American Cruise Lines Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Would only work here if it was life or death
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  MississippiOctober 17, 2018
if you have anything and i mean anything at home, don't leave. you are lucky to make 10k how they explain the pay is not what actually happens, crew quarters reek or sewage and there were roaches on my boat. there's drama and childish people that are excused with having a "big" personality. management is a mess. everyone has a break down. no one is happy here, this company does not care about their employees.
November 8, 2018

We understand the hours can be demanding and we appreciate how hard our entire team works. We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves, so we will take your feedback into consideration.

Very Productive Workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Guilford, CTJuly 5, 2018
This job will keep you on your toes and thinking. It has room for growth, regarding your work ethic and personal growth. The employees and management make sure to push you and ensure that you can always do more, which is a great thing.
Pros
Pay, Food, Making the Passengers day
Cons
Long hrs but definetly not HARD labor.
July 17, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that during your time with us you have been pushed to reach your maximum potential. It is our goal to make sure that we offer all employees room for both personal and professional growth. We appreciate your comment.

Non stop moving from 6am-9:30pm
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 24, 2018
A typical day at work includes you clocking in at 6 in the morning and not clocking out until 9:30 at night. While you get 3 meals a day, Dinner is served at around 4 pm. The shifts are 12-15 hours long. Occasionally there are breaks in the afternoons. Which wouldn't be so bad if you expected to do laundry in your time off and hardly have time to rest any throughout the day. Pay is 7.25 an hour. They claim you will be bring $10,000 by the end of the 4 months but the only reason that's true is because this company squeezes every last drop of energy from your body. On my first day my fitness watch recorded that I walked 8 miles and climbed 32 flights of stairs. The hardest part of the job is being absolutely exhausted constantly. I personally found nothing enjoyable about this job besides the views outside the windows (which I rarely seen).
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Tasteless food. Not enough sleep. No privacy. Hard labor for small pay.
June 11, 2018

We understand that the hours can be demanding and life on board the ship is not for everyone, which is why we try to be as transparent as possible during employee interviews and training. We are continuously seeking to improve the experience for both our employees and our guests, so your feedback is very helpful.

A great way to jump into hospitality
Stewardess/Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Guilford, CTSeptember 6, 2017
Travel. Travel. Travel. You was able to enjoy the places you visit. Granted besides the minor sea sickness-Everything was beautiful. And the food...AMAZING!!
Pruductive and fun place to work in.
Stewardess/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Guilford, CTSeptember 18, 2015
I learned a lot of new things in my time as a stewardess. I learned about team work and how to push myself beyond my own limits to plese and provide the guests with an unique experience while on board with us. It was a great learning experience.
Amazing new people from everywhere
Server/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Guilford, CTJune 30, 2015
I loved working for this company. I met so many amazing people who I still talk to. I also traveled to so many places I had never been before. I went from Boston, MA to Florida. Wonderful experiences!
Pros
Traveling, meeting great new people
Cons
short breaks, VERY long work hours, sleeping quarters