American Cruise Lines Employee Reviews for Member Services Representative

place
Hotel Service Member (Former Employee) –  Guilford, CTJune 25, 2018
the work place was great to be around. good communication and time well spent with the employees, to get the work done required for the job at hand..
Official response from American Cruise Lines
July 2, 2018

On behalf of American Cruise Lines we thank you for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback about your time working with us.

Housekeeping/Dining
Hotel Service Member (Former Employee) –  MaineApril 19, 2018
It was work 15 hours a day, 7 days a week NO DAYS OFF! You stop working at 10p and have to get up at 4a. NO NAPS. Only time you get a nap is when you on P1 or P2 (housekeeping all day or dining all day). You will learn the schedule as you go along it's confusing at first. I still know how to set up the tables and its been 4 years. They are very strict about placing the silverware in front each chair. Management was great actually they all helped if needed. Hardest part was not having a social life. Most enjoyable days were when we had minimum time off the boat. One thing they leave out is that you may get paid (700-900) "weekly" but really get paid every two weeks. I wish you was allowed to pay for your own room living with females could get annoying especially after a long day.
Pros
Pay, saving money, meeting wealthy people that tell you about there intersting stories.
Cons
Pay info, sea sick, roommating with females
Official response from American Cruise Lines
June 11, 2018

Thank you for your work with American Cruise lines. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve ourselves. We will take your suggestions into consideration.

Long hours, few benefits
Hotel Service Member aboard (Former Employee) –  Guilford, CTFebruary 7, 2018
You're only a number to this company. They could care less about your well being as a person, but as long as you're working your 16 hours every day, thats all that matters to them.
Pros
Free food and room
Cons
Long hours, Corporate doesn't care about you, you'll be expected to do everything and anything with any kind of compensation
High stress environment. Work hard, play hard.
Hotel Service Member (Former Employee) –  Mississippi RiverMay 30, 2017
Working here was a lot of work. You may feel at times like you are treated like a dog. Management is always expecting more out of you. It is as if nothing is ever enough as far as your production is concerned. You meet a lot of cool people to work with and perhaps even at the ports. In order to work here you must have thick skin. You are working with the same people through all the highs and lows of the day and need to know how to not take things personally when someone yells at you due to stress.
Pros
Meet fun and new people. See new places. Make a lot of money through over time.
Cons
No time to reset your inner balance. Minimal time for sleep.
Awesome Opportunity
Hotel Service Member (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2017
A lot of hard work but extremely rewarding with great experience and opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Great way to see new places and save money.
Pros
Saving money, build experience
Cons
No days off