American Community Management

Working at American Community Management: 12 Reviews

United States12 reviews

Accounting Training

I learned majority of my accounting experience through this company and even though i loved the employees i worked with i felt they management did not give enough recognition for the employees that went the extra mile and did their work

Accounting

Wonderful company, cares for employees and great benefits. Great holiday parties and great co workers to help you as you help them.you’ll enjoy it a lot

American Community Management insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Definitely a great trade to have.

When i started working for this company i had no maintenance experience what so ever but after a few years of hard work and completely family oriented environment, the transition towards more knowledge was a breeze.

Look elsewhere!

This company does not reward their hardworking, dedicated employees. They rarely promote from within. Once you become a manager there is no place to go. They tend to hire people who did not excel in outside companies and put them in charge. Why not promote the good, qualified employees they already have? This is one reason why the morale is non- existent. They don’t look into the background and skills of current employees or they’d promote from within. Raises are never on time and are not retroactive. You seem to get one about every 18 months and they are never more than 3%.

Awful Job with no compensation

Had worked at ACM for 4 years. The industry of property management is tough, and the company does not compensate their employees. Often short staffed, underpaid and overwhelmed staff.

Pros

1 hour lunch break

Cons

Terrible health care plans, poor management

Ok if you're favored

Management is all over the place. No vision or direction. Job is always on the line and benefits are terrible. The schedule flexibility is nice, but only applies to certain people...

Pros

Flexible for some

Cons

No security, bad management

Great Atmosphere

It was a small office, but the environment was fun. I appreciate the skills I was able to acquire there. The pay wasn't the best at first, but if you proved yourself and your hard work, you were rewarded.

Again, I am forced to write another review about this horrible place. Its simple, do not work here.

If you work here, you will be stressed, miserable, disrespected, taken advantage of and broke. Just save yourself the grief.

Confrontational workplace.

The staff are micromanaged, unappreciated and considered expendable. The supervisors are confrontational. The office has a very draining and toxic feeling.

Pros

Free lunches.

Cons

Confrontational supervisors.

One of the best places to work!

I absolutely loved ACM! The environment is oriented and everyone including the CEO is very supportive and willing to help others. Working at ACM, I was able to learn about property management and getting to know your homeowners and board members was difficult task but very enjoyable for me because everyone was so friendly.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at American Community Management?

Staff is easy to work with

Heavy work load, can be extremely stressful. Education allowance is helpful in furthering education. There are alot of programs and software to learn.

Pros

hour paid lunch

Cons

health insurance isnt affordable

Look elsewhere

While there are some nice people that work at ACM, the management staff is one of the worst I have ever worked with. This is a tedious and unpaid position with many late nights and not time off to balance.

Pros

ability to tele-commute.

Cons

manage is the worse, they lower overall company morale.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Community Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits