American Airlines Employee Reviews

Found 2,111 reviews matching the search See all 2,350 reviews
Working for a airport company is very stressful, but it’s also A good career , Good job !
Airport Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2018
Remain extremely focused , professional at all times . Trained to handle any type of crisis situation, physically fit for lifting & carrying luggage for clients , giving clients the rules on a boarding the plane
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
Sometimes short breaks sometimes not
very fast paced environment but also alots of fun
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 18, 2018
fun company to work for and also advancement career opportunities. great flying benefits, as long as its an empty seat we can fly anywhere in the world a American airlines fly into.
Great Company
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 17, 2018
Well it was a great company to work for
I was working for American Airline via Pegasus Services Aviation
and it was a great experiences it was confusing before but we finally have the time to train on the system and helping customer
Good company to work for but limited movement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
Have worked for the company for 12 years but have had a lot of difficulty growing ny career. I have noticed the company does not always like to promote within, they like to hire people from outside or friends.
overhaul
Ramp Agent at john Wayne Airport (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 16, 2018
Needs massive overhaul managers lack communication with employees,too much favoritism,employees treated work as a game area

A typical day at work making sure that all emplyees have all there PPE.company should pay for knee ,elow pads,hearingsafe muffs

The hardest part of the job is not having enough employees to complete task for each plane. each plane should have a 5 man team
The most enjoyable part of the job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 16, 2018
My coworkers. We are like family. Once you start working closely with a group of individuals, you become really close even personally. My coworkers make me feel like part of the crew. They genuinely care.
Excellent Place to Work
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2018
This employer has great benefits like, medical, dental and many other life insurance etc.
Travel benefits are the best in the industry.
It’s hard work and long hours but salary is excellent.
Pros
Excellent benefits and ease of making ss many hours you want to work and ease of trading your shift.
Cons
Management is not the best, most of the time we are treated like we are nothing ( Ramp Employees ).
Productive, satifying workplace with great co workers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 15, 2018
Attending to demanding customer needs, tasks such as problem solving, travel packages and sales, both personal and business travelers.
The time at American Airlines honed my customer skills, professionalism, attention to detail, patience, in a busy positive environment with exceptional and professional coworkers.
The most challenging aspect of the job was extremely demanding personalities of a few customers, however, the overall environment with great co worker for moral support and the exceptional travel benefits, as well as medical and retirement benefits made the employment very nice.
Unfortunately, the event at 9/11 ended it abruptly.
Pros
Environment, compensation.travel, medical and retirement benefits
Cons
The few over demanding customers.
Postive Work Environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJuly 15, 2018
I have enjoyed my time with American Airlines.There are flexible work hours and the opportunity to work from home remotely. Management coaching throughout the entire process.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Hourly pay no commission sales
If are fortunate enough to get permanent, you want to stay forever
Aircraft Records Specialist - Digital (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 15, 2018
The work culture is amazing, work hard but have fun doing it. The management in Records is far superior to most management. They understand the importance of family and the balance of work and family. They do not micromanage and trust their employees are adults that should be mature enough to do their job to the best of their ability, which leads to a stress free environment.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
Hard to get a permanent position
Poor management
Fleet Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2018
Horrible place to work, under staffed, poor management, compensation doesn't reflect the level of work and stress you'll physically and mentally endure. Management from all levels are clueless and inexperienced about job functions and policies they try to implement.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Pay, management
Domestic Advantage Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 14, 2018
I worked from home, my manager was the best part of my job. Travel pert was always a plus. Reservations presented flexibility in working hours and days. Overtime was always available when needed.
Pros
Overtime, travel benefits
Cons
pay was low
fun and good place to.work.
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 14, 2018
good.place to work learned a lot good people good.pay and.benifets people are.very helpful management.will.work.with.you and your specific needs great pay allows you to live good and take care of your family in a good way
Pros
pay and.benifets.
Cons
Often thankless, but great benefits, and job security
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 13, 2018
Being an airline reservation agent is a mixed bag. There really aren't incentives to do a great or a bad job. Though perhaps well intentioned, the upper management gives little personal attention. Blanket emails of thanks extend to all employees, making them meaningless for individual job performance. You can be rude or polite to customers, the difference only matters to you and your state of mind.

There are certainly positives as well, but they're more general and widespread. Travel benefits, matching 401k's, insurance, and job stability.
These aren't small matters in the slightest. It's just tough to really feel rewarded for a job well done. And, though 90% of customers are pleasant and understanding, many are especially brave on the phone.

I don't think these statements apply only to American Airlines, though I'm not privy to what goes on in each company. People are often in tough situations, and often, the person on the other end of the line feels the brunt of frustation.

Not a job for everyone, but like every other job, you have to know what you signed up for.
Pros
Travel, benefits, job security
Cons
Every minute documente, drone like, lack of incentives, very thankless at a personal level
Great Place to work and the flying benefits are wonderful
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed my job at American Airlines and the department that I was in we all worked together to get the jobs done. I would highly recommend American Airlines to anyone.
Young team
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2018
I loved working for American Airlines.
The team is young and the Management understands the needs of their employees.
Excellent training at the Dallas Tx Flight University
Cons
Split shift
Fun, and proactive.
Reservation Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2018
Great place to work, if are flexible with your work hours on a quarterly basis. The benefits are great if you love to travel. You can pick up and give your hours as needed.
Excellent place to work you get to know a lot of people ,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 13, 2018
During my time here I had a lot of training and learning experiences. It was fast paced you needed to stay sharp on events and flights that required you to be focused and sharp for details and options to get customers to their final destinations.
Pros
benefits and the learning and training given.
Cons
stress
LImited Time Remaining in Area
Aircraft Records Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2018
The Company offers many opportunities for learning and advancement, but the location I would prefer is not slated for far future. If you are interested in relocating the company would offer many exciting opportunities and benefits for a long term career.
Great Company
Simulator Instructor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2018
I have worked for this company for over 33 years; through all the ups and downs, I have always enjoyed the people I work with. At this point; the company is stable, profitable and a very good to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight