American Care Medical Centers Employee Reviews

Company functions like small mom & pop & is highly disorganized.
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 12, 2018
If you work hard there is room for growth in this company, however, you will most likely assume more responsibility without any increase in pay and/or benefits. Most managers manage more than one department and are not recognized for their hard work, commitment, or loyalty. They are most often taken for granted and expected to perform without any training nor guidance. The directors basically do nothing, just supervise the staff under them and make them do all the work without the recognition.

The company is micromanaged. If you are in a manager position you have very little room to make your own decisions and implement your own strategies to improve your department etc... Managers can not fire nor hire employees, everything is handled through corporate. Company also functions on gossip. Instead of decisions being made based upon metrics and results, if someone in corporate doesn't like you, you will have a very hard time moving upward.

This is the culture of the company unfortunately. There is NO unity and if you don't speak Spanish it is very difficult to get around. Pay is terrible unless you work in the corporate office and even then you will be expected to run three departments but only get paid for one. You get two weeks paid vacation after you've worked 10 yrs for the company. Also, there is basically no IT dept, be prepared to handle a lot of tech situations by yourself. You are expected to know everything without any support. There is no consistency and policies and procedures for just about everything change weekly.
Pros
A lot to learn even at a data entry position
Cons
Pay, vacation days, company culture, gossip, micro-management, no training, etc...
Unprofessional environment
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 7, 2017
Coworkers and Management Team were very unprofessional and narrow minded. Not willing to try new ways of increasing volume of new patients.
Difficult patients.
Pros
Close to home
Benefits
Phenomenal opportunity to work with the best in the primary healthcare industry
HIM Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 12, 2017
American Care is a great company to work for. There is a diverse professional team within the medical practices and within the Corporate level departments. I can attest that there is a great sense of camaraderie. I feel as though I am "a part of something meaningful"; the company culture embraces participation, personal growth, and ethical business practices.
Pros
Opportunity to learn, career path opportunity/promotion, best co-workers!
Awesome team!
HEDIS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLMarch 20, 2017
American Care is a great Company to work for. They have very high moral standards and they challenge you to strive for excellence. Also they do care about their employees and their patients.
Pros
Team work and collaboration. Genuinely a nice place to work.
Cons
I only have positive comments
Great work enviroment
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 17, 2017
I have very much enjoyed my time at american care. I am given the freedom to come up with plans and the tools to follow them through. American care is a medium sized company with a small company/family type feel to it.
Pros
great atmposphere
Cons
less time off than other companies
Family oriented company
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLMarch 17, 2017
A great stable company to work for, family owned and growing. I'm minutes from home and it feels as if I'm at home. The culture is like working with extended family. As a new employee, I'm proud and thankful to work for American Care, a growing, stable and successful Healthcare company to work for!
Pros
location, hours
Great opportunity with benefits
Medical Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 13, 2017
American Care gave me an opportunity to work in a growing field like medical management, I have learned a lot in the years I have worked here and continue to do so. The benefits have been good including paid vacation, PTO and health insurance, we also get a paid company trip that has given my family and I a chance at a nice vacation. You really develop a sense of family unity with the staff. Hardest part of my job is at times we have difficult patients but helping them out is the rewarding part of it.
Pros
Beneifts, Flexibility
Cons
Difficult patients, needs more staff
Place of opportunity but...
Medical Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 8, 2016
Has too much micromanagement. The work that takes place here is not worth the money. Treat employees better and watch the business bloom. Provide more vacation and better PTO system and actually offer a competitive package.
Pros
Once year paid trip to Orlando
Cons
Terrible benefits.
Best work experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 27, 2016
I love this company and all its benefits, a great place to gain experience. After the years you become a family basically. The Doctors and the Nurse Practitioners are very professional and friendly. The patients are not perfect, everyday is a new challenge though rewarding in the end. This company is exactly were you belong.
Pros
Benifits, company meetings
Cons
difficult patients, no security
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 5, 2016
To obtain a medical assistant position that will allow me to practice my nursing career. I am also looking forward to passing the Florida Medical Board examination and obtaining my nursing license in the near future.
productive and fun place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 23, 2015
i loved working at american care. the environment was great as were the empoyees and mangers. i believe i would still be working there had they not had to do budget cuts and eliminate the medical records department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Care Medical Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

American Care Medical Centers Reviews by Location