American Airlines Employee Reviews

Found 3,051 reviews matching the search See all 3,389 reviews
The best job I ever had.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2019
I really enjoyed that job. The best I've ever had, twice as good as everything else I've seen. I would love to go back to work there. The only downside, I was suspended for the results of a fight with my wife. Truly tragic.
Loved the people,travel and pay.
Ramp Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  CVG,MIA,RDU & BNANovember 13, 2019
I spent 14 yrs with aa and only left because my wife got sick and I had to move back around family. I advanced with aa and was always happy to be employed there.

I'd go back to work for them in a minute.
N/a
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 11, 2019
It was a good experience, I would work there again. The job is not for everyone, theres alot of heavy lifting alot of bending and customer service. It's a good job though
Excellent place to work
Supervisor, Facility Maintenance (Current Employee) –  dwwNovember 11, 2019
Excellent place to work. I enjoy working there. The benefits are great, insurance is great. Very flexible working schedule. Happy to be working there with great benefits.
Excellent Company
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 11, 2019
I am absolutely appreciative and respectful of the career opportunities American Airlines provides.
The company is quite giving and understanding. If I could I would return to work there.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 10, 2019
A once in a lifetime experience to open one's mind and heart to the massive variety each city, state, country, and culture has to offer.. if you ever get the opportunity to become a Flight Attendant, you must absolutely do it... You'll be thanking yourself later...!
Good Travel Benefits
Envoy Air Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 8, 2019
I work for ENVOY; which is a sub group under American Airlines. Good for traveling. Not good for creating a living. Pay horrible, Union is also horrible.
Grest company to work for.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 7, 2019
Great benefits, great place to work. People are nice, management listens and responds to employee suggestions. This company will continue to grow and build upon the foundation that has been laid.
Professional company with opportunity for learning and advancement
Senior Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ft Worth, TXNovember 7, 2019
Recently relocated to new state of the art Headquarters complex. Offers a wide variety of career paths and easily accessible training options. Growth and advancement are strongly encouraged.
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 7, 2019
I liked the job and all the benefits that came with it only job where only you can fire yourself. Paid holidays off , fmla, you can travel all over ,meet new people just a great place to work
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with great, motivated people who were dedicated to the aviation profession.
International 777Captain (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, Dallas and ChicagoNovember 7, 2019
Management did a great job scheduling training and providing aircraft that were clean and airworthy! The aircraft maintenance at AA was superb. The training facilities near DFW airport were top-notch and the instructors were the best in the industry. I loved flying for AA and would enjoy continuing to fly for several more years.
Satisfied
Ramp Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2019
Stay focused and positive!!!! Good environment, can interact with worker more but overall good job!!!! More pay is always a good options, it has great benefits on and away from work if u like traveling..
we really dont really have fun
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 6, 2019
well in trying to relocate to phoenix AZ airport threw or with american airlines still. at this moment were i am at now i cant stay here i have to go to school and i have to do whats best for me.
Satisfied
Crew Chief Fleet service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 6, 2019
Overall American airlines was good to his employees benefit was that my position was a union position
There were many opportunities for advancement there are many opportunities to transfer to different locations different states different cities overall American airlines seem to care about its employees but like I said before the main benefit was the fact that it was a union job
Great benefits
RESERVATION SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 5, 2019
I worked overnights for several years at American Airlines. The overnight crew was really close which made coming to work fun! Calls are steady but they will let you leave early if they can. Mandatory overtime during flight cancellations was hard. Overall I loved it.
very loud but productive easy going work enviroment
Ramp agent (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 4, 2019
Its a nice steady paced job but they do not have any organization. The pay system is very difficult, if you don't put in your own time exceptions for work they will not pay you for the time that you have worked. Managers have little work experience with their job and the employees under them. There are some work associates that know what to do so they can help throughout the day, but overall its a good job with good benefits.
Pay is low but free flight benefits make up for lack of pay .
CSA - Customer Service Agent, Gate Agent and Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 4, 2019
Free flying benefits for yourself , children and spouse . Parents / in laws or step parents fly at huge discount. You get buddy passes each year for friends and other family to fly at a discount. So the flying benefits are huge and make up for the pay .
Love the work environment and everyone is like family .
Nice to work
ramp agent (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 4, 2019
Its a nice place,flying benefits are beneficial and working environment is good if you have good workers that work with you..but that's the best atibute
I loved working at American Airlines
Executive Platinum reservations. (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ and Dallas/Ft Worth, TXNovember 3, 2019
I loved working for American Airlines. It is a great company to work for. It can be a tough job when the weather is bad. Lots of room for growth. Great benefits.
joke of a company
Advantage Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2019
didnt pay me for an entire month due to new payroll system then failed to have any empathy when I didnt ave money for gas and couldnt pay my rent. Gave me target gift cards to compensate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight