American Airlines Center Employee Reviews

seasonal job but a great workplace
Concessions Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2018
pretty steady work pace. great employees and good management. the job was seasonal so theirs not much room for growth. great for a first job or part time work
Fun working Environment
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2018
I loved the people that i worked with at American Airline Center. Its very flexible schedule. Its a great place to work if you are in school or just need a part-time job.
Pros
short hours
Cons
having to work outside in all weather
For the most part great
Suite Runner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2018
There wasn't many benefits for sac but for the most part I enjoyed working there. Very nice staff and are serious about meeting deadlines. Even though they could be hard on you sometimes , in the end their a team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks unless you do a double shift
Pira Latin Fire
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2018
A wonderful place to work with wonderful management and staff. Some of the best experienced I've gained was from this place due to it's high volume and experienced bartenders.
Exciting
Non-Profit Group and Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Depending on the event anything could happen. I got to work with various teams. Working with non profit helped me learn about what organizations are in the DFW and helped me to get more involved in the community
Pros
getting to meet people in my community that were really giving back
Cons
not being able to work when the teams went on strilke
Great place.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Great place to work in. Great environment. Well managed. Restaurant transition from dinning into night life dancing. Fast pace environment. A la cart option to buffet.
Eclectic worklife
Non-Profit Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2018
I volunteered at the venue and completed concession stand work for them. This is highly stressful but definitely a great and fun work environment. Highly recommend!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Late hours
If you like excitement, this is the place to work.
security (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work but the paid is not good. Lots of event to work for. You get to choose a number of events you would like to work. Uniform are provided.
fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2017
American Airline Center offered diversity and was a fun environment to work in. I absolutely loved my time there. Unfortunately I had to leave because schedule conflict and family issues. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone seeking an enjoyable customer service job.
great place to work to meet different people
Assist guest in selection of beverage (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2017
This is a great place to work if you love meeting new people. Sometimes it can get a little stressful but the money is worth it. The one bad part about this job is that its only seasonal so during the summer you will have to find another job or file for unemployment. Overall its a good job but for most people its a "second job" not a main job.
Pros
money, meet new people
Cons
no set scedule, no benefits
Fun place to meet nice people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2017
You get to meet a lot of high profile people, but the job stability is not there. During season the hours are great but off season there is no stability and you left looking for another job.
Cons
job stability
Productive, fast paced, a fun place to work
Guest Services Security (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2017
The culture was amazing and exemplary, not to mention being part of a professional team was well worth the effort for a part-time job.

A typical work day consists of parking in the Lexus Garage if you arrived early or catching the shuttle to the Center. A ride on the shuttle consists of rallying and sharing comradery with good friends that help build good moral character, and shifted your focus from your full-time job to AAC for a night of pure fun. Upon arrival consist of clocking in, checking your assignment, picking up your uniform and eating before reporting to your duty post.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with your co-workers, and the crowd, laughing, and getting to know the fans, and assisting them with whatever they needed within your power. I also enjoyed watching the concerts, basketball, and hockey games when permissible.

The lessons I learned was the real value of customer service and how to deliver it from the heart.

The hardest part of the job was watching guest get drunk!

Management sometimes was on different pages, when they were supposed to all be on the same page, but every individual is different and has a different style of management, but the policies are the same. You work with different managers almost every night and they do not operate on the same page.

Overall it is a swell place to work.
Pros
Getting the hours you desire worked out well if you worked hard.
Cons
Supervisors play a numbers game to see how long you will last seemed unprofessional
cool
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2017
got to see games and concerts while at work but that was the reason the hours where long because sometimes they would run into each other but all in all it was easy and fun
Pros
fun fast paced
Cons
Stadium production, Event geared production and equipment.
Engineer In Charge StadiumTechnician-Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Typical day involved Setup and check out of game day equipment, interface with network (if any), coordinate functions with director and producers. Interfaced with teams and sports organizations.The workplace culture is a broadcast mentality. The hardest part of the job is working with network personnel, box suite patrons & special talent.The best part was getting to meet the special talent and or watching my production on broadcast TV.
Pros
press dinner, network, team and demo swag
Cons
no health care, long hours, hi pressure
Great first time job
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2017
Perfect working environment for those who love basketball and hockey. You learn how to customize jerseys. Most people working there are fairly nice. The hardest part of the job is the store turn overs (changing the merchandise from each team).
This is a great part time job to have.
Event LEAD (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2017
I love working at the American Airlines Center as a part time job. This is an entertainment venue and working here has allowed me to meet exciting people and experience great opportunities I would not have been able to had I not taken this job.
Pros
Get to work with an awesome group of people.
Cons
Can sometimes carry long and late night hours.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2017
I had never cooked for 30,000 people before so this was very challenging. Th property is a great place to work, the only reason why i left was the season was over.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
seasonal
Either love it or hate it
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2017
A typical day at work would start with getting a program for the event. Then getting your uniform for your position of the night. Get dress and if you came early (which I suggest) there are $3 dollar hot employee meals. About 30 mins before doors upon for our guest there is a meeting and afterwards you go to your destination to begin your workday. I enjoy it. Co-workers are the life of the job, they make everything feel better. Everyone is always in a happy mood. Very flexible job and understanding management. I love it
Pros
$3 dollar lunches, flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks
productive, positive environment
Customer Service / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2017
Working at the American Airlines center is a very fun, productive place that is quick paced. The people that work there are very hardworking and are very easy to work with. The environment is very positive and friendly.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours of work
great if you just need some extra money
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2017
The opportunity to advance is not there, unless you wait for the person less qualified than you who is your boss to die or retire. If you have the desire to be permanently part time at a erratic schedule and happy with stagnation in your position then this is a job for you.