American Airlines Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 2,453 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Embark on an adventure with a commitment to service, excellence and humanity. Our team is what powers our airline. We are proudly dedicated to our purpose of caring for people on life’s journey, including connecting our customers to the people and places they love or providing our team members development and leadership opportunities to acquire new skills and explore their potential.
With more than 1,300 aircraft in our mainline and regional fleets combined and an extensive route network that touches six continents, we’ve got a place for you to start — or continue — your career. Whether you’re stationed at one of our hundreds of airports, working out of our state-of-the-art headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, or serving customers over the phone from your home office, there are endless opportunities for you to grow and lead at American.
You’re seeing all 154 jobs at American Airlines because we can’t find any available jobs at American Airlines close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 7.1K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at American Airlines have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
When I worked for American Airlines, I felt like I was working for an amazing company. I had benefits and opportunities that I could not have even dreamt about.
Can’t complain so far to be honest. There are great employee benefits that are enticing if you are the type of person who makes international trips every now and again.
Management is the question here. They are making profits during economic and fuel distress. But-the customers, employees and investors are unhappy. Yet no action from the BOD. So who knows what’s happening here beyond a real lousy product.
The training process isn’t for the weak. You can either choose to work 6am - 2pm or 3pm to 11am. I had a terrible experience with the manager and the pay is set at $13.05
What is the best part of working at the company? Great Company overall. Lower Managers are generally fair to poor What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Low Level Managers (department) What is the work environment and culture like at the company? Culture great overall, work enviorment all depends on the department manager, who usually is incompetent and a suck up to mid level managers. They have no idea of how to lead a department and motivate their staff. What is a typical day like for you at the company? As an auditor lots of constant travel.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 613 questions about working at American Airlines. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from American Airlines employees.
Insights from 1.7K Indeed users who have interviewed with American Airlines within the last 5 years.
4 “ tell me about a time when “ questions
How many years of customer service experience I had.
Why I want to work for American Airlines, Did I see a future with American Airlines.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at American Airlines?Published on May 24, 2021
- American Airlines