5 years. Lots of opportunity for growth and lots of changes in play to make this an even better company to work for. The Farm Credit mission is taken seriously - and we serve all segments of agriculture with experienced and knowledgeable teams. The message is clear - "to be the best lender to agriculture - period"
Pros
Great people to work with, and the company is taking the steps to make it a better place for customers and employees
Cons
After working in different industries I stumbled across American AgCredit. I was hired when I was 6 months pregnant and I have been a loyal employee since then! I have worked hard and American AgCredit has invested in developing me professionally. It has been a great company to grow as person and raise a family!

Over the past 15 years I have seen a lot of change in the company. It is exciting to see where the company is going in the future.

If you like to work hard, if you want to make a difference, and you want a job that matters, American AgCredit is the place. At American AgCredit we make a difference in agriculture daily. It's pretty cool knowing your company had a part to do with the wine you drink, the food you eat, the clothes you wear and house you live in.

And I should mention the people. Honestly American AgCredit has the nicest people!
Pros
Opportunity, Development, Work Enviorment, Snacks, People