American Council on Education Employee Reviews

Wonderful experience
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2018
In 2008, ACE decided to create an online version of the perennial AIPE directory of accredited colleges and universities and I was tasked with it's creation and marketing.
With no experience in business planning or marketing, I developed a business plan and marketing plan aimed at growing the circulation of AIPE.
Pros
New experience
Cons
Little to no assistance from outside professionals
Very productive work sessions that would occur in a 1-3 day period.
Course Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2017
I have worked at ACE on a part time basis reviewing course at companies for academic credit. I have been associated with ACE for 15 years. I travelled the entire country during this time period reviewing coursework for college and graduate credit. It was a very enjoyable experience and I met many academic associates from colleges around the country. The only deficiency about working for ACE was its low pay of only $400 per day.
Pros
Travel with all expenses paid
Cons
pay is low
Excellent job. Family environment. Important work giving adult learners a second chance.
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2017
Worked there over twenty years and I wouldn't change a thing.
The most enjoyable thing was the annual meeting of actual candidates who went forward with successful careers - noted business owners and members of Congress..
Pros
Important work with professionals.
Cons
Management when askew after loosing key personnel.
Great place with support and friendly people.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 18, 2017
We tackle higher education challenges, with a focus on preparing every student to succeed. awareness of faculty and staff, and an engaged student body; Graduates who are prepared to enter and succeed in the workforce; Global connections that enhance the strength of institutions and help develop higher education.
Professional people to work with.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2017
ACE's strength lies in its diverse and loyal membership base that brings in community colleges, independents, and four-year public and privates to work on common problems together."
Productive Training
Student (Former Employee) –  Online collegeFebruary 4, 2016
Trained on Microsoft and other basic skills on the computer. Learned several different software and able to function them on a daily basis.
Great working environment
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2015
Walking the floors making sure departments are taking care of, insuring the best of customer service. I've learned how to manage several deparments at one time. Management was very helpful and was there when I needed them for any guideness. Great team of co-workers, always helping each other. The hardest part of the job was travel time to and from work. 1hr into to work & 1 1/2hr traveling home from work. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing excellent customer service to all departments.
Pros
I had my own office
Cons
Lunch breaks to short
A noble vision for development of higher education across the globe
Associate Director Grants and Contracts (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2015
ACE partners with reputed Universities and Education Institutions for implementation of its programs. Its partnership financial management and grants compliance operations are challenging and provide significant learning opportunities.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 31, 2014
As an Administrative Assistant, I've filed and scanned documents, answer phone calls.
Pros
Good pay for starting out a real job, kept me busy, nice supervisor and co-workers
Too many games
Transcript Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington DCJune 23, 2014
If your going to work for this company be ready to play the company game.
Dysfunctional
Support Role (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 20, 2014
Turnover is extremely high. The organization is extremely top heavy and there is not enough opportunity for growth
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Terrible Management
Nice people overall
Senior Program Manager (SPM) (Current Employee) –  DuPont Circle Washington DCOctober 24, 2013
Great organization for professional development. Location is perfect, right in the middle of Washington DC.
Pros
Free coffee great team
Cons
little room for advancement
Advocay and leadership in higher education
System Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 15, 2013
Wonderful place to work with great coworkers. I leanred about commitment towards older adults education. Great Management with great inspirations. Great team we got with collaborations.
Pros
Free Education
Executive Assistant to VP
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2013
Assisted w/ travel arrangement, travel expenses, meeting planning, order lunch. Also assisted w/ Annual meeting preparation. higher Education association, enjoyed the meeting aspect of the job very much
Pros
assisting vp
Wonderful company doing great work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 30, 2012
The company allowed me to show how qualified I was in a previous position and offered me the opportunity to be promoted in three separate occasions.
Excellent Benefits
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2012
This is a continuous busy workplace. I have increased my knowledge skills and abilities here. Management is a typical team of individuals. My coworkers are hardworking as well. The hardest part of my job is getting individuals to change as often as the world changes and the easiest part of my job is being able to say another day of accomplishments achieved.
benefits
Cons
busy location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Council on Education. Our community is ready to answer.

American Council on Education Reviews by Location