American Airlines Center Employee Reviews

Unknown
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  24-7 SecurityAugust 31, 2018
Nothing at this time.
You get to see celebrities.
I was not there long enough.
Breaks to short.
Hours were good.
AA employees and contracts are very rude.
Theft was an issue in locker rooms.
Pros
Events, ceblebities
Cons
Short breaks
Parking attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2018
It was an ok job i learned teamwork and how to manage my time accordingly. Also the managers were kind of strict but overall it was a experience I will not forget
Keep up the good work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2018
Well we can work as a team and the rest of the month we will have to do for fun in the stadium and make it work for the next few days off in the community and we can do it together if we put are mines to it
Pros
Free lunch and free time
Cons
13 minutes
Great Job
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasJuly 12, 2018
An awesome place to work, the day always begin with a lot of energy. A fun place to work, great managers and co-workers. You are always told at the beginning of your shift what is expected of you
in customer service,
Pros
games and concerts
Cons
standing for 6 hrs
Tolerable and nothing sifnificant
24/7 Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2018
I worked almost all of the mavericks basketball games, dallas stars games, and many concerts among other events. There is nothing of value this job will bring you nor does it require much work to do it also. Just alright is the best way to describe it.
Pros
Healthy Work Enviorment
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Experience
College Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2018
I worked as an intern for 4 months and the experience I gained was out of this world. Truly Grateful to have worked there, I have not found another company who's culture even comes close to American Airlines Center (Home of the Dallas Stars and Mavericks).
Pros
Great culture and people
Cons
Management can sometimes be a little insensitive. Upper management is too old.
Work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2018
Learn how to take orders
Help customers with their orders
Inventory was a very good factor in this job.
Some days were slow, some were steady
Depending what event it was
Management was okay
seasonal job but a great workplace
Concessions Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2018
pretty steady work pace. great employees and good management. the job was seasonal so theirs not much room for growth. great for a first job or part time work
Fun working Environment
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2018
I loved the people that i worked with at American Airline Center. Its very flexible schedule. Its a great place to work if you are in school or just need a part-time job.
Pros
short hours
Cons
having to work outside in all weather
For the most part great
Suite Runner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2018
There wasn't many benefits for sac but for the most part I enjoyed working there. Very nice staff and are serious about meeting deadlines. Even though they could be hard on you sometimes , in the end their a team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks unless you do a double shift
Pira Latin Fire
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2018
A wonderful place to work with wonderful management and staff. Some of the best experienced I've gained was from this place due to it's high volume and experienced bartenders.
Exciting
Non-Profit Group and Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Depending on the event anything could happen. I got to work with various teams. Working with non profit helped me learn about what organizations are in the DFW and helped me to get more involved in the community
Pros
getting to meet people in my community that were really giving back
Cons
not being able to work when the teams went on strilke
Great place.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Great place to work in. Great environment. Well managed. Restaurant transition from dinning into night life dancing. Fast pace environment. A la cart option to buffet.
Eclectic worklife
Non-Profit Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2018
I volunteered at the venue and completed concession stand work for them. This is highly stressful but definitely a great and fun work environment. Highly recommend!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Late hours
If you like excitement, this is the place to work.
security (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work but the paid is not good. Lots of event to work for. You get to choose a number of events you would like to work. Uniform are provided.
fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2017
American Airline Center offered diversity and was a fun environment to work in. I absolutely loved my time there. Unfortunately I had to leave because schedule conflict and family issues. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone seeking an enjoyable customer service job.
great place to work to meet different people
Assist guest in selection of beverage (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2017
This is a great place to work if you love meeting new people. Sometimes it can get a little stressful but the money is worth it. The one bad part about this job is that its only seasonal so during the summer you will have to find another job or file for unemployment. Overall its a good job but for most people its a "second job" not a main job.
Pros
money, meet new people
Cons
no set scedule, no benefits
Fun place to meet nice people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2017
You get to meet a lot of high profile people, but the job stability is not there. During season the hours are great but off season there is no stability and you left looking for another job.
Cons
job stability
Productive, fast paced, a fun place to work
Guest Services Security (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2017
The culture was amazing and exemplary, not to mention being part of a professional team was well worth the effort for a part-time job.

A typical work day consists of parking in the Lexus Garage if you arrived early or catching the shuttle to the Center. A ride on the shuttle consists of rallying and sharing comradery with good friends that help build good moral character, and shifted your focus from your full-time job to AAC for a night of pure fun. Upon arrival consist of clocking in, checking your assignment, picking up your uniform and eating before reporting to your duty post.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with your co-workers, and the crowd, laughing, and getting to know the fans, and assisting them with whatever they needed within your power. I also enjoyed watching the concerts, basketball, and hockey games when permissible.

The lessons I learned was the real value of customer service and how to deliver it from the heart.

The hardest part of the job was watching guest get drunk!

Management sometimes was on different pages, when they were supposed to all be on the same page, but every individual is different and has a different style of management, but the policies are the same. You work with different managers almost every night and they do not operate on the same page.

Overall it is a swell place to work.
Pros
Getting the hours you desire worked out well if you worked hard.
Cons
Supervisors play a numbers game to see how long you will last seemed unprofessional
cool
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2017
got to see games and concerts while at work but that was the reason the hours where long because sometimes they would run into each other but all in all it was easy and fun
Pros
fun fast paced