American Airlines Employee Reviews

Great company
General Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 25, 2018
This was a fantastic job with wonderful benefits! Not only were there good health insurance but you got flight benefits! I was fortunate to visit places through flight benefits Nhhhaak
travel around the world
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2018
typical day at work is to be able to work gate and board flight and be able to get the passengers to their final destination with out getting delayed the flights or any cancellation.....as well as getting their bags or luggage to there final destination.be able to have the supervisor or manager around when needed.be able to help out my co workers if needed.enjoy working because is something I love to do and talk and meet people .and be able to travel as well when I get the chance to take vacation and be able to see places that is what I love working for any airlines is to be able to travel around the world when I can ......
Pros
having a food day when once a month and get together wih all my co workers
Cons
when the weather is bad and all flight are delayed or cancelled
Would not work for AA again
Fleet Service Clerk / Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Dallas/Fort WorthMay 24, 2018
When I worked there more than 5 years ago, the company was more concerned with saving $$ than Customer Safety. Management did not typically have a good opinion of the Union workers and treated them accordingly. I was laid off many times in my 13 yr career. Glad to have moved on from that company/industry.
Loved being able to work from home.
Home Based Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 24, 2018
American Airlines was a really fun company to work for. It was amazing to work from home. Lots of training before being sent home to take reservations over the phone. Their training programs were excellent. The supervisors were very nice and fair. Coworkers were a blast. Lots of travel perks which was a great advantage of working there.
Pros
Travel perks, working from home
Cons
Company moved their reservations department to home office
flexable schedule
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 24, 2018
good benefits, flexible hours, hard work and long days, plenty of time off. travel and industry discounts. largest travel network extends to many partner airlines.
Pros
benifits
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2018
It is a very busy and fast paced job. You meet a lot of different people. The airport is a diverse and fun place to work. You learn a lot about different cultures.
Pros
Staff
Good company
Customer Service Agent, Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 22, 2018
Great place to work flying benefits insurance 401,k fast paced great for students pickup hours fun vacation s stressful during weather cancellation s flexibility with schedules
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Inclement weather
Micromanaged.
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 22, 2018
Micromanaged. Limited income. Limited opportunities. Oversees jobs.

A pro is the flight benefits, as long as you don't get bumped endlessly trying to get to your destination or back to work the next day. Had some really bad experiences.

Poor pay, few opportunities for advancement, low level managment micromanage and lack professional skills in dealing with people.
Pros
Flight benefits
Great
Ticketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 21, 2018
I loved working and even miss it sometimes. It is a bit stressful especially when there are cancelled flights, but you learn to embrace it and actually enjoy being there late.
Diversity atmosphere and exciting place to work
HRIS Administrator, Human Resources (Contract) (Current Employee) –  DFW, Ft Worth, TXMay 21, 2018
It s a great place to learn new skills. Because of the workload, I am busy with multi tasking various duties. I always have a productive day in my role.
Fun job as a pilot
Captain (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 21, 2018
Nice people to work with, for management we are just numbers.
I wish that safety would be at a higher priority.
Quality of service depends on the competition,not by standards...
IT PM Contract Position
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 21, 2018
I was a contractor in a six moth role and can only speak to that experience. AA was definitely burning out their contractors thought the merger. The only real issue was the amount of time worked against actually getting paid for the actual time worked. I have heard that has since changed. Fast paced work environment and too many meetings with the amount of work that needed to get completed. Felt the culture was good but a lot of managers had different initiatives and direction was some times not clear as to what the priority was. That was probably the most difficult part of the job. Resources were over allocated causing many projects to be delayed or of poor quality. Most enjoyable would have been the people I had the opportunity to work with and the type of work we got to perform.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work Life Balance
Relaxed Work Environment
Analyst Ops / Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 20, 2018
American is a nice company to work for, great facilities and awesome benefits. It is a large corporate entity, with large corporations are the challenges that come with it. Staff and Management are friendly.
Pros
Great Benefits, relaxed dress code, Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Big Corporation, advancements are a bit challenging
Excellent Experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMay 19, 2018
While working at American Airlines, I met many people of different culture backgrounds which was most enjoyable. Each morning I would start the day checking in airline passengers. During a typical day, I would check in approximately 50-75 airline passengers; refunding airline tickets, rerouting passengers to different geographical locations from their original location, due to mechanical problems or weather related problems. Additionally, the hardest part of my job was lifting luggage. Once my shift ended, I would balance my money drawer and head home to enjoy the rest of the day.
Pros
Management was great!
Cons
Early 4am start time
Great company
Operational Supervisor/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2018
Great company. I loved it. Didn't like working graveyards. Very busy work. Always something to do. Lot's of passengers to help and lots of employee's to stay on top of.
Cons
working graveyards
easy going
Specialist A/C Records Inductions/Lease Return (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2018
instresting line of work you learn a lot. you have great people working for the company. the benefist are great . management will work with you if you have to balance life
Pros
free flight benefits with in the 50 states
Cons
not a guarantee seat
Workplace could be very stressfull, especially during flight cancellations.
Admirals Club Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working with this company is to make customers travel experience enjoyable. On a good day, all flights leave on time with no problems and this makes everyone happy. On a bad day, there is weather all over the country, snow, rain, hurricanes, cancellations and every one is stressed and in a bad mood. I've learned to never take anything personal, and at the end of the day I always get to go home.
Pros
The pros of working for an airline is that you have the opportunity to travel the world.
Cons
The cons of working for an airline is that you fly standby, and sometimes you will not get to where you want to go. Also, you will always work holidays, your birthdays, and weekends when you first start. The airlines are a 24/7 operation, 365 days a year.
American Airlines employees need to be given more profits . Also, management should give better assistance to employees.
Fleet Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2018
I learned time management and cultural diversity. There is no hard part of the job. However, assignments need to be done in a timely manner. Management assistance needs to improve.
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2018
Only required to work 50% of your schedule yearly.
Work in all elements.
Good benefits.
Availability to change shifts.
Work up to sixteen hours per day.
Pros
Free travel within u.s.
Work/Life
International Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2018
It is a perfect job more individuals who have been with the company for 20 plus years. I was a new-hire and it was very stressful and I was fatigued majority of the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight