American Concrete Products Employee Reviews

They were overallgood
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2018
They were great staff an they were flexible with you and your schedule.They also pay you very very well there but you have to put in the work first so be ready
Pay scale
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 26, 2018
American Concrete didn't pay no where near what competitors paid. Most concrete mixer Driver in this area start at 17.50 up to 21.00.They paid me 12 per hour
Pros
Learned a new skill
Cons
Bad equipment, low pay
Precast Concrete's Bad and Ugly
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
They are the "Bad and Ugly" of all precast concrete companies out there. There are some shady things that go on at the Dallas location. It is a place that I thought I could stay at and help with all my experience.....but nope..I left and never looked back. They will butter you up when you interview and make everything sound so great and that they are an awesome place....but you will soon find out that the place is a joke. Back away from this place. You will be better off finding a place that you will be valued.
Dallas Location is Extremely Bad
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Just like others have said, you will have no Family life if you work here. This place is the worst of the worst. Not only do you work extremely long hours and not see your Family, everywhere you look, walk, etc. is an accident waiting to happen. I am kindly warning anyone that will truly listen to me. Don't work here because I guarantee you will regret it if you do.
Driving concrete Creek truck working well with other people not good people there good bosses long hours shorten up in the winter time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Algona IowaSeptember 15, 2018
American Concrete good place to work for great benefits long hours. summer time winter time slows down a little bit good people to work around family oriented .you can relocate if you want to they will work with you and you don't have to be perfect just show up for work
Pros
If you like advancement .and some long hours and summertime, good people work there good money to be made
Cons
You don't like long hours don't work there cuz you will get long hours in the summer
Job
Wet Cast (Current Employee) –  Valley, NESeptember 13, 2018
arrive at 6 a.m. strip clean and build railroad crossings. i learned how to measure and finish concrete. management is OK could use more leads and better communication. hardest part is long hours and lifting rebar. enjoyable part is finish the product and seeing the out come of my hard work.
Unprofessional and don't care
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2018
This Company is owned by Enterprise Properties, Inc.. Enterprise Properties also owns a company in Dallas, Texas that is called American Concrete Products of Texas. They used to be called Enterprise Concrete Products but for some reason changed their name .This is a place you definitely want to stay away from. You will regret working for any company owned by Enterprise Properties. Thank you and Godspeed in finding a job at a company that you truly will be appreciated..... because you surely won't at this place.
Poor
Plant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2018
The place in Dallas used to be called Enterprise Concrete Products, LLC. Changing their name from that to American Concrete Products, Co is not going to change the fact that this place is the worst place to work ever. Stay away at all costs.
Its a very busy place with lots of work so im always doing something
Finishers (Current Employee) –  Valley, NEAugust 23, 2018
I start by finishing the concrete pipes with a mixiture called grout to the end then when that is finished I do many thing like making patches on pipes that need to be fixed or I paint some of them.
Official response from American Concrete Products
September 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We do keep everyone busy and still average around 50 hours a week. The Finishing Crew is a big part to our product and making sure that the quality is high right before it gets delivered to the contractors.

Job
Wet Cast (Current Employee) –  Valley, NEAugust 23, 2018
Official response from American Concrete Products
September 4, 2018

We appreciate your honest review. We do understand that it is hard work, which is a big reason why we give back to our employees through the profit sharing program handed out twice a year. We will continue to evaluate our Lead and Management team to make sure that the communication flows correctly through the chain of command.

Hard work but I sleep good
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Valley, NEAugust 11, 2018
I work hard long hours, but it’s a great opportunity for overtime. My work day starts at 5:00 am and usually goes to 5:00pm M-F working very few weekends. I like the people I work for and with.
Pros
Friendly work environment w opportunities to learn
Great, fun place to work.
Drafting detailer (Current Employee) –  Valley, NEJuly 26, 2018
Employees are easy to get along with. The Operations Manager does a good job balancing the work load between the office and the shop. Overall, great place to work and relaxed environment.
Pros
flexible work schedule, good benefits.
Cons
vacation time
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2018
As a respected professional within this field of work, I just want to say this organization is the laughing stock of all Precast Companies. It is a total disgrace how bad this place is run and how bad they treat their employees. You can do whatever you want and get a job here but don't say that I didn't warn you.
Challenging and Rewarding
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
I would like to present a fair picture of our company without reflecting on those that left with negative feelings. Though we are missing some key people we do the best we can with those that we have. We are constantly striving to fill positions with good qualified people but unfortunately the shortage of workers has stretched us thin. Some come and go quickly but many have stayed regardless of the hours and strains on their lives. Everybody knows that long hours create good paychecks but we also gain comradery for one another and respect each other for putting forth the effort to complete each day. We understand personal needs and strive to accomplish new policies and practices to assist each person as we can. One of our many goals is to provide better training procedures that in turn will lower hours. Realistically this is tough work and it's not for everyone. Some jobs require more hours than others and the company makes that very clear during interview and again at hire. It does nothing for the company to put people into positions knowing that they will quit if it is not a match for their needs or goals. I understand the feelings of those that posted a negative atmosphere at our company but I will add that there are positives as well.

Many long term employees with over 10 years of service.
401k with % company match.
Annual profit sharing at times reaching 15% - 19% annual salary.
Up to 4 weeks vacation depending on time served.
Paid Holidays
Various insurance options.
Monthly luncheons.
Annual flu shots.

I feel that we are a good company to work for and are
  more... on the constant look out for those few people that will make it a great company! Are you one of them?  less
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Summer heat and winter cold. Long hours.
You will regret
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2018
I will be as honest as I can. I had hoped as a management leader that I could be a very good asset for them with the multiple years of success at my previous employer within the precast-prestressed concrete industry, but I saw some very deceptive practices and a poorly run system that will do whatever it takes to blame anyone for something that they had nothing to do with just to make the company look good. I cautiously warn anyone to stay away from this place.
The Worst Experience Ever
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2018
Do not believe for one minute that Enterprise Concrete Products LLC is on your side because you will be sorely disappointed. I worked here and thought at first that it was a good place. I found out later on as I worked for them that it is a place that not only plays favorites, but will also spread negative rumors around about every single employee that ends up having everyone against each other and makes for a very bad working environment.
Pros
Cons
Too Many to List
No Way
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2018
As myself a very organized, detailed and ethical person, It was with personal displeasure that made me have to leave. I had tried so hard to help the daily organization and profit of this company. They would not accept any of it and would not change for the better. It truly is run extremely poorly and because of that the days and hours are extremely long. I was hardly home ....including weekends. That is my accessment after working there for quite awhile.
Beware
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2017
As an employee of Enterprise, I liked working for the company at first but that quickly went away once I was working WAY too much that I couldn't have time to be with my family. Please beware of this employer if you enjoy your time off with family, etc. because you won't be able to.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Its a job but that's all it is
Laboror (Current Employee) –  Valley, NEDecember 20, 2017
Poorly run management system, no real advancement opportunities. Management doesn't consult with or include employees in any decisions, employees are not well utilized and there is a major lack of training and accountability.
Pros
Good health care and profit sharing
Cons
Long hours, really dusty enviroment, long drive to work
Challenging & Rewarding
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2017
Working here challenges you and helps you grow. It is hard work but if you apply yourself you are rewarded with loyalty from the company as well as good pay. If you do a good job you can expect plenty of overtime and occasionally a Saturday. There are a lot of good people and a real sense of comradery and team.
Pros
Pay, Security
Cons

Comment – December 27, 2017

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the many benefits that Enterprise has to offer.

I agree, it is hard work but It's comforting to know that an organization rewards it's employees through it's generous profit sharing program and sustainable work for years to come. I've been here over a year and have never seen layoff's or reduction of work due to the time of year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Concrete Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9