American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Component Engineer (Pinion Flanges) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 24, 2018
The management team was great to work with. Inspiring and provided great direction on daily work scope and overall program guidance.

I learned a lot from American Axle and still learning to this day. The benefits are great and paid vacation is awesome
Different company.
Production Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 23, 2018
The site I worked at no longer exist. The company closed the Holbrook facility after forcing employees to take a $20 an hour pay cut. All I know about the current company is that the pay isn't very good and the benefits they they once gave employees is no longer available.
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
They no longer pay well.
Amazing place to work and learn!
Human Resource Information Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 22, 2018
Great experience as an intern. Everyone was willing to teach and I learned many skills during my short time as an intern here. The management was amazing and you really learn what the company culture is all about.
Hard paced and mismanaged
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIMay 20, 2018
I have worked for this company for many years and have watched the management become more and more disorganized. They are now at a point where they will resort to bullying tactics to try to get their numbers. All they seem to care about any more is numbers. Its become quite a toxic work place.
No one cares about you just as long as you get production out
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Remington, INMay 20, 2018
If you like being back stabbed and lied too and bad management and bad leadership and no career advancement its the place to work and only get raises enough to cover insurance and a good point is you get free boats
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Very hot in the summer cut throat company lack of good mangement
I would still work for them if i had the choice
Job setter (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 18, 2018
I loved working for American axle, i loved the factory work. I learned many jobs, i was sad i didnt become a journeyman. I was very happy with the Quick pass high demand go fix it job. I worked in the union and after the 2008 contract we lost our jobs to out sourcing to Mexico
I have had a good run at AAM but there's no advancement.
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 18, 2018
I have had a good run at AAM but there's no advancement. The typical day was to manage multiple facilities. The operations side of things were 24/7 for many years.
Lied in there ad about wages.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIMay 18, 2018
They draw you in with promise of a decent wage. Then when you start you get little to no training in your job. They change the time you start at whim. The insurance is awful and the place is dirty. Do not come to work here it may have been good thirty years ago but it’s not now.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Wages, start times, management, insurance.
stay away from aubun hills AAM DIETRONIKS
TOOLMAKER /AUTO TECH (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 15, 2018
No medical for 9 months ,miss 3 days a year your fired even with dr note. . They promise a increase in pay but youll never get it. .

They started that shop toi get rid of the union and pay people low wages.
Pros
Good tooling
Cons
Mgt lies no medical .
Very productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIMay 14, 2018
Very high paced alot of working hours might be 7 days a week 12 hour shifts but pays good does have benefits when hired in also does a hair follicle test
Underpaying for postion which was given. Pay was less than what most powder metal factories would give. Overall dull.
Parts Sorter (Former Employee) –  Ridgway, PAMay 7, 2018
Overall nice people during work environment. Underpaying for monotonous, and sometimes overworking schedule. Any factory around the area will be unenjoyable and boring. But this positon is top of the ladder. Don't work in factories.
Pros
Nice people to work with. Actual nice managers.
Cons
Short breaks.
Internships
Indirect Procurement Leader Intern (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIMay 5, 2018
American Axle was a fantastic place to intern. I was give a lot of autonomy and was treated like any other full time employee. The experience I gained as an intern made it possible to secure my first full time job out of college.
fast paced work environment
MI Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIApril 30, 2018
Great place to work if you enjoy a fast paced work environment. It allows some flexibility to advance within the company based on how long you have been with the company.
Hmm
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIApril 15, 2018
Bad management. Supposed to be family oriented. Work you so much you don't have quality time with family unless you work salary. Hourly employees work their butts off. Like the work. Some fast paced. Good benefits
great company
QUALITY INSPECTOR 1 (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 5, 2018
great company a lot over time but you can make great living working here. the company help me a lot. paid time off, paid vacation. let me say this again you will a lot
Pros
paid lunch, paid holidays, paid time off.
Cons
alot of overtime
The plant closed
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 3, 2018
It was a good job with great benefits. Unfortunately, the now deceased CEO wanted to move the plant to low wage/ non-Union countries. I would've retired from there but that wasn't in the cards.
Pros
Money, benefits.
Cons
Permanent plant closure
Typical
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIMarch 29, 2018
While American Axle was a typical manufacturing company, the compensation and the culture as it related to co-worker to co-worker was very good, which made for a good atmosphere.
My Review
Job Setter (Current Employee) –  Three Rivers, MIMarch 24, 2018
I have worked for American Axle for 4.5 years and I have seen my share of ups and downs within the Chrysler Gears program. There are plenty of very passionate and skillful workers within the organization and on the floor.
Fast-paced, challenging place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 23, 2018
AAM is a competitive company growing at a rapid rate. The work was challenging and sometimes called for long hours, but I thought the compensation package was excellent for the area.
Great co workers
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Minerva, OHMarch 21, 2018
Low pay, no advancement. Management is a buddy system. Not in the click won't be around for long. Starting wage is low. Takes 8 years to max out at 17$ insurance ok not great.
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight