AMERICAN AGCREDIT Employee Reviews

Was a very productive position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 10, 2018
Started at 8am was always happy to go to work every day for I was always busy with my department and others as well. Everyone worked well together and accomplished a great deal of projects.
Pros
We were taken out to lunch often for doing a great job
Cons
Not enough promotions
No chance to advance
IT Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 15, 2018
Do not take an IT job with this company if you are looking for a chance to advance your career. IT Leadership looks to hire from outside the company before even considering promoting from within. If you like dead end jobs, this company is perfect!
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
No chance for advancement
Great Company!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAMarch 8, 2018
It was a great company to work for. The people I worked with were genuine! I was able to do a lot of traveling and meet many of our customers! I would recommend this job to any who is looking to enjoy traveling and talking with employees and customers across the nation!
I enjoyed working here - everybody is easy going
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoyed it here, too bad that I had to get a job closer to home. My kids were smaller then and I was a Single Parent. For my time there, they were nice to me and understanding. They appreciated my work and saw that I had great potential.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
too far for me to travel at that time.
I loved working here
Information Technology Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Great company with a lot of growth and opportunities. I left after meeting my wife and moved to Palm Springs. We didn't have an IT dept in Southern CA, so I ended up starting a contract IT business and American AgCredit hired me to perform their IT related services at the Southern CA branches.
The Best Example of an Awful Place to Work
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSAugust 11, 2017
Nothing to appreciate about working for this company. This company boasts about serving communities and being the best lender to agriculture, but in reality the company only serves senior management and lends to shareholders' year-end bonuses. HR is practically non-existent and out of touch with the realities of day-to-day issues that affect employees. I would not wish my worst enemy to work here, let alone have to deal with the their lousy HR department.
Pros
The end of the day, when I can go home and drink myself into oblivion.
Cons
The HR department.
Dilbert's company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 3, 2017
Interesting that all the glowing reviews of this company are from current employees either in management or in the HR department. That should tell you something.

As a former employee, I would characterize the environment there as high (often unrealistic) expectations for the worker bees while management dictates from on high. It used to be a close knit team environment but mergers and rapid growth have made it a corporate bureaucratic maze. If you enjoy long, unproductive meetings then this is the company for you!
Strong Financial Institution With Ag Focus
Employee (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 10, 2017
American AgCredit has a strong presence in the world of Agricultural finance. Some significant differences that set it apart from the competitors are: 1) it is owned as a cooperative (i.e. owned by the borrowers) 2) Funding is through selling bonds on the open market as compared to taking deposits. Being owned as a cooperative, the idea is that the company is managed to ensure that it is a sound and stable source of financing for Ag, well into future generations. The company is not driven by Hokus Pokus that drives stock multiples and massive executive payouts. The simple and focused mission is: "To be the best lender to agriculture. Period". Funding from the open market issuances ensures that rates, by definition, are in line with the market.

Yes, the organization has beautiful buildings and snacks. All of that aside, If you want to work for an organization that has a simple stated purpose, American AgCredit is it. The importance behind ensuring America's farmers have access to capital cannot be understated.

The types of people that are successful at American AgCredit: Friendly, collaborative, hard worker, smart, self-motivated, open and honest, possess integrity, creative, embraces change, future thinker, process improver, courteous.
Pros
The company is always true to the mission and the people are great
Cons
If you want work-life balance, you better be a good time manager
Do you want to make a difference?
Management (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 10, 2017
When I made a decision about what I would do for a career, I knew that I wanted to work for a company that makes a difference. I found that with American AgCredit. I have stayed for over 30 years because the company makes a difference in their community, in their commitment to their employees and in their support of agriculture. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
Pros
Employee development, commitment to agriculture, commitment to their customers
Purpose driven company with a heart
VP Corporate Communications (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa CAJanuary 9, 2017
I’ve been at American AgCredit just over a year and I have to say I continue to love my job and feel I might the right choice coming to work here. I purposefully took almost a year to find the “perfect” job with an ideal employer. My criteria was simple (but not easy to find).

I wanted to work for purpose-driven company that lived by its mission and values – where the mission was more than “words on a wall”. This is one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. The mission to serve agriculture feels like a very real thing that connects people to each other and to our customers.

I was seeking a company focused on the future. I work closely with the management team and I am impressed with the genuine and authentic nature of the executives. They truly care about customers and employees and work together to make the Association relevant and competitive for the future.

The daily work environment is challenging and invigorating. People are encouraged to use their talents and passions to make the company better and suggestions for improvement are welcome. I’ve been able to propose and implement several creative and innovative programs with the full support of leadership.

While not for everyone, if you are adaptable, attracted to making a difference for real people, like to find solutions to challenges, and thrive in a team-oriented culture, I invite you to consider American AgCredit.
Pros
opportunities that come with growth
Cons
requires self starters to manage their own careers
Growth and Many Opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 9, 2017
This is a busy environment with an organization which is quickly growing. There are many opportunities to learn about the organization and wonderful mentors.

The staff is made up of wonderful, hard working people who care a lot about each other and our customers.

With the rapid growth in the organization, it can cause work-life balance to be a challenge at times, but the change now will make this organization even better in the future.

I can honestly say that working for American AgCredit has been an excellent career move for me.
A great place to work
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 9, 2017
I have been with the company for 20+ years and have served in several different roles over the past 5 years. Lots of opportunity for growth and lots of changes in play to make this an even better company to work for. The Farm Credit mission is taken seriously - and we serve all segments of agriculture with experienced and knowledgeable teams. The message is clear - "to be the best lender to agriculture - period"
Pros
Great people to work with, and the company is taking the steps to make it a better place for customers and employees
Cons
After 15 years, no other company I would rather work for.
Vice President of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 5, 2017
After working in different industries I stumbled across American AgCredit. I was hired when I was 6 months pregnant and I have been a loyal employee since then! I have worked hard and American AgCredit has invested in developing me professionally. It has been a great company to grow as person and raise a family!

Over the past 15 years I have seen a lot of change in the company. It is exciting to see where the company is going in the future.

If you like to work hard, if you want to make a difference, and you want a job that matters, American AgCredit is the place. At American AgCredit we make a difference in agriculture daily. It's pretty cool knowing your company had a part to do with the wine you drink, the food you eat, the clothes you wear and house you live in.

And I should mention the people. Honestly American AgCredit has the nicest people!
Pros
Opportunity, Development, Work Enviorment, Snacks, People
Fantastic place to work!
Accounting Staff (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 4, 2017
American AgCredit is a terrific place to work, and full of outstanding employees. The leadership team, and CEO in particular, are some of the best I have worked for in my 20+ year career. The employees have a true passion and belief in their mission to serve agriculture and it shows.
Pros
compensation, work life balance, leadership team
Never Again!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 8, 2016
Top down management if you can call it that. Do not tell the truth to executives if you want to keep your job.

Chaotic environment, poor management tools, poor processes. No employee value desired. Just worker bees.

Impossible expectations regardless of how much experience you have.

If you want a job where you can actually contribute, add value and go home feeling like you have accomplished something, then run don't walk!
Pros
Free snacks, a few nice colleagues
Cons
Watch your back.
A wonderful company to work for
Loan Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 21, 2012
My day is generally very busy supporting staff at branch offices. Right now the most difficult part of my job is learning new software that is not user friendly at all.
Pros
excellent benefit package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERICAN AGCREDIT. Our community is ready to answer.