American Airlines Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51.1K
Found 2,252 reviews matching the search See all 2,507 reviews
Enjoying my coworkers
DFW, Texas - Executive Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXSeptember 19, 2018
The job was stressful. Sometime you felt like a machine. Management was not on you side. Making sure the customer was happy with your service. Thank u
Pros
work together at all time with your co-work.
Cons
not liking the changes
Yes the eployment was fun by everything
Area de rampa (Former Employee) –  Santo domingoSeptember 19, 2018
Always Pay atention for everything because everyone need that for you did a Good job...
This has been a good place to work.
New Business Specialist, Global Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2018
This has been a good place to work. I’ve advanced. The medical benefits are good. The flight benefits have become less valuable since flights in general are very full so hard to fly standby.
Good people, management transition
Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2018
AA went through merger while I was there. Good senior management structure but top heavy. Going through organizational changes to fix this. Many positions at all levels eliminated. From a company perspective, good move.
Pros
xx
Cons
xx
Sr. SharePoint Admin/Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Good place to work, great environment

have a lot of events

managers are encouraged to do team building events

Only negative I can think of is management have high turnover.
productive fun workplace
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 18, 2018
great company with great people to work with. I enjoyed working there because you get to ensure peoples safety and meet great people while doing it. great job
Relaxed productive workplace
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2018
The work environment is okay,relaxed and productive.it has its pros and cons.the biggest concern is pay.the pay isn’t too good.theres been protest by the employees against the union asking for more pay.overall I would give the job a fair rating though
Pros
Free lunch, paid breaks and lockers
Cons
Low pay
work
Day of Departure Analyst/Service Recovery (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Typical day consist of meeting and working on projects. where are managment team listen and acts on you recomidations. very chaleging job but lots of fun.
Very cool environment
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2018
Very fun and cool place to work , the culture is very good and there is lot more to learn ,it’s make you feel like you still in college cause you still having class to take online it’s pretty interesting
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
working with skilled and knowledgeable people
crew chief of aircraft maintenance (Former Employee) –  O HARE AIRPORT AND MC CARRANSeptember 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with knowledgeable people it made the job enjoyable. Being the boss made the job challenging, and exciting. and i like working with people and being in charge. I would love to be my own boss and i am self motivated person.
American Airlines a good company to work for
Reservatons Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLSeptember 15, 2018
American Airlines is a great company to work for, here I learned how to identify various body languages and the art of customer service de-escalations and professional presentation.
Pros
International exposure
Cons
At that time, lack of flexability in my schedule
Make it happen attitude
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Very Good Company, Clear and Concise expectations. Results is the key to success. If your a "go get it " professional , this is the place for you, you may run across some obstacles yet that's part of life as well as the office and staff, yet great communication can remove any mountain.
Pros
Cons
Great Ideas may be slow to grasp
Material Logistics
Material Logistics (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2018
Material Logistics is basically the store room for the plane mechanics. The work is not difficult and there are really good days there. Everything goes by seniority and sometimes theres favoritism. The pay is not great if this is your only job but flight benefits do come in handy. I'd work here again if the had a part time position that would fit my schedule.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Low wages
I wish they had a ping pong table
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2018
I retired due to bankruptcy and loss of pension. Union leadership was pro management and disingenuous in their communication with our group. Heartbraking.
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
Corporate culture. Merger issues
Good Diverse Global Corportation
Senior Project Manager - AA Headquarters, HDQ1 (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2018
American has 21 Employee Business Resource Group to unify Employees with Communities. Diversity and Inclusion at American Airlines help promote cultural differences amongst employees and teams. There are many opportunities to join, learn, network, mentor, coach and meet many individuals who work hard to volunteer time to help others.
Travel the world as a perk
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Awesome experience, and a great place to work. The Non-Rev benefits are spectacular, and the people are worldly. Truly a great company.

The fuel hedging strategy might need some reconsideration.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Legacy Company requiring on site attendence. That will change with the new building.
Not for the Long Shot
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
Mean coworkers and not enough attention to team work. Supervisors create an ambiance of passive-aggressive tension within new FAs. High turnouts in the flight department, which creates low attention to their needs,
Pros
You don't get opportunities to grow.
Cons
You can travel anywhere.
Great culture and working environment
Ramp Agent Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Awesome place to work with great company benefits. Work life balance is okay, could be better. Plenty of job opportunity in regards to getting promotions.
No, thank you
Senior Manager - Planning & Administration (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
I do not wish to write a review for this company. This is the last time I will type something, so if it doesn't take, it is no longer my problem and you will lose all of my other data.
Supervisor of Delayed Baggage (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 11, 2018
Great place to work. Wonderful employee perks relating to travel. Coworkers were great and very helpful. Phone calls were live monitored. Every 3 months you had to "Bid" on the schedule you wanted to work and it was awarded based on your senority.
Pros
Great Travel perks
Cons
for some it would be the attendance policy of 2 points in a floating year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

71out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at American Airlines.

Powered by Comparably